Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,071 members, 7,835,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools (21163 Views)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools / Lagos Rejects Move To Reduce Income Tax Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 2:18am On May 16, 2013
shymexx: ^^^Why are you always smiling?

You must be the happiest Nler ever! undecided
I guess its because I am always happy cheesy cheesy. By the way what is your take on the issue?
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 2:26am On May 16, 2013
babe_online:
I guess I am. By the way what is your take on the issue?

Erm...I think it's the right thing to do. We need to separate the school from religion and kids should adhere strictly to the dress code of the schools. Anyone that feels slighted or doesn't agree with this, should take his or her kids to religious schools where such is allowed.

Edited: eyes are drowsy as fvck!! grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 2:34am On May 16, 2013
Damn son!! Did I just post "celebrate" instead of "separate?"

Drowsiness is a biiitch.. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 2:56am On May 16, 2013
shymexx:

Erm...I think it's the right thing to do. We need to separate the school from religion and kids should adhere strictly to the dress code of the schools. Anyone that feels slighted or doesn't agree with this, should take his or her kids to religious schools where such is allowed.

Edited: eyes are drowsy as fvck!! grin
thanks for the input. Do you mind watching and re-posting the video I posted on my page on Nigeria? Thanks.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 3:05am On May 16, 2013
BinghiNya:
a check on the uniforms of these girls show a lot of tight fitting body hugging stuffs they can't even bend down properly.

most of your post was made while you were high on drugs, no doubt, but let me focus on this one.

WHAT A HUGE LIE

I'm sure you're not even nigerian, just a pretender. undecided lipsrsealed

no nigerian will make this kind of post.

which uniform did you see that's tight fitting? You have a dirty mind, i'm sorry to say. undecided lipsrsealed

i'm sure even hijab wont protect anybody from the likes of you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 3:18am On May 16, 2013
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Mhomies: 5:27am On May 16, 2013
phemmyutd: building mosque in government offices should also be ban
... Early morning devotion should also be banned. .....[i][/i] shocked

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 7:05am On May 16, 2013
Fussbot: market make brain jare..we see bags snatch wella....ur papa no tel u ni??we were 2geda ystnit naw snatching bags...maybe u don sleep b4 in come bak sha...mtscheew... oloriburuku

lwkm..like idowu don dey expect me abi??she sabi sae she no go fit sleep again na..ko ni suun..cus she don wake trouble..oti siyan to naw....ha!ha!ha!..ijaya ....tel her am coming 4 her 2 in a giffy......I go teach both of una lesson u go 4get sae una dey find husband..eyin oloshi yi

Meanwhile..am done with u on dis thread..I don't want 2 derail dis sensitive,educative,sense making thread any longer..be xpectin me on anoda thread......awo lo!
more,more,more....e never do,oya.....the person wey do you like this no try o cheesy 8-) what a pitiable condition.you deserve pity,psycho cheesy

meanwhile idowu doesnt have your time because its worthless replying a swine
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by LandofMH: 7:46am On May 16, 2013
tatiana009:

Do you know that Oman, Egypt and some other muslim countries have a higher rape percentage than the US and even Nigeria ( even if you say maybe Nigerian women don't report I can assure you that american women do, probably even more that in muslim countries where there is a big stigma attached to rape. Rape most times is not about dressing but rather about power and dominating women.

All the examples you are giving are of religions and religious figures, Lagos state is a secular state. Why are muslims so unable to understand that religion has no place in certain places. For example a lady was sent out of NYSC camp for wearing trousers and most Christians here agreed with the organisation. When you enter an organisation such as a school or NYSC you must abide by its rules one of which is wearing its stipulated uniform. If you cannot comply for whatever reason you are free to stay true to your beliefs and leave.

Those talking about uniforms been tight are not making any sense as uniforms are not provided by the school. As a parent you can ensure that your child's uniform is decent.

There is more jails and prisons in America than in anywhere else in the world. Some states in America have more penal institutions than the combined total for all 36 states of Nigeria. The number one crime for inmates is assault on women, either physical rape, vicious attack, battery, murder, abuse, kidnap and so on.....

Secularity is a foreign philosophy to our culture. African cultures are intimately spiritual and divinely uplifting. There's nothing uplifting in the feminity of a woman who opens cleavage or give a revealing profile of her figure in public glare. Nothing! If we want to go by way of secular practice, then we are better advised to also start building more jails and prisons to accomodate the increased violation of women's rights to safety and security.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 8:09am On May 16, 2013
Land_of_M&H:

There is more jails and prisons in America than in anywhere else in the world. Some states in America have more penal institutions than the combined total for all 36 states of Nigeria. The number one crime for inmates is assault on women, either physical rape, vicious attack, battery, murder, abuse, kidnap and so on.....

Secularity is a foreign philosophy to our culture. African cultures are intimately spiritual and divinely uplifting. There's nothing uplifting in the feminity of a woman who opens cleavage or give a revealing profile of her figure in public glare. Nothing! If we want to go by way of secular practice, then we are better advised to also start building more jails and prisons to accomodate the increased violation of women's rights to safety and security.
fashola is doing that
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by bingils(m): 8:58am On May 16, 2013
mekaboy:

Here you go again, what makes you say the law is targeted at muslims? Is your religion superior to that of those who abide by the rules of the school and stick to uniforms?

What does uniform mean? Everybody must look identical, no difference. It is a symbol of equality, unity, fairness. The moment u put hijab on it, the uniformity is gone. You are now showing superiority and inequality.

So the law is not targeting anyone, simply design to promote unity in public schools.

You are ranting rubbish my friend, he clearly made his point, and he stressed the fact that we need to tolerate & respect each others belief for peace to reign. Our constitution doesn't abolish wearing the Hijab to school, why then should the commissioner single handedly instigate a problem which necessarily ought not to be.

I'd have expected her to focus on issues more demanding like improving the quality of Education in the state rather pass judgments that will tamper with the peace that's been enjoyed by the people...

Cases like these are very delicate even beyond shores of Africa, we therefore call on the commissioner to please withdraw her policy as it doesn't meet to the immediate needs of the people & for peace to reign!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by rezzy: 9:27am On May 16, 2013
BinghiNya: 1. Nairaland is full of illiterates
2. Nairaland is full of people with iq's lower than that of a sheep

Including you!

BinghiNya:
3. Hijab is meant to cover the head and the bosom and nothing more, a check on the uniforms of these girls show a lot of tight fitting body hugging stuffs they can't even bend down properly.

The uniform wasn't given to them by the school, even if the school gives out uniform it wont be tight. The girls take it to tailor to amend it. The blame should be on their parents.

BinghiNya:
4. Christianity of these times allows for exposure of the unmentionables.

Not true!

BinghiNya:
5. Jesus christ covered his head as a man but your women find it hard to do same.

Abeg, where can i find the chapter and verse in the bible?

BinghiNya:
6. Why do Rev. Sisters wear their capes even in public schools.

The last time i checked, it was in the university not public secondary school

BinghiNya:
7. Why do christians pray on the assembly when the school is not a church.

When i was in secondary school, the muslims prayed on wednesday and friday on the assembly ground. Is that a mosque too?

BinghiNya:
8. Why don't christians go to school on sunday like muslims do on fridays.

Because sunday is weekend not a school day. But you can still advice the muslim students not to come to school on friday.

BinghiNya:
9. Will you fools honestly allow your daughters expose her body to wicked males out there whether in school or not.

Wearing a dress without hijab does not mean one is exposing her body and putting on hijab does not mean the girl is decent. All the muslim girls in my area has one child or two for different men and they put on dirty hijab.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by olusipimp(m): 9:32am On May 16, 2013
:DWell,‎i think they're now coming to their senses,what has hijab got to do with learning,I'd been wishing to do dis long time ago,if dis had ‎​Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊oτ̣̣̥ bin done,i'm planning to start sending ma kids 2school wit ifunpa,onde,igbadi άŋϑ aluwo,oruka..άŋϑ others wit bible άŋϑ others....but now...i've repented not to do dt..Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ fashylomo... Ɣ☺u βε̲̣̣̣̥ real muslim άŋϑ ‎​Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊oτ̣̣̥ biased fanatic
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tintingz(m): 9:39am On May 16, 2013
olusipimp: :DWell,‎i think they're now coming to their senses,what has hijab got to do with learning,I'd been wishing to do dis long time ago,if dis had ‎​Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊oτ̣̣̥ bin done,i'm planning to start sending ma kids 2school wit ifunpa,onde,igbadi άŋϑ aluwo,oruka ..άŋϑ others wit bible άŋϑ others....but now...i've repented not to do dt..Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ fashylomo... Ɣ☺u βε̲̣̣̣̥ real muslim άŋϑ ‎​Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊oτ̣̣̥ biased fanatic
So you want your kids to go to school with juju, charms... Imagine that!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by olusipimp(m): 9:39am On May 16, 2013
:oBinghinya or what's Your name...nobody forced U̶̲̥̅̊ here,if Ɣ☺u know Ɣ☺u can't adhere to †ђξ rules, JƱڪτ̲̅ jejely log off άŋϑ take Your hijab daughter τ̲̅õ̸̳͡ zamfara where she won't expose her tiny ass τ̲̅õ̸̳͡ †ђξ public....άŋϑ mind Ɣ☺u, Ɣ☺u got married τ̲̅õ̸̳͡ someone else's daughter άŋϑ Your boy will also woo a girl....S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ shut †ђξ Bleep άŋϑ what has happened to †ђξ innocent muslim άŋϑ xtian dt are ‎​Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊oτ̣̣̥ putting onhijab,have they been killed or molested...jst shut †ђξ crap n move to something else...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by probsolver: 11:02am On May 16, 2013
16th May, 2013
PRESS RELEASE:
MURIC REJECTS LASG POSITION ON HIJAB

The Lagos State Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Olayinka Oladunjoye, in a press conference addressed on Tuesday, 14th May, 2013 placed a ban on the use of hijab and head scarf by female Muslim pupils in public schools in Lagos State. She stated that such Islamic attires would only be allowed “when the pupils want to go for prayers, when they want to read the Qur’an and when they want to go for Jumat prayers.”

We of the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) reject this position. It is a product of intolerance, tyranny, oppression, persecution and stigmatization. The rejection of the use of hijab in public schools reveals the pitiable human rights condition to which Muslims in the South-West have been subjected both in colonial and post-colonial days. It also stands in contradistinction to the democratic principles of freedom, equal rights, justice and fair play.

Instead of allowing free dialogue, the Lagos State Government is pushing Muslims in the state to the wall. We reject the claim made by the Commissioner for Education that the issue was discussed at length and that “We reached certain agreements”. Concerned and well-informed Muslims and Islamic organizations were either deliberately ignored or edged out of purported discussions while a selected and uninformed few were picked. MURIC petitioned the ministry in a letter dated 25th February 2013, yet we were not invited at any point in time.

We challenge the Commissioner for Education to tell the world who she discussed with. She should also tell Nigerians what happened to all the memoranda submitted on the issue by several Islamic organizations in the state. What became of the 8-page memorandum submitted by MURIC to the State’s House of Assembly? It is our contention that a neo-colonial mindset is at play in the Lagos State Ministry of Education.

We also challenge the Commissioner for Education to tell the world what We also challenge the Commissioner for Education to tell the world what her ministry has done to the principal of Kadara Junior Grammar School, Ebute Metta, Mrs. Ukpaka, who personally administered 43 strokes of the cane on a female Muslim student by name Aisha Alabi, a JSS 2D pupil, whose only offence was wearing hijab. Is this not child abuse? Is this not the height of Islamophobia and religious intolerance tainted with sadism? Instead of taking the law into their hands, the Muslims in the state petitioned the ministry of education. What has the ministry done about this?

The Commissioner’s pronouncement that Muslims who want their children to use hijab should take their children to Muslim private schools is a reckless, arrogant and irresponsible statement. It is a declaration of war on Lagos Muslims. Is the commissioner saying that Muslims are not part of the citizenry in Lagos State? Are the Muslims not paying tax? The Commissioner should simply resign if she can no longer play the role assigned her in the ministry. She has demonstrated enough hatred for and arrogance towards Muslims. This statement is insensitive, provocative, outrageous and preposterous. It is an insult on Islamdom in Lagos State. It is therefore unacceptable.

For the avoidance of doubt, the provisions of Article 18 of the United Nations Charter and Articles 9 and 14 of the European Treaty of Human Rights and Articles 18 and 19 of the Treaty of Civil and Political Rights all of which Nigeria is a signatory support the position of Muslims clamouring for the use of hijab. Denial of this agitation also constitutes a breach of Section 38 (i) & (ii) of the 1999 Nigerian Constitution.

We challenge the Commissioner to tell the world why the hijab is acceptable on school uniforms for Muslims in the North and an anathema in the South-West when Nigeria is just one country? MURIC warns that Lagos State Government is provoking Muslims in the state. The recent position of the LASG has merely has merely worsened relationship between the Muslims and the state government.

MURIC however affirms that the Muslims will continue to explore all constitutional means to challenge this outrageous declaration on hijab. In spite of the Commissioner’s attempt to provoke Muslims in Lagos, we remain committed to the maintenance of law and order in the state. We appeal to Muslims in the state to ignore this provocation and to remain calm and law abiding.

Professor Is-haq Akintola,
Director,
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC),
234-818-211-9714
234-803-346-4974

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by lacewiggal: 11:33am On May 16, 2013
The comments on this post so far show that Nigerian non-muslims are just as intolerant as nigerian muslims. That being said, I'll go ahed and educate those that don't know.

1. The Nigerian constitution calls for Separation of State from Religion.
2. The same constitution also allows for freedom to practice or not practice religion.
3. Nigerian "Public" Schools are usually less expensive than their private counterparts and available to citizens regardless of religious affiliation
4. Islamic directive on dressing for post puberty age females includes covering of all parts of body except face and hands when leaving the home and in front on male non-relatives, (not just when praying or on fridays wink ).
5. No other religion to the best of my knowledge has such explicit directives on female dressing
6. Nigerian "Public School" uniform exposing parts of the legs, arms and hair and thus does not conform to Islamic doctrines.

If the state allows for people to practice any religion, do they not see that preventing muslim women from wearing hijab to school is denying them their civil right?!!!
If the state allows for freedom of religion, do they not see that denying people access to public school based on religion is denying them their civil right

Hmmmm.....There's bound to be civil rights uproars from this silly, uninformed and relatively unimportant ban.

IMO, People should be allowed to practice verifiable doctrines of their religion, I mean, If someone does not want to show you their body, why should you force them to? For a muslim woman,forcing her to show her body give her a feeling equivalent to the feeling of violation a non-muslim gets from rape and sexual harassment.

LAGOS State, don't be deceived by false praises, THIS IS IN NO WAY A PROGRESSIVE MOVE, THIS IS TAKING US AS A COUNTRY BACK TO THE PRE-COLONIAL DAYS!

No Progressive administration can ban people from practicing harmless acts of their religion!
No progressive government can deny access to the public school system on the basis of religion!

Look at Progressive societies like US and UK, Have you heard them ban hijab? or ban t-shirts for that matter?!!! lol

C'mon! BRF needs to quit tryna be Naija's coolest Governor and just plain do as the law says.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by moscobabs(m): 11:37am On May 16, 2013
phemmyutd: building mosque in government offices should also be ban
As building churches also should be ban from government offices.hypocrite!!!!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by lacewiggal: 11:39am On May 16, 2013
superstar1: The question I am posting to all of u defending this hijab wearing in school is, how will you feel seeing your children in the same class with an ifa child with palm fronds on her waisy,cowries on her fore head and White powder or chalk on her face, all in the name of her exercising her choice of religion?

If government decide to create a Moslem school or Christian school, the traditional worshippers too have equal and full right to demand same, likewise the atheist. In as much as they are tax payers too.

Be objective, civil and holistic in your view of things. For the MSS people making noise, the government policy has stated in policy documents for uniform in government schools clearly states what a school uniform should be. If any court rules that hijab must be allowed, definitely palm fronds, sutana, rosary, holy water, and pasting of religious programme posters on school uniform has become admissible and we shall witness a ununiform uniformity in our schools.

Based on the constitution, people should be allowed to do this if their religion requires it, off course it would have to be backed by evidence that the religion actually requires it. Its called TOLERANCE

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by lacewiggal: 11:41am On May 16, 2013
moscobabs:
As building churches also should be ban from government offices.hypocrite!!!!

Actually a progressive government would build a non-denominational Prayer/Devotion room or hall. Different religions can reserve it for communal gatherings at different times and individuals can walk in and use at their convenience. It should serving all religions even atheists that need some quiet time.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Pasblack(m): 12:08pm On May 16, 2013
babyosisi: If you want hijab,go and school in Zamfara
Na so e dey start from hijab to jihad
Nice rhyme there, perhaps u shud be rapping

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:15pm On May 16, 2013
okpara ugo: Fashola is not a true moslem.

Allahu Akbar!!!

#carrying ak47 on my back#

Why wasn't this guy banned? He is surely exhibiting jihadist tendency, isn't that what terrorist say before causing mayhem he should be banned including the people that liked his post.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by deols(f): 12:29pm On May 16, 2013
These people have started again.

All I know is, we shall OVERCOME someday.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 16, 2013
Jihad is an inner struggle, not an outward one.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:37pm On May 16, 2013
lacewiggal:

Based on the constitution, people should be allowed to do this if their religion requires it, off course it would have to be backed by evidence that the religion actually requires it. Its called TOLERANCE

How do you determine what a religion outside Christianity and Islam requires?? The Ifa priest don't have a national head - the Ifa priest in Lagos has different rules compared to the one in Ogun, i could wake up tomorrow call myself an Ifa priest or create a new religion and set/determine the rules/commandments/requirements - which could include walking around with white chalk or red eggs, 'red dirty clothes' or blood on my face etc

My point is how do you investigate/determine if my newly created religion requires it?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by seyi42k(m): 12:37pm On May 16, 2013
The angel of the LORD also said to her: "You are now with child and you will have a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the LORD has heard of your misery. He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers." (Genesis 16:11-12)

This is the source of all their belligerence. Their actions are driven by a greater spiritual purpose that they themselves cannot define. They claim victimization yet insist on illogical & ill thought out actions.

They say hijab is islamic but they are wrong, it is the traditional wear of middle easterns and that is why even jews are found wearing a form of it.

They want it in public schools, therefore Sango practitioners should have their sons plait hair to school, the ifa practitioners should have their children add the religious outfit to their uniforms. and what of the Ogbonis, the okijas, the animist. Yet even these other 'backward' religion know when to draw the line.

They are usually present at every flash point of note in the world today. Don't be suprised that they will get their way in Lagos. But don't despair either because just like the hen that has landed on a rope, both the hen and the rope will not have rest.

They want to use Lagos as a testing ground for this case. Should they succeed, don't be surprised that they will take it to the whole of the country. Make no mistake, this is not about the students or their rights, this is about religion using politics as a driver with sponsors that can be traced back to the Arab world.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by sureway1(m): 12:43pm On May 16, 2013
lacewiggal:

Based on the constitution, people should be allowed to do this if their religion requires it, Its called TOLERANCE
anywhere l hear lslam there's alway a problem.
pls In a simple term define uniform.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:50pm On May 16, 2013
olusipimp: :oBinghinya or what's U̶̲̥̅̊r name...nobody forced U̶̲̥̅̊ here,if Ɣ☺u know Ɣ☺u can't adhere to †ђξ rules, JƱڪτ̲̅ jejely log off άŋϑ take U̶̲̥̅̊r hijab daughter τ̲̅õ̸̳͡ zamfara where she won't expose her tiny ass τ̲̅õ̸̳͡ †ђξ public....άŋϑ mind Ɣ☺u, Ɣ☺u got married τ̲̅õ̸̳͡ someone else's daughter άŋϑ U̶̲̥̅̊r boy will also woo a girl....S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ shut †ђξ Bleep άŋϑ what has happened to †ђξ innocent muslim άŋϑ xtian dt are ‎​Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊oτ̣̣̥ putting onhijab,have they been killed or molested...jst shut †ђξ crap n move to something else...

Why do some Nigerians still type like this [size=15pt]this is irritating[/size], i won't even try to read whatever you typed. We know you are using a blackberry, its no longer a big deal/thing, even secondary school kids are using it.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tyspicy: 1:15pm On May 16, 2013
Provision has been made for head covering in form of school caps,hats or berets(in school uniform colour and available in markets).if some people are been given an inch,they would travel d whole mile.So,let girls cover their head with the recommended school option.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Paschal007: 1:20pm On May 16, 2013
deols: These people have started again.

All I know is, we shall OVERCOME someday.

Who are 'these people'?

Is Fashola not a muslim?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by NOLONGTIN1(m): 1:27pm On May 16, 2013
seyi42k: The angel of the LORD also said to her: "You are now with child and you will have a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the LORD has heard of your misery. He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers." (Genesis 16:11-12)

This is the source of all their belligerence. Their actions are driven by a greater spiritual purpose that they themselves cannot define. They claim victimization yet insist on illogical & ill thought out actions.

They say hijab is islamic but they are wrong, it is the traditional wear of middle easterns and that is why even jews are found wearing a form of it.

They want it in public schools, therefore Sango practitioners should have their sons plait hair to school, the ifa practitioners should have their children add the religious outfit to their uniforms. and what of the Ogbonis, the okijas, the animist. Yet even these other 'backward' religion know when to draw the line.

They are usually present at every flash point of note in the world today. Don't be suprised that they will get their way in Lagos. But don't despair either because just like the hen that has landed on a rope, both the hen and the rope will not have rest.

They want to use Lagos as a testing ground for this case. Should they succeed, don't be surprised that they will take it to the whole of the country. Make no mistake, [size=15pt]this is not about the students or their rights, this is about religion[/size] using politics as a driver with sponsors that can be traced back to the Arab world.

The Bolded was spot-on.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 16, 2013
Wow it didn't use to be a problem before. Everyone just minded their own business. Boko haram must have triggered this.

Both arguments make sense to me though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

United States Supporting Atiku, PDP – Buhari’s APC Alleges / Bukola Saraki Celebrates International Women’s Day (Photos) / 2023: Mohammed Sanusi Clarifies Reports About Endorsing Any Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.