Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? (34256 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 3:33pm On May 25, 2013
LastApostle:

The last census enumeration pegged Nigeria to be 120million valid people. You see why you are insignificant like a droplet into the ocean. Nobody will even recognise you at the Murtala Mohammed international airport.

Secondly, whether you finish your house or not, I can vouch it isn't the best in the neighbourhood so stop giving excuses for inconsistency.

Finally, the likes of Atiku, Babangida, oshiomhole, adenuga still live in Nigeria among the populace without running to abroad inspite of their enormous wealth and affluence. They are proud to be Nigerians and we, the masses, the middle class and the rich class are all working hard to make Nigeria a better place for all. We mustn't all run away with no country to call our own!

You just left the shore and suddenly realise Nigeria is no good. Relocated family to another black nation the citizens worked assiduous to stabilise. you want to be in heaven but you don't want to work the effort.

You are wrong! Those names you listed except Oshiomohle have homes overseas where their children reside. I did not just move abroad. I got admission to study at Duke University, then decided to go to another school. I met my wife here, got a good job and decided to have my family here. Who in Nigeria is going to pay me half of what I earn here in a year? The house I am building in Nigeria is not the best but I can tell you it is a lot different from what you are used to seeing in Nigeria in terms of design.

5 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by teeboy4x(m): 3:34pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz: I have been living in the U.S since year 2001. I will be returning home when there is 24hr power supply. When there is good road network. When police are able to respond to calls within 5 minutes. When there is emergency health and fire response squad that respond to emergency within 5 minutes. When there is rule and order. When the police stop brutalizing the people they suppose to protect. When there is true democrcy. When the President stops harassing political opponents. When there is adequate security of lives and properties.

Why is it taking u so long to tell us that u don't have Visa
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 3:35pm On May 25, 2013
teeboy4x:

Why is it taking u so long to tell us that u don't have Visa

You are delusional and lost like a pin in the desert.

4 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by lacleman: 3:39pm On May 25, 2013
After having experienced the comfort of life abroad, it will be difficult to accept coming back to the hostile, aggressive, lawless and the most insecure den our past leaders have turned our country into. We've gotten to point where the basics are considered as luxery. Even the few that think they are well-to-do are suffering and insecured. But it takes tasting the other side of life to be able to make the difference though. I think living abroad and returning home regularly is the best at the moment. and hope more and more people realise these differences and work towards making our country a HOME.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 25, 2013
Nigeria is my dream country
with all the problems i love my peeple so those of you in diaspora should know that theres no place like home.Nigeria will surely RISE
again.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by BossLadyDiana(f): 3:41pm On May 25, 2013
chaloner: Don't tink of coming back men , this is fuckin 9yrs in Kenya , men I'm chilling cool over here , fu*ck homie , fu*ckk BH, dey won't c my head men

So Na Kenya u evn dey wey U dey form nd type like one Nigerian born British citizen living in America, Smh abeg pack well joor!!!

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ghettodreamz(m): 3:44pm On May 25, 2013
Billyonaire: Home? People still live abroad ? No comfortable Nigerian lives abroad.

Says who? Billyonaire's Theory right? This is HILARIOUS gringringrin

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 25, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Most Definitely true, People live abroad for 2 reasons its either you are on top of the hustle chain, working real hard for retirement funds or you are broke. The moment a Nigerian gets comfortable, he heads home. I repeat, No Comfortable Nigerian lives abroad. I want someone to prove me wrong.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by brosdoncome(m): 3:50pm On May 25, 2013
tyson55: I have been living outside Nigeria for a very long time (close to 20yrs) and the last time i visit was in 2007. But i'll be coming home soon to visit, let's say in a months time by God's grace, to spend summer holiday. I miss Naija much !

U mean dry season holiday? I no wan hear d word "summer" holiday when na naija u dey visit oh grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by playmode(m): 3:57pm On May 25, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Dont mind that Ngbeke call billionaira.Na apuroka boy wey dey form rich person.The boy broke pass monkey,na one of the mugus wey dey support Jonathan for NL.Help me ask am who dey suffer:

A ) The person wey no get electricity for 1 week ,wey dey breathe generator fumes, wey generator noise don block im ears and wey no get access to better medical care.

or

B) The person wey get 24 hrs electricy ,breathing unpolluted FRESH AIR,emergency services at im beck & call,world class medical care at im finger tips.

My brother khaki no be leather,Southy level pass Naija level a billion times.No need to dey lie to ourselves.Go south African embassy for lagos go see queue no be for mouth.

Nigeria good na him boys dey pay close to N1 million just to get Visa to get out ?

6 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Odinaka00(m): 3:58pm On May 25, 2013
Been 2yrs now, I'd loved to come bek in 2015 buh I gues 9ja wil be on fire then, Buhari vs Gej lol

My gf is d reason y I intend coming bek, dat is if she can stil wait til then....makana odirokwanu easy, amam na konji egbuola ya lol

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 3:59pm On May 25, 2013
Billyonaire: Most Definitely true, People live abroad for 2 reasons its either you are on top of the hustle chain, working real hard for retirement funds or you are broke. The moment a Nigerian gets comfortable, he heads home. I repeat, No Comfortable Nigerian lives abroad. I want someone to prove me wrong.

You are wrong! I don't know where you got this nonsense from. Most Nigerians are professionals here. If there is a Nigerian who is not doing well here, it means he or she has no papers or bachelor degree.

For all these while, claiming you live in Banana Island doesn't make it so. You came here this morning again and claimed you now live in Lekki Phase 1.

https://www.nairaland.com/1301931/nationwide-blackout-24-hours-counting/1#15894004

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ghettodreamz(m): 4:03pm On May 25, 2013
Billyonaire: Most Definitely true, People live abroad for 2 reasons its either you are on top of the hustle chain, working real hard for retirement funds or you are broke. The moment a Nigerian gets comfortable, he heads home. I repeat, No Comfortable Nigerian lives abroad. I want someone to prove me wrong.

Hmmmm... Your statement is true to an extent but you can't generalize it by saying "No comfortable Nigerian lives abroad", that's where I won't agree with you. Decision to live abroad for some is based on interest and their choice of life and has nothing to do with them being comfortable or not. There are countless number of comfortable people living in the diaspora, so don't categorize all those living abroad as hustlers who are still in search of greener pastures or finding a way of keeping body and soul together, that would be very wrong to do.

4 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ogele: 4:09pm On May 25, 2013
Chei make these people no come back oh, dem go come dey follow us dey drag contract and other thinz. 9ja sweet die, I no go fit live abroad. Nothing like Nigeria where thinz dey happen. Me I de gidigbam. If I want feel abroad, I go just tune to CNN and watch abroad thinz. I just grove my life for here dey go. I love 9ja doe no be small.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by princeonx: 4:12pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz: I have been living in the U.S since year 2001. I will be returning home when there is 24hr power supply. When there is good road network. When police are able to respond to calls within 5 minutes. When there is emergency health and fire response squad that respond to emergency within 5 minutes. When there is rule and order. When the police stop brutalizing the people they suppose to protect. When there is true democrcy. When the President stops harassing political opponents. When there is adequate security of lives and properties.
That simply means you've flushed your green passport cux those things on your list wont happen any decade soon! What about visiting at least? Hope you get to visit shaa?
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by drstan(m): 4:14pm On May 25, 2013
Guy u are just so on point..
J-fast:
To say the truth a lot of people dont even have the means of returning except they are deported back home.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by jaykai24(m): 4:20pm On May 25, 2013
Omavik: I wil b a nigerian in diaspora nxt yr by hs grace... I wil comment properly den
If you're doing alright, wouldn't advice u to sell up or quite ur job for the sake of living abroad as lots re regretting it now... Most people don't want to go back home due to shame. Better to live as an average person back home than live in western country as an illegal immigrant.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by dukenestor(m): 4:20pm On May 25, 2013
Odinaka00: Been 2yrs now, I'd loved to come bek in 2015 buh I gues 9ja wil be on fire then, Buhari vs Gej lol

My gf is d reason y I intend coming bek, dat is if she can stil wait til then....makana odirokwanu easy, amam na konji egbuola ya lol
Lolz... But guy believe it or nt u d lost,cos ur gf d shine congo 4 hia wella.Guy 9ja boiz no d carry last o. Out of hia make i go check weda d gal my home boy d tidy nw na ur babe. No noise,removing my shoes,tip toein,lukin thru d window,hands ova my mouth,...i i i talk am odinaka cum c person wey u say kongi go kill
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 4:21pm On May 25, 2013
prince_onx:
That simply means you've flushed your green passport cux those things on your list wont happen any decade soon! What about visiting at least? Hope you get to visit shaa?

I have not even seen my Nigerian passports since 2005. I will need a Nigerian visa if I decide to visit. I visited for two weeks in December 2005 when I got a land. It is just not conducive enough to be visiting with all these kidnappings, robberies, and so on. I always have my parents to come over. I love to come back but there is nothing positive going on in Nigeria I can point to. I have NTA Plus here and I just shake my head each time I tune to the channel.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by rafcrown(m): 4:22pm On May 25, 2013
WHEREVER I LIVE AND THEY ALLOW ME TO STAY LEGALLY IS HOME
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by jaykai24(m): 4:25pm On May 25, 2013
Odinaka00: makana odirokwanu easy, amam na konji egbuola ya lol
grin grin grin
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 25, 2013
Omavik: I wil b a nigerian in diaspora nxt yr by hs grace... I wil comment properly den

Very funny from a lady..

Are you relocating to Italy or Burkina faso

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 25, 2013
Billyonaire: Home? People still live abroad ? No comfortable Nigerian lives abroad.

Comfort is a sence of security and competence that any situation can be well handled by oneself.

Your statement is right on point.

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by toprealman: 4:30pm On May 25, 2013
Just say you are not returning anytime soon.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by erico2k2(m): 4:31pm On May 25, 2013
Kslib:
See your mouth. It took the police 30 minutes to appear at the scene where a soldier was killed on a busy road for that matter WHILE in naija those two guys would have been dealt with before 25 seconds sef..

Errrm, For those of you who do not like reading long posts,let me summarize:
THIS GUY SAID "HE NEVER WISHES TO COME HOME"
U av to take out the negetivity out of a situation eh?,it did not take the police 30mins rather it took the armed police 30mins to respond
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ebamma(m): 4:37pm On May 25, 2013
Some naija based guys too mumu, so now any nigerian based in abroad is either a cleaner or a mortuary attendant, #too many mad peeps here

6 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by gunuvi(m): 4:38pm On May 25, 2013
chinnyonwu:
U mean when yu get your papers?
Na the reason be that bro. Pls let's pray for him so that by year 2030 he will be granted green card.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by princeonx: 4:38pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz:

I have not even seen my Nigerian passports since 2005. I will need a Nigerian visa if I decide to visit. I visited for two weeks in December 2005 when I got a land. It is just not conducive enough to be viisiting with all these kidnappings, robberies, and so on. I always have my parents to come over. I love to come back but there is nothing positive going on in Nigeria I can point to. I have NTA Plus here and I just shake my head each time I tune to the channel.
Naija is not a place where you stay away from for too long only expecting to visit when things change! That change might never happen! I now see naija as a place where you're less of a target if they see you more often. I came here same year as you (01) but have lost count of my visits to naija. I recalled going home one time with less than $2k for just two weeks. Once you have a house and mobility the rest is small gist. Also you need to build or establish some kind of relationship with folks back home and I don't mean just your blood brothers, sisters, and parent. Am talking about those extended families, school mates, and co. I am very much aware that this relationship might cost you money both for phone calls or buy me this buy me that but it worth it. Always bear in mind that no one will travel from Sokoto or Kano to come and kidnap you in Ibadan or Ogun state! Both the planing and acting comes from within and it won't happen if you have some kind of ties with this folks but if na wave you dey wave them when you drive by especially when you see them in group or one beer joint, that's where the plan and all that begin! One one bottle each might have prevented that! I've been doing it for years and I had never blinked for once when it comes to going home. I was in naija this past March till April 20 with my whole family and we were all over!

9 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by akonucheinfo(m): 4:40pm On May 25, 2013

You mean you are not coming home, till thy kingdom come!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? / Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South / Fiberesima Ama: A Hidden Island In Rivers State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.