Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. (22396 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Slain Boko Haram Militants In A Recent Military Attack / Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by lastpage: 1:18pm On May 27, 2013
RIP to the lost souls.

But their "Oga" in that state needs to tell us why:

1.) He sent 100 FULLY ARMED men to forcefully bring A SINGLE OLD MAN for questioning.

2.) Whether he he was expecting "big trouble", to justify such deployment of "heavy force" ...and if so,

3.) Whether he took the interest of his men to heart before sending them into imminent death!

4.) Whether he was BRIBED by the Governor, to exterminate the "cult group" and whether that was what informed his CARELESSNESS in sending this men to their untimely grave

Finally: WHY DID HE RETIRE IMMEDIATELY? To enjoy his loot?

Until we have answers to these obvious questions, the matter cannot be swept under the carpet.

Lastpage!
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by olapluto(m): 1:22pm On May 27, 2013
lastpage: RIP to the lost souls.

But their "Oga" in that state needs to tell us why:

1.) He sent 100 FULLY ARMED men to forcefully bring A SINGLE OLD MAN for questioning.

2.) Whether he he was expecting "big trouble", to justify such deployment of "heavy force" ...and if so,

3.) Whether he took the interest of his men to hear before sending them into imminent death!

4.) Whether he was BRIBED by the Governor, to exterminate the "cult group" and whetjher that was what informed his CARELESSNESS in sending this men to their untimely grave

Finally: WHY DID HE RETIRE IMMEDIATELY? To enjoy his loot?

Until we have answers to these obvious questions, the matter cannot be swept under the carpet.

Lastpage!
Enough of this nonsense. People have been trying to justify this shocking act of violence against the police. Even if 1000 men were sent to arrest a toddler, does that mean they deserve to be killed? It is rather shocking that the Ombatse have been jumping around giving interviews while no arrest has been made (at least to my knowledge). It is a real shame that Nigerians pitch tents against humanity when they wish.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by AmeLonRo(m): 1:25pm On May 27, 2013
Man's inhumanity to man at its peak due to capitalism and the greed of man to be in power, live in the biggest house and ride the best JEEP. Stop crying please, GOD DEY!!! cry cry cry
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by ckkris: 1:27pm On May 27, 2013
lastpage:
the matter cannot be swept under the carpet.
The blood of these security operatives is crying for justice. And God will answer.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Rooneyboy(m): 1:29pm On May 27, 2013
vizboy: RIP TO THOSE BRAVE SON'S OF OURS

Brave u say

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by pekun2013: 1:31pm On May 27, 2013
If our security operatives can die just like this, this confim to me that we have serious security challenge in this country. Something should be done about it urgently.
I am not surprise to see a state commission with almost ten policemen. The Governor will have like fifty policemen each. You and i are left with nothing. Expecialy in Lagos where policemen are now chasing okada riders where we have serious kinapping cases.
The government should redifine and re-engineer our sericuty system. and this should involve all stakeholders in the security business. So that we can see and witness good and well strutured policemen and SSS like the FBI, CIA, etc.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Rooneyboy(m): 1:34pm On May 27, 2013
ola_pluto:
Enough of this nonsense. People have been trying to justify this shocking act of violence against the police. Even if 1000 men were sent to arrest a toddler, does that mean they deserve to be killed? It is rather shocking that the Ombatse have been jumping around giving interviews while no arrest has been made (at least to my knowledge). It is a real shame that Nigerians pitch tents against humanity when they wish.

u wey get two heads , why don't u go and arrest them

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by ckkris: 1:34pm On May 27, 2013
truly:

So it is 121?
Even if its one precious policeman that was killed, Nigeria should do something, so that it doesn't happen again. Are you in any way justifying the killing of Nigeria's security operatives by uncivilized tribes?
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Rooneyboy(m): 1:36pm On May 27, 2013
Pvt. Parts:
At least their customary black outfits came in handy at the funeral. grin grin grin

grin grin grin

Enough hatred for the naija police .
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by ckkris: 1:40pm On May 27, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Is this one trying to SCARE people from well deserted reprisal? You don't know Nigeria at all. When the Federal might descend you will run to your ancestors, and demand 20 virgins, as you may not be Moslem enough to receive 72.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by MusicCafe: 1:44pm On May 27, 2013
adino: The governor of Nasarawa State al-makura should be held responsible, this is a man who hired Chadians and Nigeriens Fulani murderers to massacre Eggon people. The useless governor sacrificed this SSS men on the alters of politics. The SSS commander and police commissioner that sanctioned this illegal operation must be relieved from their job and prosecuted. Baba Alakio is just the spiritual leader of Ombatse that was formed to protect Eggon people from the fulani murderers. It is widely known that fulani militia's have a base in Nasarawa state, from where they launch their genocide in Plateau and Benue States, but cannot try such nonsense again in Nasarawa because of Baba Alakio and Ombatse. He is a Great Man, no harm must befall him or the fulanis will overrun middle belt and move down South (Starting from South West of course).

As much as I don't like to engage in a war of words with your type, it will be a disservice to objectivity and justice if I didn't comment. I don't know how true your assertion that Gov. Al Makura recruited Fulanis from Chad and Niger to invade Eggon Communities is. I do know when Fulanis have ever discriminated when attacking communities in Nassarawa State. They rob on a daily basis along Lafia-Obi Road, and just recently, a woman was murdered by Fulanis when they robbed a vehicle on that road. In 2008, Corp Member serving in GSS, Adudu was beaten to coma along the same road by Fulani armed robbers. They attack farmers from time to time in Nassarawa state. Alago, Tivs, Migili, Gwandaras and Eggons have always been the butt of these people's gruesome attack.

In recent year, it's on record that the Eggon people have become more militant- On June 2nd, 2012, Assakyo Village was attacked by Eggon militia, Assakyo is an Alago settlement in Lafia East Development Area. Unfortunately for the villager, they were nested in the middle of Eggon village, such that all roads were cordoned off. The town was burnt to ashes and 17 people lost their lives. The people of the town had to move to Lafia en-mass. That Town is yet to be rebuilt. In 2007, there was a clash between the Alagos and Eggons in Assakio. Not long after this, the same group also attacked Agyaragu town inhabited by the Koro (Migili) ethnic group, killing so many people and burning down all structures belonging to the elites of this ethnic group, including the palace of their paramount ruler, a second class chief. This same group also engaged the Fulanis, killing most of them and their cattle – the reprisal attacks from the Fulanis are now history.

They also attacked Kwandare, the home town of the governor, killing and razing houses. Other places affected by the activities of Ombatse group are Rutu, Burum-burum in Doma Local Government, where the village head lost his life in the process, and Kokona Local Government. From April 30, 2012 to May 1, 2012, this group invaded Assakio, a town established by the Alago ethnic group which is part of Lafia Local Government. During that invasion, more than 40 people were reported to have lost their lives, while properties, both residential and business interests, worth millions of naira, went up in flames.

The Eggons have several grievances in Nassarawa State, they are the majority in Nassarawa State, though they have just two local governments; Akwanga Local Government and Nassarawa Eggon Local Government. According to unconfirmed rumour, they wanted more local governments as Alago people who are not as many as them have 3 local governments; Doma, Obi and Keana Local Governments.

Secondly, The Eggons are yet to produce a governor in Nassarawa state since the beginning of the 4th republic; Abdullahi Adamu, the governor of Nassarawa between 1999-2007 is an Ankwei man from Keffi, Aliyu akwe Doma is an Alago man from Doma while Al Makura is Gwandara man from Kwandere.

There are so many things wrong with Nassarawa State, however wanting to pin all the blame on Al Makura is not justifiable.

I

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Rooneyboy(m): 1:47pm On May 27, 2013
Zona.com:
RIP to the poor men who died because of the foolishness of their commanders. What happened was a case of poor intelligence gathering. A man (chief priest of a deity) tells you that you cant arrest him, and you (the police) foolishly sends your men without planing hoping to achieve a good result

The chief priest in my honest opinion was being sincere, and the naija police resorted to force and the use of guns as usual.

I laugh.

The white man doesn't believe in charm/voodoo and my naija brothers chose to reason like the white man, disbelieving the existence or the potency of charms .

I really laugh grin

Atleast , now they know .

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Rooneyboy(m): 1:52pm On May 27, 2013
ckkris: Is this one trying to SCARE people from well deserted reprisal? You don't know Nigeria at all. When the Federal might descend you will run to your ancestors, and demand 20 virgins, as you may not be Moslem enough to receive 72.

what's ur point exactly

Why bring muslim/ islam into this

My point was/is , the way and manner those security officers were killed wasn't ordinary .

Hence getting hold of the chief priest alive shouldn't be ordinary.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Rooneyboy(m): 1:55pm On May 27, 2013
ARES: see their sstupid faces, stupid directors and governor.... u sent these men to their graves... and u are here lighting candles as if u care...
explain to nigerians why more than 100 armed men were needed to arrest one man....
it was an execution order and out of the director's boot licking, he ordered his men to lead the attack.
that is why no enquiry has been set up because lots of question will come up.
rip to our security men.... but these directors do not care an inch for the lives or wellbeing of their feild operatives

1000, 000, 000 likes .

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by madjune(m): 1:59pm On May 27, 2013
If you ask me, I think 100 operatives were not necessary for that operation. Simply send an undercover woman as palm wine seller into that area. I hear the ombatse chief priest drinks a lot.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:39pm On May 27, 2013
why were my posts deleted? who did I insult? biased mods! angry angry angry angry

you will pay for your crimes when Nigeria becomes a Pagan Nation.

LONG LIVE OMBATSE! LONG LIVE CHIEF PRIEST BABAN ALKIO AGU!!!!!!!
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by successking: 2:42pm On May 27, 2013
RIP, the fallen heros. Your death shall be avenged.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:45pm On May 27, 2013
VOTE FOR CHIEF BABA ALKYO AGU 2015 !!!!!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by genosco: 2:50pm On May 27, 2013
the governor and his selfish ambitions to return for second tenure is the root of all this mayhem...why cant they tell us the truth in this country for once?
bcomputer101:

IGP, i beg you in the name of GOD, please tell us the secret behind the story...

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by genosco: 2:58pm On May 27, 2013
dont be very stupid. police never witch u before thats why u are tallking trash..they are extremely wicked and heartless bunch of a**holes. they say police is your friend..mtcheeeew. i'll run towards a venomonious snake when i see police. at least i have a chance running in that direction.
smoothlips:
very very stupid thing to say.
these men stay awake so u can sleep, they fight silent wars so u can come out here and make noise.

3 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by kabba7(m): 3:08pm On May 27, 2013
timpaker: R.I.P to the fallen heros who died serving their country. go well bro.

where they(the dead ) serving Nigeria or Almakura's personal war for politics ?? This was how the Boko Haram thing started ..
Those security guys should begin henceforth to differentiate between the governor and government.
Those guys died of misadventure ,period.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by genosco: 3:13pm On May 27, 2013
my thoughts exactly. the police force and security operatives have completely abandoned what their job should be and faced the innocent citizens they are sworn to protect while they aid and support the main criminals. cause of financial gains. reason the omatse boys came together to protect themselves since those supposed to protect them have failed.
news everywhere cause police were killed, when the fulani herdsmen invade these villages on a regular basis and slaughter scores of the indigenes no body hears nor does anything about it...cause they have orders and protection from the very top.....so sad

pekun2013: If our security operatives can die just like this, this confim to me that we have serious security challenge in this country. Something should be done about it urgently.
I am not surprise to see a state commission with almost ten policemen. The Governor will have like fifty policemen each. You and i are left with nothing. Expecialy in Lagos where policemen are now chasing okada riders where we have serious kinapping cases.
The government should redifine and re-engineer our sericuty system. and this should involve all stakeholders in the security business. So that we can see and witness good and well strutured policemen and SSS like the FBI, CIA, etc.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by AnodaIT(m): 3:23pm On May 27, 2013
ola_pluto:
The inhumanity of the police against unharm , helpless civilian is far more appalling .
When the police learn to 'Serve and Protect with Dignity'. I will sympatize with them.
For now, we need more Ombatse in every community to protect us against police intimidation and armed robbers assualt.

3 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Fasekinaomy: 3:29pm On May 27, 2013
may there souls rest in perft peace
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Ama28(f): 3:41pm On May 27, 2013
RIP our fallen heros! Your soldiers indeed!
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by pretta: 4:24pm On May 27, 2013
R.I.P to the deceased! May their soul rest in peace! Bt it seems those traditionalist used jazz on dem oh
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Jamisco: 4:25pm On May 27, 2013
bcomputer101:

IGP, i beg you in the name of GOD, please tell us the secret behind the story...

WHAT TRANSPIRED WAS THAT MOST OF THE SO CALLED POLICEMEN WERE NOT POLICE, THEY WERE HIRED KILLERS BY ;;;;;;;. THERE WERE ONLY 35 POLICEMEN THAT WERE KILLED, THE REMAINING WERE FULANI AND CO THAT WERE HIRED TO GO AND DESTROY THE VILLAGE AND THE VILLAGERS. YOU MAY UNDERSTAND THAT THE POLICE NEVER EVEN LIST THE NAMES OF THOSE THAT DIED AND THE FIGURES THEY GAVE IS CONFLICTING FIGURES, SOME SAY 31, OTHERS 35, OTHERS 91 WHILE SOME 100 PLUS. BUT LOOK AT THE FIGURES FROM THE SSS, THEY SAID 10 OFFICERS THEY EVEN PUBLICIZE THEIR NAMES IN NEWSPAPERS AND TVS, THAT WHAT THE POLICE WOULD HAVE DONE IF THEY WERE REALLY SAYING THE TRUTH.

THE TRUTH AS STATED ABOVE, YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT, LESS JUST PRAY FOR NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 27, 2013
jerusalem101:

Another Ombatse mole,just like the police that sold out his colleagues.Hope u won't end up killing us here in nairaland oh.
am silent..... I believe in justice period
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by pinkguy(m): 5:47pm On May 27, 2013
respect to men in black'''''.........;;;;;; we all share in this hour of ur pain R.I.P BROTHERS
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by docadams: 7:18pm On May 27, 2013
Jamisco:

WHAT TRANSPIRED WAS THAT MOST OF THE SO CALLED POLICEMEN WERE NOT POLICE, THEY WERE HIRED KILLERS BY ;;;;;;;. THERE WERE ONLY 35 POLICEMEN THAT WERE KILLED, THE REMAINING WERE FULANI AND CO THAT WERE HIRED TO GO AND DESTROY THE VILLAGE AND THE VILLAGERS. YOU MAY UNDERSTAND THAT THE POLICE NEVER EVEN LIST THE NAMES OF THOSE THAT DIED AND THE FIGURES THEY GAVE IS CONFLICTING FIGURES, SOME SAY 31, OTHERS 35, OTHERS 91 WHILE SOME 100 PLUS. BUT LOOK AT THE FIGURES FROM THE SSS, THEY SAID 10 OFFICERS THEY EVEN PUBLICIZE THEIR NAMES IN NEWSPAPERS AND TVS, THAT WHAT THE POLICE WOULD HAVE DONE IF THEY WERE REALLY SAYING THE TRUTH.

THE TRUTH AS STATED ABOVE, YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT, LESS JUST PRAY FOR NIGERIA

Well! Well! Well! As weird as your explanation sounds, it is the only one that made some sense so far. Otherwise, like u rightly said, the police authority should have published the names of the officers they lost.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by InvertedHammer: 8:32pm On May 27, 2013
Rooneyboy:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by InvertedHammer: 8:35pm On May 27, 2013
/
The IG should decree that henceforth any police personnel found extorting from citizens will be
shortlisted on the list of next batch to go arrest Ombatshe.

//

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku's Lawsuit Challenging Tinubu's Attendance Of Chicago University Thrown Out / CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) / Malami Orders EFCC To Probe Rivers Director Over N11bn Withdrawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.