Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Funny Beliefs We Had As Children - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Funny Beliefs We Had As Children (13198 Views)

Ashamed Of Your Traditional Name Based On Religious Beliefs / How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? / The Social Effects Of Religious Beliefs In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:55pm On May 12, 2013
If you eat fish eye, you will score zero in class
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by SirJohn(m): 1:55pm On May 12, 2013
Blood money, bulletproof charm lipsrsealed
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:00pm On May 12, 2013
I do believe any old men and old women in the community are witches and wizard causing bad luck
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:03pm On May 12, 2013
Scared of Dark room. Thought my dead neighbour comes around in the dark hour
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:09pm On May 12, 2013
I can only play with my friends in their house but cant eat their food. if I do, they will give me witch
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by lonelydora: 2:10pm On May 12, 2013
When you urinate on the ground, and snake moves along the urine, your P***S will grow very big.

When you whistle in the night, you are calling spirits.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Maximus85(m): 2:24pm On May 12, 2013
I used to blv dat drinking Garri with Mango will cause me tommy upset.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by QueenofLife(f): 2:25pm On May 12, 2013
Best thread so far on NairaLand wink

Best thread so far on NairaLand

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by haysal(m): 2:27pm On May 12, 2013
When dia z lightning -God z taking our pictures!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 12, 2013
When i pick up money from the ground i will turn to a goat. And that God....well existed. LOL
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by penzino(m): 2:47pm On May 12, 2013
As a kid, if I did something wrong, I pluck out a strand of my eye lash and put on my head... The belief was dat when I do dat whatever I have done wud be forgotten.... So cute... Still laughing at myself...
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by saintneo(m): 2:56pm On May 12, 2013
There are white people ( ndi ocha) & black people( ndi Igbo).

Until I schooled in UNIPORT, I always thought that the entire eastern Nigeria are Igbo with the exception of Calabar people.

Only fair-in-completion girls are beautiful..... Still giving them preference.

Stubborn kids have bone-heads.

Singing: some have food but cannot eat.....is the worst song ever.( someone nicked my biscuit after singing that song.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Celestyn8213: 2:57pm On May 12, 2013
When you loose a tooth, you don't smile so that the lizard will not see it or else it wont grow back...lol
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by nurudiho(m): 3:14pm On May 12, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]I believed that if we catch agama lizard and put #1 in its mouth and berry it after 7 days we will find some new note money there
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by harmony2013: 3:25pm On May 12, 2013
When our anuty want to beatme. i put onions under our armpit so that it will not pain me.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by donMecuzy: 3:30pm On May 12, 2013
Leke Leke Give me White White Fingers
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:46pm On May 12, 2013
harmony2013: When our anuty want to beatme. i put onions under our armpit so that it will not pain me.

LMAO! cheesy
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by miz4oxley(m): 3:47pm On May 12, 2013
I could remember way back that when the car inner light was switched off, I so believe the NEPA has taken the light!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by kumari089(m): 3:52pm On May 12, 2013
1.Dat when rain is falling & u put out ur hands to guage d water falling from roof top, u will become a leper. 2. Dat when u see a green slippery gecko(alambere) in d bush, u av 2 sing for it else it wil turn 2 snake. 3. India defeated nigeria 99-1 & during d game d ball was turning 2 all sort of scary & deadly animal u can think of anytime a nigerian player touches d ball, which make d football governing body 2 ban india from ever playing football again
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by killuminati(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2013
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati
Killuminati

That's me!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Bright90s(m): 4:15pm On May 12, 2013
tejpot: That of you go to school on Saturdays you will only find elephant,lizards, cockroaches and lot more attending classes.

That if you come in contact with a dead lizard or gecko u will contract epilepsy

That singing and rolling African Star Cherry (agbalumo) on the wall makes it sweeter.

When u have a detached tooth, you have to count stones corresponding with your age and throw those stones and ur tooth on roof top so it can I grow back.

When you are pressed, u can delay the sensation by singing 'Igbe lo ito bo' I.e Feces go urine come

Wen u go out and stay long, while Coming back u have to tie a palm-wine tree leaf together which means ur parents mind has been tied So that ur parents will not beat you.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by rubi96(f): 4:59pm On May 12, 2013
shyvicky: when there is lightening we say,god is snapping us,all we do on earth,when u do wrong we have one grass we tie into a knot that makes the adult to forget it
yes o snapping pishure and saving it in heaven...lol
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Rockcalvary(m): 5:20pm On May 12, 2013
Omo forget oh! Up till now ¶ still believe that if you flog me with broom my kokoro will go inside grin
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by ghananotnaija(m): 5:42pm On May 12, 2013
When I was little, I used to believe that Nigeria is the giant of Africa. What a ridiculous belief, right? How could anyone believe that?
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by cashflowpc(m): 5:51pm On May 12, 2013
Imanuelle: Did India really beat Nigeria 99 - 1 ?

And Samuel oparaji scored and died after the match ?

Whoever started that joke should be hanged.

Seconded!

Lwkmd! Used to believe this trash

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by pericaliya06(f): 5:53pm On May 12, 2013
if u pick money not belonging to u on the way,you'll turn into a tuber of yam or a loaf of bread
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by pazziejosh(m): 6:28pm On May 12, 2013
I had lot of dem
when cattle eagret is flyin in d air we wil sing leke leke giv me white finger.
Wen u r eatin with hand on d ground we had d bliv dt d fud is goin 2d ground.
Wen dey r prayin in d church n u open ur eye u wil get blind
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Penuelseun(m): 6:29pm On May 12, 2013

I support d motion
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by yeahryt(m): 6:50pm On May 12, 2013
Put fowl sh**t on a bitten part of your body and wait two days for complete loss of teeth of the bitter.lolz
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Anugod(f): 7:00pm On May 12, 2013
We usd 2tink dat if we did smtin wrng we cud just remov an eyelash from our eye and put it on our head den dad n mum wil 4get 2punish usgringringringrin
That if rain is fallin den God must hav poured out drums of water or d storeroom must b leaking.
That God use 2throw ice block(kankara) @us 4rm heaven wen rain is fallin.
That old people could never speak english
That women gave birth thru d anus
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by Uwakuwak(f): 7:01pm On May 12, 2013
If you bend down by 12noon in the market to pick up something, ghost will give you a knock on your head.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had As Children by mykky(m): 7:02pm On May 12, 2013

I heard n believed this as a kid, also heard India was banned for life from world football after the match, that's why they don't play football till today....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sermon By Benson Idahosa Part1 / How To Increase Your Faith – By Rev. Kenneth E. Hagin / Why Africans Are Religious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.