Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge (22585 Views)

'Jonathan Refused To Approve Fourth Mainland Bridge' – Ambode / Lagos Seeks Concessionaires For Fourth Mainland Bridge / What Are Your Views On Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by EkoIle1: 9:36am On May 20, 2013
Jaidey-one:
Mr man prepared to be fired. This is an own goal against your pay master. Igbos have been clamouring for 2nd NB for at least 13years of PDP presidency. The suspension bridge Lagos built in no time is longer than the proposed 2nd NB. 4th MB is going to be 26km long. You don't compare a 26km bridge to a bridge that is less than 800m. The FG with the huge resource at it's disposal can't even build a 1km bridge yet you can come here and spew trash about the delay of the 4th MB. Vote fashola as president and i can assure you igbos would get a suspension bridge across river niger in no time.

Ikoyi bridge is 1.358km and started and completed within one single administration....
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by EkoIle1: 9:39am On May 20, 2013
Jaidey-one:
lol show them the bridge jare ore mi cheesy this is longer than the proposed 2nd niger bridge o

I just don't know what's wrong with these shallow and shameless people... Where is your pride and dignity after begging for a little bridge for 14 long years and till today all you have is mouth talk and platitudes..?

smh..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Teminio: 9:45am On May 20, 2013
This project is taking too long to commence. I hope this talk is not a campaign gimmick again as 2015 approaches.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by dammytosh: 9:47am On May 20, 2013
Don't know wether to be happy or sad. undecided

No major project from ACN will not be hyper inflated and without a TOLL GATE.

(Shoprite Ikeja, Lekki Ajah, The new bridge)

God will deliver Nigeria from these beasts and generation of politicians. Unfortunately, they seems fair compared to those PDP rogues but they are also armed robbers. undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by seunfly: 9:49am On May 20, 2013
nkem Kalu: ....U are just the biggest fooooool of this century. How can u compare a state Governor doing this marvellous work of 26KM bridge with a useless federal government that cannot do a Niger bridge that is not up to IKM?....over how many years now? The resources available to the federal govt is much more than what is available to all the 36 states put together. Na wahooooooooo
I wonder ooooOOh!
We just build up sentiment and told ourself lies yet we will still believe our own lies. They can't see nor think very well and that is why he is comparing 600m bridge with 26000m bridge that has space for shops and other human activities.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by raphead: 9:57am On May 20, 2013
Eko Ile:

I just don't know what's wrong with these shallow and shameless people... Where is your pride and dignity after begging for a little bridge for 14 long years and till today all you have is mouth talk and platitudes..?

smh..

shame on pdp. shame on the foot soliders of the status quo of thievery.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by romanlaw(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2013
Pls why the noise? Is that not the govt's duty? abi na me go build bridge for them? Must All Fashola's work be on the pages of newspaper? Abegi!! Tell us how much is Tifnubu's share.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Jaideyone(m): 10:03am On May 20, 2013
romanlaw: PLS WHY THE NOISE? IS THAT NOT THE GOVT'S DUTY? ABI NA ME GO BUILD BRIDGE FOR THEM? MUST EVERY FASHOLA'S WORK BE ON THE PAGES OF NEWSPAPER? ABEGI!! TELL US HOW MUCH IS TIFNUBU'S SHARE.
oh really? If infrastructural development is not reported on the pages of news papers what should be reported You need to be educated

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 10:08am On May 20, 2013
I wasn't interested in posting a comment on this thread initially but I had to join the fray since ACN e-warriors have turned this mere expression of INTENT to an instrument for political campaign.

The report below remind all of us that this is not the first time the ACN led Lagos state govt is expressing its INTENT to build the 4th Mainland Bridge:

** Feb 6, 2001 - LASG To Build 4th Mainland Bridge, 15 Major Roads

In the bid to fulfill its promise to build the 4th Lagos Mainland Bridge and construct a ring road round the city, the Lagos State Commissioner for Works, Engineer Rauf Aregbesola yesterday performed the official opening of bids for the private Sector Participation in Roads development programme.

According to Engineer Aregbesola, while speaking at the occasion, the building of the 4th Lagos Mainland Bridge, which will link the entire Lagos Island, Victoria Island and Ikoyi with Ikorodu would greatly help at decongesting the traffic and openup the Langbasa/Epe Express Road and Ikorodu Axis to development. The 26 kilometre road will also link up with another Ikorodu 18 Kilometre long (Isawo) - Ibadan Expressway (by Isheri) without motorists having to go through the ever-congested Mile 12/Ketu Market.
http://asiwajubolatinubu.com/archives/news/2001/02/06/20010206N01.html

How is the above statement of INTENT made in 2001 different from another statement of INTENT in this thread? Has the feasibility studies and other preliminary works been done? Is the contract awarded and to which firm? At what COST? When do we expect real work to begin? What is the time frame for COMPLETION of work?

Obviously, the Op did not provide answers to any of those questions. Until these answers are provided, the whole thing is a hoax

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Chinom(m): 10:09am On May 20, 2013
Only God knows when this bridge will become a reality. Talk is cheap. I really don't think LASG can do it alone. It's a massive project. I really hope i can use that bridge in my lifetime. I'm camped at Ikorodu right now. We need that bridge.

For the buffons argueing here, how the heck did GEJ get involved in this ?. In my opinion, he remains the best president we've had to date. Both the 4th mainland bridge and the 2nd Niger bridge will serve ALL Nigerians. We are all paying for the 4th mainland bridge. Lagos is BEYOND any parochial, ethnic sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 10:14am On May 20, 2013
billante: Excuse Excuse Excuses! Just get d work done we don't want to hear any excuses......was he expecting not to encounter any challenges, if its GEJ now he is clueless....when federal govt says the contractors working on its road project are being kidnapped and affecting d pace of d work,the ACN laptop gang will starting the regular sermon of cluelessness of GEJ, now their master is giving excuses upon excuses and they clap for him.

FG promised 2nd niger bridge two yrs ago and real construction work is about starting while Lasg promise 4th mainland bridge since tinubu administration and they are still discussing on right of way 16 yrs after!!

Who is now clueless

Must you play politics with everything? I am not partisan but I have to say we should roundly commend good things. The longest bridge in Africa is currently the Third Mainland Bridge at 11.8km, Fashola wants to build a bridge that is more than double that and you talk of excuses. This bridge is not just going to be by miles the longest in Africa but one of the longest in the whole world.

Have you seen the new suspended bridge - the first of its kind in West Africa? Have you been to Carter Bridge, Oshodi or Apongbon lately. Can you see how clean those places are. The same man is deep into a rail project that costs billions. And for all of that he governs the most populous city/State in the most populous country in Africa. How much resources do you think he has. Most of the taxes the man generates is sent to the Federal government where is it squandered. Do you want to compare him to Rivers state where a Bridge actually collapsed? Odili spent billions building a fly-over two-lane bridge, on Aba road. What the hell are you saying?

Please, we should not politicise everything, this man is doing great by any standards.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by TonySpike: 10:20am On May 20, 2013
I'd like Eko-ile to answer this question. As much as I like the model of the fourth mainland bridge, are there any provisions made for train/light rail tracks on this prestigious project? It'd be bad if no such plans are included in this wonderful project.

I particularly love the innovative and iconic designs of bridges being undertaken by LASG these days. First, the Lekki-Ikoyi bridge and then, this. They are a complete deviation from the "boring" bridges designs we have around Nigeria. This particular design would be the first of its kind in AFRICA being a DOUBLE DECKED bridge. I am also wondering how many shopping sections would occupy the long "lower" deck span of 26 km, I do hope this deck would have some form of transportation for tourists. This will be the biggest and the most ambitious bridge project after the duo of Third Mainland and the Lekki-Ikoyi bridges (perhaps the biggest in Africa). I am very much happy for Lagos...

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Omexonomy: 10:26am On May 20, 2013
Next time learn to compare fash to ur stupid and clueless governos of south east who are only spending ur scanty resources on media hype e.g that cockroach called okorocha.
nkem Kalu: ....U are just the biggest fooooool of this century. How can u compare a state Governor doing this marvellous work of 26KM bridge with a useless federal government that cannot do a Niger bridge that is not up to IKM?....over how many years now? The resources available to the federal govt is much more than what is available to all the 36 states put together. Na wahooooooooo
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by raphead: 10:27am On May 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I didnt want to comment on this thread initially but I had to join the fray since ACN e-warriors have turned this mere expression of INTENT to an instrument for political campaign.

The report below remind all of us that this is not the first time the ACN led Lagos state govt is expressing its INTENT to build the 4th Mainland Bridge:

** Feb 6, 2001 - LASG To Build 4th Mainland Bridge, 15 Major Roads

In the bid to fulfill its promise to build the 4th Lagos Mainland Bridge and construct a ring road round the city, the Lagos State Commissioner for Works, Engineer Rauf Aregbesola yesterday performed the official opening of bids for the private Sector Participation in Roads development programme.

According to Engineer Aregbesola, while speaking at the occasion, the building of the 4th Lagos Mainland Bridge, which will link the entire Lagos Island, Victoria Island and Ikoyi with Ikorodu would greatly help at decongesting the traffic and openup the Langbasa/Epe Express Road and Ikorodu Axis to development. The 26 kilometre road will also link up with another Ikorodu 18 Kilometre long (Isawo) - Ibadan Expressway (by Isheri) without motorists having to go through the ever-congested Mile 12/Ketu Market.
http://asiwajubolatinubu.com/archives/news/2001/02/06/20010206N01.html

How is the above statement of INTENT made in 2001 different from another statement of INTENT in this thread? Has the feasibility studies and other preliminary works been done? Is the contract awarded and to which firm? At what COST? When do we expect real work to begin? What is the time frame for COMPLETION of work?

Obviously, the Op did not provide answers to any of those questions. Until these answers are provided, the whole thing is a hoax

hello insecure9ja, the grandfather of your destructive party (obasanjo). seized lagos monthly allocation and we still able to survive if you asking why the bridge was not delivered then. it will make sense you direct your aggression to the ota farmer.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Omexonomy: 10:30am On May 20, 2013
Gej should award the contract to ur clueless and stupid brother BABALAKIN ur fellow brother in crime.
Jaidey-one:
the arguement is ill-concieved and irrational. Will GEJ go there and build the bridge with his own hands Even my kid bro can't put forward this kind of arguement. The resources available at fashola's disposal is not even up to 1/50 of what is available at GEJ's disposal. What's stopping your Jonathan from awarding the contract, making sure work starts on time and prosecuting those that might want to embezzle the funds
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by mapet: 10:45am On May 20, 2013
The values accruable from the 4MB is to sweet to ignore. Femi Pedro (Tinubu's Deputy Governor, impeached and now of the PDP folk)was the chairman of the special committee set up on the 4MB project. At pre-Fashola's goberniatorial debate, both Pedro and Fashola momentarily floored Jimi Agbaje on the issue of the 4MB. Jimi Agbje had voluntaired his oppinion that the 4MB is a white elephant project.

Femi Pedro, was even more vociferous. He said he was not suprised, that Jimi Agbaje's biggest experience was governing a 35man company, so would not understand the working of governing a state. Femi Pedro told the world that do we know that apart from international investors, 7Nigerian banks had committed to funding the 4MB.

My thoughts;
1. The 4MB is a mega necessity.
2. If you ask me, I think the project scope be expanded now or phased into 2. I think rail lines should also be build along that axis.
3. I lived in Ikorodu for 8years. After 8years, I recently visited areas like Igbogbo, Ijede, Bayeku etc and I was stunned at the extent of land mass.
4. The "volume of crowd" constantly moving to that area is jaw-dropping.
5. Match this with commerce and you'll be sure that the business activities this will house is going to be in tremendous figures.
6. I hoping to make inroads into Agri-Business, and Ikorodu is my target area for farm land. What do I see? Export. 4MB-to-Lekki expressay - Free trade zone ports. It does not take rocket science to see the way the new planners of lagos are thinking.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Jaideyone(m): 10:47am On May 20, 2013
Omexonomy: Gej should award the contract to ur clueless and stupid brother BABALAKIN ur fellow brother in crime.
i bet you have alcohol as CSF. U didn't adress the issues i brought up in that post. JB has been awarded the contract. Why is work yet to start Maybe the FG is finding it difficult to release money for a 1km bridge!!!
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by gerald09(m): 10:53am On May 20, 2013
You see thess are the type of state government that actually signs MOU n dere is a 80% chance the will actually do what the MOU said, not like the Abia government which wuld probably be 10% chance of achieving the MOU.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Cocodiva: 10:54am On May 20, 2013
Love him or hate him, governour Fashola is a trailblazer in Nigeria. Eko o ni Baje o !

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 11:02am On May 20, 2013
Coco diva: Love him or hate him, governour Fashola is a trailblazer in Nigeria. Eko o ni Baje o !

Thank you, this is not about politics, it is about performance. Only three countries in the whole world would have bridges longer than the proposed one. China, USA and Thailand. And we cant compare China and USA to Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by nkemKalu: 11:04am On May 20, 2013
Omexonomy: Next time learn to compare fash to ur stupid and clueless governos of south east who are only spending ur scanty resources on media hype e.g that cockroach called okorocha.
EWU BURKINA FASO.......FASHOLA AND OKOROCHA ARE ON THE SAME PAGE. BUT UR USELESS T. A. ORJI OF PDP AND Jonathan ARE ON THE SAME LEVEL. MONKEY BANANA. ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME PDP GOATS
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 11:41am On May 20, 2013
romanlaw: Pls why the noise? Is that not the govt's duty? abi na me go build bridge for them? Must All Fashola's work be on the pages of newspaper? Abegi!! Tell us how much is Tifnubu's share.
What class are you? "must all Fashola's work be on the pages of newspaper" No,it must be on pages of the BIBLE. Ode
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 11:42am On May 20, 2013
romanlaw: Pls why the noise? Is that not the govt's duty? abi na me go build bridge for them? Must All Fashola's work be on the pages of newspaper? Abegi!! Tell us how much is Tifnubu's share.
What class are you? "must all Fashola's work be on the pages of newspaper" No,it must be on pages of the BIBLE.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 11:43am On May 20, 2013

Why are you making it so obvious that you are on the payroll of the ACN? And point of correction, wise old one: the "doing" of the bridge has not started yet. Its only an intent and maybe you should inform your paymasters that this intent to "do" this bridge has been on the cards for the last 12 years
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by asids55: 11:44am On May 20, 2013
billante: All of you that responded to my observation are just beating around d bush!

If we follow ACN critics they don't expect any excuses from FG no matter what is the challenge,
Just give us 24hrs electricity we don't want to know how u do it or what u face to get it down they always say

All am saying is they should also apply it to the ACN govt....don't expect us to condone ACN excuses while u can't condone FG own! Shekina!

abeg ask your self,since when have we been asking for constant power supply?
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by ivytechgurl: 11:51am On May 20, 2013
Menn...right time 2 buy land oh..It was forecasted during my MBA in the UK 5 yrs ago that lagos would be one of the top ten mega cities in the world, since then, I have been on the look out, there has indeed been a lot of growth and investment in lagos and I can just imagine what it will be in 5 yrs more to come..I've got to start investing sharp sharp..The magic of emerging economies...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by olivertwist: 11:54am On May 20, 2013
Jaidey-one:
Mr man prepare to be fired. This is an own goal against your pay master. Igbos have been clamouring for 2nd NB for at least 13years of PDP presidency. The suspension bridge Lagos built in no time is longer than the proposed 2nd NB. 4th MB is going to be 26km long. You don't compare a 26km bridge to a bridge that is less than 800m. The FG with the huge resource at it's disposal can't even build a 1km bridge yet you can come here and spew trash about the delay of the 4th MB. Vote fashola as president and i can assure you igbos would get a suspension bridge across river niger in no time.

On point. I just can't understand why some people keep comparing apples with oranges.

Eko o ni baje.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 11:55am On May 20, 2013
Chinom: Only God knows when this bridge will become a reality. Talk is cheap. I really don't think LASG can do it alone. It's a massive project. I really hope i can use that bridge in my lifetime. I'm camped at Ikorodu right now. We need that bridge.

For the buffons argueing here, how the heck did GEJ get involved in this ?. In my opinion, he remains the best president we've had to date. Both the 4th mainland bridge and the 2nd Niger bridge will serve ALL Nigerians. We are all paying for the 4th mainland bridge. Lagos is BEYOND any parochial, ethnic sentiments.

Spot on! Makes me sick in the stomach whenever cheapskates try to propagandise the most basic responsibilities and obligations of government. I blame this on those savage military boys who ravaged, brutalised & repressed folk to a state of mental surrender so much that most Lagosians now think the sun shines out of the backside of its rogue regional leaders.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by nkemKalu: 11:58am On May 20, 2013
DJTee:

Why are you making it so obvious that you are on the payroll of the ACN? And point of correction, wise old one: the "doing" of the bridge has not started yet. Its only an intent and maybe you should inform your paymasters that this intent to "do" this bridge has been on the cards for the last 12 years
......OK an intent abi?.....What is Niger Bridge? ....and how many years has that intent stayed?
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 20, 2013
nkem Kalu: ......OK an intent abi?.....What is Niger Bridge? ....and how many years has that intent stayed?

Did you read my post at all? If you want a debate, at least argue within the context of my response...Did I say anything about Niger bridge? Remind your paymasters that the 4th mainland bridge had been on the cards for far too long!!
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by yomexp(m): 12:08pm On May 20, 2013
you mean the lekki bridge is double decker? wow! i saw the bridge from afar the last time i was on the island mehn... that bridge is a beauty!

guys! guys!! guy!!!
remember the "DANA AIR CRASH SITE"? the area is under massive reconstruction now. i will bring pics when work has reached advanced stages.

eko oni baje o....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olusola Oke Campaigns In Owo, Akeredolu’s Stronghold (photos) / Soyinka To Expose Obasanjo, The 'Most Hypocritical' Former Leader In Nigeria / Deji Adeyanju: “Buhari Is Lifeless, Everyone Is Better Than Buhari”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.