Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,067 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Funny Beliefs We Had As Children - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Funny Beliefs We Had As Children (13189 Views)

Ashamed Of Your Traditional Name Based On Religious Beliefs / How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? / The Social Effects Of Religious Beliefs In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by ibromanner(m): 12:10pm On May 12, 2013
Ozegbe:
are you a christain or a muslim?
mtcheeew!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by POLICECAP: 12:13pm On May 12, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
When I remember my childhood and the beliefs I used to have, I just laugh at my gullible self. Here are ones I can still remember:
* when there is a rain- the angels are having a bath
* when there is a thunder clap- God is shouting at angel Gabriel
* when there is a rainbow- God wanted to flood us again but the rainbow reminded him of his promise.
* Mary cries blood when people continually sin and is constantly pleading for our sake. #God abeg, no kill dem.#
* when there is a little rain - God just washed his hands after a delicious meal.
These are the ones I can remember. So, was I alone with all these beliefs or do you guys equally have your own wacky beliefs? Please share them

[size=18pt]OP: WHERE DID YOU GROW UP undecided[/size] I oppened the thread with the thot that you grew up like a normal kid.

[color=#red][size=14pt]Well, mayb I'm d abnormal one here cos this was what I did [/size][/color]

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by eriegua83: 12:20pm On May 12, 2013
O boy my favourite
POLICE CAP:

[size=18pt]OP: WHERE DID YOU GROW UP undecided[/size] I oppened the thread with the thot that you grew up like a normal kid.

[color=#red][size=14pt]Well, mayb I'm d abnormal one here cos this was what I did [/size][/color]
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Chillypelly(m): 12:20pm On May 12, 2013
imsu.boi:

BORING!!!

Just like the day you were born.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by claremont(m): 12:21pm On May 12, 2013
When there is a serious thunderstorm, we say 2 elephants are fighting.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by eriegua83: 12:22pm On May 12, 2013
An adult will spit on the ground b4 sending us on an errand nd tell us if we delay our navel will rotten

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by aflovic: 12:25pm On May 12, 2013
Then, whenever it's raining and sun shining, we believed tiger is given birth.
If u drink coconut juice, u will become a dullard. Lol.
If u eat fish eye, u will always score zero in ur class.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by tejpot(m): 12:26pm On May 12, 2013
king arizona: I was never a kid.... I was 15yrs old when mama gave birth to me... I don't know what u n*ggas are talking bout!
You must be the banned KYLE XY!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by tejpot(m): 12:29pm On May 12, 2013
aflovic: Then, whenever it's raining and sun shining, we believed tiger is given birth.
If u drink coconut juice, u will become a dullard. Lol.
If u eat fish eye, u will always score zero in ur class.
I fell for this coconut juice one o. There was this time in pry sch that my performance was not that interesting anymore I was attributing it to d juice
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by kakaG: 12:33pm On May 12, 2013
Imanuelle: Did India really beat Nigeria 99 - 1 ?
In fact it was 100-0. That was the year India was ban from international soccer for using juju. Lolz

And Samuel oparaji scored and died after the match ?

Whoever started that joke should be hanged.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Reachyrich(f): 12:33pm On May 12, 2013
eriegua83: An adult will spit on the ground b4 sending us on an errand nd tell us if we delay our navel will rotten
[color=#770077][/color]When there is heavy thunder in d sky it seems d world is coming 2 an end.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Bharbieface(m): 12:36pm On May 12, 2013
slimyem: When its raining and the sun's shinning at the same time,we go say lion dey born.cheesy

ah remember dis very well... lion dey born pikin...lwkm
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 12, 2013
That India beat Nigeria 99-1. If I hear!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by BarbieBlues(f): 12:42pm On May 12, 2013
Hahhahahaha...... I had some queer experiences I'd like to share. I was told dat as a gurl
1)I'd get preggy if a guy speaks to m( I went to an all gurls school so ws able to avoid men lik plagues

2)If a guy urinates nd I step ova it,I'd hav very ugly children

3)If I step out of d house @ nyt,esp in villa,I'd see dead relatives

4)If I lick mango wif coke,I'll die

5) If I bend down nd look between my legs in d markt place,I'll see people floating in d air,I.e ghosts(nva really chcked ds 1 out)

6) Wen an airplane passes,nd u sing really loud,u'll get a bag of money(u can nva imagine d sore throats I got frm screamin,wondering wot I wuld hv done wf d money @ dat age)

7) I'll be a dwarf if I don't eat beans(hated d food wf a passion) etc

Lmao.......!!!! Mum finish me no b small grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by IYANGBALI: 12:54pm On May 12, 2013
Ozegbe:
are you a christain or a muslim?
what has the stoopid question got to do with the issue?

2 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by alabitj: 12:57pm On May 12, 2013
U dont pass under a stretch hand, or u will never grow taller than d height of stretched hand
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Ephramed(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2013
If eagle dey fly join ur two middle fingers together start to turn around.d eagle go start to feel dizzy then finally fall for ground.
Kai,but it wz fun though.
Ohhh and laykay laykay give me white finger.......after singing person finger go become white.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 12, 2013
Fear of OjuJu Calabar

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Richy4(m): 1:02pm On May 12, 2013
When someone sneezes, it is assumed that somebody some where is calling that person's name grin
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by maninmood(m): 1:08pm On May 12, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
When I remember my childhood and the beliefs I used to have, I just laugh at my gullible self. Here are ones I can still remember:
* when there is a rain- the angels are having a bath
* when there is a thunder clap- God is shouting at angel Gabriel
* when there is a rainbow- God wanted to flood us again but the rainbow reminded him of his promise.
* Mary cries blood when people continually sin and is constantly pleading for our sake. #God abeg, no kill dem.#
* when there is a little rain - God just washed his hands after a delicious meal.
These are the ones I can remember. So, was I alone with all these beliefs or do you guys equally have your own wacky beliefs? Please share them

Hmm, this reminds of me of my childhood. And as a matter of fact, large proportion of 'grown' Nigerians still believe in all these fictional things!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by AroOkigbo(m): 1:11pm On May 12, 2013
We gladly gave part of our meat (after dinner) to the housemaid who then passes it to God at the back of the house.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by delta234: 1:15pm On May 12, 2013
1.when those white birds fly in the air(don't know their names though)and you wave at them,white pigments will appear on your finger nails. 2.rainbows are caused by spilled kero/fuel on the main roads. 3.being stingy caused boils(especially around the eye)

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by anekemary: 1:19pm On May 12, 2013
This thread is so hillarious, I used to think that bread crumbs was gotten from garri and Egusi seed(melon) was gotten from d seeds of watermelon. I was also scared of all kinds of birds cos I thought they picked humans and eat them (imagination from the movie full moon) and I thought coconut water will make you dull grin grin
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Bryancrox(m): 1:23pm On May 12, 2013
I use to tink dat any qirl dat is lukinq at me is likinq me...I jst break rule number 21 pls seun dnt ban me o
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by fame12k(m): 1:28pm On May 12, 2013
Always thought dat those dat have bears is as a result of cigarette smoking,

If u have bears that means u re a cigarette smoker.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by honeric01(m): 1:28pm On May 12, 2013
delta234: 1.when those white birds fly in the air(don't know their names though)and you wave at them,white pigments will appear on your finger nails. 2.rainbows are caused by spilled kero/fuel on the main roads. 3.being stingy caused boils(especially around the eye)

lekeleke
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by krap(m): 1:41pm On May 12, 2013
For those that went to boarding schools,there was this story about MADAM KOI KOI,please who can tell it 'cos my memory is hazy now... ,For those that didn't have such beliefs,it is never late,you can pick up some being stated here and start growing up again grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:46pm On May 12, 2013
When it rain and the sun shine at the same time, the lioness gave birth. It implies the water is for bathing and the sun for drying the baby skin. Also for preventing the lioness from eating the baby
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Piro4rl(m): 1:49pm On May 12, 2013
i use to think that coconut water/juice will make u dull
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by 18wheeler: 1:51pm On May 12, 2013
shyvicky: when there is lightening we say,god is snapping us,all we do on earth,when u do wrong we have one grass we tie into a knot that makes the adult to forget it
Did that too. The grass is called 'tofa' in hausa.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by PrinceJoe1(m): 1:52pm On May 12, 2013
If someone crosses over u when u are lying down, you won't grow up again unless the person crosses back

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:52pm On May 12, 2013
I thought God pour some palmwine in coconut

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. / Rccg Sunday School Manual, Sunday 7th May,2017 / How I Got Born-again (Christians Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.