Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools (21123 Views)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools / Lagos Rejects Move To Reduce Income Tax Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tolex34(m): 4:34pm On May 15, 2013
abubello:
so those rules and regulations should override ones religious injunctions? Why should a muslim girl who wants to cover her modesty be forced to expose her nak.edness to the public?
School Uniform is not bra and pant nor bikini, so how does that uncovers her modesty or expose her nak.edness to the public. U jus wan make person vex

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 15, 2013
bingils:

Lol, so e dey pain? Can u take a critical look at yourself? How u went berserk, refuting my insult against you... Well I did that intentionally to excite that hate you have for me & my brethren, & for your information I'd be ever happy to die an "uncivilised" he goat, than to die a civilised ape as yourself, please ape do clap for yourself... Onye beribe!
Keep ranting. No be una be d haters. You look at a human being and decide that they don't deserve to exist. Are you God? , can you create a soul?, yet to take pleasure destroying it. If your god is not happy with the state of things, let him fight for himself and stop fighting for him. I have gone through your posts and I know people like you. We will all reap what we sow.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Fussbot: 4:35pm On May 15, 2013
tintingz: looking at the gender on ma profile na male so i be bros grin

Again i said from monday to thursday christians do their preaching, singing from SOP booklet if you dont have one with you na bulala for your yansh... grin

Muslims only preach on fridays and at the finishing part of the assembly we will still shout 'in Jesus name'

Now tell me do they want all muslims to pray like christains?
bro al d gvmnt schools I know sing both songs

And about monday 2 thursday ish,it depends on d environment,if u stay in a place like ilorin where muslims are the majority infact all d days are 4 muslims...

Bt a place like ibadan,ogbomoso u shld expect d vice-versa
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by ziccoit: 4:36pm On May 15, 2013
I wished somebody would sue the hell out of this administration. How does the wearing of hijab affects the performance of pupils/students in school. In fact, the hijab wearing ones are always the most brilliant ones up to the university level.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 4:42pm On May 15, 2013
This policy cant stand test of time. Even, an amateur lawyer will easily win the case in a law court. How does wearing hijab bring confusion? That a muslim girl expresses herself through covering of her head that she is a muslim brings confusion? It once happened in govts' hospitals and today, the discriminatory policy had been thrown into the dustbin.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 4:47pm On May 15, 2013
ziccoit: I wished somebody would sue the hell out of this administration. How does the wearing of hijab affects the performance of pupils/students in school. In fact, the hijab wearing ones are always the most brilliant ones up to the university level.
People will surely drag the state govt to court. And you know what, the govt will be told to stop trample on people's right.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tintingz(m): 4:51pm On May 15, 2013
hotbabe001: [color=#990000][/color]Some plp have a fish brain how does brazilian hair concerns wearing of hijab are u a learner
grin italian hair
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tintingz(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2013
Fussbot: bro al d gvmnt schools I know sing both songs

And about monday 2 thursday ish,it depends on d environment,if u stay in a place like ilorin where muslims are the majority infact all d days are 4 muslims...

Bt a place like ibadan,ogbomoso u shld expect d vice-versa

i schooled in Lagos...
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by funnyx(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2013
maasoap: This policy cant stand test of time. Even, an amateur lawyer will easily win the case in a law court. How does wearing hijab bring confusion? That a muslim girl expresses herself through covering of her head that she is a muslim brings confusion? It once happened in govts' hospitals and today, the discriminatory policy had been thrown into the dustbin.

It's a ridiculous policy, may be they do it just to appease some people.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by ziccoit: 4:53pm On May 15, 2013
maasoap: People will surely drag the state govt to court. And you know what, the govt will be told to stop trample on people's right.

Very correct. The similar case is before the court in Osun state.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 4:55pm On May 15, 2013
siddiq202: The commissioner or anybody else can say whatever he/she wants.

Let's wait and see what the court will say on May 27.
I love this. The state govt will bite the dust, sure.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by hotbabe001(f): 5:01pm On May 15, 2013
Public sch is a public sch if u want ur child 2 wear hijab take her 2 an islamic sch 4 heaven's sake & respect d law of d state wats wrong wit plp i don't know how some plp think. Just dress in d right sch uniform no additional material simple.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 5:06pm On May 15, 2013
funnyx:

It's a ridiculous policy, may be they do it just to appease some people.
Election is drawing nearer and they must appease those bodies who are black-mailing because they dont want them to vote for opposition in the state. Even in Osun State last week and this week, education officials have been going round telling female muslim teachers that they should all cut their hijabs so that it shouldn't extend beyond elbows, imagine! I quite understand that the rulling party is being blackmailed with their votes.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 15, 2013
tintingz: looking at the gender on ma profile na male so i be bros grin

Again i said from monday to thursday christians do their preaching, singing from SOP booklet if you dont have one with you na bulala for your yansh... grin

Muslims only preach on fridays and at the finishing part of the assembly we will still shout 'in Jesus name'

Now tell me do they want all muslims to pray like christains?

now, i do not know why in your school, they added "In Jesus name" at the end of muslim prayer.

it could be the school is majority christian and were forced to add muslim prayers to the syllabus.

it could also be your school was originally a mission school which got appropriated by the govt.

however the case may be, i personally do not have any issues with people learning about other religions.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by JimmyBoy1: 5:10pm On May 15, 2013
To me, wearing Hijab does not affect anyone, the pupils should be given freedom on whether to wear Hijab or not.I am a Christian.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 5:14pm On May 15, 2013
tpia.:

now, i do not know why in your school, they added "In Jesus name" at the end of muslim prayer.

it could be the school is majority christian and were forced to add muslim prayers to the syllabus.

it could also be your school was originally a mission school which got appropriated by the govt.

however the case may be, i personally do not have any issues with people learning about other religions.
And you just called this learning about other religion when it is crystal clear that they are bigots.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 15, 2013
what the schools can do, is have an international or is it cultural day/week where each student can showcase their culture and wear their cultural attire. For some, cultural attire might be the same as religious attire.

other days should be standard uniform, imo.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tintingz(m): 5:14pm On May 15, 2013
tpia.:

lol, about the in Jesus name... I meant after muslim prayer, christians will also pray their own ending the assembly with in Jesus name not during the muslims prayer.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 15, 2013
Jimmy Boy: To me, wearing Hijab does not affect anyone, the pupils should be given freedom on whether to wear Hijab or not.I am a Christian.

are you even nigerian?

nigerian christians do not go about shouting they are christians, you might want to brush up your disguise.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 15, 2013
tintingz: lol, about the in Jesus name... I meant after muslim prayer, christians will also pray their own ending the assembly with in Jesus name not during the muslims prayer.

if muslims are praying their own prayer, followed by christians praying their prayer at a different time, then what is the actual issue here?

besides, all these things arent the reason why you're in school, you're majoring in minors.

the point is, both religions are allowed expression, do you want to wait for the ifa worshippers to insist on adding incantations before you stop stirring up trouble.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by superstar1(m): 5:19pm On May 15, 2013
This a decision that should be applauded irrespective of our religious affiliation.

We all have the certain rights irrespective of our gender age or religious belief. The right cease to exist at the point when you are entering a government owned property that is governed by a policy. You were not forced to enter into such premises. In this case the premises is the school. Therefore the right to your mode of dressing according to your religious affiliations cease to exist at the very gate of the school. If you must attend school you have to comply with the rule governing such premises and your right to whatever you belief in resumes a step away from such premises.

What will our public schools look like with C&S children wearing their sutana cap, catholic stars wearing their scarfs, Moslems wearing hijab, if a worshippers wearing palm fronds to school. I do not think a right thinking person should argue against this commendable resolution of the LASG. If you want hijab on your children take them to Moslem private schools. That is a worthwhile option. Or like some people suggested, send them to school in zamfara, borno, Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan, Iran or Afghanistan.

Even Woerld Court in Hague can NEVER give a ruling in favour of wearing of hijabs in the face of obvious entropy and anarchy such will bring on our schools.

Children are busy failing jamb waec and neck and what some people could be so concerned about is hijab wearing. How does that add value to what these children are learning.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 5:20pm On May 15, 2013
tpia.:

are you even nigerian?

nigerian christians do not go about shouting they are christians, you might want to brush up your disguise.
Are hurt by her opinion? Sorry dear.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by lertee(f): 5:24pm On May 15, 2013
why shuould that be stopped....every religion has a right to its mode of dressing
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 15, 2013
maasoap: Are hurt by her opinion? Sorry dear.

the jimmy boy user id is female?

hmm, i suppose the overemphasis on gender should have been a red flag.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by REVOLUTNIS: 5:24pm On May 15, 2013
Yorubas are not true Muslims
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 5:38pm On May 15, 2013
superstar1: This a decision that should be applauded irrespective of our religious affiliation.

We all have the certain rights irrespective of our gender age or religious belief. The right cease to exist at the point when you are entering a government owned property that is governed by a policy. You were not forced to enter into such premises. In this case the premises is the school. Therefore the right to your mode of dressing according to your religious affiliations cease to exist at the very gate of the school. If you must attend school you have to comply with the rule governing such premises and your right to whatever you belief in resumes a step away from such premises.

What will our public schools look like with C&S children wearing their sutana cap, catholic stars wearing their scarfs, Moslems wearing hijab, if a worshippers wearing palm fronds to school. I do not think a right thinking person should argue against this commendable resolution of the LASG. If you want hijab on your children take them to Moslem private schools. That is a worthwhile option. Or like some people suggested, send them to school in zamfara, borno, Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan, Iran or Afghanistan.

Even Woerld Court in Hague can NEVER give a ruling in favour of wearing of hijabs in the face of obvious entropy and anarchy such will bring on our schools.

Children are busy failing jamb waec and neck and what some people could be so concerned about is hijab wearing. How does that add value to what these children are learning.
You got your last paragraph twisted. It was the govt and the christians that you were supposed to direct your question to. Public school students are failing external exams but the govt and christians busy persecuting girls with hijabs. I hope I've helped you.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by hotbabe001(f): 5:40pm On May 15, 2013
Nobody forced u 2 take ur chlid 2 a public sch if u can't obey d law use plan B (private sch)wat can't u guys understand abi is ur head made of block?. And stop shouting dat u want 2 fight 4 one mumu right. Nigerians & religion even wit d religion we no dey move forward.even hijab should b banned in NYSC no additional material should b added 2 avoid religion fights

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 5:43pm On May 15, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: Yorubas are not true Muslims
Because we dont kill people, because we dont go about destroying properties. Na thunder go fire you.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by mekaboy(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2013
Was this decision an CAN decision or APC decision?lol.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2013
hotbabe001: Nobody forced u 2 take ur chlid 2 a public sch if u can't obey d law use plan B (private sch)wat can't u guys understand abi is ur head made of block?. And stop shouting dat u want 2 fight 4 one mumu right. Nigerians & religion even wit d religion we no dey move forward.even hijab should b banned in NYSC no additional material should b added 2 avoid religion fights
Dont stress yourself. Every act of arbitrary shall be redressed by competent judge. Thank God we have judiciary.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by farem: 5:50pm On May 15, 2013
cogitoErgo:
Henhen, which state is rectangular grin but I got ur idea
o! (its secular)
[color=#990000]
I DEY LAUGH IN TRIANGULAR!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Fussbot: 6:01pm On May 15, 2013
I don't know bout lagos state sha..bt here in oyo state we have d secular govnmt schools and we have d "muslim grammar schools"also owned by d govt..maybe it was founded cus of issues like dis..

Naw in d former,u are not allowed 2 do anything religiously,(no hijab,sutana etc jst school uniform)bt d lata u can do anyfin islamic(hijab,evwitin are allowed)and dey are both functinoing well..

I've neva even wondered y dey didn't create "christian grammar school" also maybe I should naw...

Maybe dat wld also be d best 4 lagos if dey had notin of such...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Court Orders INEC, To Accept Zamfara APC Candidates Lists(Full Judgement) / Governor Ambode Arrives Polling Unit To Cast His Vote / The Untold Story Of Tinubu's Certificate Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.