Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Can You Date Your Friend ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Your Friend ? (1120 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Can You Ever Date Your Ex Again? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 15, 2013
Really, can you date your friend. I had a friend who once swore she could never date her friends. I was at the bank during the val season and got chatting with one of the cashiers(she's married). She told me that marriage is sweeter when marrying your friend.
Research have not been helpful over this matter. One dating research would say, once you become a friend, you are pushed into the friend zone. A marriage research would tell you that to be happy in marriage, make sure you marry your friend.
What is your opinion? Is dating your friend possible? Any disadvantage?
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by clemz85(m): 6:51pm On May 15, 2013
yes, i alwasy say it and i personally prefere best friend to lover.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 15, 2013
I'm dating my friend.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 15, 2013
sexkillz: I'm dating my friend.
like i mean, she was your friend before she became your date?
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 15, 2013
clemz85: yes, i alwasy say it and i personally prefer best friend to lover.
i dont get you sir.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 15, 2013
idnoble135:
like i mean, she was your friend before she became your date?
That's what I mean.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by ibrash600: 7:15pm On May 15, 2013
yes, am dating my friend, my female best friend..
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 15, 2013
Currently datin my fwend...we were friends fr 2yrs bfr we strtd datin, i ws busy goin afta sm gurls dt kept wastin my time n resources..
It ws nt easy askin hr out, we r abt gettn married nxt yr january...
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 15, 2013
I am not only dating my childhood friend but i am munkying my childhood friend. She is made of God in and Out. grin
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:25pm On May 15, 2013
One funny thread and plenty MUMUic answers.
Jes askin, shld i date ma enemy?

The person refered to as 'a frnd' has been someone u wanted to date. But due to, culture, bilifs, human views and discretion etc, u decided to limit the flow of ur emotions, or like many others, wallow in pride and suffer in silence!

The same emotion that flows wen in love is d same wen u term someone as a frnd because in most cases, i dnt see wot u can't do for a frnd except 'trying' to be intimate with him/her.

So, u remove the hindrance-friend, and u jes got urself a lover! And the reason why it mostly happens that a frnd turn lover relationship is mostly explosive and fun is because d emotions has been existing, u were d one who used the lid!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 15, 2013
SLIDE waxie: One funny thread and plenty MUMUic answers.

The person refered to as 'a frnd' has been someone u wanted to date. But due to, culture, bilifs, human views and discretion etc, u decided to limit the flow of ur emotions, or like many others, wallow in pride and suffer in silence!

The same emotion that flows wen in love is d same wen u term someone as a frnd because in most cases, i dnt see wot u can't do for a frnd except 'trying' to be intimate with him/her.

So, u remove the hindrance-friend, and u jes got urself a lover! And the reason why it mostly happens that a frnd turn lover relationship is mostly explosive and fun is because d emotions has been existing, u were d one who used the lid!
so on point. Ladies have told me that its not possible. Infact, guys on NL has said thesame.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 15, 2013
Good to know my audience understand me. But just one more q. How did you all move from the friend zone to the lover zone?
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:11pm On May 15, 2013
idnoble135: Good to know my audience understand me. But just one more q. How did you all move from the friend zone to the lover zone?
u gotta see past the horizon, both of you. If u don't see nothin wrong in it, but she does, u are still not going anywhere!
For me, i biliv it takes great intelligence to overcome some psychological obstacles. Things like,
Kneeling to propose, french kiss wen kissin d bride, dnt kiss in the public, eating on the same plate, waiting up to eat together, etc.
U see, these things and more were jes read meaning to, not that doing it makes u a killer!

For God's sake, which law hangs u for dating a frn?

I remember wen girls used to say, 'i dnt give strangers ma number'!! It makes me laugh at them. But then i ask,
Whoever wasn't a stranger to u the first time u met?
Ur best frnd? Siblings? Parents or who?
Every one was damn a stranger, we only chose to trust them!
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Lovexme(m): 7:10am On May 16, 2013
Aren't we better off marrying someone we're best friends with? He/she is supposedly someone who understands you totally, shares your dreams and aspirations, and will always be there.

I don't really fancy approaching a girl on the street, saying one or two lines, collect her digits, and then jug off.

Different strokes for different folks though.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 7:17am On May 16, 2013
dmalam: Currently datin my fwend...we were friends fr 2yrs bfr we strtd datin, i ws busy goin afta sm gurls dt kept wastin my time n resources..
It ws nt easy askin hr out, we r abt gettn married nxt yr january...
SLIDE waxie: One funny thread and plenty MUMUic answers.

Yomii: I am not only dating my childhood friend but i am munkying my childhood friend. She is made of God in and Out. grin
clemz85: yes, i alwasy say it and i personally prefere best friend to lover.
sexkillz: That's what I mean.
Lovexme: Aren't we better off marrying someone we're best friends with? He/she is supposedly someone who understands you totally, shares your dreams and aspirations, and will always be there.

I don't really fancy approaching a girl on the street, saying one or two lines, collect her digits, and then jug off.

sexkillz: That's what I mean.
Lovexme: Aren't we better off marrying someone we're best friends with? He/she is supposedly someone who understands you totally, shares your dreams and aspirations, and will always be there.

does this mean that love at first sight is a myth?
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Exponental(m): 8:11am On May 16, 2013
idnoble135:
What is your opinion? Is dating your friend possible? Any disadvantage?
u just gave an example n still asking if it's possible......
BTW, d best way to enjoy ur marriage is marrying ur friend.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nora4real: 8:25am On May 16, 2013
Prefers my friend any tym any day. If my bf wz my frnd i did nt think we will hv a problm atall. I beliv ur frnd understands u more than any body dat u met on d street or road wch ever way.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:44am On May 16, 2013
idnoble135:

does this mean that love at first sight is a myth?
Yes
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 9:47am On May 16, 2013
Exponental:
u just gave an example n still asking if it's possible......
BTW, d best way to enjoy ur marriage is marrying ur friend.
i gave two instances from divergent views and ask for opinions.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 9:52am On May 16, 2013
Nora4real: Prefers my friend any tym any day. If my bf wz my frnd i did nt think we will hv a problm atall. I beliv ur frnd understands u more than any body dat u met on d street or road wch ever way.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by buklan4realyah(f): 10:20am On May 16, 2013
yes nau. its only ur frnd (best frnd) u can date.

my partner was my frnd den and presently now he is my best frnd
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Abbey2sam(m): 1:51pm On May 16, 2013
You guy should get one thing straight here......
Friend and friend zone are two different tinz
Can a gurl friend zone her gurl friend? I guess no

When a gurl friend zone you it means you came to her with the intention of dating her but later find your self @the friend zone

When a gurl is your friend, it means she's your friend.
She shares her secrets with you and you share yours with her and so on without noticing the gender differences........

So to me its safer to marry your best friend
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 16, 2013
Do you just date any gurl you see on the road without been friends before? even if it is for 1 or 2weeks before you chyke her...
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by alaricsaltzman: 4:20pm On May 16, 2013
Itz d best fing 2 do cos u'll understand her better than meetin sum1 newly...and understand keeps a rship more than love!!! Sooo yes! I can
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 16, 2013
Can't date my friend.It wud ruin our relationship.Tried it with a very good friend of mine back in d Uni,till today he keeps asking what he did wrong cos I started dodging.I missed him more as a friend than a lover....wish o didn't kiss him that night... embarassedafter half bottle of Hennessey embarassedthat triggered the whole bullcrap
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 16, 2013
lynpetra: Can't date my friend.It wud ruin our relationship.Tried it with a very good friend of mine back in d Uni,till today he keeps asking what he did wrong cos I started dodging.I missed him more as a friend than a lover....wish o didn't kiss him that night... embarassedafter half bottle of Hennessey embarassedthat triggered the whole bullcrap
on point. that's what i was watching out for.(different strokes for different folks) but i dont think many people would try it.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend ? by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 16, 2013
lynpetra: Can't date my friend.It wud ruin our relationship.Tried it with a very good friend of mine back in d Uni,till today he keeps asking what he did wrong cos I started dodging.I missed him more as a friend than a lover....wish o didn't kiss him that night... embarassedafter half bottle of Hennessey embarassedthat triggered the whole bullcrap
on point. that's what i was watching out for.(different strokes for different folks) but i dont think many people would try it).

(1) (Reply)

My Relationship Is Getting Boring And I'm Afraid It May End. What Should I Do??? / Women Make Me Uncomfortable / Breakup Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.