Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,392 members, 7,861,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:18 AM

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread - TV/Movies (1182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread (2183025 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa The Chase Finale After-party Pictures / Angelo And Bimp Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (2727) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by SexyFox(f): 2:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
Kslib: Dillish asking melvin if everything is alright.. She said he has been quiet today..
I didnt notice any quietness from melvin today ohhh,maybe she means something else sha..
This is kslib reporting for Garri Network!!!
Lol @garri nxtwork
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by AndrERush(m): 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
ochon:

That's to show the height liars will go to paint a HM balck. Smh

Na wa for some people. It's just a forking game for Christ sake. some people take this game way too seriously, they don't even care about their integrity anymore. it's just pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Kslib(m): 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
Bev feza and angelo discussing about the Angeli-Annabel saga..
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
Sexy Fox: If una like make una dey bring down Melvin or Elikem, na waste of internet ink.

Other countries will decide the winner.

Meanwhile Ghana should calm down a little, they are becoming too proud on fbk.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
na only facebook? Go twitter go see Ghana dey show themselves na, na because I dey here dey argue with these people wey dey inside house, dey knack pangolo for their head, dem dey form unbiased.

Since Monday when Ghanaians realise say dem no gats famz us again, dem don dey talk rubbish, dem say SL and ROA sef go vote Elikem.

Na Nigerians give them mouth, I no blame them

When I bring outside report, they say 'why bring twitter here'? Na me be field reporter on here and I tell you guys ONLY Naija, Ghana and Zimbabwe dey hype Elikem o, nobody else gives two phucks bout him. So please, @spade, ochon, dominique and team 'unbiased' feel free to Vote Elikem in the finals since he's more desrving than Melvin

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
Dunno why some of us are taking this game too serious and being unnecessarily emotional. Elikem is in the final and there's nothing any of us can do about it. Melvin would surely get Naija and SL votes and all we can hope is for viewers to shove aside the annoying regional voting ish and vote for who they feel is their best.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
undecided Nawa o how page flies
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lindsay(f): 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
jejelolatu: i rilly can't understand why my naija peeps are going on and on about Melvin.... Dude is slow . YES! Let's all agree on that.

Now, think/look beyond the obvious. What do UTI, Karen, Ola, Goldie(Rip) , Beverly and Melvin have in common? They aren't the sort of repss that Nigerians/Africans will fall in love with easily.
Right from the audition stage , Multichoice made the game harder for Nigeria.(They don't want us to win again- best believe that )

Everytime i see Melvin , i wonder what he did at the auditions that earned him a spot. Same for Beverrly.
We can critisize Melvin all we want , but the truth of the matter is this ....If Melvin was half as Obnoxious as Uti, crazy like Karen, 'agbero-ish' like Ola or love struck like Goldie he would have been out since week 1.
When you come from a country with three wins in the bag, the odds are never in your favour. Melvins slowness which i wd rather call goodness of heart is what is pulling non-nigerians to him. Not knowing what diaspora means doesn't make you stupid , not recognising that your country has enough enemies and making some more for yourself. Thats STUPIDITY. On that count, Melvin is Wise.

God bless you for this comment. The thing Nigerians watching the show have failed to realise is that our contestants were doomed even before auditions for the show started. Even Melvin and Beverly might have entered the show knowing they had a very slim chance of winning.
Every season Nigeria always brought contestants with a certain X-factor but surprisingly this year, we didn't. I could remember reading a comment on Facebook by a South African, after watching Mel and Bev for two weeks saying, "at least we know Nigeria doesn't stand a chance this year because of the kind of people they brought."

So our housemates making it this far just proves the point I have been driving that, in a game of chance like BBA. We have no control over it. Only God and the universe have the final say.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
ozodigboo:
@ njokusboy - you should be the one to park well. what da fuq has English got to with it ? i believe u know what the following words mean - theory, lame, concrete- does that make u a holder in M.Sc [ english ] ?
what languys69 meant, is that as masters degree holder, who has passed thru the university, and completed another 2-3 yrs in the campus doing masters, there are some words he should know. this is a guy who has mixed with actors, musicians etc who travel all the time.
this is a guy whose whole family are in USA presently.
Have u seen anyone attack Bev ? no, because she admitted she dropped-out. everybody chilled for her.
if u say u have masters, then u should know that peeps are watching u.

LolZz, as soon as I logged in, this was the first thing I saw.... Ok, I know the meaning of all the words I used , if I say I don't know what diaspora means, does dat make me dumb Who even told you evrybody knows wat it means, ok , conduct a survey, ask everybody u know in ur house nd even ur friends what diaspora means, start with ur parents nd give me your honest reply. If u claim that they all know wat it means, I'd kip quiet.
Dat is beside the point sef, if u wanna criticise a housemate, bring concrete reasons nd not lame stuffs like him not knowing what a word means.. English isn't about vocabulary, there are lots of synonyms for the word "diaspora" nd the fact dat somebody doesn't know one means nothing...

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Dannyxy(m): 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
sexytabhi: undecided Nawa o how page flies
they wait 4 no one
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
safarigirl: na only facebook? Go twitter go see Ghana dey show themselves na, na because I dey here dey argue with these people wey dey inside house, dey knack pangolo for their head, dem dey form unbiased.

Since Monday when Ghanaians realise say dem no gats famz us again, dem don dey talk rubbish, dem say SL and ROA sef go vote Elikem.

Na Nigerians give them mouth, I no blame them

When I bring outside report, they say 'why bring twitter here'? Na me be field reporter on here and I tell you guys ONLY Naija, Ghana and Zimbabwe dey hype Elikem o, nobody else gives two phucks bout him. So please, @spade, ochon, dominique and team 'unbiased' feel free to Vote Elikem in the finals since he's more desrving than Melvin
I am 100% sure that SL and ROA would not vote elikem over melvin..naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
For being a nigerian,he deserves to win,ghana`s confidence is on zimbabwe and I do not trust that zim won't vote for Cleo if she gets to final.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
Elikem: "I'll prove to you guys that a Ghanaian must win, two Nigerians vs. One Ghanaian"

Elikem: "Nigeria must go"

Team anti-elikem reporting live from akamu network
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by languys69: 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
hiteelong:
Oga English I beg I don do....dis ur issue over 'Diaspora' is becoming annoying....let us move on to smt else.

Why don't you just shut up! You said I should not reply to your post, I didn't. I replied someone that quoted me yet you fired back with insult. If you have a problem with me expressing my opinions then do not read my posts!

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lindsay(f): 2:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
aodis: Infact I remember Elikem norminating Melvin in the 2nd week!

This is a lie. It was Nando that nominated Melvin. Elikem nominated Annabel and Nando.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by geezprince(m): 2:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
â™›AndrERushâ™›:

Jeez. it's funny how people can just completely make up something and try to pass it around as the truth, to back up their point.

Melvin never nominated Oneal because he felt he was bossy. He said himself and Oneal do not converse much, that Oneal was the least person he's close to in the house. SMH
true talk my brother,mel don too punish them with love and kindness so any small thing na how to dirty him name. D only Bleep up he has is being a nigerian,ve said it before,other countries re yabbing us cos they wish they had mel as a rep.while we nigerians have this habbit of expecting a lot from our reps thereby putting them under a whole lotta pressure to deliver.if mel was a zimbo,blv me(the dull,slow,stupid,spirutual and predictable zimobo wl ve won the chase even before the finale).naija I hail o.

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by SexyFox(f): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
safarigirl: Elikem: "I'll prove to you guys that a Ghanaian must win, two Nigerians vs. One Ghanaian"

Lol, akamu nxtwrk
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by languys69: 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
ochon:

No, I don't. Maybe you do. Below is my reason for saying my earlier comment. Your last sentence

If you understood what I said you would not say what you said. I did not say reading posts on nairaland is not enlightening. Otherwise what the heck am I doing here. Abeg work on your comprehension. What I meant was people should try and read widely.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
lindsay:

God bless you for this comment. The thing Nigerians watching the show have failed to realise is that our contestants were doomed even before auditions for the show started. Even Melvin and Beverly might have entered the show knowing they had a very slim chance of winning.
Every season Nigeria always brought contestants with a certain X-factor but surprisingly this year, we didn't. I could remember reading a comment on Facebook by a South African, after watching Mel and Bev for two weeks saying, "at least we know Nigeria doesn't stand a chance this year because of the kind of people they brought."

So our housemates making it this far just proves the point I have been driving that, in a game of chance like BBA. We have no control over it. Only God and the universe have the final say.
who told you Melvin doesn't have an X-factor?

Melvin's X-factor is that he is humble. Africans are surprised that he isn't the stereotypical Nigerian, case-in-point Feza and Annabel who made this same comment.

Melvin makes it difficult for his haters to hate, many have testified, as it stands only Nigerians have anything bad to say about him, others are full of praises.

You say in week 2 a South african said Naija won't win cos their reps won't make it? That's a joke cos that has been said about ALL our reps from Kevin to Melvin, we all know how that ended.

Btw, in week 2, we didn't know squat about anyone to make judgments so that don't count cos everyone thought Hakeem, Nando, Bassey and Pokello could win then, what happened?

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by SexyFox(f): 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
Make I go twitter
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ochon: 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
safarigirl:

@ochon

It's okay pretty. We all agree and disagree. You might not be right all the time but you make sense with your posts. Keeping speaking your mind BTW, everyone has the right to air his views wink

Before I forget, I'm not MR sitting-on-the-fence o grin. I'm team melvin(first) and team cleo cool but I just had to tell you to go easy on elikem. one lovekisskiss
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by languys69: 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
Flome: Melvin is intelligent while Elikem is smart

My sister, intelligent and smart mean the same thing. A smart person is an intelligent person. We are all intelligent beings but some are more intelligent. Perhaps you wanted to say Elikem is smarter?
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
languys69:

You missed the point. The point is he is ostensibly well-educated because he holds a post-graduate degree therefore he should know better. Diaspora is too common a word for him not to know. He does not have to be an English Language graduate! Liking someone does not mean you must throw your objectivity to the winds!

Bro u re also missing the point, a post graduate degree doesn't mean u know evrything, you know a lot of words because you read a lot of novels, newspaper nd stuffs and not because you have a lot of degrees and dat doesn't make u smart, I know a lot of guys that are way smarter than me but do not know as much words as I... Besides diaspora aint as common as you think.... Dat isn't a basis for judging intelligence.

6 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 3:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
See as Bev dey share this food like one kain iya Basira, meanwhile the jollof red, looking good
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lindsay(f): 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
safarigirl: who told you Melvin doesn't have an X-factor?

Melvin's X-factor is that he is humble. Africans are surprised that he isn't the stereotypical Nigerian, case-in-point Feza and Annabel who made this same comment.

Melvin makes it difficult for his haters to hate, many have testified, as it stands only Nigerians have anything bad to say about him, others are full of praises.

You say in week 2 a South african said Naija won't win cos their reps won't make it? That's a joke cos that has been said about ALL our reps from Kevin to Melvin, we all know how that ended.

Btw, in week 2, we didn't know squat about anyone to make judgments so that don't count cos everyone thought Hakeem, Nando, Bassey and Pokello could win then, what happened?

Nne biko, nwayo nwayo. It is not a fight inugo? Cool down.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by SexyFox(f): 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2013
Una say we dey hate on Elikem, go facebook and twitter, see wetin other Africans dey talk.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by languys69: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
njokusboy:

Bro u re also missing the point, a post graduate degree doesn't mean u know evrything, you know a lot of words because you read a lot of novels, newspaper nd stuffs and not because you have a lot of degrees and dat doesn't make u smart, I know a lot of guys that are way smarter than me but do not know as much words as I... Besides diaspora aint as common as you think.... Dat isn't a basis for judging intelligence.

Where did I say I am judging Melvin's intelligence on the basis of his knowing what diaspora means or not? You have answered yourself already. Holding a lot of degrees especially in a country like Nigeria with a dysfunctional educational sector does not mean you are smart! They are perhaps mere papers because the processes by which you obtained them may be questionable. In saner climes a graduate will be expected to know the meaning of certain words. But I forgot, this is Nigeria. Forgive me.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by AndrERush(m): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
geez prince: true talk my brother,mel don too punish them with love and kindness so any small thing na how to dirty him name. D only Bleep up he has is being a nigerian,ve said it before,other countries re yabbing us cos they wish they had mel as a rep.while we nigerians have this habbit of expecting a lot from our reps thereby putting them under a whole lotta pressure to deliver.if mel was a zimbo,blv me(the dull,slow,stupid,spirutual and predictable zimobo wl ve won the chase even before the finale).naija I hail o.

I couldn't agree more my brother
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ochon: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
safarigirl: @spade, ochon, dominique and team 'unbiased' feel free to Vote Elikem in the finals since he's more desrving than Melvin

I don't know where you get this ackward thinking that I will vote elikem over melvin. It's absurd and an insult to my intelligence. Please stop. I'll vote melvin and beverly first over elikem. It doesn't mean I hate but my reps comes first

And please, fucck those FB and TWEEPS, their rants and foaming at mouths can't stop melvin or ANY OTHER HMS from winning. Jeeezzz!!.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by hiteelong(f): 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
languys69:

Why don't you just shut up! You said I should not reply to your post, I didn't. I replied someone that quoted me yet you fired back with insult. If you have a problem with me expressing my opinions then do not read my posts!
I just read it tongue so
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by 14(m): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
I can just imagine if this show was hosted in Nigeria, everything would be Nigerian. No wonder people complain about that it looks like BB Nigeria. This show must be about Africa and there should be no bias towards one country, but as it is at the moment. You can see where the pendulam is swinging to. BBA was season 1,2 and 3, the rest that followed, rubbish
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ochon: 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
safarigirl: Elikem: "I'll prove to you guys that a Ghanaian must win, two Nigerians vs. One Ghanaian"

If he really said this, then he's plotting for his downfall. Africa are watching, twitter is buzzing, at the end of the day it MIGHT come back to bite his asz. That's a really bad thing to say and it has killed his game(that's if he really said it)
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ochon: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
safarigirl: who told you Melvin doesn't have an X-factor?

Gracias

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (2727) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.