Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. (36245 Views)

Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport / MMIA's Remodelled General Aviation Terminal (GAT) / Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by awodman: 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
EUROBOMBER:

We may not be there yet but certainly on the right path. A journey of one thousand miles begins with a step. Let us learn to give some credit when deserved.
You even get time the reply him..can't you see clearly his intent and where exactly he is heading to...

If govt brings out the required amount of dollars to build airports of such quality as he is advocating..he will be the 1st to shout that airports aint our problem but roads,rail,power and be sure he will make reference to ASUU..

His type nothing satisfies him as long is not done by his favoured ones

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by calddon(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
news on enugus airstrip is always making front page
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
EUROBOMBER:

We may not be there yet but certainly on the right path. A journey of one thousand miles begins with a step. Let us learn to give some credit when deserved.

The same old crap I was expecting just to pacify yourself.Who cares if they embark on an endless joruney or not ? They should call them national or local airports and not international !
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by churchAgbasa: 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
~Bluetooth:
Dubai international Airport

[img]http://vision.ae/uploads/special_report_images/dubai_international_terminal_3_3.jpg[/img]

This is what an International Airport looks like. Stella Odua should stop parading these glorified runways as International Airports.
I understand where you are going and i have also have this reservation on the kind of infrastructural model even the various state Governments are putting up in other respective projects.So many of them are far behind time i.e The resent Federal Government revamped trains.But in this case we are talking of Nigeria and not UAE(Dubai) so we as Nigerians gat nothing to do about it provided it serve his purpose because you have to put the huge sum of money into consideration owing to the fact that other sectors are begging for development too.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by ZUBY77(m): 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Exactly Afam! We should support him, but also give 'constructive' criticism when and where needed.

Regarding the airport: i appreciate the fact that they've not finished yet; but could someone close to the Minister or contractor tell them to change that horrible colour scheme ASAP......paint the control tower the same colour as the rest of the terminal......and also remember to do a good job on the landscaping and car park.

Define constructive critism. How did you people end up on the side of fake life; fake grammar, fake accent, fake thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2013
@Bluetooth: The international terminal will look a lot better than the domestic; though I agree that more work needs to be done on the domestic terminal.

BTW, to build a 'Dubai' type of terminal, the construction cost will be around $800million and above. There is no way the FG would spend $4bn on airports without a serious backlash from the public, especially the opposition parties.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
church Agbasa:
I understand where you are going and i have also have this reservation on the kind of infrastructural model even the various state Governments are putting up in other respective projects.So many of them are far behind time i.e The resent Federal Government revamped trains.But in this case we are talking of Nigeria and not UAE(Dubai) so we as Nigerians gat nothing to do about it provided it serve his purpose because you have to put the huge sum of money into consideration owing to the fact that other sectors are begging for development too.

Currently 36th and planning to be among the world best 20 economy by 2020, when will Nigeria evolve from the era of locomotives and glorified runways ?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by supaeagles(m): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
CFCfan: BTW, to build a 'Dubai' type of terminal, the construction cost will be around $800million and above. There is no way the FG would spend $4bn on airports without a serious backlash from the public, especially the opposition parties.
who needs the grandeur of Dubai airport?? Dubai is the gateway to the United Arab Emirates and is a major commercial city while Enugu is a smaller state in comparison (not the capital of Nigeria or a commercial capital either but definately has a lot of commercial activity ). What Enugu is building as an airport is perfect for their needs : decent aesthetics and amenities. To now compare it to world class airports with much higher air traffic is unfair.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hmmm Kogi state is lacking behinde oh! When are we going to have an airport oh! It's so anonying knowing that we have a stupid governor who calls himself a captain. Smh I think he means captain in his wife's bedroom

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Pontaboki: 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2013
~Bluetooth:

[img]http://vision.ae/uploads/special_report_images/dubai_international_terminal_3_3.jpg[/img]

This is what an International Airport looks like. Stella Odua should stop parading these glorified runways as International Airports.
What did you have before?, and there have you been before
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by atlwireles: 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The same old crap I was expecting just to pacify yourself.Who cares if they embark on an endless joruney or not ? They should call them national or local airports and not international !

Take a trip to Douala, Accra and Lome international airports. Come back and tell us what they should be called. I never understand why people just display their total emptiness in public like some of you do.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
@bluetooth: give it a break for God sake. Most of those countries are well over 100yrs. Babies learn to crawl before walking or running. Naija may not be where it should be, but we are taking a step in the right direction.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by AjaraEwuro: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
~Bluetooth:

you are a dunce.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Policewoman(f): 11:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
Afam4eva: I think i've been wroncg about Jonathan all along. He may not hacve lived up to expectations but for the first time, the federal government is showing interest in the SE. The SE has never had it this good. Let's give him all our support and hope he does more.
I'm glad you have finally seen the light. Join the moving train, Afam. (team GEJ for 2015)
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by manny4life(m): 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
Policewoman: I'm glad you have finally seen the light. Join the moving train, Afam. (team GEJ for 2015)

GBAM... GEJ till 2019

GEJ ka anyi ga eso,
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by manny4life(m): 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
You guys give @Bluetooth too much credit by replying him, make una leave the dude jor...
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by TheBookWorm: 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
It is very hard to compare Dubai with Nigeria.

The United Arab Emirates does not need to feed over 150 million people like Nigeria. So of course Dubai can spend billions of dollars on one airport.

Thumbs up to GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
manny4life: You guys give @Bluetooth too much credit by replying him, make una leave the dude jor...

Whatever. . . .pfft
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Policewoman(f): 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
@greentooth abi yellowtoth, HOW MANY AIRPORTS DID YOUR OBASANJO RENOVATE not to talk of REMODEL? Even after 8years? GEJ carry go. Haters go dey hate.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by manny4life(m): 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Whatever. . . .pfft

Damn, don't hate on me bruh, I was only stating a FACT. They give u too much credit when they reply you. cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
TheBookWorm: It is very hard to compare Dubai with Nigeria.

The United Arab Emirates does not need to feed over 150 million people like Nigeria. So of course Dubai can spend billions of dollars on one airport.

Thumbs up to GEJ.

Does Jonathan feed 150 million people ?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by chi4ik(m): 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
Tanx so much GEJ, one more thing, SE need sea--port pls.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Fraba(m): 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2013
Finishing is everything in all buildings, atleast for impression sake. all the revamped airports i have visited fall short in this regards. New airports?, and i see wires flying everywhere, cable trunking visible for all to see and some places cable falling out already (MM2 in lagos); i see all these and i fear for the airports in 2 to 5 years time.

Maintenance is never mentioned in all this revamping. i like the drive, but i fear still.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by TheBookWorm: 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Does Jonathan feed 150 million people ?

He is responsible for over 150 million people, like it or not.

Dubai is a city-state that has a population of 2 million people within the UAE.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by 5sigma(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
White-washed graves. I don't mean to be rude but with the amount of money claimed to have been spent, we deserve a lot more. The baggage carousels are still as bad, the roads to the airport in bad shape, air fares still exhorbitant... I don't think the real issues have been addressed. Anyone can paint the airport and install fancy glass and airconditioners. The real issues facing aviation are yet to be tackled. Enuf said!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
REALITY101:

slowpoke choke on Stella's name. What have she as aviation minister got to do with airport infrastructure?

Who is this one ?

TheBookWorm:

He is responsible for over 150 million people, like it or not.

Dubai is a city-state that has a population of 2 million people within the UAE.

Seems you have a problem with the real functions of government. Sorry I give up on you !
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by 9ja4eva: 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
Not bad...quite impressed.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by frederal(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Sai GEJ! I no fine, I concern u...abi na ur parlour...or can't it develop after operation. We likam like that
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Who is this one ?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
5sigma: White-washed graves. I don't mean to be rude but with the amount of money claimed to have been spent, we deserve a lot more. The baggage carousels are still as bad, the roads to the airport in bad shape, air fares still exhorbitant... I don't think the real issues have been addressed. Anyone can paint the airport and install fancy glass and airconditioners. The real issues facing aviation are yet to be tackled. Enuf said!

In a country where a larger percentage of the populace are either gullible or simply insane to alway insist on the status quo. They are angry because Dubai has a smaller population and a better aviation sector . Even if you compare Nigeria with a much populated country like China or India whose population are like five times that of Nigeria with world class aviation sector, gullible Nigerians would still complain.

They just want to keep limiting themselves to the class of Lome and Accra despite the oil wealth. Bunch of ret'a'rds !

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Kuwait A Good Country To Hustle / Overspeeding Driver Loses Control & Dies In Umuahia (Disturbing Photo) / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.