Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? (2305 Views)

What Your Blood Group Says About You / 7 Types Of Men Ladies Should Avoid When Dating / When Dating A Nigerian Man What Should An American Woman Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 9:35pm On May 11, 2013
Find Out!:
Marriage is not all about having kids, yes, but having kids is an integral, highly rewarding and fulfiling part of marriage. Adopting a thousand kids will NEVER compare with you having your very own, just the same way I'm certain Ogugua will be quite content to prepare her own pizza in her own kitchen than ordering pizza from outside. grin Yeah you can order outside from time to time but imagine NEVER cooking in your own kitchen when you have all the utensils and ingredients, and only ordering from outside just because you can't stain the white walls and carpet in your kitchen, when you should have put a different carpet and painted your wall a different colour in the first place.

Yeah i know making pizza and making a baby are 2 different things entirely but the 2 scenarios are quite similiar in a way. smiley
Sometime ago when the issue of having surrogate mothers came up, some people kicked it saying that there is nothing like having the joy of having to carry your child in your own tummy and going through labour to deliver the child but what do you want women who cannot do that do? They should go against the advice of their physician cos they want to experience a joy that is superficial and open themselves to silly risks?

You are here talking about the joys of carrying a kid in your arms and knowing that the kid is yours and yet you ignore another joy born. The joy in getting married to your dream man/woman. The joy you would experience each day for the rest of your life that you ended up with the perfect partner and you keep giving thanks to whatever God you serve for bringing him your way.

Now according to your theory, if you are both AS, you should not be together, don't you think that kills that joy? Don't you think if you marry someone else you would wake up everyday and think;
"What is I had married xyz? Would my life not end up happier and more fulfilled"

have you not heard of human who commit suicide cos of marital frustrations before and yet when they're with a partner that is closest to perfection, they allowed it slip away cos of their blood group.

Do you actually know that a child's joy and balanced mental health might depend on the happiness and joy the parents show? The issues of adoption has problems but most of the problems reside in our heads. They are problems we create due to things like
"he/she is not my blood which to me is IMMATERIAL"

1 Like

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 9:37pm On May 11, 2013
I don't see the point in the whole HIV debate. You brought it up and it has been addressed so let's drop it and move on but the problems we have with adoption resides in our heads and the sooner we get over it, the better.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Dyt(f): 9:41pm On May 11, 2013
Ni kini?
Otitan mehn
I am AS and I must marry AA
Preggy pain
Labour pain
Slpless nights
To raise u go try
And at d end of it all SS
Mbanu

D day I find out is d day we start to end it small small
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 9:43pm On May 11, 2013
Dyt: Ni kini?
Otitan mehn
I am AS and I must marry AA
Preggy pain
Labour pain
Slpless nights
To raise u go try
And at d end of it all SS
Mbanu

D day I find out is d day we start to end it small small
I think the point of this thread has changed from whether to have kids or move on and adopt
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 11, 2013
[size=13pt]@Mynd44, it's for reasons like these that men and women leave their true love for someone who can have their babies/impregnate them. After they have four or five, infidelity sets in. Marrying for convenience tends to catch up to people.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 9:48pm On May 11, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]@Mynd44, it's for reasons like these that men and women leave their true love for someone who can have their babies/impregnate them. After they have four or five, infidelity sets in. Marrying for convenience tends to catch up to people.[/size]
Yet we keep igoing that fact and run after IMMATERIAL things. I guess some people will prefer the joys of having biological children in a lovelless marriage to adopting children in one with with love.

2 Likes

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Sanboy25: 9:53pm On May 11, 2013

I could marry an AS person being myself AS (I think).
There is only 1 chance in 4 of having a SS baby,
otherwise
[size=14pt] 3 chances on 4 of having a healthy baby [/size] be it AS or AA.
So yes, I doesn't see the big deal in marrying an AS like I am.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Connoisseur(m): 10:12pm On May 11, 2013
Mynd_44: Well if I am marrying, I will be doing so because I love the woman and I want to spend the rest of my life with her not because I want to have kids.

Children are a plus and not the first thing I am looking for else I could as well knock up some girl somewhere.

If we end up AS, i will gladly go on contraceptives and adopt. That even makes life a lot easier sef.

easier said. 5-10 years down the line i wonder if you still say this
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 10:18pm On May 11, 2013
Connoisseur:

easier said. 5-10 years down the line i wonder if you still say this
I wonder what will make me change my mind
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Connoisseur(m): 10:23pm On May 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
I wonder what will make me change my mind
time and circumstances
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Connoisseur(m): 10:41pm On May 11, 2013
I was in this situation a few years back. my gf (best i ever had) is AS and i am same. we talked about it severally, met doctors and even went online to seek help. the best help we got was finding the genotype of the baby before birth and terminating if it is SS. The chances are one in four for every pregnancy meaning your first 3 kids could be SS, that we couldnt cope with. we went our seperate ways knowing it wasnt meant to be otherwise one of us coulda been AA.
Knowing the genotype of ur bf/gf early on saves a lot of stress in the long run cos right now (unless in the future), two AS people getting married is a sure recipe for disaster
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 10:46pm On May 11, 2013
Connoisseur: I was in this situation a few years back. my gf (best i ever had) is AS and i am same. we talked about it severally, met doctors and even went online to seek help. the best help we got was finding the genotype of the baby before birth and terminating if it is SS. The chances are one in four for every pregnancy meaning your first 3 kids could be SS, that we couldnt cope with. we went our seperate ways knowing it wasnt meant to be otherwise one of us coulda been AA.
Knowing the genotype of ur bf/gf early on saves a lot of stress in the long run cos right now (unless in the future), two AS people having biological children is a sure recipe for disaster

Corrected. Remember you don't have to be married to have kids and you can marry without having kids
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Connoisseur(m): 11:28pm On May 11, 2013
Mynd_44:

Corrected. Remember you don't have to be married to have kids and you can marry without having kids

yeah noted
but why i used getting married is because even though you plan not to be pregnant, it could still happen and by then your resolve might not be as strong as it was in the beginning.
so getting married is still courting trouble
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by addictiv(m): 12:28am On May 12, 2013
A very important question I always ask any female I am becoming friendly with. Cos I am AS .
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Nobody: 1:01am On May 12, 2013
I don't know why people find it so strange that some of us will be as happy with an adopted child as we would if the child was biologically ours. The minute you hold a child in your arms and take responsibility for that child you will love and cherish him or her wholeheartedly as long as you remove the cultural things that have been taught to us. Many people have their own kids who look nothing like them and act nothing like them, does that mean you would love the child any less? In fact from my Aunty who has an adopted daughter i have realized that once you raise a child the child will mostly likely pick up some of your mannerisms.When my Aunty takes her daughter out most people ( especially those who don't know she's adopted) comment on how much she looks like my Aunt and even my Mum who happen to really look alike. she just laughs, showing that when you see a parent and child together most of the time our brains will see similarities.

2 Likes

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Nobody: 10:20am On May 12, 2013
Mynd_44: Well if I am marrying, I will be doing so because I love the woman and I want to spend the rest of my life with her not because I want to have kids.

Children are a plus and not the first thing I am looking for else I could as well knock up some girl somewhere.

If we end up AS, i will gladly go on contraceptives and adopt. That even makes life a lot easier sef.

Easier said than done!

1 Like

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Nobody: 10:23am On May 12, 2013
poshdiva:

Easier said than done!

Yeah sister.

This is Nairaland.

Anybody can live an imaginary life from the comfort of their home.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 10:29am On May 12, 2013
poshdiva:

Easier said than done!
I wonder why people have issues with this. What is the difference between an adopted child and a biological one? Blood? That just sounds like vampirism to me.

Just cos you cannot do something does not mean everybody can't. Stop looking at everyone through your eyes.

3 Likes

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 10:32am On May 12, 2013
val_dee:

Yeah sister.

This is Nairaland.

Anybody can live an imaginary life from the comfort of their home.
And this is also Nairaland where I can not care less what anyone thinks of me enough to lie. If I wrote something else you would agree that it is true right?

Nairaland indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Nobody: 10:43am On May 12, 2013
Find Out!:

I made mention of having your own baby coz almost every parent will tell you that one of the greatest and happiest things that can happen to anyone is to hold his/her child in his/her arms and gaze upon the face of the little one while the little one gazes back at you and stretches his/her tiny hands trying to touch your face....& then watching that baby grow everyday.

So what matters? 'love' right? Ask the several people filing for divorce everyday or those who are stuck in unhappy marriages. People tend to misunderstand love a lot. Love is many things, but believe me, it is NOT stupid and also NOT selfish. .

Well said! Most people think love would last forever. After marriage give it 10-15 years and see if you are still in love.

Fact is that those who got married for the wrong reasons are the ones who have a high rate of divorce. Once those big breast,big ass, swag, beauty, six packs e.t.c which were the reasons they married that person start to fade, they are hit with reality which they cant handle and they opt-out.Love is not everything. There is more to marriage than love.

I have friends who are SS. Whenever any one has a crisis, i think of their parents and how selfish they are. They could have sacrificed that love for the life and wellbeing of their future kids.

My best friend is AC. Whenever he has a crisis, he has to be injected in the heart. I know what i go through everyday. Always scared of losing him. All these could have been avoided.

1 Like

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 12:36pm On May 12, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]You'd be surprised. I don't have to make my own pizza lol. I don't have to have children either. I'd be very content in adopting. That had been my plan since I was very young. If I could, I'd adopt at least one child from each continent. Yes, wild dreams, but I love children, and they don't have to be mine biologically. If I can't have a child with my partner, then that's more than fine. Not everyone puts children before his or her spouse. For me, I have to be happily in love to even consider children. I was raised by two parents who have been crazy for one another for 28 years. I want my children, mine or adopted, to be raised in the same environment.[/size]

Hmmm.... it's funny how i usually seem to agree and disagree with you at the same time!

For the record, i'm not against adoption, & would recommend it IF the couple either CANNOT have a baby due to unforseen/unexpected health conditions. I'm also of the view that the next best thing to being happily married to someone you love, is to have kids together. Infact, adoption may well come up in my life plan ( PLUS my own biological kids) tho i pray to be blessed with my very own biological kids when i get married.

I think i've expressed my views sha, but then, we are all different people & so, to each his own. The fact that we are different people is even what makes the concept of adoption more sensitive. In most decisions couples make together, there are usually 2 reasons behind them:

- I'm doing this with my partner because i also want it;
- I'm doing this with my partner only because s/he wants it.

& the funny thing is that in most cases, the other spouse hardly ever knows which of the reasons among the 2 is responsible for that spouse's apparent agreement, & this is why many decisions supposedly previously agreed upon, don't always end happily. the natural thing is to get married and proceed to have biological kids. Other child bearing options are not exactly unnatural but shouldn't necessarily be the 1st option except both spouses 'agree'. Agreement for the 2nd reason especially doesn't always have an infinite life span. Things could go wrong especially in sensitive issues such as deliberately staying biologically childless & adopting instead.

Again sha, to each his own.

Mynd_44: I don't see the point in the whole HIV debate. You brought it up and it has been addressed so let's drop it and move on but the problems we have with adoption resides in our heads and the sooner we get over it, the better.

Lol. Fine by me. There are however indeed some problems with adoption, as there are problems raising kids whose parents you do not know without necessarily adopting, just that not everyone gets to experience them & really, adoption is very rewarding & a really humane act. I'll say only one word here & i expect you to fill in the gap in your mind : GENETICS.

ogugua88: [size=13pt]@Mynd44, it's for reasons like these that men and women leave their true love for someone who can have their babies/impregnate them. After they have four or five, infidelity sets in. Marrying for convenience tends to catch up to people.[/size]

Lol. my own parents were practically childless for a number of years before they had a baby who lived longer than 2 weeks, and there was no infidelity, neither did they stop loving and supporting each other, & they got the same support from inlaws as well, which was not exactly a common thing in yorubaland at that time.lol.

I'm not all about kids kids kids, though i believe its an integral part of marriage & in fact, one of the major reasons behind the concept called marriage. you can get almost every other thing you get in marriage, even kids sef, by not being married to that person. I cannot date someone i'm not crazy about talkess of marrying that person & i do not believe that i can only love one single person in the whole world or that my gf can only love one single guy. But i believe its discipline and commitment & ultimately, God's help that will make us stick together and keep our love strong. I believe i would find it extremely hard to cheat on my wife, even if we don't have kids, tho i'll never ever deceive myself & say for certain that its totally impossible because i know i'm a human being, just as my wife is a human being as well.

Again again, to each his own. People have trivialized the institution of marriage/the idea of having kids & feel they can twist it and turn it to suit their own taste & design, needless to say & as the divorce courts have proven, it doesn't always work that way. What works perfectly for couple A may cause unhappiness with couple B & vice versa. Not everyone wishes to even have kids, & some couples do agree not to even have kids & some other couples keep trying and trying for several years before God finally answers their prayers. Nothing in life is guaranteed, but we just have to make use of our God given senses to navigate through life as good as we can so that come what may, several years after, when we look back over the span of say 2 decades after marriage, we'll be able to beat our chest and say "NO REGRETS" .

Connoisseur:

yeah noted
but why i used getting married is because even though you plan not to be pregnant, it could still happen and by then your resolve might not be as strong as it was in the beginning.
so getting married is still courting trouble

Exact thing some people fail to realise!
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 12:42pm On May 12, 2013
I find it amusing that he did not quote my post about the love between partners who end up marrting one another irrespective of whether they can have a child or not and comparing it with having to raise a child in a loveless marriage cos they can have kids
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 12:50pm On May 12, 2013
Mynd_44: I find it amusing that he did not quote my post about the love between partners who end up marrting one another irrespective of whether they can have a child or not and comparing it with having to raise a child in a loveless marriage cos they can have kids

lol, you mean this? thot you would've inferred my reaction to it from my above post.

Mynd_44:
Yet we keep igoing that fact and run after IMMATERIAL things. I guess some people will prefer the joys of having biological children in a lovelless marriage to adopting children in one with with love.

I CANNOT stay in a loveless relationship Mynd . i just can't, neither can i dream of getting married to someone i do not love. You seem to misunderstand me a bit. It's not compulsory for me to have kids in life, afterall i'm not God, but i will not deliberately walk into a marriage that i know means that i & my wife wont be able to have my own biological kids despite the fact that all evidence points to us being physically alright and quite capable of having our kids with other people. i cannot walk into such marriage in the name of love is blind.

I do not consider wishing and planning to have my own biological children with a wife i'm married to, who in turn has to be a lady i'm in love with and crazy about, as immaterial.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 12:56pm On May 12, 2013
now with the last paragraph of your last post, you start to rescind a little. You start to use "I" which indicates a personal choice which you make.

In my initial post, did I not state my personal opinion? It is what I would do and I said it but you chose to come at mehereby starting this argument.

In the end, it boils down to choice. I have told y'all mine and you have said yours. Lets leave it there

2 Likes

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 1:24pm On May 12, 2013
Mynd_44: now with the last paragraph of your last post, you start to rescind a little. You start to use "I" which indicates a personal choice which you make.

In my initial post, did I not state my personal opinion? It is what I would do and I said it but you chose to come at mehereby starting this argument.

In the end, it boils down to choice. I have told y'all mine and you have said yours. Lets leave it there

Yeah i knew that which is why i didn't belabor you any further on whether you really could do it.

All my posts have been to analyse the issue in itself, and of course respond to you & Ogugua's views....from my own perspective of course which doesn't necessarily have to be the right/best option, & NOT to "come at you". In those posts, particularly in the last long one, i mentioned that "To each his own". I believe the very first line of my first post here reads "Yes, today I have this topic's time".

I've posted based on your position & Oguguas, & in all posts i've made on NL since 2k9, indeed based on how i live my life generally, unless the issue at hand involves a clear cut definition of what is right & what is wrong, i usually leave room to be corrected & i always welcome contrary opinions. I am simply looking at the issue from a standard general perspective, based on what i've seen, i'm seeing and what my own sense of judgement dictates. On this issue, my stand as evinced in my very first post and subsequent posts afterwards has not changed thus far.

Twas nice having this chat/debate though & believe it or not, I have learnt from your side, at the very least, that some people actually do not see much difference between raising their own kids & raising adopted kids.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 1:26pm On May 12, 2013
Hey no sweat bro. Our differences makes the world beautiful

3 Likes

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 1:32pm On May 12, 2013
poshdiva:

Well said! Most people think love would last forever. After marriage give it 10-15 years and see if you are still in love.

Fact is that those who got married for the wrong reasons are the ones who have a high rate of divorce. Once those big breast,big ass, swag, beauty, six packs e.t.c which were the reasons they married that person start to fade, they are hit with reality which they cant handle and they opt-out.Love is not everything. There is more to marriage than love.

I have friends who are SS. Whenever any one has a crisis, i think of their parents and how selfish they are. They could have sacrificed that love for the life and wellbeing of their future kids.

My best friend is AC. Whenever he has a crisis, he has to be injected in the heart. I know what i go through everyday. Always scared of losing him. All these could have been avoided.

Thank you!

At bolded, some actually went into those marriages out of ignorance, but the fact is many people still intend to embark on such marriages, out of which some eventually do so intending not to have kids, & even out of that you find those who 'mistakenly' end up having those kids.

A chat with any experienced doctor who regularly handles Sickle cell cases will reveal to you that a good number of those with young suffering SS kids today DID NOT intend to have kids but could not abort when pregnancy came.....praying the child will be AS undecided

As an aside tho, i know an AS/AS couple (ext. family) who had 6 kids, out of which only 2 were SS (both girls, one died at 2yrs, the other at 8yrs). The rest (men now) are AS & i think one is AA sef!. The couple were 'uninformed' at the time they were getting married (early 70s)tho.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 1:39pm On May 12, 2013
Mynd_44: Hey no sweat bro. Our differences makes the world beautiful

On point! lol
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 12, 2013
There's no day that goes on that i don't think about it, my babe and I are both AS, and having drawn the outcomes and possibilities, the favour is totally not on my side. Its just sadness and pain ahead. However she's someone i can't imagine not being with. we are still together, but each day is like a clock ticking,I know one day something sad will occur,to be frank problem-solving is my thing, but this one is just totally different.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Connoisseur(m): 11:05pm On May 12, 2013
pc guru: There's no day that goes on that i don't think about it, my babe and I are both AS, and having drawn the outcomes and possibilities, the favour is totally not on my side. Its just sadness and pain ahead. However she's someone i can't imagine not being with. we are still together, but each day is like a clock ticking,I know one day something sad will occur,to be frank problem-solving is my thing, but this one is just totally different.

i can relate with your story. spent 2 years hoping and praying that a new invention is coming to make it all go away. its difficult but if you really love her, let her go.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 12, 2013
Connoisseur: i can relate with your story. spent 2 years hoping and praying that a new invention is coming to make it all go away. its difficult but if you really love her, let her go.

[size=13pt]By doing so, it means that he loves the idea of having children more than his current girlfriend and his own happiness.[/size]
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Connoisseur(m): 1:38am On May 13, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]By doing so, it means that he loves the idea of having children more than his current girlfriend and his own happiness.[/size]

you know its very easy to say this now with the rush of youth and all, but a few years down the line and it might be a different story.

Just get married first and have a child suckle you, then come back and tell me you would gladly trade it all off. you can find another person to love even with a higher intensity than you felt you possessed (yeah i did), but knowing you cant bear your own child (not that you are not capable of) with the man you love.
believe me there wouldnt be a greater punishment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon / Life Is So Not Fair To Men!!! / Angela & Greg, A Touching Story In Pidgin English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.