Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? (26023 Views)

If You Meet God And He Allowed You To Ask Him One Question, What Would It Be? / The First Question You Will Ask God In Heaven? / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by banmee(m): 3:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
tete7000:

Unfortunately nowhere in the scripture mentioned God was sure man will fall. He wouldnt create a being destined at creation for perdition.

Are you serious? I am pretty sure my command and understanding of the English language is exemplary. Please explain what "ALL KNOWING" means.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by kalufelix(m): 3:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
banttieman:
WHY DO GOOD PEOPLE DIE EARLIER THAN BAD ONES?
Not when karma hasn't visited them. So you see the bad pple stay alive a lil longer so they can pay their bills and maybe get a chance to change

This imaginary press conference with god go last forever i swear see questions...lol
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by tankoy: 3:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
Lord, what is your will for my life? I am ready to go thy way.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 3:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
Pidggin:
Why am I a Nigerian?
Because you don't know your true identity
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by tankoy: 3:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
wordcat:
why he has hot temper and why he love killing people in large number?

I guess you'd rather directed the question to 'allah'
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 3:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
ideatoprince18:
I wOULD ASK HIM TO ......... INFACT I DNT KNW WÀT TO ASK HIM....... I WOULF JUST START CRYING AND THANKING HIM FOR LIFE HE GAVE ME!!!!!!!!!
What life are you talking about and what is life?
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Fayvhur(f): 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
Why am i here?? Am very goaless
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
ritababe:
why did He leave the forbidden apple in the garden of eden,.
where did you read about apple in the bible, you xtians sha
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
banttieman:
WHY DO GOOD PEOPLE DIE EARLIER THAN BAD ONES?
To give them rest from evil people
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
kristisking:
Why should some people live a comfortable life while others not.
All fingers are not equal.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by tankoy: 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
skyhighweb:
where is Mohamed now? lipsrsealed

a sincere moslem can answer this. Need not trouble God.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 4:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
Cynthyworld:
why is He so interested in me
And who are you by the way? who told you He cares so much about females.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by tete7000(m): 4:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
banmee:

Are you serious? I am pretty sure my command and understanding of the English language is exemplary. Please explain what "ALL KNOWING" means.

The scriptures says God knows the end from the beginning. That statement pertains to good acts and bad acts. Because God can discern bad choices from good choices and he knows the consequences of each acts; it is why it is said he knows the end from the beginning. It does not necessarily pertain to our choices and freewill. Those are within our prerogative, however once we make the choices God can know where our choices will lead us.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 4:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
if you dont question you wouldnt know, the secret things of Elohim is revealed by that which searches
misspicy:

LMAO cheesy

you don't need to disturb God with all this questions,he already made it clear in His Word

1 Timothy 4:4 "For everything created by God is good"

tongue

Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 4:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
there are some light that not visible to the human eye
herald9:
HOW WAS IT POSSIBLE TO CREATE DAY AND NIGHT BEFORE CREATING THE SUN grin
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Pidggin(f): 4:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
Malakh:
Because you don't know your true identity

Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 4:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
I'm for real, you dont...
Pidggin:

Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 4:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
Can't a Potter make some vessels good and some bad?
sunnyuche1:

Why he even created the forbidden fruit?
For what purpose ?
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by banmee(m): 4:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
tete7000:

The scriptures says God knows the end from the beginning. That statement pertains to good acts and bad acts. Because God can discern bad choices from good choices and he knows the consequences of each acts; it is why it is said he knows the end from the beginning. It does not necessarily pertain to our choices and freewill. Those are within our prerogative, however once we make the choices God can know where our choices will lead us.

1 John 3:19-20

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Genesis 12:7
“Then the LORD appeared to Abram and said, ‘To your descendants I will give this land.’ And there he built an altar to the LORD, who had appeared to him.” And you say he doesn't know what will happen. Ok.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Pidggin(f): 4:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
Malakh:
I'm for real, you dont...
Tell me, I am listening
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by matrix600(m): 4:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
atoleybaba:
it is in d book of genesis.. He created men to worship him, to be fruitful and subdue d earth and be supreme over every other things he created but cos of our first parent disobiediance we are suffering and he created d earth for humans d heaven is for him and his angels.....he did not create d earth for nothing d purpose for human and earth still remain....go to jw.org
when did the Bible become God that everything will have to be drawn from it. We are talking about the real God here not the Bible god.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 4:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
I wouldn't call it a balance because when evil is gotten rid of,will there be unbalance? the reason is only revealed to His people
herald9:

So man created Lord Lucifer abi grin

The problem with you guys is that of denial. Since God created all things why can't you just accept he created evil?

At least without evil, no one would know what's good. So you can simply say he created evil to maintain a balance on the earth.

I just dey help you sha undecided
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 4:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nigeria is Niger-area meaning dark area,e.g Liberia which is liberated area etc...Caucasians gave these countries those names when they conquered it,like Africa is from Africanus,an Italian General.... question does the name define your ancestry or genealogy or identity?
Pidggin:

Tell me, I am listening
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Pidggin(f): 4:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
Malakh:
Nigeria is Niger-area meaning dark area,e.g Liberia which is liberated area etc...Caucasians gave these countries those names when they conquered it,like Africa is from Africanus,an Italian General.... question does the name define your ancestry or genealogy or identity?

Are you sure that's the meaning? Give me a few minutes to check..
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 4:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
I'm an Historian, ask Google tho
Pidggin:

Are you sure that's the meaning? Give me a few minutes to check..
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by herald9: 4:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
Malakh:
I wouldn't call it a balance because when evil is gotten rid of,will there be unbalance? the reason is only revealed to His people
Of course there'd be. Good and evil are two opposing forces that keeps the world at equilibrium.

There can only be a tilt either towards good or evil, but there can't be total annihilation of one.

Evey other thoughts are purely wishful and fictitious.

1 Like

Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by herald9: 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
Malakh:
there are some light that not visible to the human eye
Then what makes it a light?

1 Like

Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 4:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
Gibberish evil wasn't created for Equilibrum,evil was created to....I'm not giving you the answer because not many nobles are called and because the children of this world are wise in their own eyes...
herald9:

Of course there'd be. Good and evil are two opposing forces that keeps the world at equilibrium.

There can only be a tilt either towards good or evil, but there can't be total annihilation of one.

Evey other thoughts are purely wishful and fictitious.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by tete7000(m): 4:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
banmee:

1 John 3:19-20

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Genesis 12:7
“Then the LORD appeared to Abram and said, ‘To your descendants I will give this land.’ And there he built an altar to the LORD, who had appeared to him.” And you say he doesn't know what will happen. Ok.

To the scripture you have quoted, non negates what I have earlier said. The problem with quoting scripture is you don't quote in isolation, you quote the entire relevant scripture.
The John you quoted was simply saying God knows the content of our thoughts. Infact there is another part of the scripture that says God looks down and look into our hearts. We don't need to talk before he discerns us. Our thoughts are open to him. That's is why we ll be judge upon both what we talk, think and do. In that wise God knows everything. But does he emanates the thoughts? CAPITAL NO. That's is entire within our prerogative, however what we think is open to God and will infact convicts or condemns us.
The Genesis pertains to a promise. Nothing special about that. You ordinary human make promises against the future you have no control over and fulfil them, how much more an all powerful God. He promised Abraham to bless his descendants with the gift of land. Afterall he created the universe, the heaven, the earth and the seas. However the process Abraham descendants will go through to claim the land, God would gradually reveal to them and they have a role to play in that process.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by Malakh: 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
herald9:

Then what makes it a light?
There are two types of Light you can pick that up in Genesis, Scientist so-called knows about this light but I want you to do your research, it's really easy tho
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by herald9: 4:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
Malakh:
Gibberish evil wasn't created for Equilibrum,evil was created to....I'm not giving you the answer because not many nobles are called and because the children of this world are wise in their own eyes...
LOL. OK, keep it to yourself..
Cause it won't make sense.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? by banmee(m): 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
tete7000:

To the scripture you have quoted, non negates what I have earlier said. The problem with quoting scripture is you don't quote in isolation, you quote the entire relevant scripture.
The John you quoted was simply saying God knows the content of our thoughts. Infact there is another part of the scripture that says God looks down and look into our hearts. We don't need to talk before he discerns us. Our thoughts are open to him. That's is why we ll be judge upon both what we talk, think and do. In that wise God knows everything. But does he emanates the thoughts? CAPITAL NO. That's is entire within our prerogative, however what we think is open to God and will infact convicts or condemns us.
The Genesis pertains to a promise. Nothing special about that. You ordinary human make promises against the future you have no control over and fulfil them, how much more an all powerful God. He promised Abraham to bless his descendants with the gift of land. Afterall he created the universe, the heaven, the earth and the seas. However the process Abraham descendants will go through to claim the land, God would gradually reveal to them and they have a role to play in that process.

So in summary, you are saying he picks and chooses what he knows and what he doesn't. Ok. Because I don't understand how he can know that sarah would have a kid at an age where she shouldn't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Jerry Eze Pays Food Vendor To Feed 1,000 Orphaned Children / "TB Joshua Heals HIV Positive Man" - TB Joshua Ministries Says / He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.