Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters (28539 Views)

El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Governor Ahmed Of Kwara Receives Surprise Visit From His Daughters At Work.photo / Policeman Killed At His Daughters’ Wedding In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by Nuzo1(m): 5:25pm On May 24, 2013
El-Rufai can sound off like a man on LSD.

I would be shocked if each of those his daughters has less than $2millions dollars to their names. shocked
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by deluxecad(m): 5:29pm On May 24, 2013
Mr. Elrufai sounds so irresponsible by saying that he has not been able to secure a job for his Masters degree holding daughters. Is it his responsibility to find jobs for his daughters if they are suitably qualified? He has ranted so much that he now makes mindless statements. They should go to the labour market, compete with their peers and get themselves a job.
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by chocho22: 6:12pm On May 24, 2013
There's vacancy at the toilets cool cool cool
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by Megamaga(m): 6:25pm On May 24, 2013
Believe it or not elrufai na correct oko oko! A lot of ladies didn't wait for their fathers to get jobs for them. They went in search of and got jobs,God helping them! Besides,he shouldn't even try to be patriotic because he is not. He alone knows why he doesn't want his daughters to work in any of his numerous firms. He can't deceive us. He has demolished and collected d lands of d people who would have helped his daughters. They should become land agents!
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by nneh1(f): 6:28pm On May 24, 2013
gbosaa: Afrocandy is recruiting..

Tell your daughters to go for audition,they might be lucky...

Stop blaming govt.... grin grin
. . Can't stop laughing hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by bloggernaija: 6:47pm On May 24, 2013
Nigeria is a mental asylum littered with the walking dead.
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by tunapawizzy: 7:08pm On May 24, 2013
coldgate: Typical of Nigerians. Always quick to attack the messenger but leaving salient issues untouched. Such a blind and ignorant generation. The same reasons why most youths cannot find gainful employment. They are unemployable. Very few can hold an intelligent discussion for three minuites without sounding like a broken record. ** weeps** **walks away**
someone already said it here n i reiterate it,,,, THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THE MESSENGER THAT MAKES A NUISANCE OF THE MESSAGE
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by Merlissa(f): 7:27pm On May 24, 2013
Uncle Rufy, ler them employ me so help them start a business for them!!!!!! *smh* you go school finish you no fit join the race..

Marry them of to a wealthy alhaji, its much better that way!
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by Naijastomosis(m): 7:29pm On May 24, 2013
Of course we all know the kind of job El Rufai meant for his daughters here.
The problem is not that there are no jobs, they are looking to head NNPC, Customs, Foreign Affairs and the like.
They don't want to start small. I am sure they must have rejected lots of jobs their father had landed for them because they felt it was below their station.
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by olabamiji09(m): 7:53pm On May 24, 2013
grin grin grin abeg i no feel laught o o o. His daughters are unemployed graduates but dey are riding big big jeeps up and down, today America, tomorrow na London and dey are still lookind for job. Make dem come Ibadan now..... Work plenty for IB
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by fxx2: 8:26pm On May 24, 2013
In other words, he is advertising his eligible daughters for marriage. Interested candidates can apply through me. I am printing the necessary forms right away...
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by SirCromer: 10:06pm On May 24, 2013
Honestly, this is part of the reason we remain so backwards as a nation. I have no doubt that el-Rufai was exaggerating ridiculously, but see people's reactions! We're not even proferring half-baked solutions, just settling down to toss insults, not just on el-Rufai (who may well be deserving of the opprobrium), but also on his children. For what?

As to the meat of his declaration, part of the problem goes beyond human capital development to a rampant state of apathy among Nigerians. We tend to leave university with no real skills but the ability to CRAM, and then don't really bother developing our skills further.

I'm currently working a temporary job which pays very little, comparatively speaking, for the sole purpose of developing my practical skills to an acceptable level. Not just the snobs around me, the PEOPLE WHERE I WORK are incredulous that I'm "working a menial job". With that sort of attitude where are we as a nation going?
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by dasparrow: 10:45pm On May 24, 2013
gbosaa: Afrocandy is recruiting..

Tell your daughters to go for audition,they might be lucky...

Stop blaming govt.... grin grin

LOL grin

@Post

Welcome to the reality of life in the country called Nigeria Mallam El-Rufai
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by mkoabiola: 10:56pm On May 24, 2013
Dey can apply to my coy.
Am looking for confidential secretary.
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by Luvlaye(m): 7:38am On May 25, 2013
I sincerely believe the man only used a figure of speech, wailing over the level of unemployment in the state, why is no one seeing his positive intention on this. Is not as if i like the man anyway but i think he is trying to express how worse the level of unemployment has gone. Although it saddens me that he should use such statement as with all my connections i couldn't get job for my daughters which is as bad as a rotten egg.
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by AmicableEd: 8:58am On May 25, 2013
Lol, very hilarious comments, see more here hate comments here http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/05/nigerians-blast-el-rufai-over-my.html
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by ddeola: 3:52pm On May 25, 2013
El-Rufai, that's the Nigeria you left behind but I guess your daughters are still lucky as their father can still sustain them with his remaining looted funds. Pure nonesense !
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by dljbd1(m): 3:53pm On May 25, 2013
lair
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 25, 2013
If he (El-rufai) claims to be a leader why can't he train his daughters to be job creators rather than job seekers? If what he said is true, he has failed in leadership
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by ifedayosol(m): 10:04am On May 26, 2013
Make dem go Italy go do asewo naaaaa.....foolish man
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by Nobody: 11:31am On May 26, 2013
What I hear is quite different. We heard one of his duaghters walked out of a juicy job in the UK and one of his sons walked out of a job in Nigeria. But let's forget those rumours because we dont know how true they are.

You see, gone are the days when having a masters or bsc in the uk guarantees you automatic employment in Nigeria when you come back. Even average middle class families send their students to study in the uk now. Research has proven that when people dont get jobs or the type of jobs they want, a large percentage of them proceed for an advanced level programme or MSc or Phd. But in the environment we live in today, does this really help to secure a better job? I for one would rather employ someone with more field experience or work experience as opposed to someone with paper qualifications (there's a limit to what you can learn in the classroom). Yes, advanced degrees are good but what is the cost benefit ratio in this modern age? I for one will not go for an MSc program in the UK except it is fully funded (we all know what they do to you after you graduate. You come back to Nigeria to look for a job (except you went to Imperial, UCL, Cambridge etc).

The Nigeria labour market as it is VERY VERY saturated. Supply far far exceeds demand. This is why you see people being over worked and underpayed. This is most likely the situation rich politicians find themselves. They spent millions sending their children to the UK thinking it will guarantee them automatic employment in multinationals like mobil, chevron, nestle forgetting that minus the normal ''Man no man'' Nigerian factor, some of these companies are looking for the best candidate and having msc or phd from the UK wont guarantee you a place in Mobil's graduate trainee program since the requirement is just to have a BSc in the desired from any country and do well in the tests. But having work experience in a similar role (even if it was at a 50k job) may boost your chances.
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by ifedayosol(m): 4:25pm On May 26, 2013
Statements frm Femi Fani-Kayode. Birds of d same feather

The graduate unemployment rate in Nigeria is 80 per cent yet these young people that are abusing and mocking my friend and brother, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, the former Minister of FCT, for saying that he has two daughters that have masters degrees but who cannot find jobs do not seem to appreciate the gravity of their own situation or understand the point that he was trying to make.

Nasir El-Rufai was simply speaking up for the very youths and jobless graduates that are now mocking and insulting him because of his comment. I assure you that his daughters will never starve and they can get jobs anywhere in the world or even end up working in any of his own numerous companies and business concerns if they so choose. He was only trying to use their plight as an example of the sad condition that Nigeria has found herself in where only two out of every ten graduates can find jobs.

If we put that in proper perspective it means that out of every one thousand graduates only 200 will find jobs and it means that out of every 10,000 graduates only 2000 will find jobs. This is as a consequence of the economic mess that the Jonathan administration has created in the last three years. The unemployment rate today has NEVER been as bad as it is today in our entire history. That is what Nasir El-Rufai was trying to point out only because he is humane and he empathises with the youth. He feels their pain. Those young people that do not get the point he was trying to make and that are mocking him and subjecting him and his daughters to ridicule and insults for saying what he said deserve to go through the suffering and frustration that they are experiencing in life.

Their colleagues and age-mates from other parts of the world have jobs and they are excelling and doing well simply because they live in functional, well-organised and well-led societies whose leaders care for their welfare and which have strong and booming economies. That is what Nasir El-Rufai wants for Nigeria and the Nigerian youth but most of them just don?t get it.

Well the joke is on them and not him and his daughters. Ignorance is a terrible diesease. Those youths ought to be thanking God that some of us that are leaders in the political class actually care about such issues and wish to highlight them. The truth is that most Nigerian politicians don?t and they really just don?t ?give a damn?. I commend Nasir for his courage, for the fact that he can cite his daughter?s cases as an example and for his efforts. Those young people on twitter and fb that have been insulting and mocking him ought to cut him some slack
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by luvinhubby(m): 4:53pm On May 26, 2013
The El-Rufai girls, together with Buhari's grand daughter schooled at American University in Dubai where they were busy hosting & attending parties, so much so that a whole floor at Hyatt Regency in Dubai was closed for elrufais girls parties. They ended up with the lowest grades in their respective degrees, so how do you expect companies to leave 1st & 2nd class uppers from our local universities & employ your frollicking daughters with 2nd class lower, get a life mallam. sad
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:54pm On May 28, 2013
ifedayosol: Statements frm Femi Fani-Kayode. Birds of d same feather

The graduate unemployment rate in Nigeria is 80 per cent yet these young people that are abusing and mocking my friend and brother, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, the former Minister of FCT, for saying that he has two daughters that have masters degrees but who cannot find jobs do not seem to appreciate the gravity of their own situation or understand the point that he was trying to make.

Nasir El-Rufai was simply speaking up for the very youths and jobless graduates that are now mocking and insulting him because of his comment. I assure you that his daughters will never starve and they can get jobs anywhere in the world or even end up working in any of his own numerous companies and business concerns if they so choose. He was only trying to use their plight as an example of the sad condition that Nigeria has found herself in where only two out of every ten graduates can find jobs.

If we put that in proper perspective it means that out of every one thousand graduates only 200 will find jobs and it means that out of every 10,000 graduates only 2000 will find jobs. This is as a consequence of the economic mess that the Jonathan administration has created in the last three years. The unemployment rate today has NEVER been as bad as it is today in our entire history. That is what Nasir El-Rufai was trying to point out only because he is humane and he empathises with the youth. He feels their pain. Those young people that do not get the point he was trying to make and that are mocking him and subjecting him and his daughters to ridicule and insults for saying what he said deserve to go through the suffering and frustration that they are experiencing in life.

Their colleagues and age-mates from other parts of the world have jobs and they are excelling and doing well simply because they live in functional, well-organised and well-led societies whose leaders care for their welfare and which have strong and booming economies. That is what Nasir El-Rufai wants for Nigeria and the Nigerian youth but most of them just don?t get it.

Well the joke is on them and not him and his daughters. Ignorance is a terrible diesease. Those youths ought to be thanking God that some of us that are leaders in the political class actually care about such issues and wish to highlight them. The truth is that most Nigerian politicians don?t and they really just don?t ?give a damn?. I commend Nasir for his courage, for the fact that he can cite his daughter?s cases as an example and for his efforts. Those young people on twitter and fb that have been insulting and mocking him ought to cut him some slack

Am surprise that u could post this and tag them to be birds of same feather, Fani Kayoda has spoken the real truth, though him and elrufia also contributed to the problem faced by this country, but hes statement is just the real truth. Their family will ever be comfortable for life except God says otherwise for them. I belong to the class of unemployed at d moment, have seriously been praying for testimony in my life, i have old parents at my care, no capital to start a business on my own, i only support friends in teaching kids in school just to survive after graduating from a university here in Nigeria. Am sure am not the only person in Nigeria with such story, so am not writing to seek pity from you, i jst feel their have said the mind of someone like me, though i know is a political statement, but at the moment i buy into their comments. My opinion though, i dnt mean any insult pls.
Re: El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:03pm On May 28, 2013
luvinhubby: The El-Rufai girls, together with Buhari's grand daughter schooled at American University in Dubai where they were busy hosting & attending parties, so much so that a whole floor at Hyatt Regency in Dubai was closed for elrufais girls parties. They ended up with the lowest grades in their respective degrees, so how do you expect companies to leave 1st & 2nd class uppers from our local universities & employ your frollicking daughters with 2nd class lower, get a life mallam. sad

U fail to understand that there busy partying while in skool, cus their father has done their assignment for them. This are people that can never ever be poor again, except God turns the table around, Degrees don't even matter in a country like Nigeria, Elrufia only made that statement for people like me who are unemployed after skool and desperately in need of a job we cant find, You forgot that their father was once a minister of fct and receives more than 600 Million monthly as for security alone. He was jst making a political statement and speaking for us. His children will continue to feed fine and live large.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of Governor Fashola When He Was A Kid / ECOWAS Court Orders FG To Pay N15m For ‘Unlawfully’ Arresting Dasuki / Adamu Mohammed, IGP Held Hostage By Jubilant Policemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.