Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,182 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? (5670 Views)

Could This Be Reasons Why Fewer And Fewer Men Approach Women These Days? (pics) / A Special Message For Unmarried Women / How Guys Treat Single Ladies/women These Days. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by forbidden5(m): 6:27pm On Apr 24, 2008
Almond Joy,
So sorry this one caught up with you. Your defences show that you are in this category.
Please, where are your facts to show that more women are financially stable than most men? I have more hungry girls asking me for money now and then.

If your option is to go siddon de born, please note that I am available for that at no cost to you.

Rat pack you said? Please what shortage crisis do you refer here? I see you are good looking, if you are well behaved, why worry about divorce?

AlmondJoy,

Please I dont mean to be picky here but I thought to pick out a few tips that is common to women-mostly working class.

From my experience, women do not love anymore.
They only want you to be their means to an end. All the good women I know have men already fighting to marry them.

If women learn to love and respect their man, they will attract more men that they expect.

All the same, thanks for your reply.
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by forbidden5(m): 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2008
Nautallius,

That is the verse I show to almost all the unmarried women I see.

Isaiah 4:1&2

Please read and pass on
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by forbidden5(m): 6:33pm On Apr 24, 2008
Sammy,

I am well to do and will marry any women irrespective of her finances. All I need is a good age, looks and most importantly, behaviour.

Please, where I work I have a lot of young guys looking for wifes and they cant find a good one.

Please men want to settle early even under 30
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by joey007(m): 6:35pm On Apr 24, 2008
the ratio of men to women is 30-70, so what do you expect
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by forbidden5(m): 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2008
Wenymanda,

If you live in this world, you will know that there are more unmarried women than the men.

Please do a survey where you live and see how true this is
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by forbidden5(m): 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2008
Naje,
I wonder if you live in this same world as I live.

Did you not know that man was first left with animals before God made the woman? How then can animals be companions? You seem to practice sex with animals.

Lesbianism is something you refer to when you say services are not needed as before. We have more women invoving in the pervert act of lesbisnism.

If you are well read, you will know that there is no way that an animal can speak to a normal person. Then the person must be practicing some form of voodoo.

Please think better
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by forbidden5(m): 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2008
Emeka,

Only a womans age would make me ashamed to walk up to her. If she is as old as my mum then I will cower.

I appraoch some of the women I know are high class. My chief problem is thier beauty and desperacy.

I have some of them as friends but dem no too fine and no get shape. I have dated older women more than I dated younger women - they never gave me money.

The most problem with these women is that they are hand cuffs. If they catch you a play boy, there will be no time to repent
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by forbidden5(m): 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2008
Emeka,

That point is an excellent one. I have personally noted that as well. I say things I have seen repaetedly.

Naje,

The point is that the women feel lucky to have been married as it is not a mere wish come true. It is an honor to a woman if she is married.

Naje? What is your problem? Have you noticed that even the blondies respect marriage more? I am well travelled.

Women who dont marry at 40 would have preferred to have been married.

Scopium,

How many marriages have you attended? If a few, try and attend more. When you attend, try to observe who dances moreor is happier
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by Dreloaded(f): 7:15pm On Apr 24, 2008
maybe because polygamy was more prevalent?

what's with these idiotic questions nowadays?
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2008
it takes alot to keep a woman at home
feed and cloth her.
even the so calle dworking class still amke some very excessive demands.
how much do people earn
most guys sef no send marriage again.
na pay as u go we dey now
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by NaJaHaJe(f): 8:11pm On Apr 24, 2008
forbidden5:

Naje,

eDid you not know that man was first left with animals before God made the woman? How then can animals be companions? You seem to practice sex with animals.

Lesbianism i[/b]s something you refer to when you say services are not needed as before. We have more women invoving in the pervert act of lesbisnism.

If you are well read, you will know that there is no way that an animal can speak to a normal person. Then the person must be practicing some form of voodoo.

Please think better

Its very clear that the worlds we both live in are very very very far apart!!!!!!

My advice: Go back and read my post, let it simmer and then digest it!!!!

Who mentioned lesbianism??

If you are as intelligent as you may have been falsely told then you will realise people keep animals as [b]PETS
. Let that slide into your thick skull!!!!! By the way what is your point on the 'man being on earth with animals before women? Are you trying to insinuate that you like to slam animals because you were instructed to by a higher being?

'You seem to practice sex with animals.' Imagine the audacity! You are such a DIM WIT

forbidden5:

Emeka,

That point is an excellent one. I have personally noted that as well. I say things I have seen repaetedly.

Naje,

The point is that th [b]women feel lucky to have been married as it is not a mere wish come true. It is an honor to a woman if she is married.

Naje? What is your problem? Have you noticed that even the blondies respect marriage more? I am well travelled.

Women who don't marry at 40 would have preferred to have been married.[/b]

Scopium,

How many marriages have you attended? If a few, try and attend more. When you attend, try to observe who dances moreor is happier

U are well traveled. ----- and your point is?? nonsense!!!!!!!

Women feel lucky to be married ----- you are very confident in saying that. I wonder why? Say; is it because your self esteem is so low that telling the magic mirror on the wall that women will be ecstatic to be married to you makes your life a beta place? Confirmed Goat!!!!!

Which Blondes? The ones that have black skin? The ones that are obsessed with hair extensions? Fowl-head! Please do some more traveling and this time make it to places that normal people live this way you can learn to conversate like a normal person!
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by Jackal1(m): 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2008
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past?

The answer is simple: Women's independence.

These days, women are more independent. They are financially stable and they can cater for themselves so they dont wanna be bossed by any man.
Besides, with advanced medical technology like IVF and sorts, it is normal for these women to wanna be alone.
You can also add the fact that the population of women clearly outweighs that of men. . . .
If u do the ratio of women to responsible men. . . . .The ratio is almost 250:1. grin cheesy
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by hotchic1(f): 10:00pm On Apr 24, 2008
The answer to this question is not just one or two things,but some of this things are very obvious,
Women are becoming more independent nowadays,however this doesn't mean they are not well-behaved or have got personality issues or that they are not willing to settle down,its just that quite a lot of men out there nowadays are scared of committment,they are kind of egoistic and can't seems to cope with the women's success.
Check some families in nigeria and you will see that the men do maltreat the women but no women is ready to go through all those stuffs all in the name of staying in marriage.
Looking at it,women are becoming more involved in todays society compared to the previous years and as a result,certain things that favours men then no longer favours them,however,men have failed to realise this and they still want to live the way their forefathers have lived and ruled their homes ignring the fact that things have changed.
Nigeria men wnt to marry a mordern lady,treat her using the old methods used several years ago.
The fact ladies are always very happy during their wedding ceremonyis a normal thing,ladies tend to be more interested in ceremoies compared to men.
There are other factors contributing to this issue of women not getting married,but the above listed are definitey part of tem.
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by ariblaze(m): 10:15pm On Apr 24, 2008
equality of gender

women are more empowered

and career oriented

thus most chase it with a Vigor

thus have no time for active dating
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by tpia: 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2008
@ topic:

the men are refusing to marry.

true talk! lipsrsealed

examples include tuface and psquare as representatives of countless others who believe in baby mamas but not marriage.

not to mention various threads here on nairaland where girls are complaining about their boyfriends marrying late or postponing marriage.

once again, true talk!!! grin
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by Zaria17: 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2008
Some women who can't get/keep a man are quick to say 'i don't need a man'. I find men are more honest when they need a wife/partner, they will even ask you to link them with a friend. SOME girls keep fronting, hiding under women's lib and as soon as the hit the 35+ mark, stress under the realisation that biological clock it ticking. Instead of hating and cursing that the men are pigs. One needs to do a self assessment and analyse why there's pigs in your circle. No one is too big to make adjustments inorder to attract the right guy. Nothing but love. peace and out
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by outlaws(m): 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2008
cool

What else?
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by JustGood(m): 11:45am On Sep 19, 2008
I beg to differ!

You are clearly still very traditional in your way of thinking. You probably think so because of the community you identify yourself with.

There is an increase in unmarried women hitting the age 40.
Most of these women are living comfortable lifestyles and feel no need to adhere to traditional values because they are mentally westernized.

Please go do some research . . . . . you will be surprised.

I think you'll find out that deep down, many of those women wish they were married. even the real westerner women would rather be with some man. you wont believe what some of them go through in their quest to have a man with them But publicly, they always say that they are enjoying their independence.
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by JustGood(m): 11:48am On Sep 19, 2008
The simple reason is that husbands are really scarce.The so-called unmaried career women envy women who have successful marriages.If they can turn back the hand of the clock they still want to get married.

Another reason is that emphasis is placed so much now on material things.Marriage has a lot of commitments and sacrifices which so many young people are not ready to put up with.In the case of ladies by the time they realize themselves age is no longer on their side.

Quite true
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by JustGood(m): 11:50am On Sep 19, 2008
Naje,

Did you not know that man was first left with animals before God made the woman? How then can animals be companions? You seem to practice sex with animals.

Lesbianism is something you refer to when you say services are not needed as before. We have more women invoving in the pervert act of lesbisnism.

Please think better

This just made me laugh cheesy
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by JustGood(m): 11:52am On Sep 19, 2008
Sammy,

I am well to do and will marry any women irrespective of her finances. All I need is a good age, looks and most importantly, behaviour.

Please, where I work I have a lot of young guys looking for wifes and they can't find a good one.

Please men want to settle early even under 30

Many (NOT ALL)so-called westernised women dont have this and that's why men are sceptical about joining with them
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by JustGood(m): 11:54am On Sep 19, 2008
D-reloaded:

maybe because polygamy was more prevalent?

what's with these idiotic questions nowadays?
Are these questions idiotic because they make some women feel uncomfortable? There are many questions where men, especially Nigerian, have been terribly presented. At least this does not say i9t is common with Nigerian women abroadĀ  grin
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by JustGood(m): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2008
The point is that the women feel lucky to have been married as it is not a mere wish come true. It is an honor to a woman if she is married.

Both parties will be happy to get married. I was over the moon when my wife agreed to marry me and I have had no regrets about it especially seeing that there seems to be an abundance of unruly women around these days. Any man who finds a real woman to marry should be happy to have found one; not the ones parading as women who would rather be men.
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by JustGood(m): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2008
Zaria17:

Some women who can't get/keep a man are quick to say 'i don't need a man'. I find men are more honest when they need a wife/partner, they will even ask you to link them with a friend. SOME girls keep fronting, hiding under women's lib and as soon as the hit the 35+ mark, stress under the realisation that biological clock it ticking. Instead of hating and cursing that the men are pigs. One needs to do a self assessment and analyse why there's pigs in your circle. No one is too big to make adjustments inorder to attract the right guy. Nothing but love. peace and out

grin
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by MrCrackles(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2008
The case na serious one ooo! grin
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by Orikinla(m): 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2008
My good friend is wedding tomorrow and the bride is not his dream girl, but the will of God.

Most of the unmarried women have been disappointed and betrayed by unfaithful and unreliable boyfriends.

No real woman wants to remain single for life.
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by JustGood(m): 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2008
Orikinla:

My good friend is wedding tomorrow and the bride is not his dream girl, but the will of God.

Most of the unmarried women have been disappointed and betrayed by unfaithful and unreliable boyfriends.

Exactly bro.
but they will never admit it openly. they will always say that they are happy single and independent
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by soulamanne(m): 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2008
cos there are more women than men,sefini
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by forbidden5(m): 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2008
Just Good,

God bless you. You are one of the few people that tell the truth.

Women are full of cover ups and fronting
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by syren: 7:38pm On Sep 20, 2008
Orikinla:

The irony! I was just talking to an friend today who's going through the same thing, once bitten twice or even thrice shy, but her time will soon comeĀ  sha.
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by 8ball(m): 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2008
@ poster

no matter how liberalized a woman is,she still would wanna get married

only afreak won't wanna do that
Re: Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? by victorian(f): 11:04pm On Sep 20, 2008
because there are very few responsible men out there that are ready for marriage. and more women are becoming practical in their everyday lives , independent financially, spiritually and otherwise. More women are no longer eager to play along with the unnecessary antics of most men.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Signs She's Simply In Love But Cant Say It / Why Re Almost All (97%) Of Ladies Into "Runs"? / Top Five Characters/behaviors Ladies Show If They Love A Particular Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.