Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy (3857 Views)

Must Read!!why And How I Became A Satanist / The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by ijawkid(m): 7:05pm On May 23, 2013
musKeeto: Cool story.

Finally one atheist convert. And it wasn't a nairaland experience.

Muskeeto see ona mate dey reconvert o.....grincheesy.......
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by vedaxcool(m): 7:23pm On May 23, 2013
Maybe this should make front page! Though we are in no position to verify the story, but we should take the op's word as being true.

@op did the doctor ever explained why you became paralyzed? I mean how did the white stuff actually paralyzed you? And how old are you now and when you became an atheist? Are you sure it wasn't stroke you suffered from? Coz what you describe seem more like stroke, in any case, I believe God actually restore people health as he deems fit! One last thing, are u sure you didn't become an atheist because you wanted a life free from responsibility than because you actually believed there was no god? Sometimes the devils comes in so many forms, prying on peoples weaknesses, this could have been the means to which he made atheism looked great! Any way best wishes from finding your way from the woods . . .
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Creatrixity(m): 7:26pm On May 23, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
@op, I'm sorry to say this but you were not an atheist in the first place. A better term for you would have been fu.cktheist. When did atheism mean sleeping around with any woman that catches your fancy?
Hahahaha!lol
Atheism is not a license to fark anything moving around in skirts!
I am not an atheist but i believe most atheists know better than to partake in such wanton folly and lasciviousness.
Anyways,@op,thank God for you
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by manmustwac(m): 7:35pm On May 23, 2013
Cool story but I believe you were always a christian at heart & it only took an illness to convince you to reconvert back to christinity. How long were you an athiest for? Was it up to a year?
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by InAfconSquad: 7:37pm On May 23, 2013
vedaxcool: Maybe this should make front page! Though we are in no position to verify the story, but we should take the op's word as being true.

@op did the doctor ever explained why you became paralyzed? I mean how did the white stuff actually paralyzed you? And how old are you now and when you became an atheist? Are you sure it wasn't stroke you suffered from? Coz what you describe seem more like stroke, in any case, I believe God actually restore people health as he deems fit! One last thing, are u sure you didn't become an atheist because you wanted a life free from responsibility than because you actually believed there was no god? Sometimes the devils comes in so many forms, prying on peoples weaknesses, this could have been the means to which he made atheism looked great! Any way best wishes from finding your way from the woods . . .
1. He didn't explain anything to me
2. Touched it, and fell down flat.. couldn't move
3. I cannot categorically tell you that now.
4. 2010/2011 don't know the exact year
5. I became an atheist because Mazaje, Muskeeto showed me the light. and yeah! i Guess i wanted to live freely grin
Hope i have answered all your questions?
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by InAfconSquad: 7:42pm On May 23, 2013
manmustwac: Cool story but I believe you were always a christian at heart & it only took an illness to convince you to reconvert back to christinity. How long were you an athiest for? Was it up to a year?
2 years.. I became an atheist late 2010/early 2011 don't know the exact year..I wasn't always a deep Christian, I was just a Sunday Sunday christian.. I guess somehow, when Muskeeto, Mazaje posts started convincing me, I became angry at God.. Life had no meaning to me, I really wanted God to show Himself..
So i guess that was why i went on a bleeping spree..
I was happy to be finally free
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Tpfkakambo(m): 7:43pm On May 23, 2013
Poster, thank God 4 ur testimony.
You cud easily hav died and Gone 2 hell because u tot d model u built to fit God in didnt fit Him.
Many chrstians hav rejcted God cuz of a failed xpctation.
I replied a post yesterday, where a member was arguing and sayg i wrote nonsense, cuz i stressed tht "PRAYER IS'NT THE KEY" . D bible never anywhere has a verse like tht and many ppl hav paid dearly tryg 2 get answers on dat principle.. It's a subtle deception.
Please nxt time humble urself and investgate ur christianity, the bible is God's wrd and stand up solidly to any scrutiny.

For d atheists , their response will b typically dishonest.
Probability of an event like this being tru is 50-50. It cud a lie or d truth. If it is d truth, mor credence to God (whom they believe doesnt exist) if it is a lie (thn ofcurse atheism is justified), Yet theyll always ignore d other side of d coin tht discredts their belief: prvg
tht atheists here arent based on objectvity but biase,
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by InAfconSquad: 7:50pm On May 23, 2013
Tpfkakambo: Poster, thank God 4 ur testimony.
You cud easily hav died and Gone 2 hell because u tot d model u built to fit God in didnt fit Him.
Many chrstians hav rejcted God cuz of a failed xpctation.
I replied a post yesterday, where a member was arguing and sayg i wrote nonsense, cuz i stressed tht "PRAYER IS'NT THE KEY" . D bible never anywhere has a verse like tht and many ppl hav paid dearly tryg 2 get answers on dat principle.. It's a subtle deception.
Please nxt time humble urself and investgate ur christianity, the bible is God's wrd and stand up solidly to any scrutiny.

For d atheists , their response will b typically dishonest.
Probability of an event like this being tru is 50-50. It cud a lie or d truth. If it is d truth, mor credence to God (whom they believe doesnt exist) if it is a lie (thn ofcurse atheism is justified), Yet theyll always ignore d other side of d coin tht discredts their belief: prvg
tht atheists here arent based on objectvity but biase,
There won't be a next time, because I'm never going back.. And for the If false, Atheism is justified theory, that's wrong because I'm sure there are several true stories out there... Atheism shouldn't be justified if my story is true or not.. What matters is your personal experience(S) with Him. As there are true stories out there, there are also fake stories.. The only reason where/When atheism is justified is when we all die, and nothing happens..
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Tpfkakambo(m): 7:50pm On May 23, 2013
Creatrixity:
Hahahaha!lol
Atheism is not a license to fark anything moving around in skirts!
I am not an atheist but i believe most atheists know better than to partake in such wanton folly and lasciviousness.
Anyways,@op,thank God for you

dawkins promotional slogan was about being free..
Sleepg around ddnt make him an atheists, but being an atheists made him re evaluate his moral principles and justified d wanton ness.
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:54pm On May 23, 2013
InAfconSquad:
Yahweh grin grin I pray you get to experience Him too, like i did

And you think we are stupid or something? This cheap lie and deception of yours has on ground here.
Your silly christians are here praising and rejoicing for your fake testimony. But wait, do you read the bible at all?

Hebrews 6:4-6
New International Version (NIV)
4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age
6 and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance.
To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

If you had study the bible very well, you would have seen this verse. You have feed with lies by your pastor. Atheist are intelligent people. We cant be feed with lies.

What made you convert to Atheism in the first place? And please why did you renounce atheism?
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 23, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

And you think we are stupid or something? This cheap lie and deception of yours has on ground here.
Your silly christians are here praising and rejoicing for your fake testimony. But wait, do you read the bible at all?

Hebrews 6:4-6
New International Version (NIV)
4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age
6 and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance.
To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

If you had study the bible very well, you would have seen this verse. You have feed with lies by your pastor. Atheist are intelligent people. We cant be feed with lies.

What made you convert to Atheism in the first place? And please why did you renounce atheism?
.. I have never seen that verse before.. you people know Bible oo
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by vedaxcool(m): 7:59pm On May 23, 2013
InAfconSquad:
1. He didn't explain anything to me
2. Touched it, and fell down flat.. couldn't move
3. I cannot categorically tell you that now.
4. 2010/2011 don't know the exact year
5. I became an atheist because Mazaje, Muskeeto showed me the light. and yeah! i Guess i wanted to live freely grin
Hope i have answered all your questions?

Yep!
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by mazaje(m): 7:59pm On May 23, 2013
Atheim is simply lack of belief in gods. if you believe that atheims means you should go about stealing, telling lies and sleeping around with ladies, then you are a failed human being. . . .

3 Likes

Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by InAfconSquad: 8:00pm On May 23, 2013
LET ME CLEAR THE AIR HERE FOLYKAZE.. I'M NOT HERE TO ARGUE WITH ANYONE.. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION, READ MY POST AGAIN.. OR IF YOU WANNA ARGUE, YOU CAN CREATE YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT THIS STORY AND ARGUE ON IT..
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by vedaxcool(m): 8:01pm On May 23, 2013
Mazaje
Do I sense butt hurt?
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 23, 2013
mazaje: Atheim is simply lack of belief in gods. if you believe that atheims means you should go about stealing, telling lies and sleeping around with ladies, then you are a failed human being. . . .
Mazaje let this story touch you grin grin Accept Christ today and be saved.. Atheism doesn't know right or wrong..If i were to be an atheist, the first thing i'd probably do will be to kill oman.. grin grin In Atheism, you define your rights and wrongs.. There is no sin
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by mazaje(m): 8:10pm On May 23, 2013
InAfconSquad:
2 years.. I became an atheist late 2010/early 2011 don't know the exact year..I wasn't always a deep Christian, I was just a Sunday Sunday christian.. I guess somehow, when Muskeeto, Mazaje posts started convincing me, I became angry at God.. Life had no meaning to me, I really wanted God to show Himself..
So i guess that was why i went on a bleeping spree..
I was happy to be finally free

Most of the greatest "sinners" I know believe in god. Just yesterday a guy beheaded another human while chanting allah is great. . .Take a simple look at nigeria, it is the most rotten country I know. I do business in Nigeria and I can categorically tell you that Nigeria is a rotten country when it comes to the issue of morality. We have no integirty, yet Nigerians are the most religious people I know. I live in a country where majority of the people are atheist but they are better off than Nigerians that overtly believe in god. Come to denmark and ask kids of say 8-10 years old what god is you will be suprised that most of them don';t even know what the god idea is. Just 2 days ago my babe forgot her phone(Samsung S4 in a bus). Some one picked it up and gave the driver. We later met up with the guy cos he also dropped his contact details. The guy is an atheist. I don't think she will ever see that phone if it drops in a bus in any part of Nigeria. If a Danish man or woman tells you yes, its yes, if they tell you know its no, they have integrity and majority of them are honest despite not believing in any god. . .If a Nigerian tells you yes its mostly a lie especially when money is involved. . . At least from my experince. . .
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:10pm On May 23, 2013
InAfconSquad: LET ME CLEAR THE AIR HERE FOLYKAZE.. I'M NOT HERE TO ARGUE WITH ANYONE.. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION, READ MY POST AGAIN.. OR IF YOU WANNA ARGUE, YOU CAN CREATE YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT THIS STORY AND ARGUE ON IT..

Open thread for you? I dont have time for kids like you. Just grow up. Grow up
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2013
Toluwarni:
.. I have never seen that verse before.. you people know Bible oo

I was once a christian and once a muslim. Im not a religious puppet
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 23, 2013
Toluwarni:
Guy abeg, I'm tired of answering questions.. Read the story again, and get the full details..
Whatever i say, you won't believe, I didn't create this thread to argue with anyone.. If you wanna argue, create your own thread about my story and argue about it..

...and the truth comes out!
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 23, 2013
striktlymi:

...and the truth comes out!
wow! Ni66a you bad ooo.. How did you see that?
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Danyell(m): 8:15pm On May 23, 2013
Toluwarni:
Mazaje let this story touch you grin grin Accept Christ today and be saved.. Atheism doesn't know right or wrong..If i were to be an atheist, the first thing i'd probably do will be to kill oman.. grin grin In Atheism, you define your rights and wrongs.. There is no sin
Ooman had better give testimony to his everlasting flying pig. Please, never become an atheist for humanity's sake.
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by mazaje(m): 8:15pm On May 23, 2013
Toluwarni:

The reality is there is actually no right or wrong, right or wrong is determined by the society we live in. . .Take the islamic sharia law for example, according to muslims that is the best and just system every society should live by. But many consider that system(sharia) to be a babaric system.

Religion and god does NOT make a society more moral. There is NO evidence what so ever to show that. . .Take a look at the OT, most christians consider such laws and moral codes of conduct to be barbaric and will never try to live under such. . .People sit down and decide what moral codes to abide by and what the feel is best for their societies. The only thing is that those in the past ascribe such laws to their various gods to make it more binding. . .Thats all. . .As people come together, laws are harmonized. . .Gods don't make moral laws, ONLY humans do. . .
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 23, 2013
I OWN THAT ACCOUNT... I WAS ONCE AN ATHEIST.. SO PAGAN NAIJA IS RIGHT.. THAT'S WHY WHEN YOU CHECK MY POSTS, I POSTED THIS SAME STORY ON A PARTICULAR THREAD..

1 Like

Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 23, 2013
Toluwarni: I OWN THAT ACCOUNT... I WAS ONCE AN ATHEIST.. SO PAGAN NAIJA IS RIGHT.. THAT'S WHY WHEN YOU CHECK MY POSTS, I POSTED THIS SAME STORY ON A PARTICULAR THREAD..
*Unfollows thread* I'm a christian so whether you're lying or telling the truth it doesn't matter.. I've also had personal experiences, though, not like this..
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by mazaje(m): 8:21pm On May 23, 2013
Is this thread a scam or what?. . .Is Toluwarni the same person as InAfconSquad?. . .Are you formulating stories and lying for Jesus or what
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 23, 2013
Toluwarni: I OWN THAT ACCOUNT... I WAS ONCE AN ATHEIST.. SO PAGAN NAIJA IS RIGHT.. THAT'S WHY WHEN YOU CHECK MY POSTS, I POSTED THIS SAME STORY ON A PARTICULAR THREAD..

May be you speak the truth but the fact remains: One lie can make anyone lose his/her credibility...

Remember you said:

InAfconSquad: I have been following Nairaland for quite some time, three years to be precise. But just became a registered member on the forum, I didn't register before, because i thought i had nothing valuable to contribute..
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 23, 2013
mazaje: Is this thread a scam or what?. . .Is Toluwarni the same person as InAfconSquad?. . .Are you formulating stories and lying for Jesus or what
It is not a scam, i had that experience... But i couldnt come out to say, with this account, because some of my christian brothers are following me..
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:23pm On May 23, 2013
Toluwarni:

Is this a joke or something? Is this thread for your delusional ministration or just to share your fake testimony? Why cant you come out straight with preaching the gospel of your jewish jesus? Hey little boy, we are not kids like you. If you are coming with evangelism, I will battle you with your bible. It is sword for sword here kiddie

Hebrews 6:1
King James Version (KJV)
6 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Your apostle said you can leave the doctrine of Jesus and leave perfectly in such a way you wont lay the foundation of repentance. You turned to Atheism and have s.ex with gals in the street. Are you not still going back to sin? The foolish you is now coming here to preach your church-jesus. Dont pls.

Atheism is the disbelief in the existence of god. It does not have anything to do with your s.ex life or how you go about like prodigal ni.gga
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 23, 2013
striktlymi:

May be you speak the truth but the fact remains: One lie can make anyone lose his/her credibility...

Remember you said:

Yes, I have indeed been following nairaland for quite some time, I registered this account not long ago... so its thesame thing... fact remains.. No one will believe me.. even though the story is true
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 23, 2013
Toluwarni: It is not a scam, i had that experience... But i couldnt come out to say, with this account, because some of my christian brothers are following me..

The truth always sets one free...

Stop trying to please people...
Re: How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy by Danyell(m): 8:25pm On May 23, 2013
Toluwarni: I OWN THAT ACCOUNT... I WAS ONCE A FU.CKTHEIST.. SO PAGAN NAIJA IS RIGHT.. THAT'S WHY WHEN YOU CHECK MY POSTS, I POSTED THIS SAME STORY ON A PARTICULAR THREAD..
Please and please, for the sake of women around the world, just remain a Christian. If you weren't one, you would be a serial killer and a ra.pi$t.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4)

How Benson Idahosa Blessed & Prophesied To Young Aliko Dangote / Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers / Visions Of Spiritual Warfare Before The Throne Room Of God The Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.