Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,218 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) (48726 Views)

Photo:Late General Sani Abacha and MKO Abiola at an event in Lagos in Feb. 1986. / Check Out This Epic Old School Photo Of Tinubu, Abacha And MKO Abiola / Abdulsalami Abubakar And Ibrahim Babangida In Their Youthful Days (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Biafradiplomat: 1:08pm On May 19, 2013
yinkard4me:
ai no go talk
who be dat frog?
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by 9jagobetta: 1:20pm On May 19, 2013
Baritone: I believe u were in your mom's womb then.. #Sarcasm.. 2 unlikely friends.

Mother's womb ke! Abi for him papa brokus... grin
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by BlueMagic2(m): 2:04pm On May 19, 2013
jamp: Nigeria was better under these men grin grin grin
4 real!!!!! The naira was stronger. There was sanity, the security was a bit better, there was no boko-haram & the economy was better. Not a big fan of military rule. Bt if what is being practiced in nigeria is democracy, then gimme military rule....

1 Like

Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by marex: 3:01pm On May 19, 2013
jamp: Nigeria was better under these men grin grin grin
I shudder in disbelief! #damn
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by premium1: 4:06pm On May 19, 2013
During dere tenure, i was very young buh i can remember vividly dat d day Abacha died every1 rejoiced both old and young I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ surulere where i lived.Dnt rilly knw much abwt Babangida guess i Ѡåƨ still crawling.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by juman(m): 4:49pm On May 19, 2013
The evil genius and his khalifat.

"Every soul will taste death".(Quran:21:35)

"So that Allah will recompense every soul for what it earned. Indeed, Allah is swift in account". (Quran:14:51)
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Soso990240(m): 4:49pm On May 19, 2013
GenBuhari: Babangida and Obasanjo assassinated scores of people if not hundreds.

Abacha never assassinated anybody.
ur head de sleep.why is Al mustapher bein tried? Abacha assassinatd alot of people,u may nt knw dm..i knw some.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Soso990240(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2013
GenBuhari: Abacha had opportunity to execute Obasanjo for coup plotting.
obasanjo 1st had d chance 2 deal wit dm,b4 abacha even came 2 power.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by juman(m): 4:54pm On May 19, 2013
Soso990240: ur head de sleep.why is Al mustapher bein tried? Abacha assassinatd alot of people,u may nt knw dm..i knw some.

Gen.Abacha was a bad leader.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by juman(m): 4:55pm On May 19, 2013
Soso990240: obasanjo 1st had d chance 2 deal wit dm,b4 abacha even came 2 power.

OBJ also performed woefully.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Soso990240(m): 5:01pm On May 19, 2013
Revolva: grin Two former president that are very much better than Jonathan....that lame ......infact i prefer the devil called babaginda and abacha
ur own opinion..90% of nigerians dnt thnk so..dats why ur kind always loose elections.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Soso990240(m): 5:03pm On May 19, 2013
juman:

OBJ also performed woefully.
yeah..bt we neva heard of strange assassination,unlike Abacha and Ibb regime.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by juman(m): 5:50pm On May 19, 2013
Soso990240: yeah..bt we neva heard of strange assassination,unlike Abacha and Ibb regime.

Haaaaa!!!! Many and many assassinations. Assassination of Chief Bola Ige and others.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by omartins(m): 6:45pm On May 19, 2013
This people are very usefull to our nation, at least we use them as bad example. They are not that useless. Lol........
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 19, 2013
I have plenty of evidence that proves Abacha was a great leader.

Where is you evidence that suggests otherwise?
juman:

Gen.Abacha was a bad leader.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 19, 2013
Give me just 4 people Abacha assassinated.

I can give you hundreds assassinated by IBB and OBJ
Soso990240: ur head de sleep.why is Al mustapher bein tried? Abacha assassinatd alot of people,u may nt knw dm..i knw some.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 19, 2013
Because some people rejoiced when Abacha died,does not mean he was not a great leader oh!!
premium1: During dere tenure, i was very young buh i can remember vividly dat d day Abacha died every1 rejoiced both old and young I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ surulere where i lived.Dnt rilly knw much abwt Babangida guess i Ѡåƨ still crawling.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 19, 2013
IBB devalued naira by a criminal 2200% (not a typo - two thousand per cent)

Abacha never devalued naira held it constant at N22 = $1 for his entire reign.

Blue Magic: 4 real!!!!! The naira was stronger. There was sanity, the security was a bit better, there was no boko-haram & the economy was better. Not a big fan of military rule. Bt if what is being practiced in nigeria is democracy, then gimme military rule....
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 19, 2013
Soso990240: obasanjo 1st had d chance 2 deal wit dm,b4 abacha even came 2 power.
OBJ could not arrest Abacha as Abacha had not done anything to warrant his arrest.

Not even sure he was part of OBJ's military govt 1976-79
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 2:45am On May 20, 2013
best president we ever had. He was brutal, but was right for us.. Look at that idiot sanusi now, he would have been killed by Abacha, na wa, we need another Abacha abeg, steal money, but kill the wicked people, just like what Hitler did, for there to be peace, war must prevail, i want war oo... cos our people are heartless, they are wicked
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by romanlaw(m): 9:36am On May 20, 2013
[quote author=jamp]Nigeria was better under these men grin grin grin[/quot

Silly Statement. Thats why your name is Jamb........keep failing Jamb.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by tonimaz: 1:15pm On May 20, 2013
NIGERIA WAS MADE A JONGLE UNDER THEIR RULE...... grin
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by chiJ4: 1:25pm On May 20, 2013
These men are the eater of Nigeria's money
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by dangali: 3:07pm On May 20, 2013
no nonsense GUYS.
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by disneyemmy: 4:35pm On May 20, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
then garri and kuli kuli was very cheap, and there was no boko northaram
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 20, 2013
Abacha never stole any money oo!
dadaic: best president we ever had. He was brutal, but was right for us.. Look at that idiot sanusi now, he would have been killed by Abacha, na wa, we need another Abacha abeg, steal money, but kill the wicked people, just like what Hitler did, for there to be peace, war must prevail, i want war oo... cos our people are heartless, they are wicked
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 20, 2013
Traitors murderers and a disgrace to the uniform. ..
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2013
GenBuhari: Abacha never stole any money oo!

It was Veronica Roth who once suggested that telling lies requires commitment.
Just keep on spinning those yarns.

Nigeria Recovers More Billions Of Abacha’s Loot
A total of 22.5 million euro has been recovered by the Federal Government from the confiscation on money laundered by General Sani Abacha.

Speaking at the ministerial platform in Abuja, the Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke said a total of 175 million euro was also recovered from the family of the late head of state following a confiscation order by the Supreme Court of Liechtenstein.

Mr Adoke listed measures taken by the federal government to reform the nation’s criminal justice system.

General Abacha had ruled Nigeria as a military Head of State between November 17, 1993 and June 8, 1998, when he died suddenly of a heart attack. As a result, General Abdulsalami Abubakar became the head of state and within a short time, he re-established democracy in Nigeria, arranging for general elections that resulted in the emergence of Olusegun Obasanjo assuming the presidency as the democratically elected leader of the country in 1999.

Before Mr Obasanjo took office, Mr Abubakar’s government had delivered a clear message that the late Abacha had looted huge sums, and they had to be restored. Members of the Abacha family and some of their accomplice then ‘voluntarily’ returned about $1 billion to the Federal Government. In 2002, the Obasanjo administration tentatively came to an agreement with the Abacha family to return another $1 billion out of the $1.1 billion that had been identified, traced and frozen, with the quid pro quo that the Abachas would be allowed to keep balance that had been assessed not to be of criminal origin.

The arrangement was not well received by the masses. Although the proposal caused a massive outcry for seeming to reward the theft of public funds, it was subsequently rejected by the late dictator’s son, Mohammed Abacha, who continued to maintain that all the assets in question were legitimately acquired. The highest sum that had in the past been traced to the family ranged from $3 billion to $5 billion, which includes money allegedly derived from misappropriation of funds from the Central Bank of Nigeria, bribes received from multi-nationals, among others.

The Swiss government last December said that it has so far returned to Nigeria the sum of $700 million stolen by the late dictator and deposited in several Swiss banks. In addition to freezing about $640 million, the Swiss judicial authorities handling the case have also indicted Mohammed Abacha and Atiku Bagudu under Swiss legislation regarding money laundering, fraud and taking part in a criminal organisation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfKx7dzPGzg

Source
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
I say it again:

Abacha never looted how could he have outperformed the current pdp govt, whilst earning a tenth of their revenue from crude oil exports, and still find money to loot?

[b][size=18pt]Abacha never looted.

The money repatriated by Obasanjo was from one of Obj's or his associates swiss accounts and had nothing to do with Abacha.

Obasanjo accused Abacha initially of looting $6billion, yet only approx half a Billion dollars were ever returned; and even that returned money is untraceable.

The whole repatriation of looted funds was a scam by Obj, IBB and his cousin Abdulsalami Abubakar to convince Nigerians that Abacha looted.

Abacha ruled when oil was selling as low as $9 per Barrel (Today oil prices averages $110 per barrel)

Yet :
Abacha refused IMF loans and their economic dictates

He maintained a strong Naira at N22 = $1

He raised fuel prices by only N6 per litre, and used the revenue generated to fund the Petroleum Trust Fund which he entrusted to the non-corrupt Buhari to be used to maintain and improve infrastructure. He never sold fuel for more than N14 per litre.

He reduced our debt by $9bn

He increased our reserves by $9bn

He reduced inflation from 60% to 8%

He built the national hospital in Abuja

he built the largest housing estate in Africa

He delivered 2 olympic gold medals

He delivered AFCON and in the process gave Nigeria Steven Keshi

He fulfilled our role as an African superpower by intervening in Sierra Leone and Liberia.

All this while earning as little as $9 per barrel from crude sales.

He would have to have been a magician to find any money to loot as well.

He re-surrected the War against Indiscipline and corruption.

He created 6 states.

World bank estimates that approx $200bn has been looted from Nigeria since Abacha died, yet gullible Nigerians are only focussing on "recovering" the fathom $2Bn money Abacha was falsely accused of looting.

Weep for your country oo!

[/size][/b]

............................Abacha's days..........................PDP days
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oil prices /income..........$9 /Barrel.............................$110/Barrel

Fuel price.................N10/ltr ................................N100/ltr

Infrastructure agency......PTF.....................................None

Projects...................Largest housing estate in Africa........Not known
...........................National Hospital Abuja

Currency...................N22 = $1 ...............................N161 = $1

Privatisations.............None ...................................dozens

Economy....................Reduced inflation by 90%................Increased inflation

Foreign Reserves...........increased 2,150%........................increased 200%

IMF...........................Rejected IMF loans......................Took loans

Foreign Debt..................repaid $7 Billion net....................debt increasing

Regional power/ influence.....Intervened in Liberia....................Very little and diminishing
..............................& Sierra Leone ,restored democracy

Sporting Achievements.........2 Olympic Gold medals....................1 olympic gold medal
..............................Africa Nations Cup.......................Africa Nations Cup

Constitutional conference.....1995.....................................None

Detailed Development
blueprint.....................Vision 2010..............................No detailed blueprint

Insecurity / Terrorism........Handful of Bombings in Lagos,............Tens of thousands killed, by religious/ tribal conflicts
..............................Regime claimed were sponsored by USA.....high level of insecurity

govt Massacres /Genocide......None.....................................Thousdands killed in Odi , Zaki Biam, Baga
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
I say it again:

Abacha never looted how could he have outperformed the current pdp govt, whilst earning a tenth of their revenue from crude oil exports, and still find money to loot?

............................Abacha's days..........................PDP days
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oil prices /income..........$9 /Barrel.............................$110/Barrel

Fuel price.................N10/ltr ................................N100/ltr

Infrastructure agency......PTF.....................................None

Projects...................Largest housing estate in Africa........Not known
...........................National Hospital Abuja

Currency...................N22 = $1 ...............................N161 = $1

Privatisations.............None ...................................dozens

Economy....................Reduced inflation by 90%................Increased inflation

Foreign Reserves...........increased 2,150%........................increased 200%

IMF...........................Rejected IMF loans......................Took loans

Foreign Debt..................repaid $7 Billion net....................debt increasing

Regional power/ influence.....Intervened in Liberia....................Very little and diminishing
..............................& Sierra Leone ,restored democracy

Sporting Achievements.........2 Olympic Gold medals....................1 olympic gold medal
..............................Africa Nations Cup.......................Africa Nations Cup

Constitutional conference.....1995.....................................None

Detailed Development
blueprint.....................Vision 2010..............................No detailed blueprint

Insecurity / Terrorism........Handful of Bombings in Lagos,............Tens of thousands killed, by religious/ tribal conflicts
..............................Regime claimed were sponsored by USA.....high level of insecurity

govt Massacres /Genocide......None.....................................Thousdands killed in Odi , Zaki Biam, Baga
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 27, 2013
Abacha's reign was characterised by contract fraud, simple.
No amount of shouting in bold fonts will change this incontrovertible fact!
Re: Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture) by Nobody: 3:48am On Jun 28, 2013
Can you back that up with evidence or even examples?
eGuerrilla: Abacha's reign was characterised by contract fraud, simple.
No amount of shouting in bold fonts will change this incontrovertible fact!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team / Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka / Nastura Sharif Arrest: Bashir Tofa Warns Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.