Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? (2785 Views)

See What This Lady Did After Breakup With Her Man ( PHOTO ) / Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup / Nice Slow/mid Tempo Songs To Listen To After Breakup Or When Not Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by eldee(m): 2:16pm On Apr 27, 2008
[center]Break-ups Might Just Get Expensive[/center]
Cohabiting couples would be entitled to financial settlements if they split up, under proposals from the Government’s key adviser on law reform.
A report by the Law Commission says that partners who have been together for two years or more, or have had children together, should be able to make claims.

Under the scheme, courts would have the power to order former partners to sell their home, pay lump sums and even share their pensions to balance out the “pluses and minuses of the relationship”. Those making claims would have to prove that they had made “qualifying contributions” to the relationship, which have resulted in “enduring consequences”. They would have to prove that their relationships put them at a long-term economic disadvantage or gave their ex-partners a clear financial advantage.

The authors of the report went out of their way to allay fears that the proposals would undermine marriage. They included data from Australia that showed how rights for cohabitees had little impact on the marriage rate.

Source: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/article2170372.ece
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by eldee(m): 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2008
Methinks this is another effort from the 'fair' sex to empty our pockets.
Fine, married couples might just have a good reason to claim settlements and all that, they commited their lives
But unmarried girlfriends I think it's totally unfair, just imagine her suing you for finding a more fixable rib?
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by tRoOE(f): 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2008
eldee:

Methinks this is another effort from the 'fair' sex to empty our pockets.
Fine, married couples might just have a good reason to claim settlements and all that, they commited their lives
But unmarried girlfriends I think it's totally unfair, just imagine her suing you for finding a more fixable rib?

ahahaha these law are getting better

Yes oh, very all the emotional stress she went through out the relationship cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by eldee(m): 7:20pm On Apr 28, 2008
What emotional stress? Are women this evil?
Now a man cannot enjoy himself, even when 1+1 is still 2 cheesy

And the bad thing is that now they don't need to sign a pre-nup They just need to drop a few lies in court.
I hope this thing doesn't work sha, if not, I'll be working arround with a one-night-stand contract agreement
And I'll just increase the lenght to a weekly basis tongue
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by wendymanda: 7:27pm On Apr 28, 2008
Well its basically a common law marriage therefore they deserve[b] SOME[/b] rights that married couple have after breaking up. These laws have been enacted else where before with no problems. I bet you if the woman was the one paying up there'd be no complaints.

PS. Child birth is enough stress, all the stretch mark and gravity.
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by Uche2nna(m): 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2008
wendymanda:

Well its basically a common law marriage therefore they deserve[b] SOME[/b] rights that married couple have after breaking up. These laws have been enacted else where before with no problems. I bet you if the woman was the one paying up there'd be no complaints.

Abeg make do with child support  angry

Does this law hold even when it is the female that decides she does not want to be married to the man undecided
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by eldee(m): 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2008
wendymania: Well its basically a common law marriage therefore they deserve SOME rights that married couple have after breaking up. These laws have been enacted else where before with no problems. I bet you if the woman was the one paying up there'd be no complaints.

They've been tried in Australia, that's not a basis of comparism
Believe moi yeah, Brit and American ladies could get greedy to a state that they get into relationships just for benefits.

Under the scheme, courts would have the power to order former partners to sell their home, pay lump sums and even share their pensions to balance out the “pluses and minuses of the relationship”.

We already have women praying rich men fall in love with them without pre-nups undecided
This will make some women rather get into relationships than look for jobs
The rate at which women are going into single-parent zone is high enough, this is a whole new level

How is childbirth stress? Whose children are they, now they could earn a lump sum for themselves and still get child support  shocked shocked shocked
Swear The Man doesn't like us
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by Jackal1(m): 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2008
@ Eldee,

I saw the article some few days ago and i was like. . . . . .WTF?
What else should we expect? In anutha 10 years, men will be forced to carry breast-feed babies.
Blimey. . . . who are the pillocks making these moronic laws?
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by pahtahkee: 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2008
Gross madness at its best! grin grin

I really have to think more tighter now! cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2008
Nice, nice, very nice cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by tRoOE(f): 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2008
[b]What emotional stress? Are women this evil?[/b]

Yes oh all the troubles and agony you put the ladies through
Making them(ladies) cry
Not appreciating the love she has for you
Taking advantage of her especially her LOVE
Not been there when she needed you to console her
All the lies you guys have crooked up grin grin
Women are not evil, we are just smarter than your (men)
And let us not forget the babe mama(s), hmmmmmmmm they deserve this law
Now ladies have the way of getting richer

ahahah sucks to be a man cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by NaJaHaJe(f): 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2008
Whats the point stressing about settlement after the relationship is ova?

Whilst the gyal is in the relationship she had beta accumulating all that she can so that in the event that the man leaves her she won't have anything to worry about.

If she's sensible, if she has any children for him then she has to make sure there are some things in place financially in case of any silliness.

There is no point crying ova split milk!
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by bigfather(m): 11:26pm On Apr 28, 2008
Settlement for what naa ? For what we both enjoyed passionatley before the whole thing went sour ?
Settlement ko Cashment ni ! So who pays me when she marries and i still reamin single ? undecided
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by Antidote1(f): 11:30pm On Apr 28, 2008
I just "wove"( gliding of a liquid into a glide) the West,

Of course, pay up guys, afterall, I gave you the best 10 years of my life, I am sure as hell entitled to something, with interest if I may add grin grin grin grin grin.

erhmmmmmmm, Jackal( you and your crew) you can huff and puff until "breath becomes you" grin cheesy cheesy.The Law prevails,

10 years of shagging on your time, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

10 years of emotional, psychological, and all the other types of abuse, PRICELESS,

Dar me mucho dinero los ninos
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by Cadet(f): 11:43pm On Apr 28, 2008
Eldee, Eldee Eldee, why na? Which kain topic be this? pay wetin? abeg!
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by eldee(m): 7:51am On Apr 29, 2008
tRoOE:

[b]What emotional stress? Are women this evil?[/b]

Yes oh all the troubles and agony you put the ladies through
Making them(ladies) cry
Not appreciating the love she has for you
Taking advantage of her especially her LOVE
Not been there when she needed you to console her
All the lies you guys have crooked up grin grin
Women are not evil, we are just smarter than your (men)
And let us not forget the babe mama(s), hmmmmmmmm they deserve this law
Now ladies have the way of getting richer

ahahah sucks to be a man cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

As I said already, women are suckers for pity
Not appreciating the love she has for you? Oh my freaking dayz
That's why it's not a marriage for goodness sake, it's a testing period, u're not contractd to stay
Believe me, you're allowed to break up with ur man for any flipping reason
Why wait for four years and then sue for settlement?

Do you think it's easy for men too? We want walk up to prettier chicks at party buffet just because we know u got ur hawk-eyes on us grin
We get questioned for any step we take, we have to prove how all our female cousins are related to us
All the times you forced us off the bachelor markets by demanding public display of affection cheesy
All the times we had to pay £150 pounds every to weeks for your hair
What of the nagging we witness every month just because u're on your period. . . eewww

The baby-mamas get child support from us, and single-parent thingy from the government
They pay little or no taxes, they're already taken care of.

@toyin
It's the stupid people up there that are trying to make a fool of us grin
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by funkybaby(f): 8:34am On Apr 29, 2008
@topic

Most responsible IBO men do 'settle' their partners financially or/and materially after mutual break ups.
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by saucekid(m): 8:52am On Apr 29, 2008
if you pay her. . . that means she was just a LovePeddler to you while it lasted
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by NaJaHaJe(f): 9:31am On Apr 29, 2008
funkybaby:

@topic

Most responsible IBO men do 'settle' their partners financially or/and materially after mutual break ups.

On what planet?
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 29, 2008
Without any preamble -

- No.
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by funkybaby(f): 10:24am On Apr 29, 2008
@naje heje

Lol. Planet earth. Seriously, they do it.
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by eldee(m): 10:32am On Apr 29, 2008
saucekid:

if you pay her. . . that means she was just a LovePeddler to you while it lasted
That's the home truth with a touch down. wink

funkybaby:

@topic
You know what you just did? u just termed 90% of a whole tribe irresponsible
Because I've seen bare Ibo men and I've not seen any paying his ex settlement for sleeping with him for three years
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by saucekid(m): 10:33am On Apr 29, 2008
@ eldee
sup man
shaz has been lookin all over town for you
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by Uche2nna(m): 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2008
funkybaby:

@topic

Huh?
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by TheSly: 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2008
The law is pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And see all them yeye birds up here saying its Nyaishnice its Nyaish!. . . . .B.S.
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by bawomolo(m): 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2008
@topic

lol@the independent women looking for settlement even after breakup. yeye women.
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by pahtahkee: 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2008
One more reason as to why one must not settle for all these westernized babes. grin grin Too much long throat.

I will ''kuku'' pack my bags and head home to marry a full matured well bred woman, not all these finance settlement babes here and there. grin grin
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by Antidote1(f): 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2008
pahtahkee:

One more reason as to why one must not settle for all these westernized babes. grin grin Too much long throat.

I will ''kuku'' pack my bags and head home to marry a full matured well bred woman, not all these finance settlement babes here and there. grin grin

erhmmmmmmmmmmm. They have televisions, and are very well aware of all the changes that are taking place tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue,
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by tRoOE(f): 6:08pm On Apr 29, 2008
eldee:

As I said already, women are suckers for pity
Not appreciating the love she has for you? Oh my freaking dayz
That's why it's not a marriage for goodness sake, it's a testing period, u're not contractd to stay
Believe me, you're allowed to break up with your man for any flipping reason
Why wait for four years and then sue for settlement?

Do you think it's easy for men too? We want walk up to prettier chicks at party buffet just because we know u got your hawk-eyes on us grin
We get questioned for any step we take, we have to prove how all our female cousins are related to us
All the times you forced us off the bachelor markets by demanding public display of affection cheesy
All the times we had to pay £150 pounds every to weeks for your hair
What of the nagging we witness every month just because u're on your period. . . eewww

The baby-mamas get child support from us, and single-parent thingy from the government
They pay little or no taxes, they're already taken care of.

@toyin
It's the stupid people up there that are trying to make a fool of us grin
Just becos you ain't married doesn't mean you should take her love for granted
Why should she leave after so much time, money, love, body and let not forget the sex making love part, lai lai cool
You gave her the money willing, to get her hair done, you want you woman to look beautiful so stop complaining about how much you paid for her to get the hair done. grin grin
it's part of women nature to have a mood swing jare
You men nags at the ladies too, especially when she doesn't pick up her pick on time, went out without informing her lover about her whereabouts grin grin

Good for the baby mama(s)

Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by TheSly: 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2008
~Antidote~:

[/b]
erhmmmmmmmmmmm. They have televisions, and are very well aware of all the changes that are taking place tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue,
To every problem. . . .
There is always a solution. . . .we will find something to do about it. . . . . . . Trust me cool tongue cool
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by pahtahkee: 6:40pm On Apr 29, 2008
~Antidote~:

[/b]

What changes? tongue The only change appearing is the one I fully certify to take place in the bedroom tongue tongue Thank God for the home grown babes, always obedient, not all these settlement seeking babes grin grin

funkybaby:

@naje heje

Lol. Planet earth. Seriously, they do it.

I hope lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Would You Pay Settlement To Your Unmarried Fiancee After Breakup??? by eldee(m): 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2008
tRoOE:

Just because you ain't married doesn't mean you should take her love for granted
Why should she leave after so much time, money, love, body and let not forget the sex making love part, lai lai cool
You gave her the money willing, to get her hair done, you want you woman to look beautiful so stop complaining about how much you paid for her to get the hair done. grin grin
it's part of women nature to have a mood swing jare
You men nags at the ladies too, especially when she doesn't pick up her pick on time, went out without informing her lover about her whereabouts grin grin

Good for the baby mama(s)

Exactly, we both nag sumtimes, infact the ladies nag more, so why do we have to do the paying?
Sex? we both enjoyed it
Who spends more? We do
Who leaves first? They do
So what's the flipping settlement for?

Any lady that asks for settlement after an unmarried relationship and maybe except a child is a LovePeddler
Even after we decided not to go in the footsteps of C.Ronaldo and Anderson, she's a contract prostitute tongue tongue
But, no matter what they do, it's still a man's world tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! What Is She Trying To Do. / Controversies Trail 28 Year-old’s Nigerian Marriage To 68 Year-old Greek Woman / Meet The Teacher That Seduced Her Student With Hot Facebook Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.