Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,444 members, 7,830,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum (21826 Views)

Northern Nigeria Governors Endorse Action Against Shiites / Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Uclloyd28(m): 10:46pm On May 24, 2013
All you dancing limpopo to Amaechi will sure frown in no time. GEJ will def win 2015. His no fool, his grown over the years to understand how Nigerian Politics works. You underrate and see him as a weak one, buh trust me, his only watching, observing and plotting. Since you want a man who won the only free and fair election in Nigeria leave Aso Rock cuz some few power drunk chaps is sponsoring boko haram to shake his tenure? Nigerians, wah exactly do u want sef!
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Ess: 10:46pm On May 24, 2013
automaticcarzz: Can someone tell me why Amaechi triumph has not made the front page? I created a thread accusing moderators of being PDP agents for refusing to put it in front page but they deleted the thread already.

I know these moderators are PDP agents and currently in disarray with this development. Just wait till 2015 and see what happens to GEJ.

Chill mate, its there now.
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by changeagent(m): 10:49pm On May 24, 2013
earthgreeners: Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State has won re-election as the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum defeating his opponent Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State by 3 votes.

Mr. Amaechi won 19 votes from the 35 governors present, while Mr. Jang, a late entrant to the competition garnered 16 votes. The governor of Gombe state was absent.

source
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/05/24/amaechi-re-elected-as-chairman-of-nigeria-governors-forum/
I am very happy for Mr Amaechi against all odds he won the election. I am very sure that the justice will be justified according to the justification. Mr Amaechi if God be for you,who can be against you?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by automaticcarzz: 10:49pm On May 24, 2013
Ess:

Chill mate, its there now.

I had to do what I did because these PDP agents cannot be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Phyllipson(m): 10:50pm On May 24, 2013
Jxt passing by
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by automaticcarzz: 10:53pm On May 24, 2013
Uclloyd28: All you dancing limpopo to Amaechi will sure frown in no time. GEJ will def win 2015. His no fool, his grown over the years to understand how Nigerian Politics works. You underrate and see him as a weak one, buh trust me, his only watching, observing and plotting. Since you want a man who won the only free and fair election in Nigeria leave Aso Rock cuz some few power drunk chaps is sponsoring boko haram to shake his tenure? Nigerians, wah exactly do u want sef!

You will be shocked when most of the Northern Governor refuse to release the delegates to him to secure nomination for second term under PDP. Obasanjo and those Governors are waiting to disgrace Jonathan at the PDP Presidential Convention. Sule Lamido is the Choice!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by lekanwj(m): 10:54pm On May 24, 2013
Bros Jona abeg begin park load comot for Aso villa bye bye to cluelessness and sluggishness cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 24, 2013
Is it just me but am quiet surprised that Jonah Jang could poll as mush as 16 votes, where did those votes come from? will love to have a breakdown of the votes
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by baby124: 10:55pm On May 24, 2013
I am trying to picture the panic in aso rock. Akpabio probably can't go back for now to face the heat. This is why he is pulling fake signatures out of the sky. Those sneaky bas*tards chop and cleaned mouth. embarassed
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by muut2: 10:57pm On May 24, 2013
wrong calculation! All d ACN governors would voted for Amaechi the ANPP and CPC govs also. So do not know hw u got ur calculations.
earthgreeners:

What consequences?, would you mind explaining.....
I guess Amaechi was able to pull his crowd from SW and North

19 votes - 5 SW + 12 N + 1SS

considering the Gov of Gombe was absent...

This goes a long way to show how APC could destroy PDP in 2015
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 24, 2013
It is not clear why an older thread with a higher number of posts than this one was closed off by the mods. undecided
Perhaps there are good reasons for doing this...

NGF Poll: Another Presidential Scam Exposed! Akpabio Moves To Break Govs Forum With Old Signatures…Doctors Documents To Declare Jang Winner

[img]http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/themes/goodnews47/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Akpabio-forged-document-730x1024.jpeg&h=275&w=599&zc=1[/img]

Another presidential scam packaged to break the Nigerian Governors Forum, NGF has been exposed. Following the defeat of President Jonathan’s backed consensus candidate for the NGF chairmanship position, Jonah Jang by the incumbent chairman of the body, Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers state, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom today released a doctured document purportedly signed by 19 state governors to elect Jang as the chairman.

The document which was being circulated by Akpabio’s media aide, Deacon Jackson Udom claimed that 19 governors voted Jang as the NGF chairman. But a close scrutiny of the document showed that the signatures on it were those collected before the election today. In fact, Akpabio in his handwriting changed the date on the document from April to May. The Akwa Ibom governor also used his pen to fill the name of Jang on the document in a manner suggesting criminal conspiracy and fraud.

Director General of the NGF, Okauru had earlier at the secretariat of the forum announced the outcome of the election before all the governors where Amaechi scored 19 votes to defeat Jang who polled 15 votes. After the defeat, Akpabio retreated with some eight governors to cook the forged document published in this report.

Akpabio’s forged documents:

Source
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by chyket(m): 10:59pm On May 24, 2013
I am so happy !!!
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Gentleme1: 11:00pm On May 24, 2013
In my opinion a battle line has just been drawn...sincerely I pity Amaechi..sincerely!

The fact now is that Amaechi has just become an enemy of virtually all south south stakeholders beginning from the SS governors. You know why I said so? because almost every dude within the corridor of powers want a new position or retain their previous and only Jonathan who we know will become the president will deliver mandates to them and not Amaechi whose political relevance is fading with the sunset...the best He'll do is to form ally with the Northerners to fight his own brother. #We are watching!

Jonathan will subtly witch hunt that guy and use every arsenal against the dude. Those praising Amaechi's victory are just lame to say the least.

Where were Amaechi's powers when Chief Obuah emerged PDP Chairman in a State you are perceived the numero uno?
Where were his powers when less that 96hours, 22 law makers in the State were suspended?
Where were his powers when his G.U Ake (the perceived most powerful man in Rivers State) was overthrown?

He sacked the Obo Akpor Chairman and put in caretaker cmttee, minutes later orders came to unseat the caretaker cmmttee.

Lets wait and see how events in Amaechi;s life unfolds. Because as it stands there;s the 1000000% possibility that he can never regain the control of his State again from the hands of the his detractors. wink

The fact is that Amaechi may win this battle, but can never win this war...this is what politics in Nigeria is all about...#peaceout

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by muut2: 11:01pm On May 24, 2013
Congratulations the peoples gov! In spite of the intimidations and harassment by the oga at d top u scaled through, I dust my hat for u Sir!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 24, 2013
Nigerian Governors Forum, PDP Governors Forum, Northern Governors Forum, Southern Governors Forum, South East Governors Forum, ETC Governors Forum! All dis forums for just 36 men?!!!!!! Naija i hail thee!!! We too dey 'overcopy' abi 'overdo'

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by PointB: 11:06pm On May 24, 2013
Congratulations to Ameachi.
I however wonder what it profits Ameachi to win reelection but lose his party's support. Perhaps he is warming up to decamp to APC as I fail to see how this re-election will serve him in PDP.
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Gbawe: 11:06pm On May 24, 2013
I have said it many times on this forum that 2015 is an impossible ambition for GEJ starting from even an attempt to overcome fanatically determined opposition within his own Party. I expect more shameless antics from team GEJ till they gain a "win" over Amaechi. Same played out when disinterested Alli, drafted in at the last minute, defeated GEJ's choice (Anenih) easily, for the PDP BOT chairman position, only for team GEJ to declare "deadlock" and then go on a rampage of sackings and the bullying emasculation of opponents to get their way unopposed. Instructive Anenih emerged BOT chairman winner by "consensus" choice.

Also, Akpabio is unraveling as a disappointment. As a good administrator who has delivered for his people, he should know that there is more to politics than blindly defending a highly despised and treacherous mediocrity who will never win , as per any genuinely democratic electoral test, because he has lost virtually everyone with his selectively treacherous and divisive antics.

We are then back in the days of Idi Amin, Abacha, Laurent Gbagbo et al where African leaders shamelessly failed to respect the fact that the entire polity, starting even from their own political affiliates, wanted them out because of conduct that has disappointed everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by malc619(m): 11:06pm On May 24, 2013
Gentle me: In my opinion a battle line has just been drawn...sincerely I pity Amaechi..sincerely!

Jonathan will subtly witch hunt that guy and use every arsenal against the dude. Those praising Amaechi's victory are just lame to say the least.

Where were Amaechi's powers when Chief Obuah emerged PDP Chairman in a State you are perceived the numero uno?
Where were his powers when less that 96hours, 22 law makers in the State were suspended?
Where were his powers when his G.U Ake (the perceived most powerful man in Rivers State) was overthrown?

He sacked the Obo Akpor Chairman and put in caretaker cmttee, minutes later orders came to unseat the caretaker cmmttee.

Lets wait and see how events in Amaechi;s life unfolds. Because as it stands there;s the 1000000% possibility that he can never regain the control of his State again from the hands of the his detractors. wink

The fact is that Amaechi may win this battle, but can never win this battle...this is what politics in Nigeria is all about...#peaceout

Amaechi has a right to nurse political ambitions, he shouldn't be crucified for that...

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by automaticcarzz: 11:08pm On May 24, 2013
PointB: Congratulations to Ameachi.
I however wonder what it profits Ameachi to win reelection but lose his party's support. Perhaps he is warming up to decamp to APC as I fail to see how this re-election will serve him in PDP.

Have you forgotten some PDP Governors voted for him too?
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by clint77ng: 11:15pm On May 24, 2013
[quote
author=HAH]This is the second time GEJ will be defeated first was
tambuwals election. The grand finale of his defeat will be in
2015[/quote]. Tambuwals victory was a defect to the yoruba nation and not GEJ. my friend think well
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 24, 2013
PDP finally know how to Bleep up! Of all candidates to contest against Amaechi, they saw dat GRANDFATHER as d ideal candidate, they would have nominated MARTINS ELECHI since they wanted old man as chairman! D way they forcefully entrusted to Nigerians a sick man as president!! SAY NO TO ALL THESE OLD POLITICIANS (both in PDP n APC)!!! TODAY IS DAT TOMORROW THEY PROMISED US WE WILL BE ITS LEADERS
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Gentleme1: 11:19pm On May 24, 2013
malc619:

Amaechi has a right to nurse political ambitions, he shouldn't be crucified for that...

Nurse which political ambitions?..lol...Ambitions of swaying to the opposition at the expense of the people who voted him in? or for his selfish reasons?

The dude knows that his political days are over and 2015 wont give him the ticket to Senate, because Chief Nyesom Wike (minister of state for education) is preparing his own butt for that seat.

My brother even if he comes in through APC, PDP will beat him in RState hands down because one- the state is no longer under his control again...two- the new evil stakeholders of PDP in Rstate know the rigging game more than him...three-what he has are just more young boys like tonye princewill (the dude who keep posting pixes of himself and wife having fun in dubai every other day) while the evil geniuses have all decamped to team Obuah.

The major reason I see Presido hunting that guy is because Amaechi has turned out to be a threat to PDP, to South South, to the people of Rivers State, to the Stakeholders and every one who feels happy that at least in this period in history one of our own has mounted the numero uno seat of power. My brother, Amaechi knows it aint goin be eaasy...lets be watching!
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Justicemy: 11:19pm On May 24, 2013
wen TA orji and martin elechi stil de alive dem de re-elect amaechi again nawa oo, mtcheew
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by HAH: 11:20pm On May 24, 2013
This is obviously a sign that GEJ will lose the PDP primaries (he earlier he decamps to Apga or LP the better because PDPs candidate is Lamido or kwankwaso.

The handwriting is clear on the wall. Lest I forget kano delegate alone is equal to 50% of south south delegates

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 24, 2013
edited
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by oyin01(m): 11:22pm On May 24, 2013
[quote author=earthgreeners]Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State has won re-election as the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum defeating his opponent Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State by 3 votes.

Mr. Amaechi won 19 votes from the 35 governors present, while Mr. Jang, a late entrant to the competition garnered 16 votes. The governor of Gombe state was absent.

What is the implication?
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by ruthDung: 11:23pm On May 24, 2013
you so called south west we wil divide nigeria verticaly and join you with dis mallams in the north seems u are floating together, we are tired with them in midle belt, and sw is even small i populatn. non indigens that are much in sw dats midle belt se and ss
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Gbawe: 11:24pm On May 24, 2013
Gentle me: In my opinion a battle line has just been drawn...sincerely I pity Amaechi..sincerely!

The fact now is that Amaechi has just become an enemy of virtually all south south stakeholders beginning from the SS governors. You know why I said so? because almost every dude within the corridor of powers want a new position or retain their previous and only Jonathan who we know will become the president will deliver mandates to them and not Amaechi whose political relevance is fading with the sunset...the best He'll do is to form ally with the Northerners to fight his own brother. #We are watching!

The fact is that Amaechi may win this battle, but can never win this war...this is what politics in Nigeria is all about...#peaceout

Nigeria cannot remain an aberration where mediocrities, promoted far above their station, lord it over talented folks. That model is becoming extinct worldwide.

Prop up GEJ all you want and put down Ameachi as suits you but I can confidently tell you , here and now, that your Nation will not exist in a vacuum.

Ultimately, and in defiance of what obtained previously, Nigerian leadership will become more about meritorious and talented 'gladiators' earning the right to lead rather than what we have now whereby a totally unfit character such as GEJ, courtesy of throwback jesters like OBJ, finds himself far above his station. Amaechi's victory may not last but it is symbolic of what is to come for GEJ and those who support him myopically.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by ertekaoyo: 11:25pm On May 24, 2013
Man proposes, but God disposes. Congrats, our amiable Gov. Amaechi. Thanks GEJ for ensuring a level playing grounds.
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Tayo114: 11:25pm On May 24, 2013
Brave man, he deserves it
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by PointB: 11:29pm On May 24, 2013
automaticcarzz:

Have you forgotten some PDP Governors voted for him too?

Minority judging from the numbers. Question is how many of those can he really count on when the chips are down. Quite frankly Ameachi is dangerously isolating himself, in this business of numbers. I do wish him well, he seems a dogged fighter, I hope he understands though that 'discretion is a better form of valour!'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bot Gives Jonathan March Deadline To Reject Sheriff / "Jonathan's Aide Took 10 Suitcases Of Hard Currency Into His Inner Room" - EFCC / Court Stops El-Rufai From Licensing Pastors, Imams In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.