Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF (24812 Views)

FG Issues Security Alert, Says Boko Haram Plans Abductions For Ransom / Boko Haram Plans To Use Mechanics, Car Wash Centers To Plant Bombs In Cars / Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks In June To Prove Jonathan Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 10, 2013
More facts have emerged on what led to the bloody clash between Nigeria’s military and the terrorist group, Boko Haram in Baga, Borno State that led to so many deaths two weeks ago.

Daily Sun authoritatively gathered from military sources that the terrorists, who had been using Niger Republic as their major base, sneaked into Baga in alarming numbers over some time and were trying to create a major base there preparatory to commencement of a round of deadly attacks in the state and Yobe. But for the timely intervention of the military, the terrorists, who were on the verge of procuring helicopters to add to their arsenal and commence aerial assault, would have destroyed the whole of Maiduguri, Damaturu and surrounding states, sources said.

Security sources told Daily Sun that apart from their intention to carry out more deadly attacks on Maiduguri, where they have made their stronghold, the terrorists had planned to launch attacks on commercial aircraft using their helicopter until they were taken unawares by the Nigerian military personnel there on internal security operation.

The military sources said they acted on very reliable intelligence from residents who had started noticing suspicious moves and faces in the area.

Apart from carrying out attacks in Maiduguri and its environs, the terrorists had also planned to attack other states using the helicopters to prove to the Nigerian military and also the federal government their superiority. Security reports indicated that even though the Joint Multi-National Task Force (JMNTF), which comprised the security operatives of Nigeria, Niger, Chad Cameroon, some other African countries and the other nations had not been so committed in the fight against terrorism as they had displayed lukewarm attitude to the mandate of the task force.

Operatives from some of the other nations who don’t feel much of the heat of the Boko Haram attacks were said to be the ones leaking security operations information to the terrorists, with a strong base in neighbouring Niger Republic.

As a result, they had access into Nigeria without hindrance and had turned Baga, a border territory with Lake Chad, into their armoury. The terrorists were said to have dumps their ammunitions at the least suspicious places in the town.

Daily Sun source noted that Boko Haram had been stockpiling in Baga enough armament to launch violent assault on the nation that they would have sustained for months if they had been spared to hatch their plans.

Some of the MNJTF operatives, according to Nigerian military officers battling the terrorists in the region were suspected to be providing security and shelter for the terrorists in their home countries and allowing them move freely into Nigeria, and sometimes undermine the strategies of the nation’s military to tackle the terrorists.

The terrorists were said to have concluded plans to commence aerial attack before they were intercepted. Right now, security had been beefed up around the border areas with a massive deployment of immigration officers to curtail movement of illegal aliens who were taking advantage of the porous borders to move into the country.

More troops had also been deployed to Baga and the locations around the border from the JTF to push the terrorists out of Nigeria’s territory and ensure they don’t return.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/boko-haram-plans-air-strike/
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 10, 2013
Please how much will it cost me to move to ghana?

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by sauceEEP(m): 5:50pm On May 10, 2013
Airstrike with what? A kite i guess...

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:02pm On May 10, 2013
Dem no fit

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by lain: 6:05pm On May 10, 2013
Na wa o... If this is true i dont know why jonathan is reluctant in declaring a state of emergency in some northern states

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 10, 2013
What a weak and an unintelligent propaganda!

22 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Tolexander: 6:10pm On May 10, 2013
Security sources told Daily Sun
that apart
from their intention to carry
out more
deadly attacks on Maiduguri,
where they
have made their stronghold,
the terrorists
had planned to launch attacks
on
commercial aircraft using their
helicopter
until they were taken
unawares by the
Nigerian military personnel
there on internal
security operation.
i understand there is a need for an excuse to justify the baga invasion!

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Dem no fit
nah so e dey start. Then the boko haramist first attacked with arrows and spears. Today the have anti aircraft gun. Rich Arabs are sponsoring boko haram. They can afford buying Helicopters. What they need is just a secure airfied

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 10, 2013
I wonder what my igbo people are still doing in the north.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Walexz02(m): 6:34pm On May 10, 2013
Abeg come again?
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by mekaboy(m): 6:38pm On May 10, 2013
Who said it is impossible to launch air strike in Nigeria. Its just a matter of hiring a commercial jet, load grenades in a bag and be throwing it from the sky. When they finish the blow up themselves and the jet.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by backtosender: 6:44pm On May 10, 2013
lain: Na wa o... If this is true i dont know why jonathan is reluctant in declaring a state of emergency in some northern states
cuz he need their votes

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by AtheistD(m): 6:46pm On May 10, 2013
mekaboy: Who said it is impossible to launch air strike in Nigeria. Its just a matter of hiring a commercial jet, load grenades in a bag and be throwing it from the sky. When they finish the blow up themselves and the jet.

Unfortunately there are too many dubious ways to harm people in the country.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by qualified(f): 6:55pm On May 10, 2013
Thought we used to have a body that is in charge of immigration in Nigeria? So what has Nig Immigration Service being since their inception that things have really got this far at our borders.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by lastmanstandn(m): 7:38pm On May 10, 2013
Look at a grand conspiracy to salvage the situation. And to give the BAGA massacre a new name.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by mekaboy(m): 8:00pm On May 10, 2013
lastmanstandn: Look at a grand conspiracy to salvage the situation. And to give the BAGA massacre a new name.

Do not underestimate these islamic terrorist . Some years back we use to watch suicide attacks in iraq and other parts of the world and wonder what type of people are these.

Today,we are experiencing it in Nigeria. Nothing is impossible.

14 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by TheKingz1: 8:00pm On May 10, 2013
Elements in the Niger government is sponsoring boko haram,that is an act of war.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by olempe(m): 9:23pm On May 10, 2013
God punish devil!
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by alphaconde(m): 9:24pm On May 10, 2013
Whatever what their plans are... Oh God never allow this country to turn to syria or somalia. What I see on aljazeera really breaks my heart. This alqeeda thing is tearing the world apart.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by ZN2: 9:24pm On May 10, 2013
Airstrikes? Like ten people in "their" helicopter throwing grenades down?

Oh well.
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by DisGuy: 9:26pm On May 10, 2013
walks into beer parlour...

Na so,, Infact according to military sources, they were in the process of procuring submarines which will be station in the now dried up Chad Basin, they were getting funding from some arab groups and former nnpc chiefs who diverted funds for northern oil explorations to the group, dont underestimate these bokos oo

pass me low-fat maltina, i no wan beer jare

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by lafuria1(m): 9:27pm On May 10, 2013
what should we do about it. stop telling us and find a solutions
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by EmmyBoy2(m): 9:27pm On May 10, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Please how much will it cost me to move to ghana?
grin
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Diasporan(m): 9:29pm On May 10, 2013
This Boko Boys are beginning to take things too far.Its high time someone empowers Ombatse group of Nassarawa.Perhaps they can prove a point against the BH boys.Atleast they have proved it against the Nigerian Military and police irrespective of the Billions spent on them by the Federal Government with ease without any of their members being hurt.Indeed Nigeria Military and Intelligence Gathering is a joke

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 10, 2013
NA LIE GO KILL JTF

Shey na CATAPULT dem wan take do Airstrikes??

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Siga: 9:30pm On May 10, 2013
I remember back in the days...when people say An African or Nigerian can never commit suicide....Ah, well...times have changed... undecided ...Now, they have gone nuclear...AIRSTRIKE ....

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by tomakint: 9:31pm On May 10, 2013
mekaboy:

Do not underestimate these islamic terrorist . Some years back we use to watch suicide attacks in iraq and other parts of the world and wonder what type of people are these.

Today,we are experiencing it in Nigeria. Nothing is impossible.
FACT! Thanks to the response and effective, timely military strategy of the JTF!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by esanland: 9:33pm On May 10, 2013
Tolexander: i understand there is a need for an excuse to justify the baga invasion!
If u dont have nothing important to say let nobody hear u.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by remsong: 9:33pm On May 10, 2013
Owww.. American film.. JTF just they form actor

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by alphaconde(m): 9:33pm On May 10, 2013
If it wouldn't sound impossible..what will the fed govt loose if they permanaently close Nigeria - chad- niger- cameroun border.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Mavor: 9:36pm On May 10, 2013
this is the most ridiculous $hit I've read in a while. Just wasted 3 mins of my life reading this <rap. All dem Barca boys (Boko) can suck my di<k!!! mtchewwwww!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gumsu Sani Abacha & Mohamadou Bayero Fadil Celebrate 18th Wedding Anniversary / Our Director, Abdulrahman Ado, Not On UAE Terror List – 9mobile / Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.