Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? (20583 Views)

Help! My Friend Wants To Divorce Her Husband For Kissing Their Baby. / I Love My Wife. I Caught My Bestfriend bedding Her, Should I Divorce Her. / I Don't Want To Divorce Her,but Do I Have Any Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 9:38am On May 23, 2013
What happened to women's liberation in this our Nigeria sha... just hear these answers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ-pZoV7H8s
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Freiburger(m): 9:43am On May 23, 2013
eyah, Naija women, just too real for my hating. grin grin grin
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by TableLeg(m): 9:52am On May 23, 2013
SMH ..... Terrible responses!

If this survey/interview represents the views of all Nigeria women, then i think its OVER!

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by maclatunji: 9:53am On May 23, 2013
These women are typical of majority of Nigerian women.

Our Nairaland feminist warriors have a long way to go. I dare say some of them take the things they claim they will never accept online within the confines of their homes.

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by maclatunji: 9:54am On May 23, 2013
Please someone should tell the interviewer to stop "Axing" questions.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by TableLeg(m): 10:08am On May 23, 2013
maclatunji: These women are typical of majority of Nigerian women.

Our Nairaland feminist warriors have a long way to go. I dare say some of them take the things they claim they will never accept online within the confines of their homes.

You are right .... They blow it up on the internet and pipe it low in the real world!
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Freiburger(m): 10:21am On May 23, 2013
Table Leg :

You are right .... They blow it up on the internet and pipe it low in the real world!
It's all good.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by eagleeye2: 10:25am On May 23, 2013
Table Leg :

They blow it up on NL because it is a Faceless Forum. I always ask, who are those women taking sh,it from their men?
The real Feminist in Real Life Naija, is not even up to 10% of those who spread feminist Ideologies on the net.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 10:31am On May 23, 2013
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 10:38am On May 23, 2013
plenty people get mouth on the internet o... but they will not say the same in real life...
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 10:55am On May 23, 2013
Hehehe.....

Naija women in Nigeria don suffer!

99.999% of Men living in Nigeria are cheats!

I said men in Naija! It can be an American, chinese...

Dat my country needs serious overhauling!

Even if you don't wanna cheat, the trmptation from the ladies too much o.

ThankGod for his mercies in ma life.

If you think you are a man living in Naija and you don't cheat, sincerely....then you belong to the 0.001%,

tongue

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 10:58am On May 23, 2013
Chai!!i really sorry for some women.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 23, 2013
Naija women , we deserve better o!

Join the bandwagon of arse kicking if cheated on, or beating....

Free yourselves from financial slavery...
Free yourselves from....marital bondage....
Free yourselves from...I must marry from my tribe...
Free yourselves from... I must marry Naija man...
Free yourselves from... I must marry..
Free yourselves from...what people might think.

You know the right thing to do!

Aids is real!

You won't leave marriage but you can poison him. Nothing wey I no go hear!

Chai!

****singing!! Giving glory to The Lord, he reigns! *****

cheesy cheesy

Odikwa serious!

8 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:07am On May 23, 2013
maclatunji: These women are typical of majority of Nigerian women.

Speak for yourself! sad

Change ur ways, if not! Na rat poison woman u fit marry!

The war is not over tongue

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:07am On May 23, 2013
Vikin: Hehehe.....

Naija women in Nigeria don suffer!

99.999% of Men living in Nigeria are cheats!

I said men in Naija! It can be an American, chinese...

Dat my country needs serious overhauling!

Even if you don't wanna cheat, the trmptation from the ladies too much o.

ThankGod for his mercies in ma life.

If you think you are a man living in Naija and you don't cheat, sincerely....then you belong to the 0.001%,

tongue

Most women are returning the blows hereooooooo!!!!Naija women are fast becoming like their men.

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:10am On May 23, 2013
byvan:

Most women are returning the blows hereooooooo!!!!

Am telling you! cheesy cheesy..maybe if am that brainwash by religion, am sure I will fall in the category of rat poisoning grin

Oh my G...
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:12am On May 23, 2013
Table Leg :

Hehehe....you may be right!

But I think that's why our Naija men die like fowl.

If aids no kill them, rat poison dey wait cheesy
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:13am On May 23, 2013
grin
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:16am On May 23, 2013
Abeg, if you know say u fall in the category of No divorce, while you are at it, make sure you know your husband. Bank details and investment...

Should in case the rat poison work tongue

Man shall not eat his cake and have it!

It's written in the book of law!
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:21am On May 23, 2013
Vikin: Abeg, if you know say u fall in the category of No divorce, while you are at it, make sure you know your husband. Bank details and investment...

Should in case the rat poison work tongue

Man shall not eat his cake and have it!

It's written in the book of law!

;DVikin pleaseeeeeee !!!!!stop!!!!! people are beginning to stare at me because of my laughter.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:57am On May 23, 2013
The feminists warriors are still a minority in Nigeria. The average Nigerian woman will stay with a cheating or even violent husband and that is the sad truth and there are many reasons for this.

Nigeria is a status society and one such societal status is being called Mrs. Another thing is that some women are not financially empowered to be independent so they have no financial means of surviving on their own. We do not have strong divorce laws so if the woman leaves she may get absolutely nothing.

Lastly, the truth is that Nigerian women cheat as much as the men. Who do the men cheat with, isn't is women. Most married men cheat with single ladies, who later get married and their own husbands cheat on them. The truth is that what goes around comes around and the cycle goes on and everybody understands it. Men cheat and women cheat, even married women so both parties can understand when/why it happens.

5 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 23, 2013
YouTube seemed more real than NL , real unpaid actors grin

Vikin easy Biko , dont you think your posts is kinda biased?

cheating is rampant in Nigeria yes ( and everywhere else too) but it goes both ways , women cheat too.

also our Society mock any whimpering men ( as they're their sole provider, alpha and their omega so can never be abused).

As for those women 'enduring' abusive and repeated cheating spouses , look closer they're all ALABODOS ( feed&fvck).... As long as he provides their needs , it's all worth it for them is what they always preach wink Mrs is waay more important to toy with. undecided

It's all in the video innit?
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 23, 2013
Before the misogynists start ranting, who isn't aware that the typical Nigerian woman would prefer to die there? Why on earth do you think the ladies here are always up in arms when they come with their pathetic stories pretending to seek for advice? These are the same women that will turn up their noses when a woman sees it fit to divorce her husband. As they say misery loves company. These women too are cheating on their spouses, but they can't say that on camera, can they?

From the video, I think i've been proven right that Nigerian men are currently NOT attractive as husbands. Tufiakwa! Look at how the women sound helpless and have given up on these men.

Other nationalities can have them Abeg! Where are those pretty SA chics. Come and get them so I can see road.

4 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 23, 2013
WOW - it really is by FIRE BY FORCE
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 23, 2013
stillwater: Before the misogynists start ranting, who isn't aware that the typical Nigerian woman would prefer to die there? Why on earth do you think the ladies here are always up in arms when they come with their pathetic stories pretending to seek for advice? These are the same women that will turn up their noses when a woman sees it fit to divorce her husband. As they say misery loves company. These women too are cheating on their spouses, but they can't say that on camera, can they?

From the video, I think i've been proven right that Nigerian men are currently NOT attractive as husbands. Tufiakwa! Look at how the women sound helpless and have given up on these men.

Other nationalities can have them Abeg! Where are those pretty SA chics. Come and get them so I can see road.

the one that shocked me was the rat poison one - na wah o!! that is some hard core wickedness
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 23, 2013
cotton101:

the one that shocked me was the rat poison one - na wah o!! that is some hard core wickedness

I'm surprised she can say that on camera. Tells us the lack of exposure that one is dealing with. If things go awry between her and her husband and poison is involved, you think the courts would think she was joking?

I give them a few more years, what whyme22's wife did will be infinitesimal to what they'll do. People are taking abuse for granted. Abuse that can kill all your sensibilities. No wonder when you see Nigerian women and their maids, gateman, drivers they release all devilish and wicked antics on these people. Doing big madam but them dey pounce and beat you for house. Rubbish!
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 23, 2013
rat poison kwa? Ota pia pia

Nigerians living in nigeria still have a long way to go. Look at that eejit willing to stay in an abusive marriage if her man is taking care of her.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 23, 2013
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 23, 2013
stillwater:

I'm surprised she can say that on camera. Tells us the lack of exposure that one is dealing with. If things go awry between her and her husband and poison is involved, you think the courts would think she was joking?

I give them a few more years, what whyme22's wife did will be infinitesimal to what they'll do. People are taking abuse for granted. Abuse that can kill all your sensibilities. No wonder when you see Nigerian women and their maids, gateman, drivers they release all devilish and wicked antics on these people. Doing big madam but them dey pounce and beat you for house. Rubbish!

my dear the way some of these women bully (yes thats what it is) bully their domestic staff or people who they feel are below them in the social status level is wicked and shocking - instead of seeking mediation and therapy in their marriage they beat their frustrations out on the weaker people in their life.

is it not pathetic that the woman in denim thinks its ok to stick by a man who could possibly make u deaf in one ear (think halle berry) cos he feeds and clothes her.

i don't know if its low self esteem or just placing no value on the status of women and/or marriage that makes people believe that the vows and teachings in the bible are not important

the same bible they are calling tells men to love their wives and say u can divorce in the case of divorce.

Instead of people to place more respect on marriage and not having their wedding in bella naija/linda ikeji and ovation

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 23, 2013
Why did I come on Nairaland this morning ehn??!......This is so depressing, I just want to cry.

Where d heck do we start from?...... I mean this is what these women will pass on to their young girls, it's fvcked up!

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by maclatunji: 1:24pm On May 23, 2013
jennykadry: rat poison kwa? Ota pia pia

Nigerians living in Nigeria still have a long way to go. Look at that eejit willing to stay in an abusive marriage if her man is taking care of her.

Hahahahahahaa... Now, it has become a case of "Nigerians living in Nigeria". Can't stop laughing.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Hahahahahahaa... Now, it has become a case of "Nigerians living in Nigeria". Can't stop laughing.

No, I think it's worse there. When you are done laughing we can discuss like two mature adults. Until then.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores / My First Year Wedding Anniversary, To God Bethe Glory / Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.