Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections (17564 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / List Of People Who Donated N100m For Pres. Jonathan's Nomination Form / Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by Nuzo1(m): 12:25pm On May 19, 2013
Kalu has so much similarities with Tinubu.

1. Both are good in riding with ethnic sentiments.

2. Both were involved in fraudlent and criminnal activities before they became governors.

3. Both were rich before they became governors.

4. Both embezzled their states as governors to no bound.

5. Both were OBJ's ach enemy for knowing what he knows.

6. They both floated successful parties.

Tinubu took his own and ran while Orji wanted to control PPA, Apga and PDP at the same time.

As far as Igbos are concerned, the idea of Igbo presidency is not a big deal so far whoever becomes president provides fairness and justice in all sectors of life. However, the do or die attitude for the presidency by some ethnic groups has sparked interests by Igbos.

Whichever way it is, Orji Kalu does not speak for Igbere people not to talk of Igbo people.

1 Like

Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by momodub: 12:27pm On May 19, 2013
He said, “I made millions before joining politics. I was doing business between Maiduguri and the East. I carried fish from Maiduguri to the East and palm oil from the East to Maiduguri. i better start selling fish and palm oil ooo
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by dplomaticVal: 12:31pm On May 19, 2013
OUK is a shameless impudent hypocrite,after he had looted d Abians dry he now disguise himslf 2be a radical igbo son fightin for d igbo presidency under d umbrella of d so-cald controversial njiko igbo inorder 4 him 2 gain cheap publicity n undeserved political support.....I PRAY THAT BAPHOMET SWALLOWS HIM N HIS HEARTLESS LEPROSY-STRICKEN DICTATOR MOTHA, EUNICE UZOR KALU
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by perfectcrush(m): 12:39pm On May 19, 2013
Y are u just tellin us dis, and wat do u wanme to do to obj? U av bin advised to shut up. Nonsense
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by UnimkeAk(m): 12:43pm On May 19, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Saminu Turaki donated 17 billion naira.17 Billion desert sand grains to yardua campaign but didn't make noise about it.Why is this one acting weird because of 100 million ? Y'all are fu'c'king criminals and stop trying to picture yourself as a saint !

Common Sharaap dere, throws a hot slap grin

That's obviously a very big fat lie

1 Like

Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by ophilly: 12:45pm On May 19, 2013
Zet72:
Are u a cry baby...U are actually crying more than the bereaved
Cry baby...did you say(write). Too bad, if you can't see the sense in this post, I am afraid you need help
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by UnimkeAk(m): 12:48pm On May 19, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

N100 million = $600,000 dollars

Something tells me PDP has a LOT more money than that. I'm sure a single house of reps member (from any party) spends more than that on an election.

Nigga 100M prior to 1999 or in 1999 was Mega funds.
Take a chill pill
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by AnyiWa(m): 12:50pm On May 19, 2013
Medicine after death
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by miqos02(m): 12:53pm On May 19, 2013
so he made his wealth from catfish trading
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by Nuzo1(m): 1:02pm On May 19, 2013
Unimke_Ak:

I guess he exaggerated the amount, but it was sometime near to that. It was actually N10 billion.
He confessed to that.

Ribadu still has all the details of alleged corrupt practices by the 34 governors of 4th and 5th republic.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by peleson: 1:02pm On May 19, 2013
oniwo:

Which country recognised ORJI KALU than the heavy weight OBJ before 1999.
Was ur Obj a politician before 1999? Where did he come from to become president and who do u think made him president? He was a LUCKY CHILD
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by peleson: 1:08pm On May 19, 2013
naija_swag:

It is not easy to visit Camp David. That is the war room of America. War proclamations are made from there
Orji still visits US departments of State and other heavy weight and powerful US government officials even former presidents of the US of A. Orji is very powerfuln influential js forget nigeria context BUT he cheated the Abia people a lot!
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by loswhite(m): 1:11pm On May 19, 2013
peleson: YES Orji Kalu was the richest of all the governors and was known world-wide . He was the only politician from Nigeria that was known World-Wide by World leaders. He was richer than all the 35governors combined in 1999. He was a Chief Financier of PDP.
OBJ confessed of Having NO money to run for an election. OBJ assets was not more than 200million naira combined b4 1999 Elections.
OBj 1st travel as a president was with Orji Kalu simply because Orji was more Widely known and recognised.
Orji Kalu, I admire his charisma n wealth BUT he CONTRIBUTED in NO small measure to the ills that befalls Abia State today. He defrauded that state n worst of ALL installing His house boy thief t.a orji
did u say richer than 35 governors combine together ......smh.....big lie
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by loswhite(m): 1:16pm On May 19, 2013
oniwo:

Which country recognised ORJI KALU than the heavy weight OBJ before 1999.
imagine o! Kali more recognized than a former head of state...
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by dkingsman4real(m): 2:04pm On May 19, 2013
whick Kalu are they talking about? the one the said slept with the mother? . He gave PDP100m, and how much did he get inretun? well, they can only fool their igbo brothers not we the NIGERIANS
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by ballabriggs: 2:17pm On May 19, 2013
But na true now, he contributed to OBJ. He has been saying this ever since. Kalu na criminal from time so don't be in doubt.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by killuminati(m): 2:37pm On May 19, 2013
payless: I know some Igbos are coming to brand Kalu a bastard and sellout for daring to say Jonathan is not an Igbo man. I do support Igbo Presidency. Rocha is a very good option. Chuba Okadigbo was one Igbo man I had wanted as President. May God bless his soul! I love Okadigbo's swagger. He was a true Nigerian to the core. He was not bigoted like the unprecedented number of illiterates from SE who parade themselves on nairaland. Ken Nnamani is another great Igbo man who does not think like the touts we have on nairaland.

I don't know why Igbos can't put people like Nnamani forward to be Presidential candidate. Nnamani is loved by Yoruba, Hausa and other tribes.
correct! Di only good Igbo man I've ever known...all the rest na caricatures! If they can bring him back I will vote for him.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by realpeople: 2:39pm On May 19, 2013
[size=14pt]
First to donate 100 million to OBJ
First to donate 100 million to PDP
First to cast the vote at the primary election against Igbo Presidency in 1999 which saw Alex Ekwueme Out.
Orji stop looking for recognition and wait until E.F.C.C. are done with ur case file[/size]

1 Like

Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by peleson: 2:44pm On May 19, 2013
loswhite: did u say richer than 35 governors combine together ......smh.....big lie
Dey dia, u dnt knw hw rich that guy was b4 1999. Ask a banker in the 90s. Do u know hw much he made from halibuton nlng deal? Do u know hw halibuton even came to nigeria? Do u know hw much he evn made from that powder? This guy was under 30s u knw? Name the governor that was so richer if not orji then
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by eagleeye2: 2:52pm On May 19, 2013
peleson:
Dey dia, u dnt knw hw rich that guy was b4 1999. Ask a banker in the 90s. Do u know hw much he made from halibuton nlng deal? Do u know hw halibuton even came to nigeria? Do u know hw much he evn made from that powder? This guy was under 30s u knw? Name the governor that was so richer if not orji then

He may have been the richest governor pre-1999, but not all the 35 combined. What about Tinubu? Tinubu was equally rich in his own right.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by toprealman: 2:56pm On May 19, 2013
If you like give hime £1 billion. How did you make your money? IBB,president,courier, front,middle man,
white something.....abeg make we hear word.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by yuzedo: 3:27pm On May 19, 2013
eagle,eye:

OBJ, as of 1999 was just another ex military head of state who was being grateful to God for sparing his life in Abacha's gulag. It was some Northern heavy weights and IBB and his boys that Thrust the Reign of Power to OBJ.
Before 1999, OBJ did not have much. Moreover it has been rumoured by some individuals that Kalu happens to be a spy man for the Americans (I wouldn't believe such rumours though). The rumour was circulated after Kalu visited Camp David.
O.U.K visited Camp David??!? R u serious/sure?! Camp David is not for every riff raff o! Even serving presidents enter by grace of God.. Camp David is NOT beans o! undecided
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by bobthebuilder99(m): 3:30pm On May 19, 2013
oneangle:

DOnt mind this bob guy.. I want him to ask his father how much he had in his account as at 1999.. He will be shocked.. a man evenhandedly donated 200,000,000 to a party in 1999..

I kno it's not fair to make comparisons to America, but listen.

Obama raised 1 BILLION dollars...so did Mitt Romney. That's just for the Presidential election.

All the big men in this country and we can't do better than 100 million naira?!
Yusufu alone stole 23 billion naira.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by yuzedo: 3:31pm On May 19, 2013
Unimke_Ak:

17 billion desert sand grains... Fück my life!!! *rolling* grin grin grin grin grin *tears*
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by adebayo6(m): 3:36pm On May 19, 2013
Which fish bizness do u do that enrich you to worth giving someone #200,000,000? Na gold fish?
Lies!!!!!
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 19, 2013
nijanigga: Kalu made his money by transporting and carrying fish from North to the east,vice-versa.Dubious, for anybody to be saying this at this age is playing with Nigeria's intelligence. How much oil did he transported and how many fish are there in lake chad? These guys are day light robbers.
Dat is where d wealth started. He later invested in tnz like SLOK, etc.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by truelovecom: 4:22pm On May 19, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

N100 million = $600,000 dollars

Something tells me PDP has a LOT more money than that. I'm sure a single house of reps member (from any party) spends more than that on an election.

did u read the news?......before obj became president in 1999 , orji gave obj and pdp 100m each....IF U DONT UNDERSTAND ASK YOUR OGA @THE TOP TO EXPLAIN BETTER. OK!
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by labbyboi(m): 4:26pm On May 19, 2013
See the shameless man o, was it that he donated to improve matters or as an investment or with the intention to buy the presidential office?? Chai, this man no get shame o, e dey call hundreds of million like say na kobo e dey talk about. *smh*
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 19, 2013
NSNA: Confession to bribe, Arrest him
since when funding an election/campaign and registering in a pdp/party is bribe?
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by batstan(m): 4:54pm On May 19, 2013
grin
Shege nyameri mai kifi de manja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Rufai Signs Agreement With Skipper Seil, Indian Company To Build 100MW Plant / Saraki, Ekweremadu, Dino Melaye In Calabar For Southeastern Senators Retreat / Buhari Yet To Return To Office, 11 Days After ‘7-Day Visit To Daura’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.