Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? (20518 Views)

Help! My Friend Wants To Divorce Her Husband For Kissing Their Baby. / I Love My Wife. I Caught My Bestfriend bedding Her, Should I Divorce Her. / I Don't Want To Divorce Her,but Do I Have Any Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:05am On May 24, 2013
coogar:

what blew this case sky high was the dana air crash.

the morgues asked the next of kins of the crash victims to come forward and claim the bodies - they must come with the paternity test to prove they are related to the victims and negative results started popping off!

And out of the people on the plane they could not prove paternal linkage of what percent? 50%? You're a joke.

I don't need to go back and forth with you. Anyone with a functioning brain can see that you are just typing a lot of nonsense.

You clearly know nothing about statistics or how to validate a study so please stop stinking up this place with your ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:08am On May 24, 2013
biolabee:

Thats why its statistics
If he removes repeat persons and can show his customers represent the average demographics of married couples and their economic status... he has a point... the assumptions are the main thing

Stop shifting the goal post. If he can do this, if he can do that... As it stands right now, this lab doesn't represent a true random sample of the population therefore it cannot be extrapolated to the entire population of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:09am On May 24, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Ileobatojo nothing do you. Do your thing!

And here we have someone with a brain.

Thank you jare!

3 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:12am On May 24, 2013
coogar:

they do paternity tests for visa applicants on family settlement ish. if you know how many nigerian families travelling abroad in lagos then you would edit the asinine comment you typed up there......100 people in 2 years?

han han, even if you lack protein, your thought process shouldn't be this insipid!

So now you're telling me that the people who travel abroad represent a random sample of all of Nigeria?

Incredible!

So, people who have visas to travel abroad, people who are suspicious of the paternity of their children and the small fraction of the 200something people in the air crash represent all of Nigeria as a whole when it comes to paternity fraud?

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by coogar: 2:16am On May 24, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Another one of them undecided, are you not tired dear?

tired of speaking the truth? grin

ileobatojo:
And out of the people on the plane they could not prove paternal linkage of what percent? 50%? You're a joke.

stop embarrassing yourself.....
dr salami's DNA centre(the largest of its kind in lagos) has 50% negative results - he has been operating for 5 years, if i may add! why must you assume all the paternity tests done for less than 300 passengers is the representative of nigeria?

I don't need to go back and forth with you. Anyone with a functioning brain can see that you are just typing a lot of nonsense. You clearly know nothing about statistics or how to validate a study so please stop stinking up this place with your ignorance.

buhahahaha
i would standard-deviate all the pounds in your weight! i don't know about statistics and 50% of all firstborns in nigeria are bastärds.....

ileobatojo:
So now you're telling me that the people who travel abroad represent a random sample of all of Nigeria?

the people who travel abroad are not the only ones required to do DNA tests, why are you isolating each instance i gave? look at the sum of the parts - inheritance issues are there too.

Incredible!

So, people who have visas to travel abroad, people who are suspicious of the paternity of their children and the small fraction of the 200something people in the air crash represent all of Nigeria as a whole when it comes to paternity fraud?

yes, the sum of these parts represent nigeria......if you have an iota of cognitive reasoning - these are actually the women that have no primary reason to cheat cos this is the middle-class, they are not enmeshed in acute poverty so what's the motive?
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 2:16am On May 24, 2013
Amd as he has rightly on what basis is the video showing a few ladies (about 5 or so) symptomatic of the nigerian female running into millions

If we follow what we see on this land, you lot are powered and will not take rubbish from nobody

We don't know the assumptions and thus cant categorically claim the stats are false

As I said earlier 30 percent is the global average for paternity fraud and that, is pretty high

ileobatojo:

Stop shifting the goal post. If he can do this, if he can do that... As it stands right now, this lab doesn't represent a true random sample of the population therefore it cannot be extrapolated to the entire population of Nigeria.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 2:19am On May 24, 2013
A lot of people travel abroad

Enter some parts of Alberta

Na naija just full ground

ileobatojo:

Incredible!

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by coogar: 2:34am On May 24, 2013
biolabee: Amd as he has rightly on what basis is the video showing a few ladies (about 5 or so) symptomatic of the nigerian female running into millions

If we follow what we see on this land, you lot are powered and will not take rubbish from nobody

We don't know the assumptions and thus cant categorically claim the stats are false

As I said earlier 30 percent is the global average for paternity fraud and that, is pretty high

ileoba is a hypocrite.....
she's disputing the claims because the sample size is less than 10, according to her. sometime ago, durex ranked nigerian women as the most unfaithful in the world. i am sure ileoba would have something to say to that as well - the statistics did not interview every nigerian woman thus it's flawed......

i have never met anyone so full of shyte like ileoba...

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 3:29am On May 24, 2013
coogar:

ileoba is a hypocrite.....
she's disputing the claims because the sample size is less than 10, according to her. sometime ago, durex ranked nigerian women as the most unfaithful in the world. i am sure ileoba would have something to say to that as well - the statistics did not interview every nigerian woman thus it's flawed......

i have never met anyone so full of shyte like ileoba...

Your problem is that you exist in a looping vortex of idiocy. There is no hope for you unfortunately.

You are the one that stupidly exposed your own claim as rubbish. Once again read the article you posted yourself.

According to a forensic geneticist, Dr. Abiodun Salami, 30 per cent of fathers are unknowingly nurturing and investing in children who are not biologically theirs.

Salami, who is also the Chief Medical Director, DNA Centre, Lagos, revealed that 50 per cent of the all paternity tests carried out in his laboratory came out negative and mostly affected were first born children.

He said, “Several surveys have shown that approximately three men in 10 are living under the deception that they are the fathers of another man’s children and with advances in genetic testing, they are more likely than ever to find out the shocking truth. Half of the paternity disputes and tests we carried out in two years showed that the fathers were not biologically related to their children especially when the dispute arose on paternity of first born children.

You said 50% of nigerian firstborns are bastards even though the article where you 'got' that information from said no such thing. The article says 50% of the tests in the lab are negative and in your ignorant mind, you took that to mean that 50% of nigerian firstborns are bastards. Even when a superior mind has already told you that you cannot use the numbers out of one lab and blindly apply it to all of Nigeria. Yet in all your stupid glory, you still insist that you must.

I just have one question for you and I hope you won't beat about the bush and just answer. Dr Salami himself based on this article is the one that said 30% of Nigerian men are unknowingly raising bastards. Since his lab numbers of 50% are so representative of all of Nigeria and you insist that is the fact, can you explain to me why the doctor himself is not using his lab numbers as the number for representing all of Nigeria? What exactly is the reason why he would quote a different number from his "all Nigeria encompassing" observation from his lab when that is all that he needs to speak for all of Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 3:36am On May 24, 2013
biolabee: Amd as he has rightly on what basis is the video showing a few ladies (about 5 or so) symptomatic of the nigerian female running into millions

Can you stop speaking out of both sides of your mouth and be clear on what exactly you are trying to say?

On one hand you ask on what basis this video is symptomatic of the Nigerian female but you are fine with the results of one lab being symptomatic of the entire population of Nigeria.

As to your second sentence, it reads as gibberish and makes no sense to me in the context of your first sentence so I don't really know what you are saying.

biolabee: A lot of people travel abroad

Enter some parts of Alberta

Na naija just full ground

*Facepalm*

A lot of people travel abroad, therefore the Nigerians that travel abroad are representative of all Nigerians in the context of this discussion?

Abeg, which mod can I bribe to ban this guy so he can stop assaulting me with his unadulterated tripe?!

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 6:02am On May 24, 2013
My dear friend ileobatojo your problem is your great strenght - your admittedly superb intellect which instead of using to engage in uplifting discourse is always used in either poking fun or bringing others especially guys down

Maybe it gives you a trip; maybe it's gives you meaning

I told you I do not know particularly about 50 percent but global averages show 30 percent which I pasted for you.

I also told you in stats, assumptions are a key parameter in determining the usefulness or not of a hypothesis yet you persist in insulting

You do not differ from some other posters on this section just that you have a brain you actually use

You will come now with perceived this and perceived that (MO etc bla bla bla) but all it comes down to if it makes you feel good trying to feel good over guys.. Go on

Stats 101 - the fact that the probability of a number being rolled on a dice is 16.67percent does not mean that if you roll a dice 6 times, one number can't appear

If global average for paternity fraud is 30 per cent, do it make sense some areas will have higher than this average?

Go figure...

And note my position has been clear

If your brain can process the feedback of 8 viewers as representative of the teeming unenlightened women of 'dark' Nigeria; why is it so difficult for it to do the same with coogar's stats..? Huh??
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 6:05am On May 24, 2013
dayokanu:

No mother is to blame for this. Its the individual.

Its just a cheap excuse to avoid responsibility.

Most of our grandfathers were Polygamous, while a lot of our fathers generation didnt embrace Polygamy.

I agree no one should be blamed but the individual. It's a pity though, I swear I almost wished i could see the one that said "she would stay as long he takes care of her.

Truth is its going to get worse. These women are going to instill these beliefs in their daughters and sons.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by vanitty: 6:44am On May 24, 2013
I keep saying this majority of the sudden death amongst Nigerian men could easily be poison
I hope all this women have no daughters, let their view die with them.
Daddies remember you have daughters. That your baby girl that looks up to you
This video is not a victory for the Nigerian man at all.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by coogar: 6:54am On May 24, 2013
ileobatojo:
Your problem is that you exist in a looping vortex of idiocy. There is no hope for you unfortunately.

you are a consummate simpleton!
there's no chance you can ever be sane if you continue this way. if you cannot understand a clear and concise article such as this then your intellectual compass has been permanently damaged!

You are the one that stupidly exposed your own claim as rubbish. Once again read the article you posted yourself.

you are a flaming charlatan!
30% is the global average - it simply means nigeria is higher than the global average. some countries in the world would be lower than the global average. if you think every country on the planet would return with 30% negative results in paternity test then you are infinitely dumber than i once gave you credits for.....

You said 50% of nigerian firstborns are bastards even though the article where you 'got' that information from said no such thing. The article says 50% of the tests in the lab are negative and in your ignorant mind, you took that to mean that 50% of nigerian firstborns are bastards.

you must be physically/spiritually blind.....

According to a forensic geneticist, Dr. Abiodun Salami, 30 per cent of fathers are unknowingly nurturing and investing in children who are not biologically theirs.

Salami, who is also the Chief Medical Director, DNA Centre, Lagos, revealed that 50 per cent of the all paternity tests carried out in his laboratory came out negative and mostly affected were first born children.

He said, “Several surveys have shown that approximately three men in 10 are living under the deception that they are the fathers of another man’s children and with advances in genetic testing, they are more likely than ever to find out the shocking truth. Half of the paternity disputes and tests we carried out in two years showed that the fathers were not biologically related to their children especially when the dispute arose on paternity of first born children.

Even when a superior mind has already told you that you cannot use the numbers out of one lab and blindly apply it to all of Nigeria. Yet in all your stupid glory, you still insist that you must.

i am not a brain surgeon but from where i stand, i can tell your thalamus and cerebellum have swapped places. dr salami is telling you even though several surveys have showed 1 in 3 men are unknowingly fathering bastärds, his lab is producing a different results that's higher than the global average......

I just have one question for you and I hope you won't beat about the bush and just answer. Dr Salami himself based on this article is the one that said 30% of Nigerian men are unknowingly raising bastards.

there goes your window of stupidity - you have exposed it again with your flawed comprehensive skills. show me in the article where he said 30% of nigerian men are raising bastärds.

Since his lab numbers of 50% are so representative of all of Nigeria and you insist that is the fact, can you explain to me why the doctor himself is not using his lab numbers as the number for representing all of Nigeria? What exactly is the reason why he would quote a different number from his "all Nigeria encompassing" observation from his lab when that is all that he needs to speak for all of Nigeria?

until he did a survey in his own lab, 30% was the globally accepted statistic but his own lab showed a higher value after he compiled the stats. read the article again, but this time, with your thinking cap on!

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 7:07am On May 24, 2013
vanitty: I keep saying this majority of the sudden death amongst Nigerian men could easily be poison
I hope all this women have no daughters, let their view die with them.
Daddies remember you have daughters. That your baby girl that looks up to you
This video is not a victory for the Nigerian man at all.

You are right. there is so much anger and frustration in the land.
No gender has a monopoly of violence
We just dont hear much where men are concerned
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:17am On May 24, 2013
StateOfMind:

It goes to show women never win. If a lady pursues her career to a level where she would be extremely comfortable and decides to settle down at 30-32, these same men would ask her where and what she was up to when her mates were getting married. The inferior ones would see her as too rich and automatically label her as a non-wifey material.
Women can win.
They most definitely can. They can put an end to all this oppression, like you said here

I won't preach independence alone cos I know independent women still get abused, I'd preach growing some b.allz and self esteem so as to know when to say 'I HAVE HAD ENOUGH'
So that's a way for women to win isn't it?
I think the huge chunk of the problem comes from women having the mentality that they are inferior to men and so they have to put up with their sexist crap and also the mentality that marriage is a do or die affair.

By the way, I have not watched this video, but I don't think the number of women that spoke here are up to 30. Why do these men think their responses actually represent the general mentality of modern day nigerian women?
What is even more disgusting is the fact that some men on this thread are actually happy that there are women that think like the women in that video. Tufiakwa!
Women better start learning to stand up for themselves and fight for their rights because they are on their own.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:34am On May 24, 2013
biolabee:

If global average for paternity fraud is 30 per cent, do it make sense some areas will have higher than this average?

Go figure...

Yes it makes sense. Now show me your source of information that says Nigeria is higher than the global average. All I'm asking for here is the actual source. And please don't insult my intellect by quoting Coogar's article.

biolabee:

If your brain can process the feedback of 8 viewers as representative of the teeming unenlightened women of 'dark' Nigeria; why is it so difficult for it to do the same with coogar's stats..? Huh??

Please take this assignment very seriously. Can you show me exactly where I said the feedback of 8 viewers is representative of unenlightened women in Nigeria?

Pathetic!

As for the rest of the gibberish you wrote up there, the only thing it speaks to is your paranoia and lack of discernment. Not worth my time.

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 7:41am On May 24, 2013
ileobatojo:

Yes it makes sense. Now show me your source of information that says Nigeria is higher than the global average. All I'm asking for here is the actual source. And please don't insult my intellect by quoting Coogar's article.

Please take this assignment very seriously. Can you show me exactly where I said the feedback of 8 viewers is representative of unenlightened women in Nigeria?

Pathetic!

As for the rest of the gibberish you wrote up there, the only thing it speaks to is your paranoia and lack of discernment. Not worth my time.

grin grin grin you are a piece of work ....

I only have global stats and that should suffice for now..

good to know you are stepping down
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:42am On May 24, 2013
coogar:

i am not a brain surgeon but from where i stand, i can tell your thalamus and cerebellum have swapped places. dr salami is telling you even though several surveys have showed 1 in 3 men are unknowingly fathering bastärds, his lab is producing a different results that's higher than the global average......

until he did a survey in his own lab, 30% was the globally accepted statistic but his own lab showed a higher value after he compiled the stats. read the article again, but this time, with your thinking cap on!

I really hope you don't truly believe all this rubbish you are posting. 50% of tests in his labe means 50% of tests in his lab does not mean 50% of all of Nigeria. Period. Let me know when you actually have a credible source for the random numbers you are throwing around. I'll be waiting.

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:45am On May 24, 2013
biolabee:

grin grin grin you are a piece of work ....

I only have global stats and that should suffice for now..

good to know you are stepping down

Please answer my questions.

ileobatojo:

Now show me your source of information that says Nigeria is higher than the global average.

If you can't answer, can you at least tell us why you are jumping up and down making statements and claims you can't back up? In other words why are you a blatant liar?

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 7:48am On May 24, 2013
ileobatojo:

Please answer my questions.

If you can't answer, can you at least tell us why you are jumping up and down making statements and claims you can't back up? In other words why are you a blatant liar?

whats the issue.. i gave you a site supportign the global stats.. i dont have any supporting Nigeria
if i did, i will have provided it

Which question do you want answered now.. and im no liar... maybe you are
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 7:51am On May 24, 2013
Ileoba..

On the 50 percent what i said is that based on assumptions between demographics and economic situations, it may be possible to extrapolate

At least we all know visa lottery is not only to those of huge economic means

Go figure

I am sure of 30 %.. is that not high.. undecided
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:54am On May 24, 2013
biolabee:

whats the issue.. i gave you a site supportign the global stats.. i dont have any supporting Nigeria
if i did, i will have provided it

Which question do you want answered now.. and im no liar... maybe you are

Stop waffling and answer the questions. I have posted them twice for you. Here they are.

ileobatojo:

1. Now show me your source of information that says Nigeria is higher than the global average.

2. Please take this assignment very seriously. Can you show me exactly where I said the feedback of 8 viewers is representative of unenlightened women in Nigeria?

If you have no answer then how can you not be a liar? Aren't you the one that made the statements upthread? It's a simple request, show me the evidence to support the statements you made.

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 7:59am On May 24, 2013
ileobatojo:

Stop waffling and answer the questions. I have posted them twice for you. Here they are.

If you have no answer then how can you not be a liar? Aren't you the one that made the statements upthread? It's a simple request, show me the evidence to support the statements you made.

Seems u are really on fire this morning

And u are not reading my posts and i will answer you .. I HOPE YOU GET IT this time

1. I said some areas could be higher than the global average - See post below (maybe Nigeria?)

2. I gave u a rebuttal on your own views on Dr Salami's clinic, why is it easy for you to discount a man's claims that half of his cases shows 50% paternity fraud but easier to believe 8 people represent Naija women

biolabee: My dear friend ileobatojo your problem is your great strenght - your admittedly superb intellect which instead of using to engage in uplifting discourse is always used in either poking fun or bringing others especially guys down

Maybe it gives you a trip; maybe it's gives you meaning

I told you I do not know particularly about 50 percent but global averages show 30 percent which I pasted for you.

I also told you in stats, assumptions are a key parameter in determining the usefulness or not of a hypothesis yet you persist in insulting

You do not differ from some other posters on this section just that you have a brain you actually use

You will come now with perceived this and perceived that (MO etc bla bla bla) but all it comes down to if it makes you feel good trying to feel good over guys.. Go on

Stats 101 - the fact that the probability of a number being rolled on a dice is 16.67percent does not mean that if you roll a dice 6 times, one number can't appear

Go figure...

And note my position has been clear

ileobatojo:

Leave Dayo to be cooking things up there. Even in the video, it was only one person out of all the women that said she will stay if he provides. Several said for religious reasons, because you took vows etc. But those ones doesn't suit his rhetoric so their views are to be ignored.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 8:01am On May 24, 2013
biolabee: Ileoba..

On the 50 percent what i said is that based on assumptions between demographics and economic situations, it may be possible to extrapolate

You also said why don't I believe that it is higher in Nigeria than the global average. What I want to know is your source of information for that fact.

it may be possible to extrapolate

It is not.

He can only apply it it he specifically designs and performs a credible study through his lab. It would actually be a darn near impossible study to perform if it's only based out of the lab in one location of the numerous states in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 8:04am On May 24, 2013
biolabee:

2. I gave u a rebuttal on your own views on Dr Salami's clinic, why is it easy for you to discount a man's claims that half of his cases shows 50% paternity fraud but easier to believe 8 people represent Naija women

Oh my God. What is this? Where did I discount the claims that half of the cases in his lab show paternity fraud?

Where did I say 8 people represent Naija women?

Please just quote where I said these things, that's all I need to see. Not some pointless rigmarole.

biolabee:

1. I said some areas could be higher than the global average - See post below (maybe Nigeria?)

Maybe Nigeria? That's it?

In that case, maybe UK, maybe India, maybe Ghana.....See how easy it is to just talk without saying anything meaningful?

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 8:12am On May 24, 2013
ileobatojo: xxxxx

Since you are the only one saying something meaningful...ok!
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 8:18am On May 24, 2013
biolabee:

Since you are the only one saying something meaningful...ok!

By, the way, I just looked at what you quoted and I see nowhere where it says the global number is 30%. Instead, it appears the general consensus is 10%. Can you quote the exact statement that says 30% is the global number of paternity fraud?

And no, the statement you quoted from the AABB tests result does not state that 30% is the global average.

I'm still waiting for the answers to my previous questions. Don't attempt to chicken out. Allow us to see this to it true conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 8:21am On May 24, 2013
ileobatojo:

By, the way, I just looked at what you quoted and I see nowhere where it says the global number is 30%. Instead, it appears the general consensus is 10%. Can you quote the exact statement that says 30% is the global number of paternity fraud?

And no, the statement you quoted from the AABB tests result does not state that 30% is the global average.

damn..... for the umpteenth time ive posted this

Parentage Testing Program Unit - 1999 study by the American Association of Blood Banks that found that in 30 percent of 280,000 blood tests performed to determine paternity, the man tested was not the biological father.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by StateOfMind: 8:21am On May 24, 2013
fellis:
Women can win.
They most definitely can. They can put an end to all this oppression, like you said here

So that's a way for women to win isn't it?
I think the huge chunk of the problem comes from women having the mentality that they are inferior to men and so they have to put up with their sexist crap and also the mentality that marriage is a do or die affair.
What is even more disgusting is the fact that some men on this thread are actually happy that there are women that think like the women in that video. Tufiakwa!
Women better start learning to stand up for themselves and fight for their rights because they are on their own.

I meant women can't win with these nairaland men actually, should have included that in my initial post. I agree with your points and I felt the same disgust about them being 'excited' at their responses and concluding they speak for all married women. I guess it makes them feel good that some women are still enduring abuse in marriage as opposed to what females preach on nairaland.

As far as I am concerned, This is in no way a form of discouragement to the #teamsaNOtoviolenceandgetyouractstogether. Those who are ready to set themselves free will do so when they get the right dose of esteem booster and support.

From what I have read, majority of the women in this video are lazy and comfortable in their misery, who am I to attempt to remove them?
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 8:22am On May 24, 2013
biolabee:

damn..... for the umpteenth time ive posted this

Where in this statement does it state that 30% is the global number?

Parentage Testing Program Unit - 1999 study by the American Association of Blood Banks that found that in 30 percent of 280,000 blood tests performed to determine paternity, the man tested was not the biological father.

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by biolabee(m): 8:29am On May 24, 2013
ileobatojo:

Where in this statement does it state that 30% is the global number?

On the basis of available data... if you want to disprove that.. that is another long thing which is not my own concern
That hypothesis is the starting point
Some countries may be higher, others lower

I did not want to raise this cos it could engender further stereotyping but lets go there..

Some more if you up for this
In the early 1970s, a schoolteacher in southern England assigned a class science project in which his students were to find out the blood types of their parents. The students were then to use this information to deduce their own blood types (because a gene from each parent determines your blood type, in most instances only a certain number of combinations are possible). Instead, 30 per cent of the students discovered their dads were not their biologically fathers.
Between 30 and 50 per cent of women cheat on their partners, compared with 50 to 80 per cent of men, said Dr. Lipton, a psychiatrist with the Swedish Medical Center in Washington who last year co-wrote The Myth of Monogamy with her husband, David Barash.

http://www.australianpaternityfraud.org/news/Globe_and_Mail_Mommys_Little_Secret.htm

I still think we should focus on the topic of this thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How To Buy Washing Machine / Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance / 4 Reasons Why Family Is Better Than Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.