Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge (22560 Views)

'Jonathan Refused To Approve Fourth Mainland Bridge' – Ambode / Lagos Seeks Concessionaires For Fourth Mainland Bridge / What Are Your Views On Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by raphead: 5:52pm On May 20, 2013
dayokanu:

And its not from Osundefender.com

is this not the paradise on earth this peeps make noise about all their existence. I think I prefer living in war torn Somalia than living anywhere close to this gully.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by billante(m): 5:54pm On May 20, 2013
Aigbofa:

And what exactly is your problem with what Yoruba get or doesn't get from Tinubu's hobnobbing with the north.
The only vicious circle I see here is the continued relegation of the SE to political irrelevance, if truth must be told.

See dis one! Btw SE and SW who is more politically irrelevant in dis present dispensation?

Tell me the highest post a yoruba man is holding presently!?

Coming regime still won't be different.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by abes(m): 5:59pm On May 20, 2013
FILEBE:

no... nooo nooo. that not a good reason for not using pillar na. Is it? you too .. look at the bridge na. the suspension thing is uncalled for if not for show-off or is there any reason why that part of the bridge is suspended? pardon my ignorance o.

Do you prefer something like this? It doesn't cost much.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by billante(m): 6:01pm On May 20, 2013
FILEBE:

no... nooo nooo. that not a good reason for not using pillar na. Is it? you too .. look at the bridge na. the suspension thing is uncalled for if not for show-off or is there any reason why that part of the bridge is suspended? pardon my ignorance o.

Don't mind them! They will be using trillions to build project worth billions and unnecessary squandering money just because they hav willingly ibo business men tax payers that give them lots of money to squander.......look at that small falomo ikoyi ramp dat is not up to 50 meters and they said they used 2.6 billion naira to construct it! A whooping 2.6 billion naira! SMH
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by yomexp(m): 6:01pm On May 20, 2013
FILEBE:

since you are ignorant; reference to you post. i suggest you sit back and read through the thread perhaps you might be educated. as to the essence of a suspended bridge.

honestly i chose my words very carefully..
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by CyberG: 6:05pm On May 20, 2013
FILEBE:

Why are you people so ignorant? You mean you are more informed than civil and engineers who designed it and built it? So you know it is uncalled for? Don't be silly but I will give you only a few hints in case you never took 1 hour of classes in engineering, you might have heard about fault tolerance, redundancy design, graceful degradation! How about stresses and static loading, you would encounter in civil and mechanical engineering courses? In Nigeria and Lagos, for instance, it is not unusual for traffic to build up for hours on a bridge. Bridges are not designed as parking lots, obviously, leading to static loading, more wear and the bridge not holding up to its maximum serviceable lifetime. If for example, during soil analysis of the bedrock, it is found that it is better to reinforce or create some redundancy in that portion of the bridge, what is wrong with that? Or, do you prefer the bridge caving in sooner than planned so that MUCH MORE money is lost to rehabilitate it or a disaster waiting to happen? Fault tolerant designs is the way any design engineer approaches a project but unlike the dirt roads that lead to your enclaves, like DK picture shows, other people with sane heads do things properly.

Should you think you are smarter by those who designed and built the semi-suspended bridge from the corner of your hut, first go and get a proper engineering degree then go and apply for bridge construction contracts and show us what inventiveness you have upstairs to build a better bridge!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by billante(m): 6:06pm On May 20, 2013
raphead:

is this not the paradise on earth this peeps make noise about all their existence. I think I prefer living in war torn Somalia than living anywhere close to this gully.

Can I show you yesterday picture of Ago place way at isolo? Even though u are bringing up a two year old pic,So we can compare the almighty yoruba land that is finer that singapore
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by raphead: 6:12pm On May 20, 2013
billante:

Can I show you yesterday picture of Ago place way at isolo? Even though u are bringing up a two year old pic,So we can compare the almighty yoruba land that is finer that singapore

I can help you with some pictures of unizik junction in akwa. okota and unizik junction akwa, which one is more beneficial to their respectively state citizens and economy??
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by tlops(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2013
Allowing a market under the bridge is not advisable, if boko boys come blow up the bridge nko?
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 20, 2013
billante:

See dis one! Btw SE and SW who is more politically irrelevant in dis present dispensation?

What you call your relevance in this dispensation is fleeting and will only last as long as GEJ is President. Politics is about building winning coalitions and we all know you can't do that if you consider everyone your enemy....except the SS of course.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by yomexp(m): 6:28pm On May 20, 2013
billante:

Don't mind them! They will be using trillions to build project worth billions and unnecessary squandering money just because they hav willingly ibo business men tax payers that give them lots of money to squander.......look at that small falomo ikoyi ramp dat is not up to 50 meters and they said they used 2.6 billion naira to construct it! A whooping 2.6 billion naira! SMH
guy! i just read through all your post. you lack any iota of intellectual capacity to make or sustain any constructive argument. just because of the inferiority complex that is inherent in your gene you result to the "pull him down syndrom".
for a start, give us a similar project anywhere in nigeria with the same magnitude, impact and scope and let's make comparison. however as much as these project may gore your sight. there is many more where this comes from. we don't need to brag about our intellectual sagacity and economic dominance. you are irrelevant.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by billante(m): 6:42pm On May 20, 2013
yomexp:
guy! i just read through all your post. you lack any iota of intellectual capacity to make or sustain any constructive argument. just because of the inferiority complex that is inherent in your gene you result to the "pull him down syndrom".
for a start, give us a similar project anywhere in nigeria with the same magnitude, impact and scope and let's make comparison. however as much as these project may gore your sight. there is many more where this comes from. we don't need to brag about our intellectual sagacity and economic dominance. you are irrelevant.

Dude go to anambra, enugu or akwa ibom and see longer bridges over water dat cost less money that wat LASG said they used to build theirs.

In terms of impact these bridges opened up rural areas to business which to me is more useful and needful to d needy!
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by FILEBE(m): 6:51pm On May 20, 2013
yomexp:

since you are ignorant; reference to you post. i suggest you sit back and read through the thread perhaps you might be educated. as to the essence of a suspended bridge.

honestly i chose my words very carefully..

Essence of that bridge suspended towards the end or a real suspended bridge constructed for its purpose?
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by FILEBE(m): 6:54pm On May 20, 2013
[/b]
CyberG:

Why are you people so ignorant? You mean you are more informed than civil and engineers who designed it and built it? So you know it is uncalled for? Don't be silly but I will give you only a few hints in case you never took 1 hour of classes in engineering, you might have heard about fault tolerance, redundancy design, graceful degradation! How about stresses and static loading, you would encounter in civil and mechanical engineering courses? In Nigeria and Lagos, for instance, it is not unusual for traffic to build up for hours on a bridge. Bridges are not designed as parking lots, obviously, leading to static loading, more wear and the bridge not holding up to its maximum serviceable lifetime. If for example, during soil analysis of the bedrock, it is found that it is better to reinforce or create some redundancy[b] in that portion of the bridge
, what is wrong with that? Or, do you prefer the bridge caving in sooner than planned so that MUCH MORE money is lost to rehabilitate it or a disaster waiting to happen? Fault tolerant designs is the way any design engineer approaches a project but unlike the dirt roads that lead to your enclaves, like DK picture shows, other people with sane heads do things properly.

Should you think you are smarter by those who designed and built the semi-suspended bridge from the corner of your hut, first go and get a proper engineering degree then go and apply for bridge construction contracts and show us what inventiveness you have upstairs to build a better bridge!

Bro... calm down na. u needn't study Civil Engineering because of me na. if i get you correctly... you are saying or you are suggesting that there may be heavy traffic congestion on that part of the bridge abi? hmmmn.. I seee. was it not this same Civil Engineers that constructed the 3rd mainland bridge? talk of congestion, 3rd mainland is number one, the suspension bridge would have been best used there! or they havent found a way of suspending bridges then?
To me, that suspension was just made to please the eyes! any other reason? i will like to hear from the Engineers who constructed it. han han! it is logical that you construct things for a reason and if their is a reason... let US know! see london Bridge , it is suspended to let ship pass underneath NOT FOR SOME FLIMSY REASON OF SUSPENDING TOWARDS THE END TO SUPPORT HEAVY LOAD!

let us have the construction engineers suspended that bridge to explain why, and not ur own theories and postulations.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by yomexp(m): 6:57pm On May 20, 2013
billante:

Dude go to anambra, enugu or akwa ibom and see longer bridges over water dat cost less money that wat LASG said they used to build theirs.

In terms of impact these bridges opened up rural areas to business which to me is more useful and needful to d needy!
i don't need to over work myself over a feeble mind such as yours. honestly you are devoid of any substance. check my earlier post answer my question with specifics.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by billante(m): 7:13pm On May 20, 2013
yomexp:
i don't need to over work myself over a feeble mind such as yours. honestly you are devoid of any substance. check my earlier post answer my question with specifics.

My friend go and have dinner u hav nothing to say.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Gbawe: 7:15pm On May 20, 2013
DJTee:

Check yourself before you wreck yourself. An acerbic tongue plus an explosive temper won't take you far - can tell you that for free! Rather than launch into a tirade of "sweet nothings", my point remains the same - political leaders in Lagos (not really bothered about the SW since the demographics are not any better than in the north) should not dogmatically feel they are doing us a favour by providing basic infrastructure. That's their freaking job for crying out freaking loud considering the enormous resources at their disposal!! And by the way, that's why its called BASIC infrastructure.

And you know what's really nauseating? Its regional leaders who time after time put narrow interests of a few well ahead of collective interests of all. This dangerous and self destructive gene which now seems permanently ingrained into Yoruba fabric was unwittingly birthed when Awo accepted number 2 role in Gowon's government to preserve a federation that fell apart the moment innocent blood of its own citizens were spilled in the North. It would appear he did this so he could become president of the federal republic one day - how very wrong he was. Same mistake with MKO Abiola and Earnest Shonekan. From these past experiences, its unlikely the Yoruba won't get diddly squat from all of Tinubu's ongoing hobnobbing with Buhari...but you know what the sad vicious cycle will simply continue!

The most important lessons I've learned about life - time always reveal the truth. You may choose to ignore and keep running from the truth but in the fullness of time, it'll eventuallycatch up with you

As usual, a smorgasbord of garbage from a cretin. Please save the cowardice with your talk of "acerbic tongue". It is Nigeria where it is fashionable and accepted to lie against entire ethnic groups and then those guilty of doing so, as you are doing, play victim. I don't really have time for you and I certainly have no interest in your long-winded garbage designed to exculpate your original lie. You should show, with practical examples, why Yoruba leaders are more "regional" than others.

Frame you answer , since your kind are indoctrinated not to do facts or reality, on a snapshot picture of Nigerian today. Ijaws are threatening breakdown in peace if GEJ does not get four more years - never mind his performance. Northern leaders are also threatening mayhem if the Presidency does not go North in 2015. So tell us what Yoruba leaders are doing to validate your utterance.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by yomexp(m): 7:30pm On May 20, 2013
billante:

My friend go and have dinner u hav nothing to say.
JUST WHAT I THOUGHT NO SUBSTANCE...
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by CyberG: 7:47pm On May 20, 2013
FILEBE: [/b]

Bro... calm down na. u needn't study Civil Engineering because of me na. if i get you correctly... you are saying or you are suggesting that there may be heavy traffic congestion on that part of the bridge abi? hmmmn.. I seee. was it not this same Civil Engineers that constructed the 3rd mainland bridge? talk of congestion, 3rd mainland is number one, the suspension bridge would have been best used there! or they havent found a way of suspending bridges then?
To me, that suspension was just made to please the eyes! any other reason? i will like to hear from the Engineers who constructed it. han han! it is logical that you construct things for a reason and if their is a reason... let US know! see london Bridge , it is suspended to let ship pass underneath NOT FOR SOME FLIMSY REASON OF SUSPENDING TOWARDS THE END TO SUPPORT HEAVY LOAD!

let us have the construction engineers [b]suspended that bridge
to explain why, and not ur own theories and postulations.

It's a waste of time educating block heads. No time.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by bloggernaija: 8:06pm On May 20, 2013
billante: Excuse Excuse Excuses! Just get d work done we don't want to hear any excuses......was he expecting not to encounter any challenges, if its GEJ now he is clueless....when federal govt says the contractors working on its road project are being kidnapped and affecting d pace of d work,the ACN laptop gang will starting the regular sermon of cluelessness of GEJ, now their master is giving excuses upon excuses and they clap for him.

FG promised 2nd niger bridge two yrs ago and real construction work is about starting while Lasg promise 4th mainland bridge since tinubu administration and they are still discussing on right of way 16 yrs after!!

Who is now clueless
Fashola is being studied in the lecture theatre of foriegn universities and Lagos is being used as an example of how a bad situation can be turned into an opportunity. Mayor are trooping in to take note of how he is managing to turn around a city that was absolutely hopeless to one that is full of hope and promises

Look at what this mumus .. Very soon , you will start hearing say na dem build am. A 26 km bridge is that is longer than what most governors in some part of nigeria will ever construct in ordinary roads. When fashola speaks, intelligent people listen.
Now for you to bring that Niger bridge nonsense to this forum, an ordinary bridge that is less than 2km is what GEJ is struggling to construct . Even the lekki bridge is long enough to cover the Niger crossing.
Another insult is for you to even dear compare GEJ to fashola.even ordinary amaechi no be GEJ mate in terms of governance and competence. Fashola dreams big.no messing around . The guy is a go-getter.
If you want to compare GEJ to people , compare him with the likes of Abia state and ebonyi state governor. Those are his peers. Dirt of fashola's shoulder.
Coming soon from the odua states after the polluted fresh air has blown away

LAGOS -IBADAN HIGH SPEED RAIL
BADAGRY DUTY FREE ZONE
ONDO OGUN ENERGY FREE TRADE ZONE
OYO STATE AGRO ALLIED LOGISTIC ,TRADE AND DISTRIBUTION ZONE
ODUA ELECTRICITY BOARD IBADAN
SOUTHWEST HEAVY INDUSTRY ZONE ,OSUN
ETC

ETC

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 20, 2013
nice

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by EkoIle1: 8:13pm On May 20, 2013
billante:

Obviously, we care less about your federal positions, we are in total control of our states, destiny and future hence our states doing better than your villages...

With all your federal positions and federal government noise, 14 years later after OBJ, Yaradua and the current dullard, you are still begging the same federal government like invalids or destitutes to build a common little bridge across a little river while the folks without your so called federal appointments are building and commissioning bridges and flyovers all over the place. You beg for road, you beg for bridge, you beg for airport, you beg for school and I won't be suppressed to see you people start begging for pure water...smh..

Apart from your federal appointees sharing the National cake, of what use or relevance are they to the day to day realities of your people back home? When was the last time anything serious apart from village borehole was commissioned i your land combined?

The joke is obviously on you and you really don't have to be told because it's written all over you..

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by FILEBE(m): 8:14pm On May 20, 2013
CyberG:

me block head? U square head! Chaimanzy. Calm down. See... I actually don't have any personal ish with Fashola constructing this o. As a matter of fact, i'm glad that thing is up there, that we are seeing where our money is going to. I commend his efforts. My own na just to technically analyse the bridge as that's where inquisitiveness has got me. Na my type of people go see christmas light dey ask why the thing dey blink. That's how i'm born.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by FILEBE(m): 8:17pm On May 20, 2013
CyberG:

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by billante(m): 8:22pm On May 20, 2013
bloggernaija:

Look at what this mumus .. Very soon , you will start hearing say na dem build am. A 26 km bridge is that is longer than what most governors in some part of nigeria will ever construct in ordinary roads. When fashola speaks, intelligent people listen.
Now for you to bring that Niger bridge nonsense to this forum, an ordinary bridge that is less than 2km is what GEJ is struggling to construct . Even the lekki bridge is long enough to cover the Niger crossing.
Another insult is for you to even dear compare GEJ to fashola.even ordinary amaechi no be GEJ mate in terms of governance and competence. Fashola dreams big.no messing around . The guy is a go-getter.
If you want to compare GEJ to people , compare him with the likes of Abia state and ebonyi state governor. Those are his peers. Dirt of fashola's shoulder.
Coming soon from the odua states after the polluted fresh air has blown away

LAGOS -IBADAN HIGH SPEED RAIL
BADAGRY DUTY FREE ZONE
ONDO OGUN ENERGY FREE TRADE ZONE
OYO STATE AGRO ALLIED LOGISTIC ,TRADE AND DISTRIBUTION ZONE
ETC

Dude is like you just came back from ur laborer afternoon shift and jump in into a topic very rudely!

Am not comparing gej with fashola in terms of project cause if fashola carries half of what is on gej table he will break into two, they are incomparable in terms of size.....the other day I read him saying they don't even have the money to complete the projects he is doing!

Why will he have the sufficient money when he inflates all his projects to high flying costs!

And for all you guys information the 2nd niger bridge has a 36km approach road in d contract so its equally a huge project in comparison to 4th mainland bridge.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Phikom(m): 8:29pm On May 20, 2013
good development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Board Of Trustees Hold Meeting With Jonathan In Otuoke / Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland / Miyetti Allah: We Lost 1000 People, 2 Million Cows In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.