Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia (16876 Views)

Charge Your Phone By Shouting At It / 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month / Huawei 4Afrika Phone By Huawei & Microsoft For Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by firetrap(m): 3:16pm On May 14, 2013
Leopantro: Please I need to ask every nairalander that views this thread this, exactly how common is the Nokia/Windows use in your area or location? how often do you see a windows phone being used in Nigeria? Thank you

its not a common phone/os you come across very often. I've used a windows phone and I must tell you that it has the best os that I've seen on a mobile device. it functions smoothly and is lag free. I've used all available major mobile operating systems and windows phone os was the simplest to use of all of them.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by kolajoo(m): 3:24pm On May 14, 2013
SG3 LTE all the way.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Itoroetti(m): 3:28pm On May 14, 2013
jedisco: I'm beginning to see these Tecno fans as people who have used java phones all their lives and so can easily pee in their pants over basic phone functions.

One thing you guys should understand is that no matter the way you look at it, ALL ( take note ALL ) current Tecno phones can only be regarded as very low - low end phones.
So y'all need to take a pill and stop having orgasms over nothing.

Pls tell me one thing this nokia fone can do that techno n3 can't do.mind u,I luv nokia and I have used lots of nokia even uptil now...but techno really hits the market,I guess u don't wanna appreciate that.u want to see a condition whereby only the rich are able to own smartfones.
Sorry for u
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by jedisco(m): 3:30pm On May 14, 2013
rodeo0070: OPERATING SYSTEM MARKET SHARES Q1 2013

1 . . Android . . . . . . . . 74,4%

2 . . iOS . . . . . . . . . . 18,2%

3 . . Blackberry . . . . . . . ..3%

4 . . Windows Phone . . . . . 2,9%

5 . . Bada . . . . . . . . . . 0,7%

6 . . Symbian . . . . . . . . 0,6%

Others . . . . . . . . . . . ..0,3%

SOURCE: www.strategyanalytics.com

Another demented fellow.

You pick up values for one country and plaster them here cos the world is made up of one country.

Why not start by giving us values for Nigeria.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 14, 2013
E Fine but i buy..
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Symphony007: 3:39pm On May 14, 2013
Nokia should stop competing with samsung and apple for the smartphone market, it's already too crowded. Return to making powerfull,cheap,simple to operate phones for the developing word, the company of the most sold phone ever "3310" can do better!
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by physise(m): 3:44pm On May 14, 2013
Android rules
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Bawss1(m): 3:45pm On May 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

Pls tell me one thing this nokia fone can do that techno n3 can't do.mind u,I luv nokia and I have used lots of nokia even uptil now...but techno really hits the market,I guess u don't wanna appreciate that.u want to see a condition whereby only the rich are able to own smartfones.
Sorry for u

Optical Image Stabilization

Access to Windows SkyDrive

Wireless charging (albeit with an accessory)

World class Nokia Maps

I've mentioned 4 things from the top of my head that your Tecno cannot do but this Lumia 925 does, and the list is very far from being exhaustive. Tecno hits the low price market and that's just dandy for folks on a very tight budget but its certainly nowhere in the league of leading smartphones.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Ozenko(m): 3:49pm On May 14, 2013
timpaker:
To late I've already joined the SGS3 crew on dia android ship and I'm sailing with smiles on my face though I still pray to the god of symbian for forgiveness for my adulterous act
. Peace!
like ur comment bro but 4 me no leaving symbiam world yet,tried ios,rim,windows andriod etc but diz E63 ehn e swit die can u imagine i was able 2 play around different os with diz symbian phone....lol

1 Like

Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 14, 2013
jedisco: Can all these Tecno fans stick to their phones. This phone is definitely not in the league of Tecno. I personally will pick one this over any combination of 5 Tecno phones put together.

jedisco: I'm beginning to see these Tecno fans as people who have used java phones all their lives and so can easily pee in their pants over basic phone functions.

One thing you guys should understand is that no matter the way you look at it, ALL ( take note ALL ) current Tecno phones can only be regarded as very low - low end phones.
So y'all need to take a pill and stop having orgasms over nothing.

i don't think any of you has handled any tecno smartphone. i was talking like you guys about tecno till i saw and handled N3 and N7.

These models are low end yes but the fact remains they are smartphones running on android.

Tecno did not develope android and so it can perfom most tasks other android devices can perform.

I use galaxy note1 but should i need a low end smartphone, it must be the Tecno N7 period.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by jedisco(m): 4:04pm On May 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

Sorry for u

Like I said before, If you're still comparing phones based on what each can do, then you have a long way to go.

It's like comparing a VW Beetle and a Porsche and telling me that they're thesame cos they can both take you to your destination.

Asking that question shows you haven't used a smarphone for upto 3 months.

Mind you, I have no problem with cheaper phones. I personally have used them. What I hate is ignorant people trolling the whole place.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Bawss1(m): 4:05pm On May 14, 2013
Rudebwoy:
These models are low end yes but the fact remains they are smartphones running on android.

ZTE also has phones running on android. What exactly is your point?
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by MrsCork2(f): 4:10pm On May 14, 2013
Symphony007: Nokia should stop competing with samsung and apple for the smartphone market, it's already too crowded. Return to making powerfull,cheap,simple to operate phones for the developing word, the company of the most sold phone ever "3310" can do better!

Nokia is sick and its only remedy is android,datz all,they should swallow their pride and embrace android.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by asala1: 4:12pm On May 14, 2013

Amid falling sales, Nokia posted a loss of 368 million euros for Q2 2011, while in Q2 2010 had still a profit of 227 million euros. On September 2011, Nokia has announced it will lose another 3,500 jobs worldwide, including the closure of its Cluj factory in Romania. On 8 February 2012, Nokia Corp. said to cut around 4,000 jobs at smartphone manufacturing plants in Europe by the end of 2012 to move assembly closer to component supplier in Asia. It plans to cut 2,300 of the 4,400 jobs in Hungary, 700 out of 1,000 jobs in Mexico, and 1,000 out of 1,700 factory jobs in Finland. On 14 June 2012, Nokia announced to cut 10,000 jobs globally by the end of 2013 and shut production and research sites in Finland, Germany and Canada in line with continuing losses and the stock price falling to its lowest point since 1996. Today, Nokia's market value is below $10 billion.

In December 2012, Nokia announced that it would be putting its headquarters, Nokia House, up for sale for €170 million.[145] In the same month, Nokia announced its partnership with the world's largest cellular operator, China Mobile, to offer Nokia's new Windows-based phone, the Lumia 920 as Lumia 920T, an exclusive Chinese variant. This was in a bid by Nokia to tap China Mobile's 700 million customer base.

NOKIA is just struggling to survive, they can't compete with the likes of Samsung and Apple anymore as high end phones. They should try to hold down their market in low-end phone which they are fast losing to TECHNO.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 14, 2013
Bawss1:

ZTE also has phones running on android. What exactly is your point?

My point is: For now, as long as mobile telephony is concerned, the operating system is Mostly considered not hardware or brand.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by jedisco(m): 4:18pm On May 14, 2013
Rudebwoy:

i don't think any of you has handled any tecno smartphone. i was talking like you guys about tecno till i saw and handled N3 and N7.

Tecno did not develope android and so it can perfom most tasks other android devices can perform.

I use galaxy note1 but should i need a low end smartphone, it must be the Tecno N7 period.

I have no problem with Tecno phones. What I have issues with are people who litter every thread acting like Tecno phones are high-end phones.

What exactly has this thread got to do with Tecno?
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by henryjjc: 4:18pm On May 14, 2013
MTN and ETISALAT Unlimited Data Sim

Works for all devices
IPads, android phones /tabs, modems, mobile phones etc

Unlimited no data Cap plan, up to 700kbs download speed

Easy to setup

Serious guys only

Call my Airtel o7o14294000
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by morningsta(m): 4:18pm On May 14, 2013
Never going to buy another nokia Lumia ever again. cant download many apps because they are never compatible with windows phone. it hangs all the time, cant send sms to many, battery runs down as soon as you unplug it,its difficult to use the phone as a modem, etc.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Bawss1(m): 4:21pm On May 14, 2013
Rudebwoy:

My point is: For now, as long as mobile telephony is concerned, the operating system is Mostly considered not hardware or brand.

Are you saying that Windows Phone 8 which Nokia uses is not up for consideration, as in it is subpar? shocked
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by jedisco(m): 4:27pm On May 14, 2013
Symphony007: Nokia should stop competing with samsung and apple for the smartphone market, it's already too crowded. Return to making powerfull,cheap,simple to operate phones for the developing word, the company of the most sold phone ever "3310" can do better!

What exactly do you mean by better?
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Bawss1(m): 4:28pm On May 14, 2013
asala1:

NOKIA is just struggling to survive, they can't compete with the likes of Samsung and Apple anymore as high end phones. They should try to hold down their market in low-end phone which they are fast losing to TECHNO.

Another Tecno head

Do you realize that the article you posted is a report from 2012? I suggest you look up reports for Nokia's performance for Q1 2013. Start with this one http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/18/nokia-hits-7-7-billion-in-revenue-for-q1-2013-with-5-8-million/
Btw, what analysis have you seen that says Nokia is losing the low end market to Tecno?
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Francheezy(m): 4:33pm On May 14, 2013
shuuuuu.......nokia still dey make fone ??
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 14, 2013
Bawss1:

Are you saying that Windows Phone 8 which Nokia uses is not up for consideration, as in it is subpar? shocked

NO. i am saying that those calling tecno android a crap should have a rethink. at least it runs on number 1 mobile OS in the world irrespective of the hardware provisions.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Hackomania(m): 4:33pm On May 14, 2013
jedisco:

Another demented fellow.

You pick up values for one country and plaster them here cos the world is made up of one country.

Why not start by giving us values for Nigeria.

Bless you NL'er
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by jedisco(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2013
Mrs..Cork:

Nokia is sick and its only remedy is android,datz all,they should swallow their pride and embrace android.

And how would android help Nokia?
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by jedisco(m): 4:42pm On May 14, 2013
asala1:

What does this have to do with this phone.

I don't know when you started using a smarphone, but not too long ago Apple was bankrupt and even more recently Samsung was a nobody in the smarphone world.

So what again did you say your point is?
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Bawss1(m): 4:49pm On May 14, 2013
Rudebwoy:

NO. i am saying that those calling tecno android a crap should have a rethink. at least it runs on number 1 mobile OS in the world irrespective of the hardware provisions.

Nobody is calling Tecno crap here, if anything it is the Tecno fans that are badmouthing Nokia as though Tecno phones are made in heaven. The fact is that Tecno phones are mostly low end devices and they really can't hold a candle to Nokia in terms of quality. Does this make Tecno phones bad, no, not everyone can afford high end phones and that is understandable. It just becomes ridiculous when Tecno users make it appear that theirs is the best in the world. Utterly ridiculous.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Oluwadunsyn(m): 5:17pm On May 14, 2013
grab your funaab post utme past questions. Call 08065779127.
2013/2014 funaab post ume exam date has been announced
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by Revolva(m): 5:28pm On May 14, 2013
cool seee i dont see the reason why i should use a lumia fone ..a fone that can senmd out files to another type of fone...damm what a rubbish
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by abduldope(m): 5:30pm On May 14, 2013
Leopantro: Please I need to ask every nairalander that views this thread this, exactly how common is the Nokia/Windows use in your area or location? how often do you see a windows phone being used in Nigeria? Thank you
since wen dat phne cm owt i neva see lyk 2pple use am 4 my frnt i neva evn touch am sef....tchwww if nokia cnt step in to andriod den by 2015 ol der device go de owtdated #fact
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by jedisco(m): 5:31pm On May 14, 2013
Revolva: cool seee i dont see the reason why i should use a lumia fone ..a fone that can senmd out files to another type of fone...damm what a rubbish

Ignoramus.

Tell me the Lumia phone that can't share files.
Re: Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia by abduldope(m): 5:41pm On May 14, 2013
timpaker:
To late I've already joined the SGS3 crew on dia android ship and I'm sailing with smiles on my face though I still pray to the god of symbian for forgiveness for my adulterous act
. Peace!
lwkm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

God Of War Ghost Of Sparta Rope Jumping Solved. / Download Gbwhatsapp Version 6.70 Apk For Android / NCC Seeks Reduction Of Data Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.