Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections (17565 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / List Of People Who Donated N100m For Pres. Jonathan's Nomination Form / Kano Earmarks N100m For Mass Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by nijanigga: 10:55am On May 19, 2013
Kalu made his money by transporting and carrying fish from North to the east,vice-versa.Dubious, for anybody to be saying this at this age is playing with Nigeria's intelligence. How much oil did he transported and how many fish are there in lake chad? These guys are day light robbers.

1 Like

Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by peleson: 10:56am On May 19, 2013
YES Orji Kalu was the richest of all the governors and was known world-wide . He was the only politician from Nigeria that was known World-Wide by World leaders. He was richer than all the 35governors combined in 1999. He was a Chief Financier of PDP.
OBJ confessed of Having NO money to run for an election. OBJ assets was not more than 200million naira combined b4 1999 Elections.
OBj 1st travel as a president was with Orji Kalu simply because Orji was more Widely known and recognised.
Orji Kalu, I admire his charisma n wealth BUT he CONTRIBUTED in NO small measure to the ills that befalls Abia State today. He defrauded that state n worst of ALL installing His house boy thief t.a orji
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by Zet72(m): 10:57am On May 19, 2013
payless: I know some Igbos are coming to brand Kalu a bastard and sellout for daring to say Jonathan is not an Igbo man. I do support Igbo Presidency. Rocha is a very good option. Chuba Okadigbo was one Igbo man I had wanted as President. May God bless his soul! I love Okadigbo's swagger. He was a true Nigerian to the core. He was not bigoted like the unprecedented number of illiterates from SE who parade themselves on nairaland. Ken Nnamani is another great Igbo man who does not think like the touts we have on nairaland.

I don't know why Igbos can't put people like Nnamani forward to be Presidential candidate. Nnamani is loved by Yoruba, Hausa and other tribes.
Are u a cry baby...U are actually crying more than the bereaved
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by Policewoman(f): 11:07am On May 19, 2013
And in return he allowed you to govern your state like a fiefdom, for 8 good years, looting and embezzling funds with your mama as you guys pleased. After that he also didnt unleash his dog, EFCC on you. Therefore sir, OBJ has repaid his debts to you.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by MBG4Real(m): 11:07am On May 19, 2013
Kalu stop deceiving poor ones like us who are trying to start a business. How can you make that kind of money from carrying fish from north to east and palm oil to the north. If you want to help your bros, tell us how you made the millions. If you can't, then one thing is certain, it is an illegal wealth you got. Made either from oil bonkering , 419 or rituals.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by oniwo(m): 11:08am On May 19, 2013
He said his return to PDP was to give the party a second chance and to see if he could make positive changes in the party.
What has he done for his fellow abians or after stealing im people moni more than #100 billion for 8 good years and come out yau rubish.
Iwo nu OLORUN nu.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by peleson: 11:09am On May 19, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Saminu Turaki donated 17 billion naira to yardua campaign but didn't make noise about it.Why is this one acting weird because of 100 million ? Y'all are fu'c'king criminals and stop trying to picture yourself as a saint !
Ibrahim Saminu Turaki, a former governor of jigawa state embazzled more than N37billion and has a case to answer before efcc
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by eagleeye2: 11:11am On May 19, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

N100 million = $600,000 dollars

Something tells me PDP has a LOT more money than that. I'm sure a single house of reps member (from any party) spends more than that on an election.
Dude he was talking about 1999. Just immediately after Abdusalami handed over. 100,000million in 1999 was quite a lot of money.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by Nobody: 11:14am On May 19, 2013
Scarpon: 100 million? I swear to become a politician some day

Sharrap and go and hustle. I trust Ibo boys when it comes to hustling...

If you want to be rich in Nigeria, try transportation/haulage. The likes of Dangote, Orji Kalu, Rochas and many others owe their initial wealth to this line of business.

This is the first time Kalu is talking with humanity in him. Obasanjo cannot refute these claims. Am sure... One thing has kept kalu from being a victim of Obasanjo's vindictiveness, wealth and knowledge. Kalu knows what OBJ knows. Datz all. Otherwise Kalu would have been rottting in prison or be an ex-convict in the likes of Ibori and Alamieghesiegha.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by oniwo(m): 11:14am On May 19, 2013
peleson: YES Orji Kalu was the richest of all the governors and was known world-wide . He was the only politician from Nigeria that was known World-Wide by World leaders. He was richer than all the 35governors combined in 1999. He was a Chief Financier of PDP.
OBJ confessed of Having NO money to run for an election. OBJ assets was not more than 200million naira combined b4 1999 Elections.
OBj 1st travel as a president was with Orji Kalu simply because Orji was more Widely known and recognised.
Orji Kalu, I admire his charisma n wealth BUT he CONTRIBUTED in NO small measure to the ills that befalls Abia State today. He defrauded that state n worst of ALL installing His house boy thief t.a orji

Which country recognised ORJI KALU than the heavy weight OBJ before 1999.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by Nobody: 11:18am On May 19, 2013
payless: I know some Igbos are coming to brand Kalu a bastard and sellout for daring to say Jonathan is not an Igbo man. I do support Igbo Presidency. Rocha is a very good option. Chuba Okadigbo was one Igbo man I had wanted as President. May God bless his soul! I love Okadigbo's swagger. He was a true Nigerian to the core. He was not bigoted like the unprecedented number of illiterates from SE who parade themselves on nairaland. Ken Nnamani is another great Igbo man who does not think like the touts we have on nairaland.

I don't know why Igbos can't put people like Nnamani forward to be Presidential candidate. Nnamani is loved by Yoruba, Hausa and other tribes.

Yes, former Senate President Ken Nnamani is an honourable man.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by eagleeye2: 11:18am On May 19, 2013
nijanigga: Kalu made his money by transporting and carrying fish from North to the east,vice-versa.Dubious, for anybody to be saying this at this age is playing with Nigeria's intelligence. How much oil did he transported and how many fish are there in lake chad? These guys are day light robbers.

You wouldn't expect him to tell you that he was once involved in the smuggling of Okrika into the country, or that he was once an IBB boy in the courier of that white powder (as some have alleged).
But for a fact the man Kalu was already rich prior to 1999.
Today he has expanded into oil & gas, shipping, & Airline businesses.
As Balzac once said "There is No Great Wealth without a Crime"

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by eagleeye2: 11:23am On May 19, 2013
oniwo:

Which country recognised ORJI KALU than the heavy weight OBJ before 1999.
OBJ, as of 1999 was just another ex military head of state who was being grateful to God for sparing his life in Abacha's gulag. It was some Northern heavy weights and IBB and his boys that Thrust the Reign of Power to OBJ.
Before 1999, OBJ did not have much. Moreover it has been rumoured by some individuals that Kalu happens to be a spy man for the Americans (I wouldn't believe such rumours though). The rumour was circulated after Kalu visited Camp David.

1 Like

Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by whitedove(m): 11:25am On May 19, 2013
wetin concern me?
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by martyns303(m): 11:27am On May 19, 2013
Orji is really wealthy, I remember my Grand Ma usually saying " do I look like Orji" when we ask her for money.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by naijaswag1: 11:30am On May 19, 2013
Washing dirty linings in public. That big mouthed aids to OBJ should have confirmed if the money was given or not and not talk about credibility as if he has is credible. Liars.

1 Like

Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by naijaswag1: 11:32am On May 19, 2013
eagle,eye:

OBJ, as of 1999 was just another ex military head of state who was being grateful to God for sparing his life in Abacha's gulag. It was some Northern heavy weights and IBB and his boys that Thrust the Reign of Power to OBJ.
Before 1999, OBJ did not have much. Moreover it has been rumoured by some individuals that Kalu happens to be a spy man for the Americans (I wouldn't believe such rumours though). The rumour was circulated after Kalu visited Camp David.

It is not easy to visit Camp David. That is the war room of America. War proclamations are made from there
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by eagleeye2: 11:32am On May 19, 2013
Policewoman: And in return he allowed you to govern your state like a fiefdom, for 8 good years, looting and embezzling funds with your mama as you guys pleased. After that he also didnt unleash his dog, EFCC on you. Therefore sir, OBJ has repaid his debts to you.
After the 2003 eleection, Kalu fell out of favour with OBJ. He was one of the few people who urged Turaki Adamawa, Atiku Abubarka to take power from OBJ by contesting the 2003 election. That singular lost of opportunity has cost Atiku thee Presidency forever.
If you know OBJ, you will know that there is no way in hell that he would have allowed Kalu after that*betrayal*. I can remember sometime during the Third Term Bruhaha, that EFCC operatives were sent to arrest Mother Excellency, Kalu's personal security had to eengage them in a gun battle untill the eearly hours of the morning.
When the EFCC came back with re-inforcement Kalu's mother has already left the country.
I don't know what Kalu has on OBJ, but him and Tinubu were the only Governors of that era that dared OBJ and didn't rot in jail.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by eagleeye2: 11:33am On May 19, 2013
naija_swag:

It is not easy to visit Camp David. That is the war room of America. War proclamations are made from there

Believe it or not, Kalu has visited Camp David. If you have people in the know, they may reveal more about that guy.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by homey4real: 11:35am On May 19, 2013
ORJI UZOR KALU may be right in his assertions. The burden now shift to OBJ to proof that he did not receieve such amount from Kalu or forever remains a Man that bikes the finger that once fed him
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by sweetgala(m): 11:40am On May 19, 2013

They have no interest in putting forward their best foot, but their bigoted left one. They have a serious passion for rubbing other Nigerians the bad way. It would be their downfall.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by Nobody: 11:41am On May 19, 2013
eagle,eye:

Dude he was talking about 1999. Just immediately after Abdusalami handed over. 100,000million in 1999 was quite a lot of money.

DOnt mind this bob guy.. I want him to ask his father how much he had in his account as at 1999.. He will be shocked.. a man evenhandedly donated 200,000,000 to a party in 1999..
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by Nobody: 11:45am On May 19, 2013
oniwo: He said his return to PDP was to give the party a second chance and to see if he could make positive changes in the party.
What has he done for his fellow abians or after stealing im people moni more than #100 billion for 8 good years and come out yau rubish.
Iwo nu OLORUN nu.

HE turned Igbere into a small london with well tarred roads, electricity and borehole allover. He made at least 100 multi-millionaires out of Igbere boys. His house at Igbere is CAMP NEYA. But he still wiped the state coffers. T.A Orji, his boy is doing better, but he is developing the wrong sector. T.A. Is killing businesses and neglecting bad roads while he is busy building mansions as government offices. For Christ sake, government policies must not be formulated from sky scrapers.

Kalu was aiming too high when he went for Presidency knowing OBJ would use power of incumbency to install whoever he liked as successor from same party. He would have remained a senator till date if he had chosen such path and remained relevant politically.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by kaeto(m): 11:49am On May 19, 2013

you call us touts but the world knows who the touts are, even the father of all touts is a yoruba man, you and i know him, but to avoid a ban lets avoid name calling. We as Igbos understand more than you people think, we are selflessly going to support GEJ again in 2015 because, as they said, he is not of Igbo origin but he has proven Igbo than many igbos you mention and for 2015, any Igbo man running for the presidency will only be out to waste his sponsors' funds and nothing more. 2015 is not the end of the world, when God says it's igbo's, even the cowardly scary's can't stop us.

1 Like

Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by johnwizey: 11:50am On May 19, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Saminu Turaki donated 17 billion naira to yardua campaign but didn't make noise about it.Why is this one acting weird because of 100 million ? Y'all are fu'c'king criminals and stop trying to picture yourself as a saint !
bluetooth,bluetooth,bluetooth, hw many times did i call u? Y u like to dey lie,hw can someone donate 17 billion naira to Umaru. Hw mch Ya'adua worth sef? Na im papa born Umaru?
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by lain: 11:59am On May 19, 2013
~Bluetooth:

donated 17 billion... I suppose you dont know the amount you are calling or u made a mistake or you want me to belive this lie coming from the bottom of hell.. Please stop spreading fictitious tales, we have so many young people on nairaland who are easily decieved by such fictitious statements..
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by GoodSamaritan: 12:07pm On May 19, 2013
Kalu needs help.

How many times will u continue to say this?

Ok, we don hear.
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by blexon: 12:13pm On May 19, 2013
Hmmm no wonder civil servant salaries were nt bn paid... Donating when ppl in ur state re suffering.o dikwa very risky
Re: Kalu Gave Obasanjo N100m For 1999 Elections by lertee(f): 12:17pm On May 19, 2013
even if he dint say it,we all knew he did put money down for obasanjo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki's Eyes Now On 2019 - Senator Misau! / EFCC Operatives Leave Fani-kayode’s Home / LASG Commissions 120 Patrol Vehicles, 35 Patrol Motorcycles (More Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.