Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,852 members, 7,862,784 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:25 AM

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread - TV/Movies (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread (2183488 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa The Chase Finale After-party Pictures / Angelo And Bimp Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (2727) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
Well am not at home, am in my Villa. BBA website is forkinly slow in updating xo u wud b of help if yhuu update

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by russello: 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
GH PATRIOT:
Oya Google it, if you want updates or PHCN visit your house?

grin grin grin
U wicked o tongue
cheesy
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by russello: 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2013

[size=16pt]Dillish and Bolt won the Power of No Task[/size]

Dame Dillish and big Bolt Bolt may not be super heroes but thanks to Biggie the two Chasemates have been bestowed with superpowers.

The two Housemates both beat out the rest of the competition in their respective Houses and were rewarded with the much sort after Power of No. The Diamond’s Power of No Task tested the Housemates predictive skills. On a table in the garden, were ten cups lined up upside down. Each Housemate had to pick a cup and hold it up. While the other Housemates’ cups were empty; Dillish found a pink finger attached to hers and was declared the winner.

Over in the Ruby House, the Housemates found a white and a black box in the garden that had a stick for each Housemate inside of it. Each Ruby had to draw a stick and hold it up and wait for Biggie to announce the winner. After much anticipation from the Rubies, Biggie put them out of their misery when he declared Bolt,who had the shortest stick, as the victor.

These two Housemates now have the power to pick one Housemate that they wish to see not participate in the Head of House Task on Friday. Seeing how Dillish has been butting heads with Hakeem lately, he seems like the person that she is most likely to choose but you just never know with these Housemates. As for Bolt it is a complete mystery who the Sierra Leonean will choose to wield his might against.

Who do you think Bolt and Dillish will choose to use their Power of No against?
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by russello: 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2013

[size=16pt]Diary Room: Survival stories[/size]

Behind all the hair, make-up, pecs and egos lie the true spirit of survivors. This afternoon, the Diamond Housemates shared touching stories of struggle, pain and dreams deferred.

Maria - "My determination helped me survive an attempted rape. I don't know where I got the strength to fight back but I did".

Melvin - "I was called by a stranger who was standing in front of my parent’s gate in the middle of the night when I was a kid. I fell into a trance and started following this person. Luckily, a little girl from the neighborhood saw me walking around aimlessly and told my parents. I was eventually found walking in no man’s land".

Cleo - "I'm a hustler and try to survive by any means necessary. Every day, you bury your dreams and rebirth them. I have survived through grace, prayer, positivity and love, which keeps me strong. I'm the ultimate survivor".

Nando - "I've survived a lot of things. I was young and I was going through a lot of stuff so I started doing drugs about a year ago. I landed up in hospital after taking lots of pills. That experience helped me to love and accept myself and helped me focus".

Beverly - "Before my Big Brother Africa audition, I was involved in a car accident. I was on my way to a show and wasn't dressed properly. My mom had told me not to go but I didn't listen to her. Thank God I'm alive".

Hakeem - As young as I am, I was the man of the House at some point in my life. I had no job and had to take care of my family during tough economic times. I couldn't go to college and didn’t sleep at home most nights, but I survived".

Bimp - "I come from a good family. I lost everything because I left home. That was one of the most difficult moments.Nothing to eat, nowhere to sleep but I made it. I'm here. I'm alive".

Annabel - "I'll never forget this. It's so sensitive. My dad died and I was really close to him. My life crumbled. I was depressed and I lost weight. I used alcohol to mask the pain. I had to lift myself up and eventually did thanks to my family and friends".

Dillish - I survived a House fire. I lived with my granddad and my twin brothers. One day my grandfather switched the stove on to warm his food. He fell asleep and the pot overheated. I was sleeping and one of the twins slapped me awake and told me something was burning. My brother saved my family. I owe him my life".

Selly did not share a survival story and instead got a bit of advice from Big Brother regarding her relationship with Nando. "Give him space, don't chase after him and watch him slowly open up to you", Big Brother said. What do you think of Biggie's advice? Also, what have you survived that has made you a stronger person?

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/News/12685/Diary-Room-Survival-stories.html?site=fullsite
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by sholay2011(m): 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
Dillish, abeg use your power of no against Hakeed....no bad feelings...it's just da game...shey you get?
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by aodis: 7:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
sholay2011: Dillish, abeg use your power of no against Hakeed....no bad feelings...it's just da game...shey you get?

Lol no be small thing o!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by aodis: 7:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
Me just dey wait for the day wey Melvin go tell Dillish say Em gbadu am! wink

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by russello: 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
Honestly, Bolt is becoming very interesting

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by GHPATRIOT(m): 7:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
pahgy: Well am not at home, am in my Villa. BBA website is forkinly slow in updating xo u wud b of help if yhuu update
Sorry, for my burst up, it was bad of me.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
GH PATRIOT:
Menua, take it eazy no name calling, deal with the shameful act that will hang around her head forever. To tell you the truth, I am not so much disturbed she bleeped in BBA, my issue has to do with the fact that you have a fiancee outside the house only for you to let loose when the whole world including you know that Nando wants to get laid. We all know Eazy and Keitta did it in the house last year but she denied it, People did not push it because she did it with her fiancee but only centered on her drama with brazilian hair.
She has a lot to deal with when she comes back to GH.

Her fiance got what he deserved.
Didn't he leave his wife and 4 children for her?

Serves him right.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by sholay2011(m): 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
who noticed that maria is kinda retracting into her shell and no longer chasing Melvin dat much....I tink she now gets dat he is into her fruend....not her.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
chriskwaku:
Now i see your mischief smiley wink cheesy. So sperms can change white towel to four colours smiley winkHaba

Nando's 'congeal' must have been really mighty.
Trust me, if you stay 2 straight years without bangging, your trapped seemen sef go change to rainbow color. grin
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by russello: 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
sholay2011: who noticed that maria is kinda retracting into her shell and no longer chasing Melvin dat much....I tink she now gets dat he is into her fruend....not her.

I noticed that too
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by russello: 7:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
Please, guyz can we let go the Nando-Selly thingy already
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by onthefence: 7:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
Am I the only one who believes BBA is only interesting on Fridays (Swap) Saturdays (Party) Sundays (Éviction) and Mondays (nominations) Other days seem boring.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
onthefence: Am I the only one who believes BBA is only interesting on Fridays (Swap) Saturdays (Party) Sundays (Éviction) and Mondays (nominations) Other days seem boring.
That makes the two of us.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by bionicdude(m): 8:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
onthefence: Am I the only one who believes BBA is only interesting on Fridays (Swap) Saturdays (Party) Sundays (Éviction) and Mondays (nominations) Other days seem boring.
like u were reading my mind.d housemates are always dull d only tin dat lightens them up is alcohol.alcohol makes dem interesting for example last saturday after d party.secrets were shared just bcuz alcohol was talking
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by curious123: 8:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
[quote author=russello][/quote]
Bros tanx a lot 4 dis update jare
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by russello: 8:15pm On Jun 25, 2013

Feza – “I survived a deadly disease. Having a son saved me. I was irresponsible and out of control. I was seeing someone with a deadly disease and God kept me on the safe side. It was God’s hand”.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by GARRIWARLORD(m): 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
All the 19 housemates from both houses gave their survival story,but as usual,Natasha's surviving story was different..
When biggie asked of her survival story,Natasha said 'she is surviving a conflict btwn her and the Head Of House'. LMAO..
Biggy's site cracks me up..
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by russello: 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2013

[size=16pt]Diary Room: Ruby survivors[/size]

Over the ages it has been proven time and again that there is nothing in this world that is more resilient than the human spirit. And this week’s Task is all about that resilience. Today the Rubies took to the Diary Room to share their extraordinary tales of human endurance.

Angelo – “My childhood was hardest for me; watching my mum raising three kids as a single mother. I also got stabbed in the chest when I was in school".

Fatima – “I survived an abusive relationship. My boyfriend used to beat me up and I used to beat him back".

Sulu – “I was raised in the ghetto where there are all kinds of bad vices and young people not wanting to go to school. I thank God for my mother’s teachings and prayers".

Pokello - “I survived a media leak that almost ruined my life. I was also in an abusive relationship when I was 17. It has made me who I am today. I have learned to fight for myself”.

Bassey – “I have survived tragedy; I lost my dad when I was young. My sister and my brother didn’t go to varsity because of my dad’s death as there was not enough money. It was hard to watch my mother raise five kids as a single mom and I am happy that I made it to university".

Oneal - "I had the most confusing childhood among my friends and it shaped who I am today”.

Feza – “I survived a deadly disease. Having a son saved me. I was irresponsible and out of control. I was seeing someone with a deadly disease and God kept me on the safe side. It was God’s hand”.

Elikem – “I survived a major car accident. That is why I have scars on my head. I am not going until I’ve done everything God has put me on this earth to do".

Bolt – “Besides surviving the war in Sierra Leonean, more recently in 2012 I was unemployed and it was really hard. So being here, for me it is a second chance”.

Instead of sharing a survival story from her past Natasha told Biggie that she is surviving conflict with HoH Feza. According to the Malawian, the Tanzanian approached her and told her that she is the Head of House now and she will be taking over and allocating who cleans and does what in the House and now Natasha feels stifled.

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/News/12725/Diary-Room-Ruby-survivors.html?site=fullsite

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
The houses are very boring because Biggie refuses to play music for the housemates.

If any of you watched Big Brother Nigeria, you'd agree with me that season was banging with endless hits from indigenous artistes. The entire house was wired with speakers and the playlists were loaded with beautiful music.

Music needs to be played always to lift the housemates' spirits up.
But this season, like the paintjob in the house wasn't boring, lifeless and depressing enough, the environment is permanently held hostage by deafening silence.

Who no go tire under such a scenario? I have to confess to you, this season has been a CHORE to watch. It's like torture! It's like the producers and organizers themselves are equally clueless!

To cap it off, the Saturday Night DJs have been really suspect. Majority have been incredibly boring!

Most times, I'm like, "Do these guys even examine the histories of these DJs before featuring them?"
Case in point was 2 weeks back, when they featured that clueless DJ (I think he's from Johannesburg) who was playing Funeral songs in the club.
Funeral songs... In the club...

I no fit shout! shocked
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by THEAMAKA(f): 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
SA Girl:

Luclay didn't win because South Africans can never come close to Nigeria and Zimbabwe when it comes to rigging. No one can, hence the show will always be competition between Nigeria and Zimbabwe. I have accepted that and have come to peace with it, only feel sorry for those who still believe any other country can ever win BBA without Biggy's manipulation (Keagan only won because there were no Zimbabwean or Nigerian reps in the house, thanks to Biggie).

I also believe its because Karen and Luclay shared the same fan base but at the end of the day they preferred Karen. She was the stronger of the two. I mean, she made the show and you have to admit she deserved to win. I don't think there was that much rigging at play. Towards the last 1/3 of the show, Luclay got dull and started keeping to himself after Weza was evicted. People kept saving him for the sake of LuKaren and that's all. Its a shame no one listened to me when i said the only way for Luclay to win would be to eliminate Wendall or all the Zim/Zam reps.
But whatever, that's history, moving on to better days. cool
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
Elikem – “I survived a major car accident. That is why I have scars on my head. I am not going until I’ve done everything God has put me on this earth to do".

Here I was thinking the scars on his head were because of some useless shaving sticks. The dude is a survivor...God bless his hustle.

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by sholay2011(m): 8:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
@Spade... So, your complaint is majorly about biggie playing songs continuously and watching housemates do what....dance for hours why not change the channel to soundcity then?

What I am not impressed about at all are the tasks (like sumone mentioned before on this thread). the tasks are not creative, intelligent, funny, well-thought and not very interesting. Many tasks are left to chance to decide the winner. Innate abilities are not tested to give some housemates advantage like strength, speed, analytical skills and so on. Housemates haven't even nominated one another because of poor performance at tasks (because that shows how they valued and enjoyed it) but rather on disagreements and hatred. Smh.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by GARRIWARLORD(m): 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
Melvin might have a girlfriend back home.. Just maybe..
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
Fatima – “I survived an abusive relationship. My boyfriend used to beat me up and I used to beat him back".

That's a mutually abusive relationship grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by maygal: 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
miss sparkle: biggie- tell me what happened in your life?

Bolt - Bbiggie- in my previous life?

....Bolt died before since he had a previous life, just guessing.

Hahaha
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Waridi: 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
[quote author=pahgy]people bang Everyday, Bang is Bang on TV or on Radio or hiding and bangin, bottom line is u banged. And I know that there isnt a person here who hasnt banged dis month and i also know dat u aint married so d girl u banged is also an ashewo[/quote

Shhhharap!! With your lost Rant!! Selly is Ashewo period at least Maria n Beverly are still holding on to their pants!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by GARRIWARLORD(m): 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
If i were natasha,i will stop stop singing so that those that have voted me so far wont start un-voting..
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by russello: 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
I'm happy we have successfully direct most Nigerians to focus their votes on the Namibian girls instead of giving any of their vote to Annabel since she's gat East Africa on her side.

We are not backing down till Sunday, and until we achieve atleast 70% of 9ja votes for the Namibian sweeties.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by GARRIWARLORD(m): 8:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
russello: I'm happy we have successfully direct most Nigerians to focus their votes on the Namibian girls instead of giving any of their vote to Annabel since she's gat East Africa on her side.

We are not backing down till Sunday, and until we achieve atleast 70% of 9ja votes for the Namibian sweeties.
All hail the warriors!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (2727) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.