Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P (8696 Views)

See What Bad Roads Are Causing In Aba (photo) / Senate Declares Airport, Kubwa Roads Death Traps / Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 21, 2013
CFCfan:

You're wrong. At least, the portions of the freeway in my area look superb, due to endless maintenance works being carried out on them.

We have endless orange cones but no actual work.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by Lawalemi(m): 5:51pm On May 21, 2013
What of Lagos/Abeokuta road?
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by PapaBrowne(m): 8:26pm On May 21, 2013
payless: ^^^^^^

"World Class Road"

Really?

This is what a world class road looks like. This road is not even close to being called world class. I drive on this road everyday. Nigeria deserves better than those pictures you just uploaded. That road does not even look like a newly conctructed or re-paved road.

When I see comments like this, it confirms to me that progress is being made.
We have moved from shoWng horrible pictures of Benin Ore road to asking why our roads are not as good as those in the USA?
That is massive progress in my opinion when you consider that this has happened in just 2 years of a government that is under terrorist attack left,right and center.

Good. Its no more about potholes on our roads, but now about the quality of the roads that have been surfaced.

And one question to my ACN supporters, how come you arent complaining that the roads in Lagos don't look like the one in the picture. The only one they want to make look like that is taking over ten years and less than 30km has been completed despite the fact that the road has been tolled and is raking in billions already!

1 Like

Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by shaqoloye(m): 9:27pm On May 21, 2013
liars......ikorodu to sagamu 4 instance is F9 nt to talk of ikorodu to ijebu ode, all federal road. shame....,u can fool some but not all
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by kavey10(m): 9:40pm On May 21, 2013
PapaBrowne:

How come you are not silent about GEJ despite owning up that there is considerable improvement in just 2 years, but you are silent about Ekiti and Osun states whose governors have been around for longer than 3 years and still have very horrible state roads?
Why are you judging Jonathan with one yardstick and judging others with another?

Well, I have eyes and the topic of this thread clearly indicates Federal roads rehabilitation, so we talk with what's on ground. If a topic on those state roads come up then why won't I talk bout that. I ain't biased, man. Stop celebrating mediocrity!!
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by prologue: 7:02am On May 22, 2013
PapaBrowne:

And one question to my ACN supporters, how come you arent complaining that the roads in Lagos don't look like the one in the picture. The only one they want to make look like that is taking over ten years and less than 30km has been completed despite the fact that the road has been tolled and is raking in billions already!
Have u used akwanga-lafia road? How long is it taking ENL? Knowing they were dt miserable, why did jona re award it to them again? SURE-P had to combine with FERMA to produce these performance... U shameless rascals would still come here n spew rubbish. Simple question "Nigerian roads are no longer death traps", true or false. What concerns acn , pfn, fifa abi hiv? Like ur oga, anything dt disagrees na enemy, opposition or potential wife snatcher. Ok.. No use vex run ooo, ur daily pay depends on it. If u answer this wella, u go overtake sincere9nigerian.
P.S no gree make them give u okada like sagati ooo. Keke napep is safer for naija road. U guys are doing a great job. See upgrade... Post 500k words n get an okada. Before 2015, na elbow u go take dey type. More power to ur elbows.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by prologue: 7:19am On May 22, 2013
Shagati: Ogbomosho-Ilorin

40km of rolling straights and fast corners. Every biker's dream wink

Makes going from Lagos to Ilorin to have lunch and return to base very tempting!

Shagati

Wow... Seeing is believing. You earned it man. Type 500k words n win an okada. Carry this okada come these road wen we dey complain of nah?
Sorry Oo, no vex, na ur lappy dey for d back? I think say em no dey allow una carry am comot go outside?
Ooh... Sorry, my bad. I no know say bajaj motorcycle dey do lappy too.
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by taharqa2: 7:28am On May 22, 2013
prologue:

Wow... Seeing is believing. You earned it man. Type 500k words n win an okada. Carry this okada come these road wen we dey complain of nah?
Sorry Oo, no vex, na ur lappy dey for d back? I think say em no dey allow una carry am comot go outside?
Ooh... Sorry, my bad. I no know say bajaj motorcycle dey do lappy too.
Will you shut up yr mouth plz? You are kind of making a foool of yrself here, guy. Dont beat up yrself YET cos people are saying that sm previously roads are becoming beta; this is just d beginning...
Re: Roads Are No Longer Death Traps - SURE-P by prologue: 8:01am On May 22, 2013
taharqa2: Will you shut up yr mouth plz? You are kind of making a foool of yrself here, guy. Dont beat up yrself YET cos people are saying that sm previously roads are becoming beta; this is just d beginning...
Aha... I touched a nerve. Who is fooling who? Someone that refused to be fooled is now a fool?
With the resources available via Sure-p, n allocation via fg, this is a joke. Simple question, mr wisdom. "Are our roads still death traps" plz, stay with d question, I know u are angry, but direct it to d very dumb n dubious woman at sure-p.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘we Need To Get Nigerians Out Of America – Donald Trump / FULL List Of The Amount Each Governors Earn In Nigeria / President Tinubu's Diplomatic Engagements Strengthen Nigeria's Global Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.