Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

President Jonathan Live In Enugu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Live In Enugu (25182 Views)

President Jonathan Live In Osogbo / Kingsley Kuku(S.A To Jonathan) Live On Channels... Updates / The 2012 Budget Speech By President Jonathan Live At 12 Noon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by yeboyes: 1:34pm On May 19, 2013
[b]Jonathan was in South Africa last week and i wonder if he was ashamed at how developed South Africa is compared to Nigeria which is richer than South Africa in Government Revenue.

President Zuma of South Africa has built more infrastructure since becoming President of SA 3 years ago than Jonathan will ever build even if he was president of Nigeria for 50 years.I urge the supporters of Jonathan to show me one infrastructure that Jonathan has actively built brand New from the ground up that is beneficial to Nigerians? Just one!

Right now South Africa is building a new dry-cooled coal-fired power station known as the The Medupi Power Station.When completed, the power station is to have six boilers each powering an 800 MW turbine, producing 4800 MW of power. It is expected to become the largest dry-cooled coal fired power station in the world.Contracts have been placed with Hitachi to supply the boilers and Alstom to provide the steam turbines for this plant.At R33.6 Billion, these are the biggest contracts ever placed by Eskom. Super-critical boilers will be used to improve the efficiency of the power plant.This will raise the total power generation in South Africa to close to 50,000MW from the exsiting 40,000 MW

Here are pictures of the construction site of the The Medupi Power Station:

By the time they finish this is what it will look like :

Apart from that they are also building another new Coal power plant called the Kusile Power Station.This station will generate another 4800MW increasing the National grid to close to 55000 MW for a population of 50 Million people

Here is a picture of the construction site:

In Enugu ,we have coal ,yet we can't build coal plants,Nigeria we hail! embarassed

The South African Government also have other on going projects to boost power generations in the country ,the plans are so many that i can not mention them all here.That being i will post an image which detail the plan of SA's power company on the long term.This image shows you the difference between the donkeys we have in the Nigerian Government and the intelligent folks we have ion the South African Government:

I specifically chose South Africa for this comparison because i know if i use USA ,people will say how can i compare Nigeria to USA who earns more than us.One thing i like about the South Africans is that they are efficient and patriotic.When they say they complete a project in 3 years ,they complete in 2 years and 10 months.They are always ahead of schedule because they put country first before their pockets.

If it was Nigeria ,the project will drag on and on for decades without being completed due to lack of human compassion,lack of patriotism ,corruption and acute backwardness.

Nigeria clearly earns more than SA so how come they have more power stations than us? What do we do with our own money?Oh yes we use it to fund and rig elections.Please Rueben Abati aka "the grand liar" come and answer this question on behalf of your master.I am waiting for how you are going to spin this grin

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by yeboyes: 1:45pm On May 19, 2013
[b]I am sure like every other blind Jonathan Supporter ,Rueben Abati will blame Boko haram for the lack of electricity in Nigeria.Just notice how the usual Jonathan supporters have run away from this thread. Chai their lies have finished.E no finish? Oya make una come lie for una Oga at the top? Why are the south Africans building while you guys are speaking yeye grammer?

South African Government gives it's poor citizens free houses called RDP houses,Yes FREE (awoof) houses, 100% free no string attached.They care about their people so they build free houses for them.Below is a picture of some of the RDP houses:

How many Houses have the Nigerian Government donated to the poor? zero! Yet Patience Jonathan gets N4 billion to do as she please. Chai yeye country!

Even the so called low cost housing built by state and federal Government in Nigeria are only for millionaires.We are completely scrwed in Nigeria.The time to act is now ,vote out PDP and vote out some ACN,CPC,ANPP,AGPA Governors who have not performed.Vote for good leaders,leaders like me who are ready to make a very drastic change.The kind of change that will make the cabals go into hiding and never surface again. shocked

Under the right leadership ,Nigeria will make rapid progress.We need to eliminate cabals,corruption,tribalism,nepotism and incompetence.

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 19, 2013
@yeboyes. I love ur last statement. These things must be eliminated so that peace will reign, peace and development.

PS: oga i hope you know what it takes to do visionary, honest politics. Lets hope you have the guts, honesty, and protection and wisdom to do this. smiley

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by yeboyes: 2:09pm On May 19, 2013
Chibuebem: @yeboyes. I love ur last statement. These things must be eliminated so that peace will reign, peace and development.

[b]My brother thank you. We need to unite and speak honestly to one another instead of always fighting over tribe. Tribalism and Religion is the weapon of the elites against the citizens. We have been so brainwashed by the elites that we do not realize that they are our enemies. Instead we fight each other over petty matters. Everyday on Nairaland Yorubas and Igbos are still fighting the civil war that ended in 1966 instead of embracing one another and working together towards a better future.

If Nigerians elect a honest and intelligent leader regardless of where he is from all Nigerians will benefit. Overseas , Yorubas ,Igbos and Hausas are best of friends but immediately we land at Muritala international we become enemies ,why? Why is it so? Why can't we realize that we are being used as pawns by the political class. We need to stop discriminating against each other,it is childish and affects progress.

Many of us were not born during the civil war so how come we are holding grudges? It is the politicians who are brainwashing us. I said it before and i said it again ,i will trounce any of these so called leaders including Fashola in a leadership debate because i am genuinely clued up on what should be done to lift up my people.

I was once fooled by Fashola but i have since realized that he is not what i thought he was. Most of his developments in Lagos are commendable no doubt but he is not looking after the average guy. He is instead looking after the rich. That is not a sign of a good leader. In my opinion APC and PDP are the same.

The ACN is using Yoruba nationalism to fool Yorubas just as CPC and Agpa are using tribal nationalism to fool their people. We need a new party that is all inclusive and has brand new, disciplined ,honest and intelligent leaders .They most also have a ready-made leadership blueprint which can be accessible by the electorate. We can do it ,we have to stop thinking it is impossible, it starts with me and you.If we say enough is then enough is enough.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by Napoleondegreat: 2:10pm On May 19, 2013
Let's hope this will improve the precarious economic condition of my state capital
Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by EkoIle1: 2:19pm On May 19, 2013
yeboyes: [b]Jonathan was in South Africa last week and i wonder if he was ashamed at how developed South Africa is compared to Nigeria which is richer than South Africa in Government Revenue.

President Zuma of South Africa has built more infrastructure since becoming President of SA 3 years ago than Jonathan will ever build even if he was president of Nigeria for 50 years.I urge the supporters of Jonathan to show me one infrastructure that Jonathan has actively built brand New from the ground up that is beneficial to Nigerians? Just one!

Right now South Africa is building a new dry-cooled coal-fired power station known as the The Medupi Power Station.When completed, the power station is to have six boilers each powering an 800 MW turbine, producing 4800 MW of power. It is expected to become the largest dry-cooled coal fired power station in the world.Contracts have been placed with Hitachi to supply the boilers and Alstom to provide the steam turbines for this plant.At R33.6 Billion, these are the biggest contracts ever placed by Eskom. Super-critical boilers will be used to improve the efficiency of the power plant.This will raise the total power generation in South Africa to close to 50,000MW from the exsiting 40,000 MW

Apart from that they are also building another new Coal power plant called the Kusile Power Station.This station will generate another 4800MW increasing the National grid to close to 55000 MW for a population of 50 Million people

In Enugu ,we have coal ,yet we can't build coal plants,Nigeria we hail! embarassed

The South African Government also have other on going projects to boost power generations in the country ,the plans are so many that i can not mention them all here.That being i will post an image which detail the plan of SA's power company on the long term.This image shows you the difference between the donkeys we have in the Nigerian Government and the intelligent folks we have ion the South African Government:

I specifically chose South Africa for this comparison because i know if i use USA ,people will say how can i compare Nigeria to USA who earns more than us.One thing i like about the South Africans is that they are efficient and patriotic.When they say they complete a project in 3 years ,they complete in 2 years and 10 months.They are always ahead of schedule because they put country first before their pockets.

If it was Nigeria ,the project will drag on and on for decades without being completed due to lack of human compassion,lack of patriotism ,corruption and acute backwardness.

Nigeria clearly earns more than SA so how come they have more power stations than us? What do we do with our own money?Oh yes we use it to fund and rig elections.Please Rueben Abati aka "the grand liar" come and answer this question on behalf of your master.I am waiting for how you are going to spin this grin

[/b]

And this is what the the Federal Government of Nigeria is building and celebrating...

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by yeboyes: 2:30pm On May 19, 2013
Chibuebem: @yeboyes. I love ur last statement. These things must be eliminated so that peace will reign, peace and development.
PS: oga i hope you know what it takes to do visionary, [b]honest politics. Lets hope you have the guts, honesty, and protection and wisdom to do this. smiley

[b]
My brother no politician is 100% honest. I myself i am not 100% honest,even the South Africans i am praising have many corrupt politicians. The difference is that the politicians provide good infrastructure for their people.

You see they build hospitals ,roads ,airports and other necessary infrastructure then they steal the remaining "change" or inflate the contracts slightly. The South Africans are not really bothered about the change their politicians are stealing because they get free housing , good roads and other necessary benefits. Nigeria is so rich that Jonathan and his cronies can embezzle small amounts of millions while at the same time delivering quality leadership to Nigeria.

Unfortunately this is not case, in Nigeria the politicians steal the entire money without doing anything. Do you think George bush or Obama is honest? Of course not, all of them are corrupt. George bush’s family are still making money from the oil in Iraq ,that is why he invaded. However Geaorge bush made sure that Americans have everything they need so they don't bother him too much. I am sure if we dig deep we will see some secret business Obama is involved in.

Before American presidents are elected ,they are lobbied by sponsors. Lobbying is another name for bribery. These Presidential candidates like Obama are bribed by big companies so when he gets elected they get contracts. The difference is that when they get the contracts they execute it efficiently and in the shortest time possible unlike Nigeria where the contract will drag on for years.

The problem with Nigeria is that our leaders are TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO corrupt. Their own corruption is devoid of human compassion. They have lost the ability to be human and to realize the harm they are doing to the the people.

What I am saying to you is this my brother ,if I am president ,I will also enrich myself but I will do so and in the most legal way possible. I will put Nigerians first and embezzle the left overs. I won’t just dip my hand in to government account and spends it any how , no ways. I will probably set different companies and award contracts to those companies.

The difference is that my company will sub contract the contract to a very capable company that complete the project on time. I will only get a commission from the awarded contract. That way the citizens will get their new infrastructure , I will be rich and everybody will be happy. Take care of your people and they will take care of you. It is simple logic. However Jonathan and his cronies are just too greedy to care.[/b]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by yeboyes: 2:44pm On May 19, 2013
Eko Ile:

And this is what the the Federal Government of Nigeria is building and celebrating...

Nigeria holds the world record of being the only country in the world where unfinished projects are commissioned with fanfare.I swear our leaders are crazy grin

Then again we hold the world record of being the only country in the world where a presidential candidate has debated with himself on live Tv. Chai this country don kolo! shocked

People keep saying GOD will save us.God ko ,satan ni! GOD only helps those who helps themselves. If we as Nigerians fail to vote in the right leaders then GOD will continue to laugh at our stupidity.GOD gave us brains for thinking,eyes for seeing and hands for voting ,the rest is up to us.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by enm(m): 7:14pm On May 19, 2013
@yeboyes, your post were very informative and the same time entertaining, but am not in agreement on putting the whole blame on president jonathan and his croonies for the situation which we currently find ourselves as a nation. jonathan government is not perfect but it will be injustice to say he is not trying his best though his best may not be what we yearn for.

Mixing with a lot of people from different ethnicity, religion and background across the nation have taught me that we the follower are the architect of the nation problem. if you are not a good follower how can you be a good leader? how many of us in truth and conscience devoid of any personal gain discharge his or her responsibility towards the nation, you talk of corruption, tell me how you intend to tackle it in a situation where the organ responsible in tackling this disease and make sure offender are brought to book go about submitting insufficient or lack of evidence before a competent court of law.

Until we developed a positive attitude towards our neighbors that's when we will start moving forward as a nation. so stop blaming the leader but the followers. don't forget the leader was once a follower and will one day return to be a follower

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by djon78(m): 7:52pm On May 19, 2013
@yeyebos I love ur mindset man, u kind is one in a million in this clime. My brother I had this your kind of attitude while coming back to Nigeria after my studies abroad, but I was really dissapointed with the people of this country. Personally I think that only about 1percent of the population of this country has their head screwed on or are really critical/deep and creative thinkers, others cannot even reason straightly, if u think it is a lie look at comments on nairaland.

All I will advise my brother is never let the negativity happening daily in this country quench ur spirit and creativity, keep the fire burning, look for likes mind and share all these ur ideas with and with time u will see what u can do.
Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 19, 2013
Abeg, remove me from d list of enemies of progress. I still stand on my existing protocol

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by mensdept: 8:35pm On May 19, 2013
Why do the folks in the SE need to wait on the FG of Nigeria to build for them what they can build for themselves?

Obasanjo promised this as far back as 2003. Then came to sicky sicky Yar Adua with same promise and GEJ in 2011. Yet two years later a mere "Re-Commisioning"

Are you serious?

What are local men like Theo Orji and ELechi doing with over $700 Million USD annually in state allocation? What about the APGA boys in Anambra and Imo, or the always sick man called Chime in Enugu?

When they do their so-called SE governors meeting or festival they cant say, "Nna make we contribute $100 Million from each state and build this airport that will economically put us back in business".

Unarmed Biafra volunteers built one in Uli, then common farmers built on in the 1980s in Ngor-Okpala (imo state), so whats the problem? Its not by force to be governor or senator, unless your plan is to steal.
Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by billante(m): 9:54pm On May 19, 2013
yeboyes: [b]Jonathan was in South Africa last week and i wonder if he was ashamed at how developed South Africa is compared to Nigeria which is richer than South Africa in Government Revenue.

[/b]

You expect the federal govt to bring out a whooping 546 billion naira to build one power plant!! how much go come remain for other capital projects that are yearning for attention

In comparison govt is building a 3500 mega watts power plant at mambilla, even though its not using its own money to build it.....another private company is building a 1500 MW coal fired power plant in kogi state.

let the private sector be the one building upcoming power generation plants that nigeria needs to be a fully industrialized country......The govt has opened the sector for them to do so,
Dont expect the govt to use 3/4 of its capital budget to build one power plant just to answer a performing govt, thats stupidity to me

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by enm(m): 11:19pm On May 19, 2013
@ngozievergreen, i sent you a PM
Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by yeboyes: 12:48am On May 20, 2013
billante:

You expect the federal govt to bring out a whooping 546 billion naira to build one power plant!! how much go come remain for other capital projects that are yearning for attention

In comparison govt is building a 3500 mega watts power plant at mambilla, even though its not using its own money to build it.....another private company is building a 1500 MW coal fired power plant in kogi state.

let the private sector be the one building upcoming power generation plants that nigeria needs to be a fully industrialized country......The govt has opened the sector for them to do so,
Dont expect the govt to use 3/4 of its capital budget to build one power plant just to answer a performing govt, thats stupidity to me

[b]We have close to $45 billion in foreign reserves at the moment. The money is just sitting in a bank account doing absolutely nothing for Nigerians. When Jonathan took over power we had over $35 billion but he withdrew the whole money, shared with his cronies and used the rest to campaign. Where were you then? Why did you not ask why Jonathan spent a whooping $35 billion on nothing?

If Jonathan can waste money on his cronies why can’t the Nigerian Government spend N546 billion to light up Nigeria? The minimum the Government makes every year from ONLY oil is $52 billion, what is wrong if they use half of that to build a massive power plant?

Are you saying the Chinese Government that spent $26 billion on the three Georges dam are stupid? Do you know when that dam was initiated? Construction of the dam began in 1984.At that time China was a nobody but they started building infrastructure rapidly because their leaders were visionaries who realized that those infrastructure will benefit them in future. Fast forward to 2013 and China is now the second largest economy in world and to top that , they own America!

Are you saying the leaders of South Africa are stupid by spending billions of dollars on new power plants? Right now the South Africans are spending close to $30 billion dollars to build 3 new coals plants,a solar plant and a new nuclear power plant. I guess according to you the South Africans are very stupid.

The South Africans are so stupid that Nigerians are flocking to their country to seek greener pastures. I wonder why the smart Nigerians are running away from Nigeria and running to stay with the stupid South Africans who wasted all their money to achieve 24 hours electricity, good roads, good hospitals, good schools and every other necessary infrastructure as well as services.

Let me ask you one question do we have a 911 line in Nigeria? In South Africa they have emergency lines for ambulances which shows up at your house within 10 minutes of calling. I guess they are also stupid for maintaining their health services to a high standard that anyone in the country can get an ambulance or helicopter free of charge within 10 minutes.

Nigerians leaders are so smart that Sick Nigerians including the wife of the smart Nigerian President are flying abroad for treatment when they get a small stomach ache. Yet the stupid South Africans built the world’s largest hospital known as baragwanath hospital.

[img]http://cdn.mg.co.za/crop/content/images/2012/06/18/0000122914.jpg/610x350/[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_SAgVJjEZ_GA/SD7QtXWLmVI/AAAAAAAABZA/MYY79-2LsWE/s400/IMG_1723.JPG[/img]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/09/26092010015.jpg[/img]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/10/p1000372-medium.jpg[/img]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/10/p1000320-medium.jpg[/img]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/09/015-medium1.jpg[/img]

Baragwanath Hospital is such a world class Hospital that medical schools in countries like USA, England,Australia and others send their student yearly to come and train there for a six months at a time.

According to Guinness book of record Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital is the biggest hospital in the world.The South Africans must be very stupid and wasteful to have built such a big hospital like this to accommodate many sick South africans. Below is Google map image of the scale of the entire hospital:

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/07/satellitenbild_bara2.png[/img]

When the smart Nigerians need a DNA test ,they fly the test sample to the Stupid South Africans in the above hospital because the Nigerians in all their smartness do not have a single DNA lab in the country.

Your argument is extremely flawed because you are indirectly saying it is okay for politicians to squander trillions of Naira every year but it is not okay for the Nigerian Government to spend money on a brand new power plant.

I am sure you also do not want the FG to spend $3billion to build two new state of art hospitals for Nigerians because it is a very stupid idea.

Your mindset is the same mindset our leaders have. Instead of just doing what they were elected to do they will say N564 billion is too much to spend on a new power project and make all kinds of excuses but they won’t find it hard embezzle the same money in order to hide it in offshore accounts.

Like I said before and I will always say it again, our leaders are not interested in changing our lives for the better. You just proved it with your comment that there are many Nigerians unfortunately who will not do what is right because they are not capable of doing the right thing. Instead they will make all kind of ridiculous excuses. The senators in Abuja earn $1.8 million dollars a year but you are complaining about spending N546 billion on electrifying Nigeria for a long time to come.

Those IPPs they are building now will not sustain Nigeria ,with a population of 160 million plus ,we need at least 100,000MW to have stable power supply. All the current IPPs combined will not even reach 12000MW so why only go for them when we have the money to do more.

Let me ask you one question ,GOD forbid if you have a child who has cancer and the Hospital told you that you need to pay them ¾ of your 1 year income to save him ,what will you do?

Will you say the money is too much and let the child die even though you know you will make the money back next year?
[/b]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by Anybaba: 5:58am On May 20, 2013
The remodelled Enugu international Airport is actually quite nice. Nice job !!! grin
Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by Nobody: 8:00am On May 20, 2013
According to The Guardian "Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, said the new international terminal would cost N3 billion. The terminal covers a space of 25,000 square meters, same as the Murtala Mohammed International Airport and would be ready as scheduled."
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=122165:fg-earmarks-n158bn-for-projects-in-southeast&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Live In Enugu by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 01, 2013
yeboyes:

[b]
My brother no politician is 100% honest. I myself i am not 100% honest,even the South Africans i am praising have many corrupt politicians. The difference is that the politicians provide good infrastructure for their people.

You see they build hospitals ,roads ,airports and other necessary infrastructure then they steal the remaining "change" or inflate the contracts slightly. The South Africans are not really bothered about the change their politicians are stealing because they get free housing , good roads and other necessary benefits. Nigeria is so rich that Jonathan and his cronies can embezzle small amounts of millions while at the same time delivering quality leadership to Nigeria.

Unfortunately this is not case, in Nigeria the politicians steal the entire money without doing anything. Do you think George bush or Obama is honest? Of course not, all of them are corrupt. George bush’s family are still making money from the oil in Iraq ,that is why he invaded. However Geaorge bush made sure that Americans have everything they need so they don't bother him too much. I am sure if we dig deep we will see some secret business Obama is involved in.

Before American presidents are elected ,they are lobbied by sponsors. Lobbying is another name for bribery. These Presidential candidates like Obama are bribed by big companies so when he gets elected they get contracts. The difference is that when they get the contracts they execute it efficiently and in the shortest time possible unlike Nigeria where the contract will drag on for years.

The problem with Nigeria is that our leaders are TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO corrupt. Their own corruption is devoid of human compassion. They have lost the ability to be human and to realize the harm they are doing to the the people.

What I am saying to you is this my brother ,if I am president ,I will also enrich myself but I will do so and in the most legal way possible. I will put Nigerians first and embezzle the left overs. I won’t just dip my hand in to government account and spends it any how , no ways. I will probably set different companies and award contracts to those companies.

The difference is that my company will sub contract the contract to a very capable company that complete the project on time. I will only get a commission from the awarded contract. That way the citizens will get their new infrastructure , I will be rich and everybody will be happy. Take care of your people and they will take care of you. It is simple logic. However Jonathan and his cronies are just too greedy to care.[/b]
sin is very deceptive. U start by stealing small change, to killing and stealing billions. We dont need that in naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Kashim Shettima Convoy Attacked In Maiduguri, Many Cars Destroyed / Did Jonathan Distribute Dollars To 25 Bloggers In Lagos?- By Morakinyo Olugbiji / Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.