Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,941 members, 7,952,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead (2773 Views)

NADECO Tells Amaechi, Kwankwaso To Return ‘stolen Mandate’. / Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) / Abiola’s Family, Nadeco, Others Hail Court Judgment On Al-mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by lucabrasi(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2008
he co ordinated ac to capture the south west states,in the face of obj opposition,he was there in the trenches fighting for democracy during the abacha years and he has shown leadership qualities having said that the only thing i think disqualifies tinubu from being the yoruba leader is age and also because the nadeco hierachy follows that when a leader dies,his deputy is made the leade,with the death of pa adesanya the next person in line is the man pa fasoranti he has the hierachy on his side,age,and non partisan since he is not swayed towards a particular party
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Tonim(f): 3:25pm On Apr 29, 2008
nuzo:

This is Nigeria and we all know how the state is ran, we know whats going on; lots of drama.
Don't be deceived by the court stuff.

Nuzo, this is your opinion. You are just speculating.

nuzo:

If its has been working, i bet most of the crooks could have been convicted by now. Whether the FG chose some people like Kalu to act out the script and left out Tinubu and IBB to watch, it's still the same. They are all free men for now. They will never be sentenced in this administration.

Again, they are not free men. Someone free on bail is not free. As to whether this administration will see to it that they get sentenced, we just have to
wait and see. Again, All you are doing at this point is speculating.

nuzo:

Find out from the EFCC privately since they have refused to make it public or persuade Fashola to make the events of the past administration public. But i bet you will be disappointed because the FG, AGF, EFCC and Fashola will not reveal anything to you in the next 4 to 8 years.

The burden of proof lies with you. You call Tinubu a crook, I asked you for proof, you have none whatsoever. The EFCC does not need Fashola to
prosecute Tinubu if they have anything on him. They did not need any of the incumbent governor's help to file charges against the former governors.

- Uduaghan did not help the EFCC in bringing charges against Ibori
- Theodore Orji did not help the EFCC in bringing charges against Kalu
- Sullivan Chime did not help the EFCC in bringing charges against Chimaroke
- Segun Oni did not help the EFCC in bringing charges against Ayo Fayose

So, what the heckk does Fashola have to do with the EFCC bringing charges to Tinubu if is a crook as you are saying ?

Rather than back up your claim that Tinubu is corrupt, all you are doing is making noise summing up to nothing.

nuzo:

You should have asked yourself why the EFCC keeps filing fresh charges on these guys everyday
. Its as a result of inconclusive investigation meared by their surrogates. More revelatins everyday after some state government officials are force to visit the EFCC.

The bottom line is that the EFCC is filing charges against them. That's all that really matters.

nuzo:

[b]I'm aware that Ibori is on trial today (though a drama) because of the public outcry for his notoriety in and outside Nigeria, not because he looted more than OBJ and IBB [/b]or because he was so dumb to steal from the state coffers directly like Yerima of Zamfara.

The bottom line is that he is on trial. So, lets wait and see how things turn out out at his trial.

nuzo:

Soon you will tell me to prove how he influenced the appointment of Okiro and removal of Ribadu as EFCC boss right from prison. How he holds secret meeting with Yaradua every now and then, how he uses the AGF to dictate how the law should be interpreted.

Nuzo, could you please furnish me with your evidence that Tinubu is corrupt and quit beating about the bush ? Thank you.

nuzo:

Yes god madam, i just realized that this is Nigeria where people can even go to the extent of killing somebody if he tries to reveal some truth.
Danm it. . . . . .this freedom of speech has escaped again. I will be back when i find her. grin
Darling!!! where you run go? Come back because i will be killed or sent to jail if these gods find out that you don't really exist in Nigeria. cry

I don't even know how to respond to this. Please stick to the issue, no need to trivialize this. Thanks.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by 1luvkipsus: 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2008
And when will the 'Evil Genius' die?
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by lucabrasi(m): 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2008
1luvkipsus:

And when will the 'Evil Genius' die?

wow u harsh o lol,dont worri politically obasanjo has killed him, he is just writhing in the throes of death at the mo
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Akolawole(m): 5:33pm On Apr 29, 2008
There are 2 sides to a coin.

His goodies includes:

1) His exemplary performance in the senate in the second republic even though he is from minority party.

2) The good job he did in Nadeco. The escape of bullets of Segent Rogers where Baba declared that " No human being can kill him because my late Dad is a strong Juju man".

3) His staunch opposition to OBJ for the whole 8 years despite his Daughter's minesterial job in the regime.

I will like to forget his negatives most expecially the Drovans hotel wahala with Chief Bola Ige. And the Ijebu 4 mafia cry

Adieu Papa.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 29, 2008
The simple reason why Tinubu has not been arrested by EFCC is the same reason the likes of IBB, OBJ, Anenih and co have not been arrested or talked about by EFCC.
There is no need for people to develop headache over an adult's shortcomings.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by oldie(m): 6:40pm On Apr 29, 2008
lucabrasi:

he co ordinated ac to capture the south west states,in the face of obj opposition,he was there in the trenches fighting for democracy during the abacha years and he has shown leadership qualities having said that the only thing i think disqualifies tinubu from being the yoruba leader is age and also because the nadeco hierachy follows that when a leader dies,his deputy is made the leade,with the death of pa adesanya the next person in line is the man pa fasoranti he has the hierachy on his side,age,and non partisan since he is not swayed towards a particular party

Please get your facts right!
1. AC controls only Lagos
2. NADECO no longer exists
3. Tinubu is not among the 12th eleven in Afenifere hierarchy

You guys should stop promoting mediocrity and opportunists
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by lucabrasi(m): 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2008
oldie:

Please get your facts right!
1. AC controls only Lagos
2. NADECO no longer exists
3. Tinubu is not among the 12th eleven in Afenifere hierarchy

You guys should stop promoting mediocrity and opportunists

wot r u on about,ac controls only lagos yes but how r bout the clear cut verdict in edo state,the aspirants in ekiti state and osun state all have good cases,the point is that he stoood toe to toe with a party like pdp and still achieved that much considering atiku was not even around,also ac is the only vibrant opposition.
either nadeco exists or not is not the point but he was a product of nadeco amongst other politicians,and btw where did i mention nadeco in that quote??
u should read quotes before you respond to them dude because if you read what i wrote i said pa fasoranti was the deputy to abraham adesanya and in the order of hierachy he is the next leader,so where s the promotion there ?at least he gave lagosians fashola who is doing an awesome job in lagos state
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by 4Play(m): 5:53pm On May 01, 2008
So a tribal demagogue is dead and we are supposed to be particularly saddened?
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Akolawole(m): 1:40am On May 03, 2008
4 Play:

So a tribal demagogue is dead and we are supposed to be particularly saddened?

Haba!

When you are looking for a proper Nigeria, he was one of them.

In spite of him being a Yoruba leader, he was always for Nigeria.

He fought with OBJ from day 1 till end in the interest of Nigerians.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by McOmo(m): 1:58am On May 03, 2008
@Akolawole

so u really believe in this baba Adesanya. . . shocked

the truth of the matter is that AWOISM is dead . . .long buried and forgotten embarassed

how could this old man be fighting OBJ and his daughter Modupe was serving in his Govt . . .who is fooling who ?

as at now, she is still DG of SMEDAN . . , tell me somn I dont know

Adesanya lost the plot a long time ago when he tried to boss it on the more dynamic upcoming leaders like Tinubu et al that Afenifere was all that . . .he wanted to use the Regional tiwantiwa style which the dynamic chaps knew could never work for them do actualize their dreams, that led to a major break-up within the fold . . .THE TRUTH IS . . .ALL MAN FOR HIS POCKET grin

AS PER TINUBU . . .LET ME WATCH WHAT THIS THREAD WOULD TURN TO BEFORE I REACT . . . cool
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Akolawole(m): 9:24am On May 03, 2008
@Dr Kit

Who says Awoism is dead?

Up till tommorow, his name is regularly used for campaign.

Its in the blood, Imagine My Dad voted against his Uncle because he decamped from UPN.

We all know the problem of Afenifere, Ijebu 4, Uncle Bola Ige. The dynamisms of the new breed led by Bola Tinubu.

Dont forget the Drovans Hotel wahala who broke the heritage patapata.

Baba Adesanya is a Nationalist to the very core.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by McOmo(m): 7:03pm On May 03, 2008
yes, he was a Nationalist . . .

but the so called yoruba leaders lost the plot when they allowed OBJ the scam master to prostrate before them for re-election, to which they agreed only for them to be complaining that his 8 years is a waste . . .who lost ?

why did he allow his daughter take the ministerial appointment ? they all dined with the devil, somn Awo wouldnt have done . . .all they are doing is names-dropping Awoism . . .NONSENSE

even Mama HID, I wont call her an Awoist cos of the role she played alongside Ooni during the pre and post Abacha period embarassed SADDDDD !!! cry
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Akolawole(m): 8:19pm On May 03, 2008
@Dr Kit

I am enjoying this.

OOni is a contractor ( I hope Bumper no see this)

I hope we could create a thread on Awoism etc but it will be hijacked by people who dont know who Waziri Ibrahim is let alone Twelve two-third.

Yorubas cannot stop OBJ, only God can stop PDP to win Presidency.

I doff my hat for Tinubu sha. The man na one-man Warrior.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by McOmo(m): 11:59pm On May 03, 2008
@Akola

only a few of us can actually discuss on this wavelenght . . . .so dont get it twisted ! majority of the peeps that yap around here started being current when Abiola made the famous Epetedo declaration , so what gives ? grin

Ooni is a contractor, aand we all know that, HOW COME MAMA HID IS STILL ALIVE ? HIN NEVER SUPPOSE GO DEY COOK FOR PA AWO FOR YONDR ? FOR SOMEONE THAT SAID THIS WOMAN IS MY JEWEL OF INESTIMABLE VALUE . . . . shocked

Ajasin die . . .hin wife follow am not too long after . . .

Ige die, Justice Atinuke hin wifey sef follow . . .

but MAMA HID JUST REMAIN SINCE 21 YEARS NOW. . . . WHICH KAIN LOVE BE DAT NAW ? grin grin

@Akola

who is bumper and how hin own take be with OONI ? na hin pikin ?

abeg tell am say hin papa hands dey soiled . . .ODODO LO MA LEKE IRO cool

u might say u respect Tinubu, yes of course he is the main man but he has a tendency to get it all wrong if he dares prove too meddlesome in the governance of Lagos state, or if he decides to make a claim for leadership in Yoruba land lipsrsealed

THE ORACLE HAS SPOKEN . . . . cool
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by oruwe: 12:22pm On May 04, 2008
As far as I can see, TINUBU is a better material. If he can satisfy Lagosians for years with OBJ & BAYO OJO wicked refusal of obedience of Superme court order of release of LG allocations to the Lagos state and with other diabolical plan of PDP & BODE GEORGE to pull him down without success, I doff my hat for him.EFCC & ICPC could have picked him since he no longer enjoy immunity if they have any concret evidence of corruption against him.He is definitely not a saint butbetter than the rest of them to step into the shoes of Pa ADESANYA.Bad belle apart.Abi the Yorubas want ADEDIBU as their LEADER? Una go hear am.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Akolawole(m): 2:39pm On May 04, 2008
Even if Yourba's leadership is zoned to Ibadan, Chief Adedubu can never be nominated.

That shoe is too big for Tinubu.

Baba Fasoranti or Chief Bisi akande might nick it.

@Dr kit

You are right about HID.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by McOmo(m): 1:21am On May 05, 2008
@Oruwe

no offence intended . . . how old are u ?

how can you be mentioning Tinubu when the likes of Ayo Fasanmi, Reuben Fasoranti, Tunji Otegbeye, Ayo Adebanjo et al are still alive . . . .

Tinubu can not fill that vacuum cos the shoes dont just fit, he plays a discriminatory kind of politics that would not be acceptable to all and sundry . . .WHY DO U THINK ALL ACTION CONGRESS MEMBERS ARE NOT IN ACCORD IN LAGOS ? DEFINITELY BECAUSE OF THE DIVIDE AND RULE HE HAS BEEN ADOPTING !! cool

who is Adedibu in the polity of Yoruba ? in Oyo state ? YES ! but in Yoruba land who reckons with him ? only chop and clean mouth politicians in the South-west pay homage to him cos of the largeness of the Oyo territory . . .NOT COS HE IS WIDELY REGARDED ACROSS BOARD AS A YORUBA LEADER ! cool
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by pahtahkee: 1:27am On May 05, 2008
Of what use is a Yoruba leader? undecided Where has it lead us all the while? undecided
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by bawomolo(m): 1:29am On May 05, 2008
it has no use. rather than moves towards a true federal republic, we are still stuck with ethnic enclaves.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Akolawole(m): 1:40am On May 05, 2008
Mc Omo:

@Oruwe

no offence intended . . . how old are u ?

Good question

bawomolo:

it has no use. rather than moves towards a true federal republic, we are still stuck with ethnic enclaves.

In a country as big as Nigeria,with diverse ethnic groups, religion and languages, we cannot do without ethnic heads hence Afenifere, Arewa and Ohanze et al
pahtahkee:

Of what use is a Yoruba leader? undecided Where has it lead us all the while? undecided

Beside Awo and Pa Ajasin, Pa Adesanya might not do much but we need their voice and direction.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by pahtahkee: 1:51am On May 05, 2008
Pa Adesanya has not given any credible voice of leadership all the while he had the chance to from his Ijebu-igbo quarters. Single-handedly under him, the whole of AD party splitted apart.

Ige could have been a better voice unfortunately he was brought down too early by the powers that be. . . . . . Who else do we have?

NONE! To your tent o Isreal. We have to stop all this partisan politics and face real issues disturbing us.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by bawomolo(m): 3:25am On May 05, 2008
In a country as big as Nigeria,with diverse ethnic groups, religion and languages, we cannot do without ethnic heads hence Afenifere, Arewa and Ohanze et al

no u don't need ethnic heads, you can have ethnic support organizations but ethnic heads have no use if u are trying to create a national identity.

Beside Awo and Pa Ajasin, Pa Adesanya might not do much but we need their voice and direction.

and why do u need their voice and direction?? who is the voice of the jews, who is the voice of asians living in america?? individualism makes more sense than congregating under an ethnic umbrella. people like tinubu and co all have personal agenda's and don't really care about u or me. do for self and stop worry about yoruba, igbo or hausa.
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by McOmo(m): 11:20am On May 05, 2008
@Akola

to hell with all those fake leaders . . . . angry

imagine those agbayas fighting over no-issues after having sold their birth-right to the OTHER SIDE . . . now staking claims to leadership of the Yoruba embarassed

O'odua no go gree dem . . .let us be left alone . . .THE YORUBA NATION DONT NEED TO PLAY TRIBALIST NO MORE . . .
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Akolawole(m): 11:21am On May 05, 2008
@Bawomolo

If i may ask, when did you start having interest in Nigeria's politics?
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by Akolawole(m): 11:24am On May 05, 2008
@Dr kit

Since we joined so-called centre government, what has been our gain?

Where is that development?

I grew up to see a lot of infastructures in Ibadan in the 70's, where are they now?

Not even in Ogun state will you see any development despite joining the yeye mainstream party? cry
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by McOmo(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2008
@AKOLAWOLE

are u talking about the Action Group days when Awo held sway

I need to get u right . . .ARE U SAYING THAT WE SHOULD RETURN YORUBAS TO REGIONAL POLITICS ! undecided

sounds to me more like we are enslaving ourselves grin

who will lead the Yoruba nation ?

AYO ADEBANJO

TINUBU

DANIEL

abeg . . .ALL MAN FOR HIMSELF JARE ! grin
Re: Nadeco Chieftain Adesanya Is Dead by bawomolo(m): 2:17pm On May 05, 2008
Akolawole:

@Bawomolo

If i may ask, when did you start having interest in Nigeria's politics?

not to long ago, and why do u need to know. so you can tell stories about the good ole days of the western regions and the AG??

Akolawole:

@Dr kit

Since we joined so-called centre government, what has been our gain?

Where is that development?

I grew up to see a lot of infastructures in Ibadan in the 70's, where are they now?

Not even in Ogun state will you see any development despite joining the yeye mainstream party? cry

you could fight for more autonomy for state governments, but it seems nigerian states are fine with the allocation system. and weren't yoruba's in the state government while the ibadan infrastructure was degrading didn't the wild wild west and akintola/awolowo dispute happen under the regional government. nigerians need to give up the idea of geo-political zones.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Not Politics, Half Man - Half Tree / Ndiigbo & Biafrans: Time To Properly Honour Our Dead Heroes In Biafra / Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.