Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools (21164 Views)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools / Lagos Rejects Move To Reduce Income Tax Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by omo9ja1(m): 1:04pm On May 15, 2013
hijab for student or teachers?

I think is very sensitive issue and need to be put out for debate smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by eriegua83: 1:10pm On May 15, 2013
abubello:
so those rules and regulations should override ones religious injunctions? Why should a muslim girl who wants to cover her modesty be forced to expose her nak.edness to the public?
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 15, 2013
abubello:
so those rules and regulations should override ones religious injunctions? Why should a muslim girl who wants to cover her modesty be forced to expose her nak.edness to the public?
and by unclothedness you mean hands and neck?
I can see how very modest and decent you lot are.marrying your daughters off at 13-15 years to 70year old men.exposing them to all sorts of sexual abuse and std's,but opening their necks and hand for some fresh air is such an abomination.I really really really thank God I wasn't born into such slavery and pitiful living condition.may God help you folks in your myopism and hypocrisy.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by eriegua83: 1:11pm On May 15, 2013
She should go to a moslem private school. Is the mosque or home not enough to practice her religion? Is islam the only religion in the state? If everyone is allowed to practice their religion there will be chaos especially frm the moslems who cannot tolerate others religion? Kudos to Fashola pls NYSC take note, that hijab is so irritating. Pls hw is the approved school uniform nake.dness?
abubello:

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by talktimi(m): 1:13pm On May 15, 2013
abubello:
shebi you saw the part about registering your child in a private muslim school ? Don't blackmail other people because you want to practice your religeon

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 15, 2013
funnyx:

Those were not required by their religion to be worn so your argument hold no water. Islamic religion recommend head covering for women the other religion you refer to didn't.
well my own religion mandates it . u have no point oga. if u want ur daughter to wear hijab . simply send her to iraq, bornu or zamfara or private school . don't corrupt my own child with your silly masquerade hijab simple

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by AmiableJay(m): 1:15pm On May 15, 2013
Lusola15: Under d rule of law everybody has equal rights.

Lagos is a circular state.
This rule of law also gives everybody the right to wear provocative dress?
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by ony073: 1:16pm On May 15, 2013
9jadelta: so because a muslim girl wants to cover her head, she should ignore every rules that guide school uniform eh. that means cherubim and saraphim girl can wear her sultana to school, a pagan can wear his otumopko cloth to school huh. when there is no rules there is no sin. if ur girl wants to wear hijab to school no problem as long as u will allow my daughter to carry otumokpo to school
God bless u, am in support 100%.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Darejyde(m): 1:20pm On May 15, 2013
Jaidey-one:
Nice move!!! if hijabs would be allowed then traditionalists should also be allowed to wear their igbadi, ifunpa, onde to schools tongue
not only de traditonal pple, celestial students to should put on thier white cap and walk bare footed, Deeperlife members tie their turnan, Redeem members their hats, Christ Embassy male students should be allowed to fry their hair wit, correct punk, Winners with their skimpy and tight dresses or trousers and so on like dat make we see who go tire..........

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by siddiq202(m): 1:21pm On May 15, 2013
The commissioner or anybody else can say whatever he/she wants.

Let's wait and see what the court will say on May 27.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 15, 2013
abubello: what happens to freedom to practice one's religion
religion and education is a seperate thing and it should remain that.like they have said anyone that is not comfortable with the idea should take his ward to a religious school where you will practice your religion without hinderance.

lagos state is a secular state and it remais that way.na so them wan start to dey bring religion into education subtly and slowly and later become a strong hold.good enough fashola is a cosmopolitan muslim so he knows better and so some 'groups of religion' will not see it as persecution...issshhh

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by funnyx(m): 1:24pm On May 15, 2013
9jadelta: well my own religion mandates it . u have no point oga. if u want ur daughter to wear hijab . simple send her to iraq, bornu or zamfara or private school . don't corrupt my own child with your silly masquerade hijab simple

You guys are just being paranoid, well I can understand its due to boko haram but seriously hijab is just a mere scarf. I'm not a Muslim but I have no problem with Muslim girls putting on hijab, here in the UK they wear it to school, work etc and it causes no one any headache except the extreme right wingers.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by mekaboy(m): 1:26pm On May 15, 2013
If u allow hijab this should be allowed

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Abbey2sam(m): 1:27pm On May 15, 2013
abubello:

See this ful, its pple like you that don't let our country move forward cuz its pple like you that are boko boys............

There are so many islamic school, why don't you take your children there if you tink wearing normal uniform is moving around naked............

I live in the north, all this hijid they wear na wash..
Cuz there is this muslim chick in my compound who always wear hijab, so I thought to myself..this chick na good muslim oo!! Ashe na wash ......

Till she come my room way I just lift the hijab for play..........if you see wetin I see............well as a sharp guy I just collect two round sharp and na so she continue to dey come my room like that uptill today

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 15, 2013
okpara ugo: Fashola is not a true moslem.

Allahu Akbar!!!

#carrying ak47 on my back#
did u finish primary becoz ur comment look so silly b4 me, why's muslim always looking away in taking innocents life, must u wear hijab, sometime one real wonder which God u guyz service that always demand 4blood...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 15, 2013
Darejyde: not only de traditonal pple, celestial students to should put on thier white cap and walk bare footed, Deeperlife members tie their turnan, Redeem members their hats, Christ Embassy male students should be allowed to fry their hair wit, correct punk, Winners with their skimpy and tight dresses or trousers and so on like dat make we see who go tire..........
gbam! Perfect

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Exponental(m): 1:29pm On May 15, 2013
This is d first govt sincerity I av seen on religious issues n I commend d govt for being honest.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 15, 2013
funnyx:

You guys are just being paranoid, well I can understand its due to boko haram but seriously hijab is just a mere scarf. I'm not a Muslim but I have no problem with Muslim girls putting on hijab, here in the UK they wear it to school, work etc and it causes no one any headache except the extreme right wingers.
that is because u.k is religiously tolerant,nigeria is not and apart from that,after wearing hijab,they will want to extend it to class teachers (men) wearing jumpers trousers and cap to school with their beads on their necks,if possible carrying their praying ma t to school

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by ghetomum: 1:33pm On May 15, 2013
okpara ugo: Fashola is not a true moslem.

Allahu Akbar!!!

#carrying ak47 on my back#

fashola is not a tru moslem abbi Allahu Akbar!!! dey bomb every where
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 15, 2013
Abbey2sam:

See this ful, its pple like you that don't let our country move forward cuz its pple like you that are boko boys............

There are so many islamic school, why don't you take your children there if you tink wearing normal uniform is moving around naked............

I live in the north, all this hijid they wear na wash..
Cuz there is this muslim chick in my compound who always wear hijab, so I thought to myself..this chick na good muslim oo!! Ashe na wash ......

Till she come my room way I just lift the hijab for play..........if you see wetin I see............well as a sharp guy I just collect two round sharp and na so she continue to dey come my room like that uptill today
lmao cheesy let alfa tunji or alpharess deols here you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by siddiq202(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2013
kulyie: that is because u.k is religiously tolerant,nigeria is not and apart from that,after wearing hijab, they will want to extend it to class teachers (men) wearing jumpers trousers and cap to school with their beads on their necks,if possible carrying their praying ma t to school

The part on bold must have been giving you serious headache shai!!!

Pe le always carry paracetamol to suppress the pains. SMH for u
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by dasparrow: 1:36pm On May 15, 2013
funnyx:

Those were not required by their religion to be worn so your argument hold no water. Islamic religion recommend head covering for women the other religion you refer to didn't.

@Bolded

Since when did little girls attending public school become WOMEN?

@Post

Good job Fashola!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by joanana(f): 1:36pm On May 15, 2013
abubello:

Which nak.edness if i may ask? angry angry angry angry proper uniform na only pant n bra abi? angry angry angry angryNigeria or Lagos is not an Islamic stat/country. please obey the rules and regulations of public schools or take ur child to a muslim school if you dnt like it shikina!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by olapluto(m): 1:37pm On May 15, 2013
There's no legal basis for this ban.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 15, 2013
AmiableJay:
This rule of law also gives everybody the right to wear provocative dress?
yes
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by bingils(m): 1:38pm On May 15, 2013
eriegua83: She should go to a moslem private school. Is the mosque or home not enough to practice her religion? Is islam the only religion in the state? If everyone is allowed to practice their religion there will be chaos especially frm the moslems who cannot tolerate others religion? Kudos to Fashola pls NYSC take note, that hijab is so irritating. Pls hw is the approved school uniform nake.dness?

See who says Hijab is irritating, my dear ur half-dressed xtian sisters are not irritating right? ur mini-skirt sisters with their thighs exposed to the whole world are not irritating right? Ur spaghetti top sisters with 3/4 of their br.east exposed are not irritating right? No wonder the number of rape cases is predominate amongst your people...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by ooua: 1:39pm On May 15, 2013
Maybe you did not understand other readers, if that is what your religion calls for please no body is stopping you go to a private islamic school. Am a Catholic and sends my children to Catholic school should I now ask the government to recommend praying of thr rosary in public schools. Life is about choicessmiley
funnyx:

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 15, 2013
this is bullshit if lagos is a secular state it simply implies everybody is free to practice and dress however he or she wishes if muslims decide to wear hijjab to school wats the big deal after all everybody is supposed to be accomodated in a secular society irrespective of weda u are muslim hindu christain or pagan wateva it is it shouldnt b the concern of the state.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 15, 2013
Redoil: Moderators and co put on ur bulet proof vest and carry ur AK-47 and prepare for E-WAR and E-BOMBING. Prepare to censor comment against the lag govt. How dare the lagos govt ban wearing Hijab.
what an objectification inbalance words from U, look at this imprudent fellow, if u are a terories go to Bornu state since u need blood...God bless south,south and great ppl of Edo state..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by lastpage: 1:39pm On May 15, 2013
funnyx:

You can choose between putting your girl in a MOSQUE or a SCHOOL!

HIJAB = MOSQUE
NO COVERING = SCHOOL (in Lagos, not shaamfara!)

Both offer education ...and the CHOICE IS YOURS...., and yours only!
Its called FREEDOM OF CHOICE! wink wink
No fighting, No Bombing, No Killing, No terrorism, just everybody HAPPY! kiss kiss kiss

Lastpage!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by devour129: 1:40pm On May 15, 2013
lorretta u: and by unclothedness you mean hands and neck?
I can see how very modest and decent you lot are.marrying your daughters off at 13-15 years to 70year old men.exposing them to all sorts of sexual abuse and std's,but opening their necks and hand for some fresh air is such an abomination.I really really really thank God I wasn't born into such slavery and pitiful living condition.may God help you folks in your myopism and hypocrisy.
dont mind dem,ndi aruru Ana ! Lagos is far ahead of Nigeria,good one Lagos state

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

APC Lawmakers-Elect Boycott Meeting With With Party Leadership - TheTrent / N-power Build Launch By Osinbajo (see Photos) / Presidential Poll: No Regret Working Against Buhari –ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.