Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur (28581 Views)

Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / Buhari And Osinbajo Declare Their Assets / I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by truly: 6:56pm On May 16, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: . Will you stop with your propaganda? Get a life
I am on Nairaland and I am a Nigeria
You can go to Yaoundeland.com
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:56pm On May 16, 2013
truly:

Football matched are fixed, some referees give strange calls, some player cheat
But people still play football and try to improve
and don't say we will just award points to teams and walk them over

Cameroonians are living in a police state and are told that it is better to have idol they routinely "vote" for rather than have violence-filled elections

Tunisia and Egypt beckon to Cameroon
Were there post election violence in those places?
Wake up
Biya has the same genetic composition like you. You are not inferior to him!
sorry don't say this over there though

Tell me how your looters rotation improved your life and we would have a deal
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by vanstanzy(m): 6:57pm On May 16, 2013
mamikky: National Chairman of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Bamanga Tukur on Wednesday revealed that the terrorists behind the unending crises in the Northern parts of the country had concluded plans to secede and declare their own State before the Federal Government struck on Tuesday and declared emergency rule in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states.

Alhaji Tukur who made the revelation in Abuja while receiving in audience a group of journalists from Kaduna State who paid him a courtesy call said that President Goodluck Jonathan settled for emergency rule in the affected states for the sake of unity, peace and stability of Nigeria as a nation.

According to him“Mr President took the last option of declaring a State of Emergency because the terrorists were becoming more daring. They were even planning to declare a state of their own and these happened because many of us believed that the menace of terrorism has been a problem for the north alone.”

Alhaji Tukur, while expressing absolute confidence in the ability of the nation’s armed forces and other security agencies to make the State of Emergency work in the affected states, pleaded with politicians and other stakeholders to rally round the government with every means in their capacity to make the fight against terrorism succeed.

Speaking on why the emergency rule was extended to his state, Adamawa, Alhaji Tukur said that the consideration of the government was that since Borno and Adamawa were geographically contiguous, it made a lot of sense to engage terrorists within the zones broadly in an attempt to break their network and areas of stronghold.

According to him, “though Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states will be feeling the heats of the State of Emergency at the moment, all states of the federation must begin to guard their borders, as a proactive measure for limiting the scope and space for operations of terrorists.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/11988-troops-flood-borno-yobe-adamawa-begin-operation-secure-borders-terrorists-plotted-secession-before-fg-struck-tukur
http://www.naijapundit.com/news/boko-haram-was-planning-to-declare-their-own-country-tukur

Hmmm! how revealing. Am i going to be penalized for quoting the entire topic.
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by truly: 6:58pm On May 16, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Nigeria and Cameroon are friends peaceful neighbors and economic partners cool cool smiley

That is what malaria parasite tells a man
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by truly: 6:59pm On May 16, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Tell me how your looters rotation improved your life and we would have a deal

I dare you to call Biya and his gang looters and ask that question and see if you will not disappear!
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by toshmann(m): 6:59pm On May 16, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: SO is Nigeria, you brought rigging to another level, with underage people voting and you dare open your mouth about democracy? Dude enough, you ain't ruled by Biya so it shouldn't bother you, democracy or not ..
our democracy is a mess . . . agreed . . but we've started making some slow expensive progress in terms of democracy.
1. people can abuse our president openly. even teenagers, on facebook with their picture, name and address and no fear of arrest.
2. we've seen opposition parties win at local and state elections
3. we've seen a president very reluctant to use military power on the citizens,as we can see it took him 2yrs and hundreds of violent killings to unleash a state of emergency to certain states
4. our corrupt national assembly stopped our former president from extending his tenure at the expense of the constitution. no senator or congressman was arrested for voting no
5. we've seen courts annul elections where the ruling party "won", no judge was arrested
6. we've had a sick president away on treatment for months, no military take-over within that period.
8. we've seen the rise of opposition parties, no harassment by federal authorites.

these are subtle signs that something is happening. one day the rigging will be controlled. in my opinion, we still have this heavy rigging bc of the greed of the opposition parties. if they were wise, they should unite into one big powerful opposition party that will fight the ruling party ward for ward, state for state, polling unit for polling unit. rigging will become more difficult if the opposition party was strong and united. but with weak multiple parties, the PDP just brushes their way past the oppositions by hook or crook.

why didnt they rig in lagos? BC ACN, which is strong in lagos, won't let them. imagine if the opposition parties are equally strong all over the country, rigging will be hard.

but it's gonna happen someday.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by solomon111(m): 6:59pm On May 16, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: who said I'm surprised? It shows you that Biafra Igbo have nothing to say in Bakassi, get your Biafra and let my Bakassi people b, beside you sound like someone who thinks there were no indigenous Cameroonian there I laugh
you are an unintelligent buffonn,if this is your reply to my post.
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:02pm On May 16, 2013
truly:
I am on Nairaland and I am a Nigeria
You can go to Yaoundeland.com

Residents of Bakassi - an oil-rich territory legally ceded by Nigeria to Cameroon in 2002 -have until August to decide to become Cameroonian or leave the territory. Most residents consider themselves Nigerian.

Accessto the Bakassi Peninsula, located on the Atlantic coast on the Cameroon-Nigeria border, is mostly by speed boats that navigate between the rich mangroves.

The area has been heavily guarded by Cameroonian soldiers since their country took control of the territory from Nigeria on August 14, 2008.

The International Courtof Justice had awarded Bakassi to Cameroon in a 2002 ruling. Nigeria eventually decided not to fight the ruling and ceded control, over the protests of many Bakassi residents. Sporadic attacks from rebels made Cameroon's government deploy forces to maintain law and order. In one attack in February 2011, two Cameroonian soldiers were killed and 11 others were declared missing. A group called the Bakassi Freedom fighters claimed responsibility, vowing that Bakassi will find no peace under Cameroon's rule.

Nigerians constitute 90 percent of the 300,000 people on the peninsula and will have to obtain residence permits and be treated as foreign nationals living in Cameroon if they decide to stay after the August 14 deadline given to them by theICJ.

Many of the Nigerians are still undecided on if they will leave or not. Forty-year-old Glory Benson, a Nigerian teacher, says they have a lot of worries.

"Let us just go to the aspect of women that are pregnant. For the women to deliver here isnot aneasy task. So we want the governmentvto provide a midwife in the hospital here that can be helping us.To be sincere the life here has been very good in terms of security and every thing," Benson said.

Most Nigerians who live in the territory are fishermen. They have created an association to take care of their needs. Their president James Nande, who isabout 50 years old, says the main problem that may force them to leave is that Cameroon's government has taken little care to protect their huts, threatened by waters from the Atlantic.

James Nande says the only problem they have is that water from the ocean is destroying their houses and adds that he is worried because that is where he struggles to raise money and send his children to school.

Ever since the ICJ ruling, the payment of taxes was suspended, but beginning August14, residents of Bakassi will have to start paying their share. JamesNande says although some of his fishermen colleagues have been protesting, he wants them to respect that civic responsibility.

He says when thetime comes, they will have to pay, adding thateven in Nigeria when somebody gets to the standard of paying taxes, he has to pay, but in their village, Djabani in the Bakassi Peninsula, people have not been paying.

Nigerian-born Tom Efiom repairs engine boats in Bakassi. He wants to return to Nigeria but only if he is assured that he can get another job.

Efiom says he will not go to Nigeria because he has no handwork to do there. He says for the time being, it is only in Cameroon that he has the job of an engineboat repairer, and that even though he is living in Cameroon, people use Nigerian currency, the Naira, because CFA Francs used in Cameroon are difficult to come by.

The legacy left by Nigeria is still very present. Nigerians trained many health staff and teachers who are now working for Cameroon. Even thoughCameroon has sent its own teachers to the area, pupils and their parents still prefer the Nigerian system of education they have been acquainted with.

Muffu Chong Pierre, the 35-year-old teacher at a Djabani primary school created by Cameroon, said she and her colleagues are trying to convince parents to keep their children in school.

"The parents are very mobile, they are not stable. They travel with their children to sell. When we struggle to bring up the children, as soon as they know how to read and write, the parents take them to Nigeria at times. When we find it very difficult to get the children at school, I personally and my staff we move from door to door. We do what they call educational evangelism,so as to encourage the children to come to school," Pierre said.

Cameroon has been struggling to make the people, especially the children learn national symbols like the national anthem.

Cameroon still has to guarantee the fundamental rights of Nigerians, before gaining full control of Bakassi, according to the ICJ verdictand the Green tree agreement that Cameroon signed with Nigeria underthe supervision of the United Nations.

Tanda, a Cameroonian expert on Bakassi, thinks that the peace process is right on course.

"The peace process is progressing, the population is getting to know the Cameroon administration better and better. There is consciousness now that acts of vandalism, piracy or questioning Cameroon's sovereignty does not pay. And we are hopeful that by the month of August, things will be much better," Tanda said.

In line with the ICJ , as of this August 14, Cameroon will govern Bakassi like any other part of its territory

http://m.voanews.com/a/1634181.html
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by truly: 7:04pm On May 16, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: . Enemy? Are u all right? , and stop peddling lies about our professional soldiers angry angry angry

just like the professional cocaine smugglers in Colombia who want to use submarine
You can have professional criminals which your soldiers are
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:05pm On May 16, 2013
solomon111: you are an unintelligent buffonn,if this is your reply to my post.
lol you are funny.

Anyway we have +4millions Nigerian in Cameroon and most of them are Igbo, so I have no problems with Nigerian and Igbos, Cameroonian are peaceful and lovely.
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by favinvest: 7:05pm On May 16, 2013
Tukur assuming u said dis earlier I would have increase my prayers 4 boko success.

4 dis reason I pray dat d Nigeria army should fail so dat d boko boys will finally divide dis country and form islamic republic of northern Nigeria or arewa... Leaving us in peace..

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by truly: 7:07pm On May 16, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: SO is Nigeria, you brought rigging to another level, with underage people voting and you dare open your mouth about democracy? Dude enough, you ain't ruled by Biya so it shouldn't bother you, democracy or not ..

Election is not just a matter of everybody being coerced/manipulted into saying yes to only one candidate

You started interfering in our affairs and I mention your King and you now say enough!
Are you serious? This is Nigeria. We are used to being able to say what we feel
Strange though it might sound to you!
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:07pm On May 16, 2013
Nice post toshman ...

@truly I don't get your last two posts
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by Akanbiedu(m): 7:10pm On May 16, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Wow, CAM, you do understand Nigeria more than I thought.

Why do you think it is on nairaland 24-7?
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by truly: 7:10pm On May 16, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: .

Residents of Bakassi - an oil-rich territory legally ceded by Nigeria to Cameroon in 2002 -have until August to decide to become Cameroonian or leave the territory. Most residents consider themselves Nigerian.

Accessto the Bakassi Peninsula, located on the Atlantic coast on the Cameroon-Nigeria border, is mostly by speed boats that navigate between the rich mangroves.

The area has been heavily guarded by Cameroonian soldiers since their country took control of the territory from Nigeria on August 14, 2008.

The International Courtof Justice had awarded Bakassi to Cameroon in a 2002 ruling. Nigeria eventually decided not to fight the ruling and ceded control, over the protests of many Bakassi residents. Sporadic attacks from rebels made Cameroon's government deploy forces to maintain law and order. In one attack in February 2011, two Cameroonian soldiers were killed and 11 others were declared missing. A group called the Bakassi Freedom fighters claimed responsibility, vowing that Bakassi will find no peace under Cameroon's rule.

We will revise that award!
Mark my word
You can hand it over voluntarily or we will eventually take it by force
It is not a threat. Seriously, it is not. It is just what is going to happen. Anything other that will bring instability
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by PointB: 7:10pm On May 16, 2013
Bad move then declaring state of emergency. Should have just allowed them go! undecided undecided
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:12pm On May 16, 2013
truly:

Election is not just a matter of everybody being coerced/manipulted into saying yes to only one candidate

You started interfering in our affairs and I mention your King and you now say enough!
Are you serious? This is Nigeria. We are used to being able to say what we feel
Strange though it might sound to you!

Dude whatever you want, like i said earlier, you have never been to Cameroon, you hate Cameroonian so Idont think you mingle with them, so how can you judge a politician when you know nothing about him, nothing about his rivals.etc...comparing Cameroon with North Korea is a joke ....Cameroonian will vote someone else the day a better person will come .till mind your business
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by truly: 7:12pm On May 16, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Nice post toshman ...

@truly I don't get your last two posts

Your soldiers are only "professional" in dealing with unarmed civilians
You cannot tell me enough when we are discussing Biya. we are not used to that in Nigeria
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:12pm On May 16, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

Why do you think it is on nairaland 24-7?
so are u wink
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by truly: 7:15pm On May 16, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Dude whatever you want, like i said earlier, you have never been to Cameroon, you hate Cameroonian so Idont think you mingle with them, so how can you judge a politician when you know nothing about him, nothing about his rivals.etc...comparing Cameroon with North Korea is a joke ....Cameroonian will vote someone else the day a better person will come .till mind your business

Sincerely, I don't hate
I just want people who take Nigerian land to hand it back and those who attack Nigerians to be punished
It does not matter who. I used to view with pride the achievements of Cameroon in the World Cup
I remember when Cameroon defeated defending champ Argentina
But when a country attack Nigeria, the music changes
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by Afam4evaIsASlut: 7:16pm On May 16, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Wow, CAM, you do understand Nigeria more than I thought.

He doesnt understand Nigeria as he pretends to.
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by kardoso(m): 7:16pm On May 16, 2013
Shymmex or whatever your name is, I pray you live long to see to it that Nigeria will never break up. But rather grow stronger in unity. You see, if I were like your type I'll say Almighty Jah 'll never bless folks like you. I'll rather curse you. But I'm not your type. So continue to enjoy Jah's blessings and watch OUR BELOVED NIGERIA grow stronger, healthier and progressive in unity.
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:17pm On May 16, 2013
truly:

Your soldiers are only "professional" in dealing with unarmed civilians
You cannot tell me enough when we are discussing Biya. we are not used to that in Nigeria
we aren't discussing, you have already made your mind .don't judge what you don't understand....
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by Akanbiedu(m): 7:18pm On May 16, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

He doesnt understand Nigeria as he pretends to.

I think it does to a reasonable extent. That is why it is here. To gather intelligence.
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:20pm On May 16, 2013
truly:

Sincerely, I don't hate
I just want people who take Nigerian land to hand it back and those who attack Nigerians to be punished
It does not matter who. I used to view with pride the achievements of Cameroon in the World Cup
I remember when Cameroon defeated defending champ Argentina
But when a country attack Nigeria, the music changes

Stop being biased, your people are not innocent and cover up Mend, unlike in Nigeria we don't take BS. You threaten our sovereignty we blow your head.there's no republic inside a republic. So as long as your people want to cover mend they will take the burden
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:23pm On May 16, 2013
[size=20pt]BAKASSI UNDER NIGERIA ADMINISTRATION[/size]

Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:27pm On May 16, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by Dewze(m): 7:42pm On May 16, 2013
@truly. My bro have u thot abt it. What if it was the other way around? Are u trying to say tht Nigeria wld not ve tried to claim bakkassi if they saw d opportunity like Cameroon did (knowing d economic viability of the land). Do u think tht Nigeria wld ve treated those dwellers much better if they put up resistance. My bro the Nigeria I know wld nt ve done better.
Evry country I know goes out for it's best interest.
I'm nt speaking for or against anyone here but i just think this ur point of argument against these Cameroonians in defence of ur own country is just not solid enough is just simply sentiment rooted. Look 4 good points to throw at these guys or drop the argument.
For the record, I'm a Nigerian.
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by dbride: 7:45pm On May 16, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Very comfortable in Yankee en?

No be you I dey see with Mexican people, looking for house labor? You think I no fit recognize your thick Ibo accent?

What do you really have against Ibos? You bring them into every comment of yours even when it is not called for? Your comments are boring and unserious. Go clean up and start on a new page or we might just conclude that you are acting out your name.
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 16, 2013
gboss4sure: Hehehehee. The north will never be allowed to secede, we will go to war to make sure they stay in Nigeria just like they did with Biafra.
sounds good but personally, i dont have time for that kind of vengeance, anything that wl lead to the emergence of my beloved country is what i want.
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by truly: 7:54pm On May 16, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Stop being biased, your people are not innocent and cover up Mend, unlike in Nigeria we don't take BS. You threaten our sovereignty we blow your head.there's no republic inside a republic. So as long as your people want to cover mend they will take the burden

You will be reminded of this sometime in the future
Sadam, Mubarak, Caucescu used to blow heads
Standard in repressive police states
They all collapse
You can murder Cameroonians for the sake of Biya republic
But Nigerians? You will regret it
Said it all along, your territory is an enemy state
Re: Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur by truly: 7:59pm On May 16, 2013
Dewze: @truly. My bro have u thot abt it. What if it was the other way around? Are u trying to say tht Nigeria wld not ve tried to claim bakkassi if they saw d opportunity like Cameroon did (knowing d economic viability of the land). Do u think tht Nigeria wld ve treated those dwellers much better if they put up resistance. My bro the Nigeria I know wld nt ve done better.
Evry country I know goes out for it's best interest.
I'm nt speaking for or against anyone here but i just think this ur point of argument against these Cameroonians in defence of ur own country is just not solid enough is just simply sentiment rooted. Look 4 other points to throw at these guys or drop the argument.
I'm a Nigerian.

You can come into Nigeria and begin business immediately without registration
Nigeria is so trusting
We have never made an attempt to grab anybody's land
On the contrary, even Chad had tried to take our land
But Cameroon is the only persistently-hostile neighbour
we should have put them down before now

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Mastermind Of Buhari Coup Rumour / Dino Melaye: "Immigration Snatched My Passport, I Snatched It Back" / Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.