Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Leading me on or playing hard to get? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Leading me on or playing hard to get? (2282 Views)

When Playing "Hard-To-Get" Goes Too Far?! / Playing Hard To Get- The Pros And Cons? / A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leading me on or playing hard to get? by Abujafood: 1:19pm On May 21, 2013
I've heard it said before that a lady should flirt with a guy to indicate interest but tease him to make him chase her. That might explain a few games girls play with guys when they're been asked out.

My case I've been asking this girl out for a while, she'll encourage me to hit on her but go suddenly cold when I make a move sometimes switching her phone off for weeks. The last time she tried this about 2 weeks ago I just made up my mind never to call her.

I noticed she doesn't really care whether or not I call but whenever I call her she's receptive until I start making my moves again then the whole process repeats itself.

Is she leading me on i.e pretending to like me when she doesn't or is this playing hard to get?

Your thoughts will be appreciated!
Re: Leading me on or playing hard to get? by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 21, 2013
Did you flat-out ask her out? What did she say?

Either she's playing hard to get or she's not interested.
You're the one who keeps calling her. You get time.

1 Like

Re: Leading me on or playing hard to get? by 25omega(m): 3:20pm On May 21, 2013
Abujafood: I've heard it said before that a lady should flirt with a guy to indicate interest but tease him to make him chase her. That might explain a few games girls play with guys when they're been asked out.

My case I've been asking this girl out for a while, she'll encourage me to hit on her but go suddenly cold when I make a move sometimes switching her phone off for weeks. The last time she tried this about 2 weeks ago I just made up my mind never to call her.

I noticed she doesn't really care whether or not I call but whenever I call her she's receptive until I start making my moves again then the whole process repeats itself.

Is she leading me on i.e pretending to like me when she doesn't or is this playing hard to get?

Your thoughts will be appreciated!
i had to quote your post because it's funny

you ask her out and she goes cold and she wouldn't take your call for weeks then after she calms down she takes your call then you ask her out again and then she goes cold again grin grin ol boy abeg find another woman to chase. Seems like some guys on here have to be insulted or shut down with prejudice before they get it.

so what are these moves of yours that you make? and what does she say?

1 Like

Re: Leading me on or playing hard to get? by AtheistD(m): 5:51pm On May 21, 2013
@OP

She aint into you dude. She likes and respects you but doesnt fancy you or want to date you. Either that or your moves are pants cool
Re: Leading me on or playing hard to get? by vizboy(m): 6:46pm On May 21, 2013
My guy she is not into u simple. U are not her type. Dont u get the message she has give to you. My brother Na friendzone u dey so
Re: Leading me on or playing hard to get? by AtheistD(m): 6:52pm On May 21, 2013
vizboy: My guy she is not into u simple. U are not her type. Dont u get the message she has give to you. My brother Na friendzone u dey so

The dreaded friendzone sad

I was nearly friendzoned once, but I fought my way out of it cheesy. I will save that story for another day grin
Re: Leading me on or playing hard to get? by Abujafood: 7:11pm On May 21, 2013
Thanks so far!

Actually I'm merely disregarding my instincts which tells me to leave this girl alone and move on. I'm naturally a proud person so taking me for granted especially by ignoring me will really annoy me and I'll avoid you completely. But with this girl it's different she won't out rightly say no but is acting like she's not interested even when i asked her to bear her mind that I'll respect whatever she tells me.
Re: Leading me on or playing hard to get? by 25omega(m): 7:28pm On May 21, 2013
^^ not everyone is strong enough to say no when put on the spot.

you should gather your pride and actually be friends with her but if i were you i won't revisit the talk of dating even when she is available.
Re: Leading me on or playing hard to get? by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 21, 2013
I guess if you have time for games you can continue to play....but...I for once have Zero tolerance for games period....and ive never lost a woman single woman to this...
Re: Leading me on or playing hard to get? by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 21, 2013
Ya you shouldn't be wasting your time on useless interactions that you know won't go any where (this goes to the lady as well), and she seems to be doing this already, so you do the same.

PS: And like I always say, in case you are trying to get with a child who doesn't know how to allow what she herself wants to happen, the best way to understand what a girl feels about you is for her to see you out with another girl, preferably much hotter than herself. They usually start acting very stupidly obvious afterwards. Then you can choose what you want from there. No time for stupidity.

...unless you are incapable of going out with a hotter girl.
Re: Leading me on or playing hard to get? by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 22, 2013

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Selling Point? / Man Threatens To ‘kill’ MI Over Girlfriend (pics) / Opinion: Why Do Some Handsome Guys End Up Marrying Ugly Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.