Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? (20864 Views)

Help! My Friend Wants To Divorce Her Husband For Kissing Their Baby. / I Love My Wife. I Caught My Bestfriend bedding Her, Should I Divorce Her. / I Don't Want To Divorce Her,but Do I Have Any Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:03am On May 25, 2013
biolabee:

If it makes you slEep better at night

Yeah the truth tends to do that.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by coogar: 11:10am On May 25, 2013
ileobatojo:
Yeah the truth tends to do that.

lol
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Princesszoe: 11:30am On May 25, 2013
@ cutiepie no you got the scripture all wrong. Am surprised that up till now some people don't understand what the bible says about divorce. The scripture says that anyone that divorces except as a result of adultery and remarries, commits adultery. Matthew 19 vs 9. You can only divorce and remarry when your partner committs adultery. If it happens that you divorced for any other reason other than adultery, according to matthew 19 vs 9, you must remain unmarried until your divorced partner dies. And whoever was divorced as a result of adultery, is not meant to marry again and whoever marries anybody that was divorced as a result of adultery, joins the divorced person to become an adulterous person. That is exactly what the bible says. But if the person who was divorced because of adultery repents geniuely and vow to God not to repeat such again, he or she can be granted permission from heaven to remarry. But in most cases, remarrying depends on whether the partner has moved on, leaves at unknown destination or completely refused after several geninue begging but which ever one is the case, restitution must be done in one way or the other. Again, you can remarry if your spouse whose is not a believer moves away from the marriage. 1 corinthians 7 verses 15. The situation that is very terrible in which bible didn't record on how it should be handled is abuse or life threatening marriages. This is very dangerous if it is not tackled properly because life may be lost. Whoever that is in such marriage, should pray and meet a geniue man of God for guidance. That is all i can say about life threatening marriages.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 3:53pm On May 25, 2013
Really lol..
She's really a piece of work undecided

coogar:

lol
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by coogar: 4:07pm On May 25, 2013
biolabee: Really lol..

that's why she's ileoba....
banished from her village for razing the king's palace, she's since become a dangerous witch doctor. grin she nor dey gree!

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 25, 2013
coogar:

that's why she's ileoba....
banished from her village for razing the king's palace, she's since become a dangerous witch doctor. grin she nor dey gree!

grin grin grin

biolabee: Really lol..

angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by BlessingF(f): 5:34pm On May 26, 2013
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by coogar: 6:36pm On May 26, 2013
Blessing F:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mliMeVWcSg

who is the mgbeke with an epic fail voice? sit back and enjoy became "stick back and enjoy" haaaaaaaa, i am so pissed with these yeye presenters. if speaking english is a challenge, biko try pidgin......
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 26, 2013
coogar - ur so right

i am laughing so much right now
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by lovelydoll: 2:49am On Jun 03, 2013
50calibre:

No! You fail to see the cultural differences between the west and Africa. In the west you don't pay anything to marry someone, in Nigeria you do. In the west divorce is an easy option due to the dysfunctional court system, in Nigeria divorce is a last resort. In the west a woman gets alimony, in Nigeria you most likely go empty handed.

Africa is the only place where men are given their due respect and entitlement and it should be preserved at all cost.

Reason why africa is the bottom of everyone.

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by lovelydoll: 2:57am On Jun 03, 2013
All i can say is if majority of nigerian women are like this.Then nigeria really needs to watchout,for the what will happen next.

you cannot oppress ppl ,its been proven in history time and time again.you opress they rebel and rebellions are not a pretty site.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by bukatyne(f): 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
coogar:

and you know that, how?
hilary clinton is a powerful woman - what did she do when she learnt monica lewinsky was polishing her husband's knob? did she flee? that's a sensible woman you have there - a selfless woman. the woman put her family first before her own selfish pride!

I hope men are also this selfless too
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by coogar: 3:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
bukatyne:
I hope men are also this selfless too

men have always been selfless - they tend to keep the secret of their partner's infidelity than the women on the average.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by bukatyne(f): 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
coogar:

men have always been selfless - they tend to keep the secret of their partner's infidelity than the women on the average.

Men on NL right? undecided
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by bukatyne(f): 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
I hope those disgrace that called themselves women especially the one that opened her mouth that looks like drum that 'as long as he takes care of me' will NOT have female children so that this demonic cycle can be broken.

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by coogar: 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
bukatyne:
Men on NL right? undecided

men everywhere!
whyme22 kept his wife's infidelity to himself. if the reverse was the case, he would have been reported to AIT/CNN plus the area pastor.....
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by bukatyne(f): 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
coogar:

men everywhere!
whyme22 kept his wife's infidelity to himself. if the reverse was the case, he would have been reported to AIT/CNN plus the area pastor.....

And Whyme22 represents all the men in Naija right?

He really kept it to himself that's why he posted it on NL!
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by coogar: 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
bukatyne:
And Whyme22 represents all the men in Naija right?

he does....

He really kept it to himself that's why he posted it on NL!

nairaland is an anonymous medium.
do you know whyme in the real world? his parents don't even know what went down between his wife n the family friend.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by MMotimo: 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
coogar:

Coogar, more like embarrassment, it's not selfless. A cheating wife goes straight to a man's ego and pride

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by coogar: 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
MMotimo:
Coogar, more like embarrassment, it's not selfless. A cheating wife goes straight to a man's ego and pride

so why can't a cheating husband go straight to a woman's dignity and honour. yet, when it's time to share power and money women scream sex equality!!!
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by MMotimo: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Can't speak for anyone else but (God forbid) if it happened to me, I would consider it dishonorable to me, our kids and the life we have built

coogar:

so why can't a cheating husband go straight to a woman's dignity and honour. yet, when it's time to share power and money women scream sex equality!!!
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by coogar: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
MMotimo:
Can't speak for anyone else but (God forbid) if it happened to me, I would consider it dishonorable to me, our kids and the life we have built

thank you!
however, it's unfortunate you are one out of 10 women out there that would think this way. the love of material wealth in the developed countries is an incentive for women to get rid of their partners....

met this woman the other night in the city and she insisted on buying this expensive drink. i wanted to foot the bill and she said i should let her take care of it. she said her last two divorces paid her enough money to afford her expensive lifestyle!
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
Some more facts on the paternity fraud debate we had here some days back...
That world gets murkier by the day

For suspicious fathers, the paternity fraud rate is 30% while for confident fathers.. its much ,much less

Which father are you...

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2013/05/paternity_testing_personal_genomics_companies_will_reveal_dna_secrets.single.html

Last December, 23andMe announced that it would be cutting prices for its genome scans. The 7-year-old company reduced the cost from $299 to $99, in the hopes of building a database of 1 million users by the end of 2013. (They’re one-quarter of the way there.) If that happens, how many of those clients will find themselves in the same dismaying situation as Jackie and her brother?
The study of false fatherhood, or nonpaternity, has turned up a wide variety of answers. University of Oklahoma anthropologist Kermyt Anderson says that measured rates of nonpaternity vary quite dramatically depending on the group of people being tested. Among those men who are quite confident of their status as biological fathers—the ones who volunteer their families for genetic studies of inheritance, for example—Anderson found a rate of nonpaternity of roughly 1.7 percent. At minimum, he says, 1 in 60 dads raises children that don't belong to him.

Anderson also went through data from companies that make their money testing for paternity. The men who send off DNA for these commercial tests presumably have cause to be suspicious. These men should have the highest incidence of nonpaternity, Anderson says. When he checked the research on this population, he found a median rate of close to 30 percent.

The true number across the U.S. population likely falls between these two extremes, but while it's often said that 10 percent of fathers are raising someone else's child, this interpolation isn't quite supported by the facts. The best summations of the data figure an overall prevalence of nonpaternity at more like 2 or 3 percent. One analysis from 2008 looked at several dozen studies going back to the 1890s and found an average rate of 3.1 percent, but also hinted that the numbers might be declining over time (possibly in concert with increasing contraceptive use).

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by CHIMSKY(m): 8:40am On Jul 06, 2013
Table Leg :

You are right .... They blow it up on the internet and pipe it low in the real world!
Womens liberation na wash!Its selective.I know my wife is not going anywhere.I am confident.Know why,cos I pick all the basic bills and give her luxuries her friends can only dream about.
Women na "oshofree".Once u have resources.Relax.They aint going nowhere.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 10:34am On Jul 06, 2013
CHIMSKY:
Womens liberation na wash!Its selective.I know my wife is not going anywhere.I am confident.Know why,cos I pick all the basic bills and give her luxuries her friends can only dream about.
Women na "oshofree".Once u have resources.Relax.They aint going nowhere.

Hahahaha

But bros he that thinkest he stands take heed oooooooo lest ...........

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"Men Are Totally Useless" - Lady Tells Man Who Advised Wives / New Study On How To Avoid Adultery In Your Marriage / Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.