Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P (8697 Views)

See What Bad Roads Are Causing In Aba (photo) / Senate Declares Airport, Kubwa Roads Death Traps / Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by Tolu19: 9:43am On May 21, 2013
Nigeria has never had a most unreliable, untruthful, most deceiving and most corrupt administration in the history of this country than this present administration.

They claimed they spent Billions of Naira on Third Mainland bridge repairs and came out claiming there is not a single pothole again on Third mainland bridge, when they were obviously many on it.

This administration have no fear for Nigerians and they are all pathetic and unshameful, wicked liars ever witnessed in this country since started.

1 Like

Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by ujchief(m): 9:47am On May 21, 2013
Sure, there's an improvement, which I've had a first hand witness. Sometime last year, I started a thread on the dire state of some sections of the Enugu-Ph expressway. Today, that section has been repaired and its now ok. I will take snapshots next time I plight that road.

Kudos team GEJ, I won't still vote for your boss come 2015, we need a multitasking presido cool
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by Emusan(m): 9:49am On May 21, 2013
Br3nd4:

Calabar- Ogoja Federal road or aint it a federal road? Travelling this road is like a suicide mission. . Not only the pot holes buh also the narrowness of the road

And to think that its a major trunk that links the south to the north, you have millions plying the road everyday and many loosing their lives.. No construction whatsoever is going on there.

Odukpani - Itu? Isnt it a fed road?. . . SMH.

Are you my second person on this earth? You really spoke my mind, I was thinking of mentioning those roads but just want to read people's comment first. Those roads are too bad FG need to do something.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by holyvirgin: 9:52am On May 21, 2013
SLIDE waxie: kai! It is true o!

U knw, as learned as u may claim u are, in other field, u are a stark illiterate! I am not refering to u, but all of us who claimed to be a genius in jes a particular field! grin

It's amazin how u kept saying 'cement', and it looks so odd to me! How can a sane man say 'cement' and '10inch thickness' for roads and rehabilitation respectively? But i was restained from attacking u wen i realised dt in dt area, u are an illiterate. But wldnt it be nicer is u kept it neutral? Instead of thinkin u knw?

To topic: sure, there are improvements. No doubt!
cheesy cheesy lol@10 inch thick! The lady thinks this is the romance section where everything is 'thick'.

GEJ is working, haterz are crying. Roads are getting beta,opposition are becoming more dumb
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by Freiburger(m): 9:54am On May 21, 2013
Title of the topic is shocking and shameful. undecided
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by Pedagogue: 9:56am On May 21, 2013
I laugh when iI read 'news' like this!

If they are not death traps,what are they! Death holes?
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by devour129: 9:57am On May 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You can't put a liar to shame because they don't have shame neither can they recognise any.Anyways,what's up with Lagos-Ibadan road ? Has it been fixed ?
my dear they truly don't have shame. They boldly look down on us and lie without the fear of God. They stay in there gated mansions and tell us we are eating well .its so funny
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by pak: 9:59am On May 21, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Any road can receive attention. However, if the job isn't being done right, then there's no point in doing it at all. Anyone can patch a hole in the road and say it's no longer a death trap. Yes, for the time being. Don't be surprised when these roads fall apart within two years again, due to thin cement and lack of soil tests. Because of the kind of rain and heavy traffic Nigerian roads face, especially in the south, the layer of cement shouldn't be any thinner than 10 inches, and that's being lenient.[/size]

God bless Ogugua.

and to answer the guy who asked about bad roads, try Yola - Gombe for a start. I couldn't drive at faster than 40km/hr for more than half the trip last week when I plied the road

1 Like

Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by Angel778(f): 9:59am On May 21, 2013
Check out ibadan - ilesha - Akure road to benin, and i continue to wonder if truly we have govt!
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by Emusan(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2013
devour129: my dear they truly don't have shame. They boldly look down on us and lie without the fear of God. They stay in there gated mansions and tell us we are eating well .its so funny

Nigerians are reason well now, how I wish we can all reason like this during election.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by visalo: 10:19am On May 21, 2013
East West road is other road the government is performing wonder. the contractors working on that project are doing great job. the designed of the road is excellent. i really praise the government on this one.

2 Likes

Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by Afam4eva(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2013
CFCfan: ^
There is a road in Enugu State that is 15 inches thick. Most of the dilapidated roads may have been less than 6 inches thick undecided
That road is a state road or so i think.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by Delafruita(m): 10:53am On May 21, 2013
Goddex:

Ok, let us put them to shame. Simply mention the federal roads that are bad and are not receiving attention.
lagos-ibadan expressway
oyo-ogbomosho expressway
ilaro-ado-odo-muwo expressway

those are the few i pass frequently and know are in very bad state
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by prologue: 10:56am On May 21, 2013
I drove from Otukpo, heading to Enugu, and passed places like Ogbokolo, Otukpa... My first time plying those roads, I became angry within myself. To avoid this madness, when returning from Benin, used lokaja- abaji road area into nasarawa toto, its the worst thing that can happen to ur car. No need to mention much but for a maggot to tell me that because of sure-p, no more death traps is an insult. Note this day, you that have openly support lies in d embodiment of gej govt, like those doing data entry service here, as u are paid per words u type, so your generations will be punished per bare faced lies u tell. As lives go because of the uselessness of this govt n u defend it, so everything you cherish will be taken away from you. Keep typing. DATA ENTRY and AMUSEMENT DEVELOPERS. (DEAD) sincere9geria, national president... May you live long to reap the fruits of ur lies. Other members, identify yourselves.
As we suffer on these roads, may you enjoy the privilege of typing with your feet to earn a living when u lost ur evil fingers.

1 Like

Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by thelastPope(m): 10:58am On May 21, 2013
All the roads cannot be fixed in 2 years. This is the problem I have with critics. If you must criticize, it must be based on fair assessment. The question is what percentage of the roads have been fixed in the last 2 years. I think that is why the lady said what she said. The very major roads are either fixed or being fixed.

Benin-Ore has been fixed. The road does need complete reconstruction especially between the Shagamu-ijedu Ode-Ore axis

Owerri-Onitsha is wonderful

East west road is being fixed. They are even constructing about four bridges. I went through that road last week and was impressed with ongoing work

Enugu portharcourt has been fixed.
Portharcourt Owerri hasn't been fixed yet but work has started. I don't like the pace of work on that road though. The should step it up.
I did PH to Lagos, 7 hours last week and the only major problem was PH-Owerri road. From Owerri to Lagos was smooth sail

Benin Abuja construction has started both from the Edo state side and the Lokoja-Abuja side

Lagos-Ibadan was cancelled because of the bicourtney issue and it was awarded to JB and RCC. But after so many issues came up, the ministry of works asked for bids and bids were received about 2 weeks ago and the contract will soon be awarded and work will commence

So if you must criticize, you must state your case, not do the usual ACN "pull everything down" opposition style of criticism.

6 Likes

Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by LARRIE(m): 11:16am On May 21, 2013
I really wonder if this man has ever passed through ITOKIN ROAD ie from Sabo in Ikorodu to Ijebu-Ode,the road is unimanginable sorry condition.Vehicle break down every now and then on this same road.It is very pathetic that someone who is believed to know more of the state of the Federal roads in Nigeria could come out and be giving nigerians false hope.If you do not know your job I beseech you to resign.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by CowbellY: 11:27am On May 21, 2013
Like seriously? What of Itokin/Ijebu-Ode road? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by CowbellY: 11:31am On May 21, 2013
LARRIE: I really wonder if this man has ever passed through ITOKIN ROAD ie from Sabo in Ikorodu to Ijebu-Ode,the road is unimanginable sorry condition.Vehicle break down every now and then on this same road.It is very pathetic that someone who is believed to know more of the state of the Federal roads in Nigeria could come out and be giving nigerians false hope.If you do not know your job I beseech you to resign.
God bless you Bro.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by Nobody: 11:39am On May 21, 2013
Isn't it ironic that some people want GEJ to fix all the federal roads in 2yrs when state govts have not been able to fix all state roads in 6 or 8yrs. Those who tell us that because one or two roads in their vicinity have not been fixed, NOTHING has been done should be seen as mischief makers, DEVILISH LIARS and propagandists.

The undisputable facts is that federal roads are receiving far far more attention under this govt than ever before in the history of this country.

Activities on the roads in the last 2 to 3years are as follows:

The following roads projects have been COMPLETED:

Vom-Manchok road (Plateau State), Yola-Numan road (Adamawa State), Gombe Bye-pass (Gombe State), Kaduna Refinery road (Kaduna State), Kano-Daura-Mai Adua road (Katsina State), Aba-Owerri road(Abia State), Onitsha-Owerri road (Anambra State), dualization of Oyo-Ogbomosho road (Oyo State), Ijebu Igbo-Ajegunle-Araromi-Ife Sekona road, section II (in Ogun state), Uba-Mbalala road (Borno state), and dualization of access road to Onne Port (Rivers sate)

Massive work is ONGOING in various other highways in the 6 geo-political zones, including ongoing dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road; Kano–Potiskum–Maiduguri Road; the Benin–Ore–Shagamu Expressway; the Onitsha–Enugu Expressway; the construction of the Loko–Oweto bridge( across River Benue); East-West road; dualisation of Benin-Lokoja road; Vandeikia-Obudu-Obodu Cattle Ranch road (Phase 1) in Benue State; Mbaise-Ngwa road in Imo/Abia states, with bridges at Imo River (Phase 1); Abriba-Arochukwu-Ohafia road, in Abia State (Phase 1); Makurdi-Gboko road Phase 1 Wannune-Yandev section, in Benue; Ohafia Abia State-Oso in Ebonyi; Sections 1A and 1B of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora Roads, respectively in Sokoto State, Kebbi and Niger; Kunya-Kanya-Babura-Babban Mutum Road in Jigawa; Zing-Yakoko-Monkin Road in Taraba; Alkeleri-Bauchi Road in Bauchi; Aguoba-Owa-Mgbagbu Owa-Ebenebe at the Anambra border to the Awaha-Oyofo-Iwollo Road in Enugu State; Ofa by-pass in Ofa council in Kwara; the Ikot-Ekpene border-Ada Owerri dualisation section phase one in Akwa-Ibom, Abia and Imo; Utor Bridge project on Asaba-Ebu-Uromi Road in Delta; Oshodi-Apapa road in Lagos; Ijebu Ode road in Ogun; etc, etc

Bad portions on almost all federal roads all over the country, not mentioned above, are being fixed under a massive intervention called Project Safe Passage. The Lagos-Ibadan expressway and Enugu-Portharcourt roads were among roads that received attention under Project Safe Passage.

The Third Mainland bridge was not left out. Late last year, the EIGHT expansion joints of bridge was re-constructed. Recently, the bridge was re-surfaced by FERMA. Currently, the markings and lighting system of the bridge is being fixed by FERMA, in collaboration with SURE-P.

The ICING ON THE CAKE in the road sector this year will be commencement of work on the Second Niger Bridge (by Julius Berger), and commencement of full re-construction of Lagos-Ibadan and Enugu-Portharcourt expressways.

3 Likes

Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by visalo: 11:53am On May 21, 2013
LARRIE: I really wonder if this man has ever passed through ITOKIN ROAD ie from Sabo in Ikorodu to Ijebu-Ode,the road is unimanginable sorry condition.Vehicle break down every now and then on this same road.It is very pathetic that someone who is believed to know more of the state of the Federal roads in Nigeria could come out and be giving nigerians false hope.If you do not know your job I beseech you to resign.

my brother all road can`t received attention at thesame time. try to know the fund allocated to the ministry of work before criticizing...beside that road you are talking about, i don`t know if it is a fedral road. I know the road very well, cause i did my youth service at ogun state. let us not misinform people. this government is trying so much when it come to infrastructure.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by PapaBrowne(m): 11:53am On May 21, 2013
There is more improvement in Nigerian roads in the last 2 years than there was in the last 20 years. Fact!
The road improvements are everywhere.
The only people that would doubt and complain are those that:

1)don't travel out of their state of Origin
2)Live abroad and haven't been in Nigeria a while
3)Pessimists and negative minded people who expect Jonathan to change Nigeria to USA in 2 years but haven't as little as changed their own bedsheets in the last 10 years.

The roads have improved tremendously on three very important factors:
1) Federal roads are far better no matter where you are traveling. Too many roads are under construction at the same time and they are being excellently constructed. I have never seen as much construction TRUCKS in my life like I saw on the East West road.

2) The menace called Police checkpoints are gone from the roads. Its just a jolly ride all the way. It has been replaced by joint patrols by police and military vehicles.

3) You would think the absence of police checkpoints would increase the spate of armed robberies. Nooooo! Every commercial driver I've spoken with says that since the police left the highways, armed robbery virtually vanished from the highways. The jury is now out as to who were the armed robbers in that case. You guess is as good as mine.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by visalo: 11:58am On May 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Isn't it ironic that some people want GEJ to fix all the federal roads in 2yrs when state govts have not been able to fix all state roads in 6 or 8yrs. Those who tell us that because one or two roads in their vicinity have not been fixed, NOTHING has been done should be seen as mischief makers, DEVILISH LIARS and propagandists.

The undisputable facts is that federal roads are receiving far far more attention under this govt than ever before in the history of this country.

Activities on the roads in the last 2 to 3years are as follows:

The following roads projects have been COMPLETED:

Vom-Manchok road (Plateau State), Yola-Numan road (Adamawa State), Gombe Bye-pass (Gombe State), Kaduna Refinery road (Kaduna State), Kano-Daura-Mai Adua road (Katsina State), Aba-Owerri road(Abia State), Onitsha-Owerri road (Anambra State) and Oyo-Ogbomosho road (Oyo State).

Massive work is ONGOING in various other highways in the 6 geo-political zones, including ongoing dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road; Kano–Potiskum–Maiduguri Road; the Benin–Ore–Shagamu Expressway; the Onitsha–Enugu Expressway; the construction of the Loko–Oweto bridge( across River Benue); East-West road; dualisation of Benin-Lokoja road; Vandeikia-Obudu-Obodu Cattle Ranch road (Phase 1) in Benue State; Mbaise-Ngwa road in Imo/Abia states, with bridges at Imo River (Phase 1); Abriba-Arochukwu-Ohafia road, in Abia State (Phase 1); Makurdi-Gboko road Phase 1 Wannune-Yandev section, in Benue; Ohafia Abia State-Oso in Ebonyi; Sections 1A and 1B of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora Roads, respectively in Sokoto State, Kebbi and Niger; Kunya-Kanya-Babura-Babban Mutum Road in Jigawa; Zing-Yakoko-Monkin Road in Taraba; Alkeleri-Bauchi Road in Bauchi; Aguoba-Owa-Mgbagbu Owa-Ebenebe at the Anambra border to the Awaha-Oyofo-Iwollo Road in Enugu State; Ofa by-pass in Ofa council in Kwara; the Ikot-Ekpene border-Ada Owerri dualisation section phase one in Akwa-Ibom, Abia and Imo; Utor Bridge project on Asaba-Ebu-Uromi Road in Delta; Oshodi-Apapa road in Lagos; Ijebu Ode road in Ogun; etc, etc

Bad portions on almost all federal roads all over the country, not mentioned above, are being fixed under a massive intervention called Project Safe Passage. The Lagos-Ibadan expressway and Enugu-Portharcourt roads were among roads that received attention under Project Safe Passage.

The Third Mainland bridge was not left out. Late last year, the EIGHT expansion joints of bridge was re-constructed. Recently, the bridge was re-surfaced by FERMA. Currently, the markings and lighting system of the bridge is being fixed by FERMA, in collaboration with SURE-P.

The ICING ON THE CAKE in the road sector this year will be commencement of work on the Second Niger Bridge (by Julius Berger), and commencement of full re-construction of Lagos-Ibadan and Enugu-Portharcourt expressways.

Haters just want to criticized, but they can`t justifer it. i pity them acn and apc people
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by prologue: 12:07pm On May 21, 2013
Here they come: Our roads are no longer death traps. True or False.
National president of Data Entry and Amusement Developers, welcome.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by nairabound: 12:19pm On May 21, 2013
Goddex:

Ok, let us put them to shame. Simply mention the federal roads that are bad and are not receiving attention.
kontagora-yauri-zuru and kontagora-yauri-jega roads are death trap and they are all federal roads.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by adedejiadekunle: 12:23pm On May 21, 2013
WHO IS FOOLING WHO. BUNCH OF LIARS. WHAT OF LAGOS-IBADAN EXPRESSWAY.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by YomiYarzo: 12:25pm On May 21, 2013
May be Dr. Ngozi Olojeme is referring to the roads that lead to her house
the state of federal road in the south west is horrible
Ikorodu - Sagamu road is a horrible example
Ikorodu Itokin Road is another
Lagos - Ibadan nko, anything smooth about that one too
or Aba - Port Harcourt Road: I have never seen roads that bad in my life
And am sure there will be many horror stories on the state of federal roads with other nairalanders

She is probably high on pure water to make such statements that directly insult Tax paying Nigerians
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by Haslad(m): 12:31pm On May 21, 2013
IBADAN EXPRESS ROAD, IS IT OKAY BY NOW ?
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by kavey10(m): 12:32pm On May 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Isn't it ironic that some people want GEJ to fix all the federal roads in 2yrs when state govts have not been able to fix all state roads in 6 or 8yrs. Those who tell us that because one or two roads in their vicinity have not been fixed, NOTHING has been done should be seen as mischief makers, DEVILISH LIARS and propagandists.

You mister, are fighting a lost war. To be fair, rehabilitations have been good in areas I go BUT they are not 80% complete. Especially Ore-Benin(terrible patches, the driver has to manoeuver some crazy elevations to get through). Ibadan-Ore road is mostly narrow and scary. I get pissed off whan I see those useless FERMA signboards along the road, are they expecting praise for doing their job?

P.S: GEJ is getting so much stick now because PEOPLE ARE WAKING UP NOW THAN EVER!! We are not silent anymore. WE ARE AWARE!! Critics will forever remain, you can't stop them. GEJ's aim should be to let his ACTIONS do the CONVERSION FOR HIM INSTEAD OF USING PROPAGANDA! That ain't effective in this age man.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by dolphinife: 1:02pm On May 21, 2013
if i dnt know any federal road, i know that sagamu benin expressway is the most ridiculous road in dis country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four Reasons Why Jonathan Surrendered Easily / Labaran Maku Still In The Governorship Race / You Can Accuse Osinbajo Of Anything But Not Corruption - By Fredrick Nwabufo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.