Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,809 members, 7,827,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. (36259 Views)

Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport / MMIA's Remodelled General Aviation Terminal (GAT) / Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Cleanman(m): 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
Is that an airport or a warehouse for car spare parts? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
Cleanman: Is that an airport or a warehouse for car spare parts? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
grin grin grin

I hope the Chinese do really good jobs on the 5 new terminal buildings.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Cleanman(m): 11:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin grin

I hope the Chinese do really good jobs on the 5 new terminal buildings.
pray so.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 31, 2013
I like this.

But they need to work on the interior. It looks like they are selling sofas.

One step at a time.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
Cleanman: Is that an airport or a warehouse for car spare parts? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

That's the best Nigerian government can offer and Jonathan's bootlickers are celebrating it already. He travels round the world and has seen the best of international airports yet he comes home and build crap for Nigerians simply because he knows most Nigerians have complex issues.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by NaijaNaWaa: 12:12am On Aug 01, 2013
Although the aluminum cladding looks good initially, the problem is that after a few years they start fading and falling off. A typical example is the Abia/Orji Uzo Kalu House in Abuja which looked great before but today turning into an eyesore.

Good work at Enugu Airport all the same.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by igboboy1(m): 12:30am On Aug 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:

That's the best Nigerian government can offer and Jonathan's bootlickers are celebrating it already. He travels round the world and has seen the best of international airports yet he comes home and build crap for Nigerians simply because he knows most Nigerians have complex issues.
I never thought i would see the day i'll be in the same camp with you, but i must call a spade a spade..

Upon not all his international exposure this is what we settle for

Nigerians like to celebrate mediocrity.
Internet service na wash..
Phone service na wash
roads na wash
Airport na wash

everything we do is never at an international standard..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by TheBookWorm: 12:50am On Aug 01, 2013
Some people are into flashy things. It must be a Nigerian trait.

It doesn't have to be grandiose, as long as it fulfills its job.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by IGBOSON1: 12:59am On Aug 01, 2013
ZUBY77:

Define constructive critism. How did you people end up on the side of fake life; fake grammar, fake accent, fake thoughts.

^^^Haba! Why the bucketload of abuse?

Constructive criticism: Pointing out the pros and cons on an issue without getting personal and dishing out a tirade of abuse; also proffering your own ideas as to how the issue at hand can be best tackled for a much better result!

Shikena!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by IGBOSON1: 1:02am On Aug 01, 2013
arcbabe: Hmmm Kogi state is lacking behinde oh! When are we going to have an airport oh! It's so anonying knowing that we have a stupid governor who calls himself a captain. Smh I think he means captain in his wife's bedroom

^^^I'm guessing his wife would beg to differ......he's no spring-chicken you know?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by mamagee3(f): 1:28am On Aug 01, 2013
It looks good!!!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by solomon111(m): 1:41am On Aug 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:

STFU,you ignoramus.
What's Nigeria's GDP per CAPITAL compared to china,india or even dubai.
Nigerians like you were criticising the govt for wanting to build a $16billion petrochemical plant,yet you are asking for airports in the scale of dubai which should be nothing less than $1billion per one.
What kind of sick bitter people do we have in this country?
Enemies of progress.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by MacLovington(m): 1:45am On Aug 01, 2013
Afam4eva: I think i've been wroncg about Jonathan all along. He may not hacve lived up to expectations but for the first time, the federal government is showing interest in the SE. The SE has never had it this good. Let's give him all our support and hope he does more.

Abi o Mazi Afam.

I am an ardent critic of GEJ and his co-horts but as for Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi, the babe try. Infact she has tried more than all those former Aviation ministers carrying blokos up and down for nothing.

Gradually even GEJ is proving to be a half-decent smooth operator, confounding many blind critics.

He may not have a competent PR machine or a graceful and alluring wife like late Maryam IBB or Stella OBJ but he's gradually making his mark. Were he from any of the born-to-rule zones of Naija, people would gradually start complimenting him by now.

I think many are scared stiff of another "an inconsequential minority" occupying Aso Rock till 2019. The pattern of GEJ critics are now clearly along ethnic and religious lines, nothing to do with competence.

The loudest are those who have ruled for some 49 years and got us into this mess in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by solomon111(m): 1:46am On Aug 01, 2013
TheBookWorm: Some people are into flashy things. It must be a Nigerian trait.

It doesn't have to be grandiose, as long as it fulfills its job.
you don't know these people.
If the FG decides to spend excess money and build record-breaking airports worth billions of dollars,they will call it "wanton waste,misappropriation of funds and a misplacement of priorities".
So GEJ should just do his thing and forget the haters.
Afterall,you can't please everybody.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Miraclebaby1109: 1:55am On Aug 01, 2013
looks good, hope there's going to be power sha
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by biafranqueen: 3:00am On Aug 01, 2013
We are getting closer cheesy Arik get ready to do international from the West Coast to Enugu going to JFK is not funny please work on it! At least Enugu city does not smell as soon as you get of the plane and your bags are always involved with wahala MMIA is not a airport to brag about!
Thank God a driver is always waiting for us, or we would be struggling our bags with touts like others tongue
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by made1(m): 3:01am On Aug 01, 2013
Yea yet another politically challenged and ineffective display of lack of technical know how of some our said Nigerian contractors/architects or maybe the chinese performed the rehab work . Or maybe one Alhaji or Chief was awarded the contract lol . One day when we have an effective and responsible system of government , Important infrastructures like these will be built with utmost drive/concern for functionality,aesthetics,cost , and sustainability .

It doesn't really look like an airport honestly guys.(International). I'm criticizing this because we can do way more than this with all the resources available to us. Nigerian leaders and society movers should always strive towards excellence and not settle for less or whatever we can get . To compete and gain respect globally, we have to be fully prepared and informed of trends, causes,needs and solution...

My 4 cents
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by solomon111(m): 3:05am On Aug 01, 2013
^^
the airport that has not even been completed is the one you're ranting about.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by weebay(m): 6:03am On Aug 01, 2013
I was really impressed the last time I went to lagos thru Enugu..my first time at that airport was very terrible..my shoes dirty, bags dirty it was as if I have been playing with sand..I even had to ask if that was the airport or maybe the plane was still going to take us to the proper one..I just feel the bathrooms shud have been bigger but its better than peeing in the bushes..they did a good job I won't lie..
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Jumbocash: 6:12am On Aug 01, 2013
Enugu is working to God be the glory
henrychubayo: more
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by tomber(m): 6:14am On Aug 01, 2013
realone2012: People are suffering because they are 'jobless', he is busy building 'airports'. So all Nigerian Graduates should be working at the 'construction sites' of airports now abi? Abi se na person wey neva eat go think of flying 'abroad'?

now he's speaking like my grandmother...
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 01, 2013
solomon111: STFU,you ignoramus.
What's Nigeria's GDP per CAPITAL compared to china,india or even dubai.
Nigerians like you were criticising the govt for wanting to build a $16billion petrochemical plant,yet you are asking for airports in the scale of dubai which should be nothing less than $1billion per one.
What kind of sick bitter people do we have in this country?
Enemies of progress.

Now he's talking about GDP. I think some of you have been programmed to think like kids; always quick to defend a government that is milking you dry. Why not tell me about the $16 billion OBj wasted on his IPP-gate which has not changed the power situation from the level Abacha left it ? Since jonathan came, has Nigeria moved above the 4000MW threshold ? NO

China came from being a poor agrarian country around 70s to become the 2nd largest economy without a single drop of oil while Nigeria had started exporting and earning from the sales of crude oil over 20 years earlier. The whole of Dubai as at then was built with over $300 billion yet Nigeria earned over $100 billion from crude sales just last year alone and trillions of dollars since crude oil was discovered. Meanwhile, nothing has changed in the country except a spring up of low class airports everywhere and gullible Nigerians swallow the magical pill of dumbness given to them by the government.

Y'all need to start demanding accountability from a government where her president eats with over #1 billion, where her lawmakers earn over $3 million yet a large part of the population still live in abject poverty and the voice of those who ought to challenge all this have gone down just because they have been programmed to seek for survival instead of a better and comfortable live by the Vagabonds In Power.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by WaltherPPK: 7:19am On Aug 01, 2013
This animal that calls himself Bluetooth, should just be ignored unless you are a psychiatrist, because he one sick fellow and I won't be surprised if he hangs himself one of these days.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by delpee(f): 7:28am On Aug 01, 2013
Looking far better than the former airport. I pray that its well maintained.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 01, 2013
WaltherPPK: This animal that calls himself Bluetooth, should just be ignored unless you are a psychiatrist, because he one sick fellow and I won't be surprised if he hangs himself one of these days.

The day you are opportune to travel out of that shiithole of a country to a better clime where the government cares about the welfare of her citizens, you will understand better.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:
Dubai international Airport

[img]http://vision.ae/uploads/special_report_images/dubai_international_terminal_3_3.jpg[/img]

This is what an International Airport looks like. Stella Odua should stop parading these glorified runways as International Airports.

You r a big Ideot, what did your Thiefing Yoruba Brothers, Femi and babalola do when they were Aviation ministers? if not to steal money and crash planes....If only they have done half of what this woman has done then these airport might as well be looking like Dubai airort by now
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by solomon111(m): 8:01am On Aug 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Now he's talking about GDP. I think some of you have been programmed to think like kids; always quick to defend a government that is milking you dry. Why not tell me about the $16 billion OBj wasted on his IPP-gate which has not changed the power situation from the level Abacha left it ? Since jonathan came, has Nigeria moved above the 4000MW threshold ? NO

China came from being a poor agrarian country around 70s to become the 2nd largest economy without a single drop of oil while Nigeria had started exporting and earning from the sales of crude oil over 20 years earlier. The whole of Dubai as at then was built with over $300 billion yet Nigeria earned over $100 billion from crude sales just last year alone and trillions of dollars since crude oil was discovered. Meanwhile, nothing has changed in the country except a spring up of low class airports everywhere and gullible Nigerians swallow the magical pill of dumbness given to them by the government.

Y'all need to start demanding accountability from a government where her president eats with over #1 billion, where her lawmakers earn over $3 million yet a large part of the population still live in abject poverty and the voice of those who ought to challenge all this have gone down just because they have been programmed to seek for survival instead of a better and comfortable live by the Vagabonds In Power.
More nonsense.
I don't care about OBJ govt which i know was an abysmal failure.
We are talking about GEJ,who in the space of 3years have been able to double our electricity capacity,touch most areas of the economy and also extend FG attention to the SE which has been for a while,neglected.
So what do you want GEJ to do?
Build a $1billion airport in the midst of unemployment and security challenges?
Btw,i am not one of the those who you can use that "N1billion food" sentiment to sway.
Try another line.
And stop comparing Nigeria to dubai,it makes you sound uneducated.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by solomon111(m): 8:05am On Aug 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The day you are opportune to travel out of that shiithole of a country to a better clime where the government cares about the welfare of her citizens, you will understand better.
lol.
You are comparing Nigeria to countries that have had repeated good governance for decades.
Let the next goverment in 2019 improve on what GEJ has done,and see if Nigeria will not gradually catch up.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by braxjay(m): 8:38am On Aug 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:
Dubai international Airport

[img]http://vision.ae/uploads/special_report_images/dubai_international_terminal_3_3.jpg[/img]

This is what an International Airport looks like. Stella Odua should stop parading these glorified runways as International Airports.
[size=50pt]
badt mouth[/size]
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by thelonestranger: 8:38am On Aug 01, 2013
Praise Amadioha ! Alaigbo may soon be going back home at last !
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by achi4u(m): 8:40am On Aug 01, 2013
Thank you OGA GEj but remember nigeria has enough money to built world class airport like that of dubai,

Again thank you.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by omodapson(m): 9:03am On Aug 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:

In a country where a larger percentage of the populace are either gullible or simply insane to alway insist on the status quo. They are angry because Dubai has a smaller population and a better aviation sector . Even if you compare Nigeria with a much populated country like China or India whose population are like five times that of Nigeria with world class aviation sector, gullible Nigerians would still complain.

They just want to keep limiting themselves to the class of Lome and Accra despite the oil wealth. Bunch of ret'a'rds !

True talk. Anything worth doing at all is worth doing well. Nigerians love to celebrate mediocrity while their leaders continue to milk them dry in the name of fake development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Overspeeding Driver Loses Control & Dies In Umuahia (Disturbing Photo) / More Photos Of South African Returnees After Evacuation By Air Peace / Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.