Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,524 members, 7,854,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:19 PM

Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? (27338 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. / Testimony Of HEAVEN & HELL & The Condition Of Today’s Church – By Rodolfo Aceved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 11:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
frosbel:

correct.

v15 I meant.

15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

after which we move to Revelation 21:4 where it says :

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

I wonder why death will no more exist but still exist , hmmmm

cheesy

The human is made up of spirit, soul and the body. The human spirit is immortal unlike the body that dies once. If you have vine's dictionary take a careful study of what God meant about creating men in his image and in his likeness. We are in the likeness of God(Genesis 1:27), palmist said he only created us a little lower than Himself (Psalm 8:4-cool( wrongly translated as angels). Do you mean God who Jesus said is a Spirit is mortal? Or what is your understanding of ' Image and Likeness'?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
^^

No, GOD says that DEATH will no longer exist period !

"He will swallow up death forever.....! " - Isaiah 25:8

or

"Death has been swallowed up in victory." - 1 Corinthians 15:54
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
alexleo:

chapter 21 was now talking about whats going on in the new heaven and new earth. wetin concern those in lake of fire with the place you quoted?
Read from chapter one of it and you ll see that the focus here is completely out from the lake of fire being discussed in the previous chapter. Are you mixing it up bros?

or

or

"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:26
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
frosbel:

what about it ?

Sure that is not talking of a grave, it spoke of an actual place called Hell, where some angels who messed up are being kept, so where did get 'No Hell Theory'?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
superior1:

The human is made up of spirit, soul and the body. The human spirit is immortal unlike the body that dies once. If you have vine's dictionary take a careful study of what God meant about creating men in his image and in his likeness. We are in the likeness of God(Genesis 1:27), palmist said he only created us a little lower than Himself (Psalm 8:4-cool( wrongly translated as angels). Do you mean God who Jesus said is a Spirit is mortal? Or what is your understanding of ' Image and Likeness'?

Only GOD is immortal and Jesus by his resurrection .

"who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen." - 1 Timothy 6:16

MAN is not a spirit, GOD is a spirit, MAN is a living SOUL made up of dust and the spirit ( or life ) of God in him.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 11:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
frosbel: ^^

or

Bro, read that chapter from the beginning. Haba! Any student of the Bible knows this!! That chapter is talking of the resurrection of the elect, we shall put on immortality and death will be no more, grave will have no more power over us, death where is thy string, grave where is thy victory?!!

Read that chapter in its entirety and comment again, do you have tools like strong's concordance and vine's bible dictionary?,get them and do like 2Timo2:15

3 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 12:03am On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

or

or

You are mixing it up. Verse 21 was talking about the new heaven and the new earth. Noo mixing up pls. Lets stick to the scripture. Whose tears will God wipe away? Tears of those in the lake of fire?

Here is the chapter in question. from verses 1-7

21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John,[a] saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
[/b]
5 [b]Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.”
And He said to me,[b] “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

6 And He said to me, “It is done![c] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things,[d] and I will be his God and he shall be My son.

This is completely for those who overcame.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by shdemidemi(m): 12:04am On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

or

or

This death that would be swallowed up is not universal cos there is a caveat, you have to be in the right standing with God. The enemies of God -the goats, will go into everlasting punishment.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 16, 2013
superior1:

Bro, read that chapter from the beginning. Haba! Any student of the Bible knows this!! That chapter is talking of the resurrection of the elect, we shall put on immortality and death will be no more, grave will have no more power over us, death where is thy string, grave where is thy victory?!!

Read that chapter in its entirety and comment again, do you have tools like strong's concordance and vine's bible dictionary?,get them and do like 2Timo2:15
Welcome to the bible twister called frosbel.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2013
superior1:

Sure that is not talking of a grave, it spoke of an actual place called Hell, where some angels who messed up are being kept, so where did get 'No Hell Theory'?

For the benefit of doubt , how does this relate to MAN ?

smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2013
Bidam: Welcome to the bible twister called frosbel.

and the Tithe fraudster , Bidam.

grin
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 12:15am On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

Only GOD is immortal and Jesus by his resurrection .

"who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen." - 1 Timothy 6:16

MAN is not a spirit, GOD is a spirit, MAN is a living SOUL made up of dust and the spirit ( or life ) of God in him.

Na na, read 2 Thessa 5:23. Paul said I pray God to sanctify your Spirit, Soul and Body.

Job 32:8
New International Version
But it is the spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding.

New Living Translation
But there is a spirit within people, the breath of the Almighty within them, that makes them intelligent.

1Timo6:16 again you take that verse out of context, read the whole chapter!
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

and the Tithe fraudster , Bidam.

grin
What has tithe got to do with this thread? Olodo.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 16, 2013
shdemidemi:

This death that would be swallowed up is not universal cos there is a caveat, you have to be in the right standing with God. The enemies of God -the goats, will go into everlasting punishment.

Again and again, you seem not to grasp the basics.

Let starts again from Genesis.

In Genesis, MAN was faced with two choices, immortaility through obedience or death through disobedience, unfortunately man chose the later.

To prevent MAN from living forever in a sinful condition, GOD removed him from the garden and prevented him from eating the tree of life, lest he should live forever , we read :

"And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." - Genesis 3:22

When MAN sinned, the only judgements passed down to him were :

1. Pain in child birth
2. Toil and sweat to eat bread.
3. DEATH.

Nothing else.

We are all faced with the same choices today, life or death.

Regarding everlasting , eternal etc, I really do not know why this is difficult for you to grasp.

If some one dies forever, is this not eternal or everlasting ? , meaning a punishment of everlasting , irreversible consequences.

Death will cease to exist, forever.

smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 12:18am On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

For the benefit of doubt , how does this relate to MAN ?

smiley

Then you agree there is Hell then?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 16, 2013
superior1:

Yes, HELL as translated Gehenna aka lake of fire.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 16, 2013
superior1:

Na na, read 2 Thessa 5:23. Paul said I pray God to sanctify your Spirit, Soul and Body.

But it is the spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding.

New Living Translation
But there is a spirit within people, the breath of the Almighty within them, that makes them intelligent.

I have addressed this point in previous posts in great detail, I trust you might want to refer to them.

MAN is a mortal being and is not a spirit.

The spirit mentioned by Paul is the gift of life or inner consciousness.
The body is the dust
The SOUL is the entire MAN, intellect, will, emotions etc.

When a MAN dies he sleeps till the resurrection.

As James succintly put it :

"For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead." - James 2:26

Go back to Genesis 2;7 , MAN only became a SOUL when the spirit or breath of GOD entered him.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 12:24am On Jul 16, 2013
alexleo:

You are mixing it up. Verse 21 was talking about the new heaven and the new earth. Noo mixing up pls. Lets stick to the scripture. Whose tears will God wipe away? Tears of those in the lake of fire? No sir.

21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John,[a] saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
[/b]

6 And He said to me, “It is done![c] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things,[d] and I will be his God and he shall be My son.

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 16, 2013
[quote author=alexleo]

You are mixing it up. Verse 21 was talking about the new heaven and the new earth. Noo mixing up pls. Lets stick to the scripture. Whose tears will God wipe away? Tears of those in the lake of fire?

Then we have a problem.

In v.10 it says that the devil, beast and false prophet will be tormented day and night forever and ever, but how can this be, considering that they will be in total darkness or outer darkness for want of a better word where there is no day.

Please explain.

smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 12:28am On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

I have addressed this point in previous posts in great detail, I trust you might want to refer to them.

The body is the dust

"For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead." - [b]James 2:26

[/b]

Go back to Genesis 2;7 , MAN only became a SOUL when the spirit or breath of GOD entered him.

Now you agree the bollded that james said. How about the one Paul said about spirit,body and soul?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 16, 2013
alexleo:

Now you agree the bollded that james said. How about the one Paul said about spirit,body and soul?

You missed my explanation a few posts away.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 12:44am On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

Again and again, you seem not to grasp the basics.

Let starts again from Genesis.

In Genesis, MAN was faced with two choices, immortaility through obedience or death through disobedience, unfortunately man chose the later.

To prevent MAN from living forever in a sinful condition, GOD removed him from the garden and prevented him from eating the tree of life, lest he should live forever , we read :

"And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." - Genesis 3:22

When MAN sinned, the only judgements passed down to him were :

1. Pain in child birth
2. Toil and sweat to eat bread.
3. DEATH.

Nothing else.

We are all faced with the same choices today, life or death.

Regarding everlasting , eternal etc, I really do not know why this is difficult for you to grasp.

If some one dies forever, is this not eternal or everlasting ? , meaning a punishment of everlasting , irreversible consequences.

Death will cease to exist, forever.

smiley

Bro, good bible study materials and a quality time spent with the Holy Spirit can make you understand these things better.

Death means separation from two things, when you come across words like this first determine the exact Hebrew or Greek word used as you might have also discover English is actually poor atimes to elucidate and define a word correctly

Death doesn't mean annihilation or removing from existence. Like I said earlier, it means separation eg I can tell you I am dead to football, does it mean any body died?, it just tell you I am separated from the round leather game.

I need to tell you again to study to show yourself to approve to God.

Now consider the following types of death, to further show you what I am trying to explain

Physical death

Eccl 12:7

body and soul

spiritual death

Isa 59:1-2

man and God

second death

Rev 21:8; 22:14-15

man and God

dead to sin

Rom 6:2,11; Heb 7:26

Christians and Sin

dead to law

Rom 7:4
Christians and law

marriage dissolved by death

1 Cor 7:39
man and woman

2 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 12:47am On Jul 16, 2013
Mintayo:

You better read d Bible and ask for the Holy Spirit's(if u believ in Him),u v been decieved so well-that Genesis u quote is talking abt abraham's body(corruptible body),not an incorruptible(1 cor 15:42-44) which we will have at d resurection-everybody will die and b buried and become dust= dis is talkin abt our body!
Psalm 9:17=The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

I pray that the Lord will deliver you!

Sorry, the Genesis is talking about Adam.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 12:48am On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel: Then we have a problem.

In v.10 it says that the devil, beast and false prophet will be tormented day and night forever and ever, but how can this be, considering that they will be in total darkness or outer darkness for want of a better word where there is no day.

Please explain.

So are you implying that the scripture is wrong? No sir. We dont have any problem here. We will still stick to what the scripture said. It said day and night forever and ever. Thats what it is. We dont add or minus what he has said based on what we think we know.

Day and night was also mentioned about heavenly activities in Revelation 4:8.- 8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:

“Holy, holy, holy,[f]
Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come!”

Revelation 7:15. - 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, [b]and serve Him day and night [/b]in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them.

yet in heaven there is no need of the sun or moon because the glory of God lightens it as stated here-

Revelation 21:23- 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it,[j] for the glory[k] of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.

Lets stick to the bible
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 12:50am On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

Yes, HELL as translated Gehenna aka lake of fire.

2Peter 2:4 is not Gehenna but Tartarus. Anyway, that is not the point. Then do you agree the following about Hell
1. It is still existing and will continue existing
2. It is a place of suffering
3. Immortal spirits delivered into it will suffer for eternity
Just indicate which you do not agree with and if you do with hell, let me know
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 12:53am On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

The body is the dust

"For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead." - James 2:26

Ok, let's take this way ' what is soul and spirit', are there any differences between the two?

Can you do a favor and look at the original greek/ hebrew of every place the word spirit is used as relating to man and if it has a definite difference with the word rendered as soul?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 1:10am On Jul 16, 2013
olumyde: frosbel, truthislight, and co will continue to avoid this my conclusion. Cos what they are trying to do, is to water down God's judgement, so it doesn't look so bad to unbelievers. While Jesus was literaryly scaring ppl, yes, scaring ppl, in Mark 9 with hell or gehena or whatever you call it.

You need to upgrade, Jesus christ did not used the word 'hell' since he did not speak latin.

He used the word Gehenna, a refused dump outside the walls of Jerusalem.

Help yourself and improved your knowledge.

Peace.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 7:00am On Jul 16, 2013
alexleo:

[/b]

This is after death was cast into the lake of fire in verse 14 of chapter 20 of Revelation.

That is why there is no more death in verse 4 of the next chapter 21.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 7:06am On Jul 16, 2013
superior1:

New Living Translation

You are repeating soul two times.

Body and spirit = Soul. Gen 2:7

so, that place is talking about the complete man and his spirituality being kept in God's favour till the end.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 7:08am On Jul 16, 2013
superior1:

Lol. Tatarus means prison.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 7:12am On Jul 16, 2013
superior1:

Bro, good bible study materials and a quality time spent with the Holy Spirit can make you understand these things better.

Death means separation from two things, when you come across words like this first determine the exact Hebrew or Greek word used as you might have also discover English is actually poor atimes to elucidate and define a word correctly

Death doesn't mean annihilation or removing from existence. Like I said earlier, it means separation eg I can tell you I am dead to football, does it mean any body died?, it just tell you I am separated from the round leather game.

I need to tell you again to study to show yourself to approve to God.

Now consider the following types of death, to further show you what I am trying to explain

Physical death

Eccl 12:7

body and soul

spiritual death

Isa 59:1-2

man and God

second death

Rev 21:8; 22:14-15

man and God

dead to sin

Rom 6:2,11; Heb 7:26

Christians and Sin

dead to law

Rom 7:4
Christians and law

marriage dissolved by death

1 Cor 7:39
man and woman

see what the bible calls death:

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 9:5-6).
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 7:15am On Jul 16, 2013
superior1:

2Peter 2:4 is not Gehenna but Tartarus. Anyway, that is not the point. Then do you agree the following about Hell
1. It is still existing and will continue existing
2. It is a place of suffering
3. Immortal spirits delivered into it will suffer for eternity
Just indicate which you do not agree with and if you do with hell, let me know

Hell is a latin word. Think!

It was not the original word used by bible writers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply)

Jonathan Shuttlesworth: "Bishop Oyedepo Laid Hands On Me & I Got $1.1m After" / Pope Francis Laments Terrorist Attack On St Francis Xavier Church, Owo, Nigeria / Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.