Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise (14267 Views)

My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? / 5 Secrets To Why Buka/restaurant Stew Always Tastes Better / Indomie, Chikki Or O! Noodles: Which One Tastes Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by ACM10: 10:50pm On May 17, 2013
nadia_SA: aish i will get better soon ,,, nd il show u when my food is ok

Pls do. . .all d best
wink
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by SpikesC1: 10:57pm On May 17, 2013
Timsilver:

The electric stove is what gives it the funny taste and also makes it burn quicker cause most of the heat is concentrated at the buttom of the pot. Try using gas and you will see the difference mind you gas burns faster and keep cooking in a short while you would notice how well you have improves.

Can people be more myopic than this cry
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by AbuMikey(m): 10:58pm On May 17, 2013
Oh no
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by SpikesC1: 10:59pm On May 17, 2013
nadia_SA: or jus make it easier and cook for himself

Babe, i sabi you nah...dnt play with my mind wink
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 17, 2013
edited

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 17, 2013
@shugarlipz those eyes kiss grin
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by dayokanu(m): 11:04pm On May 17, 2013
[size=14pt]If you sabi Kongo wella, Your sins might be forgiven[/size]

2 Likes

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 17, 2013
When your instinct say go check that food, then go check the food and don't say well I just checked some minutes ago.
Food also will taste more sharply than when you apply seasoning and salt, so always apply a bit little than you want to and also make sure you do apply not late than 20mins to when food will be fully cooked. Don't stress or fret when cooking and most importantly don't cook angry, cook with love in your heart, like you are a famous conductor of a symphony orchestra and your food will begin to taste real good and with time you will understand the different aroma in the stages of cooking a meal. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 17, 2013
saintvalx:

What has gotten to this? You hide behind ur computers/phones to insult people. What kind of a pastor mother dont have time to cook at home? (no shot @ op plz)
i dont think ave reason to lie o..... But blv what u wanna ...comot of my thread befor i burn u abeg...
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 17, 2013
grin
dayokanu: [size=14pt]If you sabi Kongo wella, Your sins might be forgiven[/size]
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 17, 2013
Spikes C..:

Babe, i sabi you nah...dnt play with my mind wink
lol was only a suggestion
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by chiefkeef: 11:16pm On May 17, 2013
So this op think by posting a thread would solve his problem, Instead for her to google how to cook and watch videos on youtube
People have too much time on thier hands
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 17, 2013
Cheiii this op has some missing screws on her head o...JUST LIKE D POSTER WHo WASTE HIS mb To write rubbish,, u shouldnt of commented really.. U read nd not interested u move on to next thread not a must to post ok
chiefkeef: So this op think by posting a thread would solve his problem, Instead for her to google how to cook and watch videos on youtube
People have too much time on thier hands

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 17, 2013
Cheiiiiii i hate being surrounded by negativity its even rubbing off on me ..God forbid! F u have no advice abeg dont post poo
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by HARDDON: 11:29pm On May 17, 2013
Slimzy baby: Withdraw from that competition dis all i can tell u.
gudnite and swtdrms.

What a D1CKtator!

Blaze dah rOof
Run dah rule ?

God help uя gurls
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Imyourex(m): 11:31pm On May 17, 2013
nadia_SA: Well i grew up in a household which lived 90% take-a-ways and the other 10% my elder sis use to cook..

My mom a full time pastor so she hardly cook just buy buy and had no time to teach me how to cook at an early age. I'm older now(19) and live away from my home, have my own little family..

My problem is every time i cook i BURN my food always (first thought it was cause i'm on bbm/wasapp, but even if i stay in the kitchen it burns somehow sad .

If it doesn't burn it doesn't taste good at all at all. I've tried adding spices and all but it still doesn't taste any better! I really do not what to do now ... I want my food to taste like other women's food not like i was just playing and wasting food...

The burning may be due to the pot you use, don't cook with stainless or enamel wares, always use aluminum pots.
Secondly don't cook more than what the pot can contain
If its jolloff rice, stir it before it goes soft and don't touch it again and watch the water u add, if you want to add any seasoning after it has gone soft, diffuse it with a little water and spread it round the pot and don't stir.

I don't know any other food that is hard for U, u can inbox me anytime you need explanation on any other food u wish to cook.

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by chiefkeef: 11:33pm On May 17, 2013
nadia_SA: Cheiii this op has some missing screws on her head o...JUST LIKE D POSTER WHo WASTE HIS mb To write rubbish,, u shouldnt of commented really.. U read nd not interested u move on to next thread not a must to post ok

Sorry dear i didn't waste my MB. i have suggested some solutions to you cheesy
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by HARDDON: 11:33pm On May 17, 2013
N gurl, simply ask goögle.

A man's nest best friend after his dog .

Since you're Nigerian-Zulu,

If you wish to swing nigerian:

www.allnigerianrecipes.com/
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by HARDDON: 11:36pm On May 17, 2013
N gurl, simply ask goögle.

A man's nest best friend after his dog .

Since you're Nigerian-Zulu,

If you wish to swing nigerian:

www.allnigerianrecipes.com/

Also, if you r hooked to Dstv, there lies Channels dedicated to dishes . However you so wish to swing

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Timedey: 11:43pm On May 17, 2013
Since u where unable 2 make it in ur tender age,it will automatically need ur time b4 u make it.
Dis is ma advic 2 u:
(1)u hv 2 be enroll in a catering school.
(2)u need mak friend wit someone who can cook very well.
(3)u need 2 start wit cooking of beans cos dat 1 is nt 2 hard.
After selecting ur beans,wash into a pot of water, put on fire allow it 2 boil, den sieveter it ,put anoda water in a pot n turn d beans into d pot, allow it 2 boil until wen it soft, den put ur recipes(onion,maggi,crayfish,salt,pepper,fish, meat,oil and stir 2geda,den taste n allow 2 boil 2 ur desire weda dry or watery.

Okasi or afang soup-------
slice n pound ur okasi/afang
slice ur waterleaf
steam ur meat,stockfish,
wash ur fish n add 2 d pot
put ur waterleaf,cray fish,maggi,pepper,plus oda recipe,
cover and allow 2 boil,
afta boiling, stir very well and add little oil,allow 2 boil again,
afta confirming d taste, u den add ur afang n little oil again,dnt cova d pot bt allow 2 boil, stir very well n bring it down 2 serve.

If somebody dnt ask of where d aroma is coming from know dat u didnt follow d steps n didnt pay attention as a learner.
If u need more,come n enrol n u'll neva regret.
Thanks 4 listening n may God give u d wisdom 2 understand..
(07037972633) Since u where unable 2 make it in ur tender age,it will automatically need ur time b4 u make it.
Dis is ma advic 2 u:
After selecting ur beans,wash into a pot of water, put on fire allow it 2 boil, den sieveter it ,put anoda water in a pot n turn d beans into d pot, allow it 2 boil until wen it soft, den put ur recipes(onion,maggi,crayfish,salt,pepper,fish, meat,oil and stir 2geda,den taste n allow 2 boil 2 ur desire weda dry or watery.

slice ur waterleaf
steam ur meat,stockfish,
cover and allow 2 boil,
afta confirming d taste, u den add ur afang n little oil again,dnt cova d pot bt allow 2 boil, stir very well n bring it down 2 serve.

If somebody dnt ask of where d aroma is coming from know dat u didnt follow d steps n didnt pay attention as a learner.
(07037972633)
Since u where unable 2 make it in ur tender age,it will automatically need ur time b4 u make it.
Dis is ma advic 2 u:

slice ur waterleaf
steam ur meat,stockfish,
cover and allow 2 boil,

(07037972633)
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by oyin50(f): 11:51pm On May 17, 2013
Nadia u do not know how to cook because u 'r not interested in knowing how to cook.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by oyin50(f): 11:52pm On May 17, 2013
Slimzy baby: Withdraw from that competition dis all i can tell u.
gudnite and swtdrms.
be forming husband there.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 17, 2013
oyin50: Nadia u do not know how to cook because u 'r not interested in knowing how to cook.
naaiii im interested its about time i no how to

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by ikedaniel15: 11:59pm On May 17, 2013
_
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 12:00am On May 18, 2013
edited
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 12:02am On May 18, 2013
ikedaniel15: Hw on earth did this make front page??
asking myself same question thot no1 would ask but thanks for joining me o
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 12:03am On May 18, 2013
saintvalx:

You dont need to trip, Mods will decide who stays here or not.

Before u burn who?

Looks like I was making a point earlier.
Lil' sister, u want to learn kitchen things? Friends and neighbours will help you not Nairaland.
okay boetie bye bye
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 12:31am On May 18, 2013
nadia_SA: Well i grew up in a household which lived 90% take-a-ways and the other 10% my elder sis use to cook..

My mom a full time pastor so she hardly cook just buy buy and had no time to teach me how to cook at an early age. I'm older now(19) and live away from my home, have my own little family..

My problem is every time i cook i BURN my food always (first thought it was cause i'm on bbm/wasapp, but even if i stay in the kitchen it burns somehow
well, u say ur mom has no time to cook, when I was growing up, I was forbidden by my father from goin any where near the kitchen. It was when I was in the university I learnt how to cook. Moral of the message I just passed is that u should STOP blaming other people for ur shortfalls. Instead try. I believe even the best cook on Earth started from 'nowhere' to 'NOW HERE' amidsts mistakes which resulted in burnt meals, tastless meals or even concoction unfit for human consumption. U burnt meals doesn't mean u can't learn how to cook. There is nothin impossible. If I a male child could learn how to cook when I was in the university amidst mistakes too u can do better just keep trying but this time get close to a friend who knows how to cook well and is willing to put u through
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by tutulicious(f): 12:34am On May 18, 2013
My lady, don't be discouraged. I was once in your shoes I know how it feels, I was constantly chased out of the kitchen because I had an accident in the kitchen that nearly claimed my feet, but my sister and anty made it a point of duty to always remind me mockingly that I can only eat but can't cook, whenever they cook and I eat out of it.
So I cooked with all the anger in my heart and I wanted to proof that I can cook too, and the result; funny tasting food, half cooked food, burnt food. I throw them all away, It got me really scare of ever cooking anything but the goodnews is that the same people who mocked me are loving my food.
Like someone said you have to cook with love in you heart and don't have it in mind that your food must be delicious, relax, cook for yourself alone. Start with small quantities really small, say for instance your cooking jollof rice make sure you prepare all the things you need first before putting on a fire source, and cooking is fun you don't need so much seasoning "maggi" and salt is for starters any more gives a funny taste and be sure to hang around your friends when they cook you will learn without them knowing. Sorry for the long post, I hope this helps.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 12:43am On May 18, 2013
nadia_SA: u want me to burn other peoples kitchens cheiiii but iv really thought of that but no time
@ OP no pun intended but that's a wrong mentality u've got there my dear. Ur a pastor's daughter check Ecclesiastes 3:1 And read " there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the sun" If there is no time as u said, abeg create time form that busy schedule joor. Even the time u used to type this thread do chatting and other social things could b channelled into cooking practice. Remember u are an African woman and one great identify African women have is the art of cooking. U are still single I guess, if its true, pls make use of ur singlehood to learn to correct what ever u are lacking and to put to perfection what u've learnt in this case cooking. Trust me u don't wanna get married without a knowledge of cooking. E no go funny at all. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 12:49am On May 18, 2013
lomomike: well, u say ur mom has no time to cook, when I was growing up, I was forbidden by my father from goin any where near the kitchen. It was when I was in the university I learnt how to cook. Moral of the message I just passed is that u should STOP blaming other people for ur shortfalls. Instead try. I believe even the best cook on Earth started from 'nowhere' to 'NOW HERE' amidsts mistakes which resulted in burnt meals, tastless meals or even concoction unfit for human consumption. U burnt meals doesn't mean u can't learn how to cook. There is nothin impossible. If I a male child could learn how to cook when I was in the university amidst mistakes too u can do better just keep trying but this time get close to a friend who knows how to cook well and is willing to put u through
thnks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ukpo Oka (corn Pudding) Recipe. With Pictures. / Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians / Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.