Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,898 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead (2713 Views)

NADECO Tells Amaechi, Kwankwaso To Return ‘stolen Mandate’. / Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) / Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by TopBooty(f): 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2008
NADECO Chieftain, Abraham Adesanya is Dead

NADECO Chieftain, Abraham Adesanya is Dead
Chief Abraham Adesanya, the vibrant leader of the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) and a prominent leader Yoruba socio-political organization, Afenifere is dead.

He died in his Lagos home shortly after breakfast on Sunday at the age of 85.
Pa Abraham Adesanya was born on July 24, 1922 in Ijebu-Igbo,Ogun State in Nigeria’s Southwest region.

http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=588
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by TopBooty(f): 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2008
RIP daddy.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by lucabrasi(m): 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2008
may his soul rest in peace,he realli did try to make the yorubas speak with one voice and he suceeded,the whole problem started when he got too sick to co ordinate
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by TopBooty(f): 10:29pm On Apr 27, 2008
may his soul rest in peace,he realli did try to make the yorubas speak with one voice and he suceeded,the whole problem started when he got too sick to co ordinate
True, except for the greedy likes of Arisekola Alao, Adedibu and Some Egba men, it would have remained that way.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by manoy(m): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2008
OMG,Papa is gone!
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by oldie(m): 11:37pm On Apr 27, 2008
The last of the titans
More principled than most of the charlantans parading themselves as politicians today
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by 4Him1(m): 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2008
The mouthpiece of principled democracy amid the psychobabble of pretenders like Anenih.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2008
RIP sad
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by tpia: 4:17am On Apr 28, 2008
may he RIP.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by RichyBlacK(m): 8:35am On Apr 28, 2008
I'm sure he'll be missed by many. MHSRIP!
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by landis(m): 11:56am On Apr 28, 2008
Another sad day in Nigeria for those who deeply knows what makes a nation!

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by lucabrasi(m): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2008
the big question is that who fills the massive shoes he has left behind, who will be the bonafide and morally upright yoruba leader
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by TopBooty(f): 6:18pm On Apr 28, 2008
the big question is that who fills the massive shoes he has left behind, who will be the bonafide and morally upright yoruba leader

Tinubu.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by bawomolo(m): 6:21pm On Apr 28, 2008
why do people need a leader?? an ethnic leader at that. do jews have one
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by oldie(m): 6:35pm On Apr 28, 2008
lucabrasi:

We should all move away from this sheep-sherperd mentallity
Nigeria does not need this type of setup anymore. I think it is archaic and dated
What we need is good governance

@TopBooty
Tinubu upright?
Please get real
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by spora1: 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2008
May his soul RIP.

Adieu papa cry You have run a good race!
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by TopBooty(f): 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2008
@TopBooty
Tinubu upright?
Please get real

Whats wrong with Bola?
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by TayoD1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2008
@topic,

This is good news. We finally hear the report of a prominent Politician dying in Nigeria at a full and ripe old age without any assassination complicity. May such trend continue o.

Thank God for his life.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by TopBooty(f): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2008
@
topic,

This is good news. We finally hear the report of a prominent Politician dying in Nigeria at a full and ripe old age without any assassination complicity. May such trend continue o.

Thank God for his life.

Hmmmm
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Tonim(f): 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2008

@TopBooty
Tinubu upright?
Please get real

What is wrong with Tinubu ? He did a lot for Lagos and would've done better but for OBJ playing PDP politics.

If Tinubu was really corrupt as alleged by some, he would've been the first to be arrested by the EFCC right after

May 29th, 2007.

@OP

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by lucabrasi(m): 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2008
oldie:

We should all move away from this sheep-sherperd mentallity
Nigeria does not need this type of setup anymore. I think it is archaic and dated
What we need is good governance

@TopBooty
Tinubu upright?
Please get real

who says having a leader is archaic and outdated/thats your personal opinion,nigeria is a complex country of many diffrent intelligent and diverse ethnic groups and there has to be leaders for these major ethich groups so situations do not degenerate into a meltdown,if you have been following the political situation since pa adesanya stopped functioning,you ll have seen the assasinations,the in fightings even between same parties, all the major ethnic groups have leaders and even western democracies including the likes of iran/iraq e.t.c

tinubu might not be in the league of awolowo,the late pa adesanya,bola ige and co but of the yoruba leaders right now,he is the most dynamic and has more leadership qualities,and is doing more than anyone to marshall the yoruba strenght together to some semblance of unity similar to what it was like during the ad times, the ac have good cases in their tribunials against the various sitting governors and if they win these cases then the southwest is as good as being under one leadership which was  mainly tinubu's doing , show me a single individual that has achieved that,dont forget only him and atiku pushed ac to be the main opposittion party in the space of less than3 years
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2008
lucabrasi:

who says having a leader is archaic and outdated/thats your personal opinion,nigeria is a complex country of many diffrent intelligent and diverse ethnic groups and there has to be leaders for these major ethich groups so situations do not degenerate into a meltdown,if you have been following the political situation since pa adesanya stopped functioning,you ll have seen the assasinations,the in fightings even between same parties, all the major ethnic groups have leaders and even western democracies including the likes of iran/iraq [/b]e.t.c

[b]tinubu might not be in the league of awolowo,the late pa adesanya,bola ige and co but of the yoruba leaders right now
,he is the most dynamic and has more leadership qualities,and is doing more than anyone to marshall the yoruba strenght together to some semblance of unity similar to what it was like during the ad times, the ac have good cases in their tribunials against the various sitting governors and if they win these cases then the southwest is as good as being under one leadership which was mainly tinubu's doing , show me a single individual that has achieved that,don't forget only him and atiku pushed ac to be the main opposittion party in the space of less than3 years

Mind giving us examples of the western democracies with such demi gods, or do you mean iraq and iran?

Are you serious about Tinubu? I'm beginning to feel that you are denying the likes of Adedibu and George their hard earned privilege because they control more Yoruba people than Tinubu. They are also not more or less corrupt than Tinubu.

Soon somebody will wake up one morning in the east and declare Orji Kalu the leader of the Igbo nation.

Tribal leader, traditional ruler, HRH, HRM my foot.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Tonim(f): 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2008

Mind giving us examples of the western democracies with such demi gods, or do you mean iraq and iran?

Are you serious about Tinubu? I'm beginning to feel that you are denying the likes of Adedibu and George their hard earned privilege because they control more Yoruba people than Tinubu. They are also not more or less corrupt than Tinubu.

Could you please substantiate your claim ? What evidence do you have that Tinubu is corrupt ?

No one should dare put adedibu and george in the same league as tinubu, abeg.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by lucabrasi(m): 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2008
nuzo:

Soon somebody will wake up one morning in the east and declare Orji Kalu the leader of the Igbo nation.

Tribal leader, traditional ruler, HRH, HRM my foot.

well then bearing in mind that most western democracies and citizens are broken down along the race and ideology,religious line rather than ethnicities, what is martin luther king,jesse jackson,loise farakkhan and in the uk i dont know their names but the asians have their leaders,most of the nigerians are represented by the major pentecostal leaders like the rccg,kicc,new wine e.t.c and they have audiences regularly with the mayor and the prime minister where political discussions affecting africans/nigerians are discussed with them i am 100% sure of kicc cause i know him personally,
i wouldnt call a yoruba elder,ibo or hausa demi GODS as they are not regarded as such ,adedibu is not a yoruba elder neither is george they are leaders in charge of thugs who happen to be yoruba,they were used for a purpose and have been more or less dumped so its an insult to call them yoruba leaders,if u check the demographics adedibu onli controls yorubas in ibadan not even in oyo state and the nurtw who use intimidation and violence to install people most people in ibadan dont even come out to vote so they just ascribe numbers and the electoral officers are too scared to do other wise.

where is the evidence that tinubu is corrupt,apart from what obanikoro alledges which is a statement coming from a sore loser
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2008
Tonim:

Could you please substantiate your claim ? What evidence do you have that Tinubu is corrupt ?

No one should dare put adedibu and george in the same league as tinubu, abeg.

EFCC and ICPC have some reports about him on corrupt practices and investigations are still going on even though it is quiet difficult as his boy Fashola is in Alausa.

OMG. . . Tinubu is now a saint?
Where and when did you get that right to choose which league people should belong to?
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Tonim(f): 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2008
nuzo:

EFCC and ICPC have some reports about him on corrupt practices and investigations are still going on

I'm not sure if you keep up with Nigerian politics, because if you knew the kind of feud that went on between OBJ and Tinubu, you'll
know that the EFCC would have gone after him the minute he stepped out of office from alausa if indeed they had anything on
him.

nuzo:

even though it is quiet difficult as his boy Fashola is in Alausa.

Why wasn't it difficult for the EFCC to go after the other governors that left their "boys" behind as governors, but now it's
difficult to go after Tinubu undecided

The EFCC and ICPC don't have anything on him ! All that nonsense you heard was OBJ and his cohorts using them
to yarn rubbish.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 29, 2008
Tonim:

I'm not sure if you keep up with Nigerian politics, because if you knew the kind of feud that went on between OBJ and Tinubu, you'll
know that the EFCC would have gone after him the minute he stepped out of office from alausa if indeed they had anything on
him.

Why wasn't it difficult for the EFCC to go after the other governors that left their "boys" behind as governors, but now it's
difficult to go after Tinubu undecided

The EFCC and ICPC don't have anything on him ! All that nonsense you heard was OBJ and his cohorts using them
to yarn rubbish.

The feud between Orji Kalu and OBJ was even more intense than that of Tinubu. Was it not the same Kalu and his mum that looted Abia dry? Is Kalu not a free man today?
Ofcourse having your surrogate replace you in office makes any form of investigation difficult for the security agents.
We also know that Yaradua is not ready to probe ex-governors or fight corruption.

Just like Chimaroke worked for Enugu, Tinubu worked for Lagos, but it will be so laughable to defend Tinubu when it comes to corruption.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Tonim(f): 7:13am On Apr 29, 2008
nuzo:

The feud between Orji Kalu and OBJ was even more intense than that of Tinubu. Was it not the same Kalu and his mum that looted Abia dry? Is Kalu not a free man today?

Who told you Kalu is a free man today ? Kalu is facing trial for corruption and is on bail pending his day in court. The man was just in court the
other day pleading for a judge to release his passport so he can travel abroad. Please get your story straight.

nuzo:

Ofcourse having your surrogate replace you in office makes any form of investigation difficult for the security agents.
We also know that Yaradua is not ready to probe ex-governors or fight corruption.

Just like Chimaroke worked for Enugu, Tinubu worked for Lagos, but it will be so laughable to defend Tinubu when it comes to corruption.

Again, Kalu, Ibori, Chimaroke and a host of others left surrogates in office and it has not stopped the EFCC from pursuing them. They are
all facing trial for corruption. The fact that they left their boys as governors has not impeded the EFCC's effort to charge them to
court.

Again, the EFCC didn't go after Tinubu because they have absolutely nothing on him.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 29, 2008
Tonim:

Who told you Kalu is a free man today ? Kalu is facing trial for corruption and is on bail pending his day in court. The man was just in court the
other day pleading for a judge to release his passport so he can travel abroad. Please get your story straight.

As far the Nigerian government of the day is concerned, Kalu is a free man. OBJ, IBB, Atiku, Abdulsalam are assumed to have committed more atrocities while in office than Kalu, but they have not been charged to court. The presidency even made it clear earlier that Obj wont be investigated not to talk of being charged to court. In Nigeria, there are some people you cant touch for now; Tinubu seems to be one of them.

Tonim:

Again, Kalu, Ibori, Chimaroke and a host of others left surrogates in office and it has not stopped the EFCC from pursuing them. They are
all facing trial for corruption. The fact that they left their boys as governors has not impeded the EFCC's effort to charge them to
court.

I now can see that you are either misinformed or sentimental about Tinubu's shortcomings.
How many of these surrogates have made open how their states were ran by their predecesors? How many of them have revealed how much their state is indebted to? Except for Osumbor who fell out with his oga; Igbenedion.
The EFCC is as weak as my grandpas in the grave and the court drama is to keep the polity look like Yaradua is working.
Ever wondered why the likes of corrupt and convicted Ibori was and is still having more say in Aso rock than your so called saint Tinubu.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Tonim(f): 9:08am On Apr 29, 2008
nuzo:

As far the Nigerian government of the day is concerned, Kalu is a free man.

He is a free man indeed. A man has been charged to court for corruption, was held for a long while by the
EFCC until he was granted bail by a judge, and recently went to court pleading for a judge to release
his passport so he can travel abroad, yet you say he is a free man. undecided

nuzo:

I now can see that you are either misinformed or sentimental about Tinubu's shortcomings.

Up till now, you are yet to state any of these shortcomings. You can't back your claims with facts.

nuzo:

How many of these surrogates have made open how their states were ran by their predecesors? How many of them have revealed how much their state is indebted to? Except for Osumbor who fell out with his oga; Igbenedion.

I have asked you this same question several times and you keep evading it - former governors chimaroke, kalu, ibori and a host
of others left surrogates behind, yet, the EFCC was able to charge them to court.

If the EFCC really needed the help of incumbent "surrogate" governors as you are claiming, how was it able to file charges against ibori,
kalu, saminu turaki, chimaroke and others ?

nuzo:

The EFCC is as weak as my grandpas in the grave and the court drama is to keep the polity look like Yaradua is working.
Ever wondered why the likes of corrupt and convicted[b] Ibori was and is still having more say in Aso rock[/b] than your so called saint Tinubu.

Are you ignorant of the fact that Ibori too is under trial for corruption ? What is this say in Aso rock that you are talking about ?

If you have any evidence of Tinubu being corrupt, please state it or forever hold your piece. Stop making unsubstantiated claims.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 29, 2008
Tonim:

He is a free man indeed. A man has been charged to court for corruption, was held for a long while by the
EFCC until he was granted bail by a judge, and recently went to court pleading for a judge to release
his passport so he can travel abroad, yet you say he is a free man. undecided

This is Nigeria and we all know how the state is ran, we know whats going on; lots of drama.
Don't be deceived by the court stuff. If its has been working, i bet most of the crooks could have been convicted by now. Whether the FG chose some people like Kalu to act out the script and left out Tinubu and IBB to watch, it's still the same. They are all free men for now. They will never be sentenced in this administration.

Tonim:

Up till now, you are yet to state any of these shortcomings. You can't back your claims with facts.

Find out from the EFCC privately since they have refused to make it public or persuade Fashola to make the events of the past administration public. But i bet you will be disappointed cos the FG, AGF, EFCC and Fashola will not reveal anything to you in the next 4 to 8 years.

Tonim:

I have asked you this same question several times and you keep evading it - former governors chimaroke, kalu, ibori and a host
of others left surrogates behind, yet, the EFCC was able to charge them to court.

You should have asked yourself why the EFCC keeps filing fresh charges on these guys everyday. Its as a result of inconclusive investigation meared by their surrogates. More revelatins everyday after some state government officials are force to visit the EFCC.

Tonim:

Are you ignorant of the fact that Ibori too is under trial for corruption ? What is this say in Aso rock that you are talking about ?

I'm aware that Ibori is on trial today (though a drama) because of the public outcry for his notoriety in and outside Nigeria, not because he looted more than OBJ and IBB or because he was so dumb to steal from the state coffers directly like Yerima of Zamfara.

Tonim:

Soon you will tell me to prove how he influenced the appointment of Okiro and removal of Ribadu as EFCC boss right from prison. How he holds secret meeting with Yaradua every now and then, how he uses the AGF to dictate how the law should be interpreted.

Tonim:

If you have any evidence of Tinubu being corrupt, please state it or forever hold your piece. Stop making unsubstantiated claims.

Yes god madam, i just realized that this is Nigeria where people can even go to the extent of killing somebody if he tries to reveal some truth.
Danm it. . . . . .this freedom of speech has escaped again. I will be back when i find her. grin
Darling!!! where you run go? Come back cos i will be killed or sent to jail if these gods find out that you don't really exist in Nigeria. cry
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by otokx(m): 2:15pm On Apr 29, 2008
what did tinubu do?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omisore Sues The Punch For #1bn ! / edit / The Best Way To Stop Boko Haram Insurgence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.