Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,446 members, 7,850,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? (34400 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 1:26am On May 26, 2013
Toaskarity:

A BLOODY LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My brother,me and mom.. live in US and if not for the fact that my four sisters are married..my whole family will be in usa! Living a wonderful life here.im only 20 but already hav my ride,pay my bill, work and go to school .. all my nigeria age mate on fcbook I look more healthy and happy than they do!! Always complaining about hunger! Btwn my bro comfortable own a house in nice neighbourhood here too so pls stop deceiving ppl that no comfortable nigeria lives abroad!! There re tousands of them! I used to deceive myself that way two yrs ago lmao

You just start life dey make your small change you come dey make noise... You pay your phone bill or car insurance you dey make noise...guy you are a leaner..

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 1:31am On May 26, 2013
adaobi123: I've spent all my life outside nigeria, however I spent three years in naija though for secondary school. I'll come back for good when I'm married tongue

But I go to naija every Christmas wink cheesy

Awww...how nice cheesy of course loads of diaspora are BORN and lived abroad all there lives. It aint always about people LEAVING Nigeria is it.

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by bootlegaz: 1:53am On May 26, 2013
GooseBaba:

You just start life dey make your small change you come dey make noise... You pay your phone bill or car insurance you dey make noise...guy you are a leaner..
He is in his 20tees and has accomplished a whole lot in this short while, meanwhile you are in your late 40tees sharing a rented house with few friends. Stop been envious and get out to get something.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 2:00am On May 26, 2013
REALITY101: Whenever the use of deodorant is enforced by the government..
grin grin grin LWKMD !!! dat was an upper cut! Backside RAAaaass!! shocked
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 2:13am On May 26, 2013
GooseBaba:

are u writing this to make me mad or what? Lmao... yes im making a lil bit money bt fcking proud of myself! 11 $ per hr in the pharmacy is quite small here no doubt but the last time I sent my frnd 180 $ in nigeria..that dude was soi happy and I felt like a chief lol.. I know you are too dump that you cant differ making noise vs confortable in abroad.. read my post and the one the person I replied b4 openning ur nyash!!To make ur heart burn further I jst got admitted into pharmacy school in tx so by the time im 25 ..I will be fkng rich!! Pls you can now kill urself or better suck my third leg lmao

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by bootlegaz: 2:23am On May 26, 2013
Toaskarity:
are u writing this to make me mad or what? Lmao... yes im making a lil bit money bt fcking proud of myself! 11 $ per hr in the pharmacy is quite small here no doubt but the last time I sent my frnd 180 $ in nigeria..that dude was soi happy and I felt like a chief lol.. I know you are too dump that you cant differ making noise vs confortable in abroad.. read my post and the one the person I replied b4 openning ur nyash!!To make ur heart burn further I jst got admitted into pharmacy school in tx so by the time im 25 ..I will be fkng rich!! Pls you can now kill urself or better suck my third leg lmao
He lives in his mums basement, overweight, no girlfriend to bench, I wouldn't blame him for hating on you.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Afam4eva(m): 2:32am On May 26, 2013
automaticcarzz: I have been living in the U.S since year 2001. I will be returning home when there is 24hr power supply. When there is good road network. When police are able to respond to calls within 5 minutes. When there is emergency health and fire response squad that respond to emergency within 5 minutes. When there is rule and order. When the police stop brutalizing the people they suppose to protect. When there is true democrcy. When the President stops harassing political opponents. When there is adequate security of lives and properties.
Is this another way of saying you're never coming back home?
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Afam4eva(m): 2:34am On May 26, 2013
adaobi123: I've spent all my life outside nigeria, however I spent three years in naija though for secondary school. I'll come back for good when I'm married tongue
You're assuming you're gonna marry a Nigerian right?
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 2:37am On May 26, 2013
Toaskarity: hahahhahaha...lmaooo grin grin
smh...Cold Left hook! chai! wink

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 2:46am On May 26, 2013
bootlegaz:
He lives in his mums basement, overweight, no girlfriend to bench, I wouldn't blame him for hating on you.
Jesuss christ! I dint see this before.. grin grin grin
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 3:11am On May 26, 2013
GooseBaba:

You be real idiot.! Go gaggle on some sweaty balls... You FA.G.... !! From Hating to criticizing ... Pick one ....
You hating on me fact! You also criticise me for telling nigerians that there are thousands of us confortable in abroad infact I dont know any of my friend that is not fact! I never quote u but u came like a dog seeking attention fact!! now this is another big FACT:I dont give a middle finger about you and ur obelander bus stop wife lmao neither do I giv a bigger F about ur ninteen yr old rich lagos life!! Now jst get off my ball old man! dont even try to seek my attention again cos I jst unfollowed this topic..

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 3:23am On May 26, 2013
maybe coming back to Nigeria to live will be very annoying because compared to the electricity, good roads nothing gonna be compared, maybe only to run my business, its high time our leaders adapt to the western world so that at least there will be much investment and our country Nigeria will be a better place to live.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by VillageBoi(m): 3:40am On May 26, 2013
dridowu: Can i ever go back home permanently? dou i was born & breed in lagos, but i still visit my home (Odogbolu) once in 2yrs

How many times have you failed the 'Citzenship test? You berra pack ya Ghana-must-go bag and enta canoe back to Lagos. grin
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by VillageBoi(m): 3:46am On May 26, 2013
coogar:
armed policemen arrived after 14 mins, policemen don't carry arms usually so they have to wait for the armed response unit! unarmed policemen were already in place by the corner cordoning the street!

besides, the witnesses told the dispatcher the men were not leaving. the police thought they had a bomb in their bags to detonate so the situation had to be carefully looked into. the 25/30 mins quoted on CNN was a "witness report" and they have been known to be inaccurate!

@ Bolded. Much better to be sure than to do Naija police detonation style -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y7zbSFa6Vw
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by obi2012: 4:31am On May 26, 2013
there are so many misconceptions in this thread...

first of all.. not every nigerian that lives abroad works menial jobs.. there are many of us that are professionals that have been making six figures for a while so its not like people are suffering here.. Besides there are menial jobs that pay good money..

secondly, lets face it, its hard to get ahead in nigeria unless you have connections, the employment opportunities in nigeria are limited.. the unemployment in america has a lot to do with people being too big to try certain jobs or their ego not letting them take certain jobs.. if you want to feed yourself and have a roof over your head in the US, you will be provided that opportunity.. Lastly if all else fails, there is always social welfare..

thirdly, the part about americans not having money is not generally true.. the thing that kills us is most people overstretch themselves or want the latest thing at that very moment and end up getting into debt for it.. I know a nigerian nurse that earns only $80k a year, took a $600,000 mortgage on a 6 bedroom house and bought two flashy cars in a two year period.. Now she can barely sleep because she is working so much overtime to pay for these things and keep up the image she has portrayed.. Mind you she is single.. She makes decent money for someone thats single with no one to support but if she had cut her coat according to her size, gotten a smaller house, she'd have more disposable income.

America is very ok if you plan to cut your coat according to your size.. Lets face it, majority of this thread would relocate to the states and britain if given the chance.. In 1997, my pastor used to preach against the church members that relocated abroad saying they were abandoning their destiny.. His tune changed when he won visa lottery in 1999 and relocated his whole family..

For the most part, a lot of the amenities we take for granted in america (healthcare, steady internet, steady power, clean water, good roads, ambulances, fire service) are luxuries in nigeria and are not accessible to 90% of the population and please dont compare security in the US or britain to nigeria.. We know the reality.. Can you drive your bentley on third mainland bridge at 3am? Can you get treated at a hospital with no money and get billed later? Can you secure a 3 percent loan to finance your business with no contacts or collateral? America is one of the few places where a janitor, a security man or a trashman can successfully feed his family, own a home and raise his kids with no problems if he cuts his coat according to his size? It is also one of the places where if you dont mind getting dirty, you could still make money.. A plumber, an electrician and a trashman all make close to $100k a year.. So if school is not your thing, there are other ways to make it.

Someone said nigerians in diaspora are always posting on NL so they must be jobless. Sir, if you had steady internet and power, you would be posting frequently too grin

Obviously, i love my country, i love my motherland, there is no place like home.. There are massive opportunities if you have the right contacts, you could be stinkingly rich but there are still basic amenities that are lacking that even money cant fix.. So please lets not get carried away and start comparing nigeria to the US.. Everyones destiny doesn't have to be in their motherland, lets all do the little we can from where we are..

10 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Prinyebabe(f): 4:34am On May 26, 2013
Always remember that you are in another man's country. They worked to bring it up to the developed state it is and you are enjoying it. So, don't expect angels to transform naija overnite, it needs its citizens' support. So, stay where you are and let those who have the fighting spirit fight it out. We'l get there sometime. Home is home.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 5:33am On May 26, 2013
obi2012: there are so many misconceptions in this thread...

first of all.. not every nigerian that lives abroad works menial jobs.. there are many of us that are professionals that have been making six figures for a while so its not like people are suffering here.. Besides there are menial jobs that pay good money..

secondly, lets face it, its hard to get ahead in nigeria unless you have connections, the employment opportunities in nigeria are limited.. the unemployment in america has a lot to do with people being too big to try certain jobs or their ego not letting them take certain jobs.. if you want to feed yourself and have a roof over your head in the US, you will be provided that opportunity.. Lastly if all else fails, there is always social welfare..

thirdly, the part about americans not having money is not generally true.. the thing that kills us is most people overstretch themselves or want the latest thing at that very moment and end up getting into debt for it.. I know a nigerian nurse that earns only $80k a year, took a $600,000 mortgage on a 6 bedroom house and bought two flashy cars in a two year period.. Now she can barely sleep because she is working so much overtime to pay for these things and keep up the image she has portrayed.. Mind you she is single.. She makes decent money for someone thats single with no one to support but if she had cut her coat according to her size, gotten a smaller house, she'd have more disposable income.

America is very ok if you plan to cut your coat according to your size.. Lets face it, majority of this thread would relocate to the states and britain if given the chance.. In 1997, my pastor used to preach against the church members that relocated abroad saying they were abandoning their destiny.. His tune changed when he won visa lottery in 1999 and relocated his whole family..

For the most part, a lot of the amenities we take for granted in america (healthcare, steady internet, steady power, clean water, good roads, ambulances, fire service) are luxuries in nigeria and are not accessible to 90% of the population and please dont compare security in the US or britain to nigeria.. We know the reality.. Can you drive your bentley on third mainland bridge at 3am? Can you get treated at a hospital with no money and get billed later? Can you secure a 3 percent loan to finance your business with no contacts or collateral? America is one of the few places where a janitor, a security man or a trashman can successfully feed his family, own a home and raise his kids with no problems if he cuts his coat according to his size? It is also one of the places where if you dont mind getting dirty, you could still make money.. A plumber, an electrician and a trashman all make close to $100k a year.. So if school is not your thing, there are other ways to make it.

Someone said nigerians in diaspora are always posting on NL so they must be jobless. Sir, if you had steady internet and power, you would be posting frequently too grin

Obviously, i love my country, i love my motherland, there is no place like home.. There are massive opportunities if you have the right contacts, you could be stinkingly rich but there are still basic amenities that are lacking that even money cant fix.. So please lets not get carried away and start comparing nigeria to the US.. Everyones destiny doesn't have to be in their motherland, lets all do the little we can from where we are..

Gbam! You've said it all especially with the bolded...

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 5:40am On May 26, 2013
Prinyebabe: Always remember that you are in another man's country. They worked to bring it up to the developed state it is and you are enjoying it. So, don't expect angels to transform naija overnite, it needs its citizens' support. So, stay where you are and let those who have the fighting spirit fight it out. We'l get there sometime. Home is home.

You're right but I don't know if I'll agree with the statement in bold. A lot of people are looking for opportunities to leave Nigeria if it presents itself...and a lot of diasporans abroad are helping even though they are not in Naija. Does that mean they don't have the fighting spirit too?

On another note (not in response to your post),I know people who came back, not even to enrich their own pockets but out of love for the country and to do something for their communities. Most of them ran back because of corruption and lack of co-operation by the Nigerians already in those communities. It's almost like people (and not just our 'leaders') profit greatly from Nigeria being the way it is.

Things are improving little by little and that's good. But let's stop calling diasporans to come back home. A lot of them are already home plus Nigeria has over 130 million smart and hardworking people on ground which a lot of countries can't boast of. Maybe we should start from there first....

4 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by toshmann(m): 5:45am On May 26, 2013
Prinyebabe: Always remember that you are in another man's country. They worked to bring it up to the developed state it is and you are enjoying it. So, don't expect angels to transform naija overnite, it needs its citizens' support. So, stay where you are and let those who have the fighting spirit fight it out. We'l get there sometime. Home is home.

And you think people abroad don't have fighting spirit? You think you are more patriotic than those abroad? D'you believe those abroad are not contributing to Nigerian economy even as of now?

Billions of dollars are sent home annually by immigrants abroad. This helps directly or indirectly to push up the Nigerian economy. Money sent home to family members who now spend that money in Nigeria, build businesses with the money in Nigeria, or even just putting it in a bank in Nigeria has helped the Nigerian economy one way or the other.

Even traveling to and from Nigeria helps boost the airline or at least the airport economy.

Ideas, knowledge and skills acquired abroad is also introduced into the Nigerian society. These stuff all help the Country.

Lets not fight unnecessarily about home vs abroad. Fact is, wherever you are, figure out what you can do. . . . . . . and DO it

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by venatus25(m): 5:58am On May 26, 2013
obicentlis: Abeg, make una carry all ur formings dey there. No Come drag road with me abeg.
bros idi kwa very harsh o grin
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by bootlegaz: 6:17am On May 26, 2013
obi2012: there are so many misconceptions in this thread...

Most Naija based NL blogger reminds me of your Pastor.....LMAO
Give these same guys visa to UK or United States and you will be surprise to see total transformation in them after drinking Juice for 4 months. The old man "billionaire" will jerry curl his hair, wear baggy jeans and starts faking his accent when talking on the phone with the village girl he left behind in Nigeria. grin grin grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe / Girl Hit By A Speeding Vehicle Escapes Death. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.