Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,362 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread - TV/Movies (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread (2178062 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa The Chase Finale After-party Pictures / Angelo And Bimp Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (2727) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 09, 2013
Sexily Endowed: I fell asleep only for me to get the shock of my life. Melvin did not try at all. I hope he will not do this every time he is head of house. But i think he will be saved. The southerns are going for Pokelo and Cleo. East Africans for Annabel. Sierra Leon, Nigeria and ROA for Melvin. Natasha and Selly are going home. I was right about my prediction of Oneil swapping Elikem for Selly.
I pray so too.

@soloqy, reply my mail.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by shrimati(m): 6:48am On Jul 09, 2013
lalaosky:

I'm guessing you're using an opera mini app to vote.. It will keep giving you an error feedback, so use your phone's web or a PC.. Once you've registered, you can then keep voting after every one hour

Melvin is safe already cos he's got weak contenders so he'll be saved from the dellish country men and that of bimp's.. If it was the last nomination week before the final week that he pulled this stunt, he'd have been evicted.
I have done that already, it just keep on telling me to very my email ad before I can log in and have done that but still the same thing.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 7:10am On Jul 09, 2013
lalaosky:

I'm guessing you're using an opera mini app to vote.. It will keep giving you an error feedback, so use your phone's web or a PC.. Once you've registered, you can then keep voting after every one hour

Melvin is safe already cos he's got weak contenders so he'll be saved from the dellish country men and that of bimp's.. If it was the last nomination week before the final week that he pulled this stunt, he'd have been evicted.
Even Nigeria's 1 vote on a percentage would have saved him last week. And Namibia wasn't up too. Do u think they'll choose bimp over melvin?
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by forkadict(m): 7:34am On Jul 09, 2013
geez prince: we hear you sir but what Melvin did was no stunt boss,he just gambled 300k usd cos he couldn't risk swapping somebody else after what he did to hakkem of cos he didn't knw hakkem was gonn leave .Melvin to me didn't pull any stunt,call him soft,girlish,but a good leader will always serve to lead and if Africa decides to kick him out so be it.Melvin is one of d few good guys in our society.he just couldn't watch himself ruin another persons' chance of winning.dat boy is playing safe and fair.he doesn't gossip and has never conspired against or behind any of d housemates.u call dat stunt but I call it duty and being responsiible.he just gave Africa a chance to judge him.an obsessed housemate wld ve swapped and save hmself but he didn't cos he's got conscience boss.not everybody has it .ask ur leaders nd urself boss.if d guy gets evicted den so be it.we can only ve one winner,dat doesn't make d 27 evicted housemates losers.good night boss but once again baba wot u witnessed earlier was no stunt or gimmick. #playfair#

You said what melvin did was no stunt then you went further to say that he just gambled with $300k. So to you, gambling with $300k isn't a stunt? And remember we are talking US dollars here not ZIM dollars. (Apologies to zimbos on here)

My issue is, he has already swapped two times in the past so why is he forming holy holy now? Then assume he becomes HOH like 2 more times in the future, is this how he will keep misbehaving? Won't africa be pissed and be like 'Melv, you know what, fork you!' ThIs is a forking game and like with all games its got its forking rules. If he can't handle the pressure, why can't he excuse himself from the HOH task?

The only point I agree with you on is that he has played fair thus far
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by shrimati(m): 7:36am On Jul 09, 2013
safarigirl:
Even Nigeria's 1 vote on a percentage would have saved him last week. And Namibia wasn't up too. Do u think they'll choose bimp over melvin?
Bimps is not for eviction you know, Melvin could have swapped him but he didn't. For this week I think he can get Ethiopia all other things being equal. Though Annabel who is from East Africa is also up for eviction.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by misssparkle(f): 7:41am On Jul 09, 2013
I don't support melvin's decision atall..of course he's a "hero" evri1's gonna be talking bout him bla bla bla.. But this is not d time to pull such stunt, he has 2 more months in d game.
The house mates especially annabel, pokelloo,bimp,nanddo,feza will feel threatened cuz now they know his strategy is to be d Mr nice guy and its kinda working..
Just expect beverly and melvin(especially beverly) to be on d chopping board everi week.

As for dat beverly, let her be der falling 4 angelo, people r playing d game she dey dere.. I hope dis melvins decision opens her eyes! Una morning o!

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by SamConquer(m): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2013
.This Thread is on a verge of establishing a Record as the Thread with the Most Number of pages...It has surpass that of Unibadan Thread#Team Record Makers#
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by soloqy: 7:46am On Jul 09, 2013
ItsModella:
I pray so too.

@soloqy, reply my mail.

I saw "You have 1 new Nairaland PM. Please check your e-mail account now" but I checked and its not there. Abeg no vex. Please could you resend now am watching over my email for it...
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by IyawoTM(f): 8:12am On Jul 09, 2013
geez prince: we hear you sir but what Melvin did was no stunt boss,he just gambled 300k usd cos he couldn't risk swapping somebody else after what he did to hakkem of cos he didn't knw hakkem was gonn leave .Melvin to me didn't pull any stunt,call him soft,girlish,but a good leader will always serve to lead and if Africa decides to kick him out so be it.Melvin is one of d few good guys in our society.he just couldn't watch himself ruin another persons' chance of winning.dat boy is playing safe and fair.he doesn't gossip and has never conspired against or behind any of d housemates.u call dat stunt but I call it duty and being responsiible.he just gave Africa a chance to judge him.an obsessed housemate wld ve swapped and save hmself but he didn't cos he's got conscience boss.not everybody has it .ask ur leaders nd urself boss.if d guy gets evicted den so be it.we can only ve one winner,dat doesn't make d 27 evicted housemates losers.good night boss but once again baba wot u witnessed earlier was no stunt or gimmick. #playfair#

Whether it's a stunt, or na him good heart, he should not try it again. He should exempt himself from every HOH task, because during HOH tasks he shows every interest in winning or doing his best. I'd rather he be passionately voted for because he is put up for eviction than because he refused to use his HOH powers to save himself.He will be safe but he shouldn't try it again! Everyone comparing him to Karen no sabi anything, Karen's scenerio was sooooooo different, and she had no choice, but I appluad him nevertheless cos it's still sacrificial whether it be stunt or out of the goodness of his heart!

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lighternote: 8:18am On Jul 09, 2013
bionicdude: since una want make i yarn . Unu si awum oye nija kedi ihem na su ana pkoya asusu igbo
typical google translation. fork, mod3lla, all of una, pks do ur home work wella b4 u ruin d whole idea. sentence vague, poorly constructed, error laden, jus lik Google trans

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by herziz07: 8:22am On Jul 09, 2013
O

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by tegax(m): 8:24am On Jul 09, 2013
luvable sam: Guys, dis 'Aggressive Voting' thing got me thinking n i just wonder if u guys av heard or know dat IP addresses are traceable? Dat can tell where people are voting from?. Just a tot anyway.

so wrong. What if i'm Nigerian and reside in Zimbabwe? Does that mean i have to vote Pokello? Guy forget that thing jare. You were told to vote your favorite housemate, not housemate of your country of residence.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by dominique(f): 8:29am On Jul 09, 2013
@fork addict and lalosky lemme just chip in one or two things about Melvin and his action last nyt. Melvin as I see him is quite sensitive and compassionate fellow (not really for this type of game). The two times he had swapped anyone, you would just see the regret and torture written all over him. Last night, he had the opportunity to put up Nando but he knew he would prolly not be able to handle the guilt of his eviction or face him if he was saved. Melvin is just naturally good natured and not so strong minded. If it was an act, we would have seen through him by now. though he might not have the liver to play this type of game, most definately not the most interesting character. I don't think we should be so hard on him. Yes, I was annoyed at what he did last night, but I'm over it and now voting for him. Your pikin no fit vex you sotay, you go drive am comot house com invite another man's pikin grin.

Guys, as we drop votes for our boy. Let's remember to drop one or two for our Ghanaian cousin along the line. Let her have enough individual votes to send Natasha packing.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by tremzy07(f): 8:33am On Jul 09, 2013
fork adict: @Rusello & @itsmodella. Please restrict the circulation of the voting blueprint only to posters you are very very sure are nigerians and are also driven by the BB passion. I need not emphasize what will happen should it by mistake or otherwise get into alien hands.

Now to the stunt that clown Melvin pulled on africa this evening. First of, dude needs to realise that positions of authority come with certain responsibilities and in an ideal society, failure to meet them should attract serious consequencies. He knew he would be faced with the save and replace decision the moment he was announced HOH and he very well knew the consequencies of not making that decision and he chose to face the consequence which is possible eviction. Possible reasons he chose to tow this path may be 'his good heart' which stipulates his reluctance to be anyones stumbling block in the chase for the ultimate prize, another reason may be his desire to test his popularity in africa.

I am more inclined to believe he just wants to test his popularity cos he has been HOH twice and he made the save and replace decision on both occassions. So why did he fail to make the decision a third time? Dude is trying to pull a fast one on africa by this act cos if it wasn't so, he could have declined the HOH position on the grounds that he wanted to give other housemates a chance since he has been HOH twice if indeed he had the much talked about good heArt. This is where his case differs from Karens. Karen pulled the same stunt when she was HOH for the first time. Compare that with someone who just developed a golden heart on his third reign as HOH? Please

Do I feel Melvin is playing on my intelligence with this annoying decision of his? Absolutely. Do I feel that for that reason, he deserves to be evicted? Hell no. Cos one, its too early for a naija boy to be evicted. Forget wetin happen for Big Bro stargame. Two, just to prove a point to those housemates that are still in doubt of the existense and awesomeness of the naija power that naija power power is real and very much exists as far as Big Bro is concerned. So for this reason, I say to my naija peeps, VOTE MELVIN

I agree with the fact that Melvin is no bleeing soft heart...at least to a certain extent...i believe this was a way for him to test his strength a point to HMs...but maybe we are overthinking this so called Melvin strategy jare! He may just not have had the balls to do what needed to be done...

Either way, our boy must not only be safe but he must have the highest number of votes...cant remember when i felt this passionate about a big brother HM. #Team Melvin all the way cheesy

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by SAGirl: 8:34am On Jul 09, 2013
This is going to be an interesting week... the Naija vs. Zim rigging war has just begun. Me gonna sit back, get some pop-corn and enjoy watching this ish grin grin grin

#Newest member of TeamBev#

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by cynt22(f): 8:37am On Jul 09, 2013
IP address is 4 system and location identification so if u r truly in zim, wit IP address dey'd knw u voted in Zim. Luvable sam has a point buh I doubt if dey'd go as far as tracing wher d votes came frm
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by feminineA: 8:38am On Jul 09, 2013
@ this particular junction am soliciting for vote for selly. Not very happy with her conduct with nando but I still want her in the game. Let's use vote count to send natasha home so that we can teach oneal its wrong to bite the hands that have fed him before.
As we are voting agggresively for my melvin,
Remember selly please
Thanks
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by geezprince(m): 8:42am On Jul 09, 2013
onthefence:

Quit being hypocritical. The way to win the USD300 is to RUIN other people's chances. Why did he nominate at all?
lolz.boss its high time u realized that wot Melvin did was no stunt.dat boy go even nominate himself if its possible.oya no vote for am because he pull stunt.dere is a huge diffeence between a risk and a stunt boss....if u feel say na stunt no vote for am or u fit go vote and stop complaining here joor.team Melvin4life#

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 09, 2013
@FORK ADDICT!! I JUST SENT U A MAIL!!! PLS REPLY ASAP!!!! THANKS!!!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Mavor: 9:01am On Jul 09, 2013
SAGirl: This is going to be an interesting week... the Naija vs. Zim rigging war has just begun. Me gonna sit back, get some pop-corn and enjoy watching this ish grin grin grin

#Newest member of TeamBev#
Lol. We dont need to rig. We're gonna show Pokello how we West African "muthafu<kers" tear $hit up.

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by geezprince(m): 9:08am On Jul 09, 2013
dominique: @fork addict and lalosky lemme just chip in one or two things about Melvin and his action last nyt. Melvin as I see him is quite sensitive and compassionate fellow (not really for this type of game). The two times he had swapped anyone, you would just see the regret and torture written all over him. Last night, he had the opportunity to put up Nando but he knew he would prolly not be able to handle the guilt of his eviction or face him if he was saved. Melvin is just naturally good natured and not so strong minded. If it was an act, we would have seen through him by now. though he might not have the liver to play this type of game, most definately not the most interesting character. I don't think we should be so hard on him. Yes, I was annoyed at what he did last night, but I'm over it and now voting for him. Your pikin no fit vex you sotay, you go drive am comot house com invite another man's pikin grin.

Guys, as we drop votes for our boy. Let's remember to drop one or two for our Ghanaian cousin along the line. Let her have enough individual votes to send Natasha packing.
GBAM!well said
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 9:18am On Jul 09, 2013
Guys oooh! Intel reaching me says Team Daffy Duck is planning to forcefully collect the Angus and SeLena votes ooo!

Abeg, make we no dull at all! We need our West African sister to fully stand behind us.

You know what to do wink
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 9:19am On Jul 09, 2013
And my people, even Obodo Nando is fair game.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by tsquaure(f): 9:22am On Jul 09, 2013
I like dis Dominique chic . what she said make sense die . No matter what Melvin has done . He is our own n we can't turn our backs on him now . Moreover I have dis strong conviction Bev may self destruct. Guys let operation save melvin go on torpedo speed. @ aall we will make 500 pages at dis rate before thurs

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by melvinbba: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2013
a namibian uploded dis on facebook....yle u guys are here dissn ur own

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by otumfour(m): 9:28am On Jul 09, 2013
fork adict:

You said what melvin did was no stunt then you went further to say that he just gambled with $300k. So to you, gambling with $300k isn't a stunt? And remember we are talking US dollars here not ZIM dollars. (Apologies to zimbos on here)

My issue is, he has already swapped two times in the past so why is he forming holy holy now? Then assume he becomes HOH like 2 more times in the future, is this how he will keep misbehaving? Won't africa be pissed and be like 'Melv, you know what, fork you!' ThIs is a forking game and like with all games its got its forking rules. If he can't handle the pressure, why can't he excuse himself from the HOH task?

The only point I agree with you on is that he has played fair thus far

grin grin grin grin grin grin @ bolded
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by otumfour(m): 9:30am On Jul 09, 2013
spade: Guys oooh! Intel reaching me says Team Daffy Duck is planning to forcefully collect the Angus and SeLena votes ooo!

Abeg, make we no dull at all! We need our West African sister to fully stand behind us.

You know what to do wink

Selena Wirriams tht is grin grin grin grin

coded shytt, i luv tht.....#teammelvin grin grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by mystikal(m): 9:38am On Jul 09, 2013
fork adict n co. need the code thing too. might as well join in.

do ur vetting too, mfana ibaga
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 9:47am On Jul 09, 2013
Guys we need to divide EA, UG is up for grabs as far as I'm concerned...they're passive voters, if UG don't vote based on alliance we could be on the verge of splitting em...

SA is divided between Melvin, Cleo and Poke...but I believe we can snatch them with just a little effort

SAGirl stop eating that popcorn and vote for your Makoti's bro jare
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 9:55am On Jul 09, 2013
kosky: If to say na person like Pokello or Natasha pull this Melvin stunt, Big Brother page for carry huge sign: POKELLO/NATASHA MAKES THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE! And then, they'll put up a picture of them looking up to heaven and trying to behold the lamb on God.

as if you know bros...make I show una wetin dem put for news just to know how much these BBA peeps hate Melvin

Na the second one wey make me laugh pass, Dillish and Bassey ke? Even when Mel and Maria had a thing, BBA admin didn't think it important enough to post...see the bullshayt they're shoving down people's throats

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 09, 2013
@y'all

Look guys, I'm not a pessimist. I am guy that was extremely pissed on hearing melvin's stupidity or stunt(choose which name suits ya). I'm just a guy looking out for his fellow naija guy. All those words I said are birthed from extreme sadness cos melvin is taking this good guy thing too serious. Fork addict and two more posters have stated my point of view. I know karen might have won with it but I think africa will not fall for this stunt cos this season's BBA is the MOST DIRTIEST AND MOST TRIBALISTIC/"COUNTRYLISTIC".

@itsmodella, SOM and co, I don't hate melvin. Heck I think he will make it far than beverly. If he should be on the chopping block with beverly, nigerians will keep melvin safe cos everybody likes him. Y'all needed to see how my friends on chats wanted to eat me raw for abusing melvin. So no, I don't hate him, just tryna pass across a message to tell y'all that africans will call his motives a stunt no matter how true his intents are. He should man up and play the game than copying karen. It worked the first is not a guarantee that it will work the second time

Wish melvin the best but if there's anyway anyone can sneak a message across to him, tell him that if he ever pull the good samaritan stunt when the competition gets too tough(towards the ending), I'll send obatala after him and ban him from entering naija grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (2727) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.