Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang (25014 Views)

Seriake Dickson Blasts Amaechi, Jang, Others For Destroying Governors Forum / Amaechi, Jang Clash Again As NGF Faction Summons Meeting / Amaechi, Jang, Others Attend Jonathan’s Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by searay(m): 9:23pm On May 26, 2013
I think election rigging should be legalise in Nigeria and let best rigger be declared the winner.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by killuminati(m): 9:24pm On May 26, 2013
Mr Jango, Jangogrin

You need a spiritual slap sir

So....16 is now greater than 19 abi?

Inside Jang and Gej, abeg who clueless pass?

1 Like

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by yemmy19(m): 9:24pm On May 26, 2013
iwanchop: Daddy,could you please tell us how you won?
How many governors voted in the elections that brought you in?
My mathematics is very poor,is 16 now greater than 19?
Daddy Jang,please explain to us
Abi Ɲα̲̅ђ
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 26, 2013
grin grin grin Old man Banj abi Jang, respect your old age. grin
I pray the ordinary man on the street, who is consumed with ethnic and religious bigotry, would wake up and see the truth.

We have only accidental leaders, who are visionless and clueless but adept in fostering religious and ethnic divisions, to the deteriment of the masses.

Worse still, the religious leaders have been compromised. They rather keep quite, when the very God they preach about is blasphamed rather incure the wrath of an earthly ruler.

What a shame. Things have really fallen apart and a total collapse is imminient.

3 Likes

automaticcarzz:

Nigerians deserve what they get for allowing this type of people to lead them.

Go and remove him from his seat nah if you can.

You too are among those under oppression.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by vision2050: 9:27pm On May 26, 2013
My God is not Hypocrite
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Omen100(m): 9:30pm On May 26, 2013
Wonderful God. shocked
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by AZeD1(m): 9:33pm On May 26, 2013
Mad Cow: so who won the NGF elections na?
That is the 10 million Naira question on the who wants to be a millionaire show.

1 Like

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Hilaskee(m): 9:34pm On May 26, 2013
COMPARE AND CONTRAST THEIR SPEECHES (JUDGE BY YOURSELF)

Rivers State Governor Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has said he contested and won the Nigeria Governors Forum election held on Friday o Friday in Abuja.
Amaechi spoke on Sunday at an Interdenominati onal Church Service at Corpus Christi Cathedral in Port Harcourt to mark this year’s children’s day celebration which also coincided with his (Amaechi) 48th birthday. According to him “let me say to you, I am the Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum. That we are not talking it’s because we have decided not to talk. They voted, we voted and we won. If they had won, I would have congratulated them”.
Governor Amaechi also assured children of the state of his administration’ s desire to provide good governance and quality education. He also said government was on track to provide adequate security all over the state.

brixton: Jonah Jang says God helped him “defeat” Amaechi

The governor of Plateau State, Jonah Jang, has described his “victory” over Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, whom he claims to have defeated to become the new “chairman” of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, as the will of God.

Mr. Jang, was speaking in Jos, Sunday, at a special interdenominational church service held at Faith-way Chapel Church and organized by the Plateau State government as part of the activities marking the forthcoming 14th anniversary of uninterrupted democratic governance in Nigeria.

His remarks came two days after a controversial governors’ forum election in which Mr. Amaechi was declared winner after clinching 19 votes to defeat Mr. Jang who got 16. The result of the election however portrayed Mr. Jang as a usurper to the NGF chairman position.

Governors who supported Mr. Jang rejected the outcome of the elections, claiming it was rigged.

On Saturday, Mr. Jang convened a meeting of the protesting governors and presided as chairman.

“I can assure you that my emergence as the chairman Nigerian Governors’ Forum was the will of God because I went to Abuja for the NGF election not with the intention to contest but northern governors and the PDP governors’ forum endorsed my candidature. When (Ibrahim) Shema of Kastina stepped down, both forums insisted I should contest; I contested and won. So, it’s the will of God.”

He said he had never wanted to be chairman of the NGF.

Mr. Jang told the church that the allegation that a faction of the NGF rigged the elections in his favour was not true.
“God is a democrat, does not support rigging but if you rig and succeed, that means God approve of it.”

Mr. Jang called on Nigerians to pray for their leaders to enable the present administration at all levels succeed.
He said the current controversies being faced by government at the moment is a foreshadow of what is likely to happen at the 2015 general elections.

“I believe that God has anointed who will be President of Nigeria in 2015 but only him knows who it is,” he stated.
He also said democratic governance was the best form of government that takes care of every sector, pointing out that even the military enjoys more during democracy.

“The military enjoys better during democracy. I’m a living example because I was opportune to serve as governor during the military era and now again as a civilian; so, to my mind, the military should not carry guns to force out democratic governance again,” he said.

During the church service, prayers were offered for the restoration of permanent peace in the country and stability of good governance in Nigeria and the entire African continent.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/136211-jonah-jang-says-god-helped-him-defeat-amaechi.html

Another episode from our new drama series titled "papa' deciet & pikins"... Enjoy!
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by successcertain: 9:34pm On May 26, 2013
Politics and religion are nothing but a distraction. We need to look at the ones who are really pulling the strings. The mega Bank and the Co operations! grin

1 Like

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by otokx(m): 9:35pm On May 26, 2013
shame shame
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by kayoday(m): 9:35pm On May 26, 2013
Mogidi: Imagine Amaechi being his own INEC chairman at his own election. My congratulations to Gov Jang for pulling this feat which many thought was impossible.
same way GEJ will be president during 2015 abi na 2014 election.

1 Like

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by dpresido(m): 9:36pm On May 26, 2013
I heard he is a Reverend too ooh. Baba Jiang, please stop using the name of the Lord in vain. De details emanating from the election did not say God brought the PDP faction to impose you as their own Chairman abeg. Am not an Amaechi fan but dont bring God's name into muddy NGF politics abeg
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by yeboyes: 9:37pm On May 26, 2013

The governor of Plateau State, Jonah Jang, has described his “victory” over Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, whom he claims to have defeated to become the new “chairman” of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, as the will of God.

Mr. Jang, was speaking in Jos, Sunday, at a special interdenominational church service held at Faith-way Chapel Church and organized by the Plateau State government as part of the activities marking the forthcoming 14th anniversary of uninterrupted democratic governance in Nigeria.

His remarks came two days after a controversial governors’ forum election in which Mr. Amaechi was declared winner after clinching 19 votes to defeat Mr. Jang who got 16. The result of the election however portrayed Mr. Jang as a usurper to the NGF chairman position.

Governors who supported Mr. Jang rejected the outcome of the elections, claiming it was rigged.

On Saturday, Mr. Jang convened a meeting of the protesting governors and presided as chairman.

“I can assure you that my emergence as the chairman Nigerian Governors’ Forum was the will of God because I went to Abuja for the NGF election not with the intention to contest but northern governors and the PDP governors’ forum endorsed my candidature. When (Ibrahim) Shema of Kastina stepped down, both forums insisted I should contest; I contested and won. So, it’s the will of God.”

Mr. Jang told the church that the allegation that a faction of the NGF rigged the elections in his favour was not true.
“God is a democrat, does not support rigging but if you rig and succeed, that means God approve of it.”

Mr. Jang called on Nigerians to pray for their leaders to enable the present administration at all levels succeed.
He said the current controversies being faced by government at the moment is a foreshadow of what is likely to happen at the 2015 general elections.

“I believe that God has anointed who will be President of Nigeria in 2015 but only him knows who it is,” he stated.
He also said democratic governance was the best form of government that takes care of every sector, pointing out that even the military enjoys more during democracy.

“The military enjoys better during democracy. I’m a living example because I was opportune to serve as governor during the military era and now again as a civilian; so, to my mind, the military should not carry guns to force out democratic governance again,” he said.

During the church service, prayers were offered for the restoration of permanent peace in the country and stability of good governance in Nigeria and the entire African continent.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/136211-jonah-jang-says-god-helped-him-defeat-amaechi.html

Another episode from our new drama series titled "papa' deciet & pikins"... Enjoy!

Nigerians are doomed if this is the kind of leaders that they elect in to positions of power.In a civilized country ,this man would have been made to resign from politics for making the bolded statement above but under Jonathan's infectiously corrupt leadership ,he will be hailed as a performer.Nigerians enjoy your FRESH AIR,the Fresh Air of PDP the most cursed political party on earth led by the devil himself Goodluck Jonathan.

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by HARDDON: 9:40pm On May 26, 2013
how these goons just love playing politics with Nigerians now evn extended to God's crib
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Hilaskee(m): 9:40pm On May 26, 2013
COMPARE AND CONTRAST

Rivers State Governor Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi
has said he contested and won the Nigeria Governors Forum election held on Friday o Friday in Abuja.
Amaechi spoke on Sunday at an Interdenominati onal Church Service at Corpus Christi Cathedral in Port Harcourt to mark this year’s children’s day celebration which also coincided with his (Amaechi) 48th birthday. According to him “let me say to you, I am the Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum. That we are not talking it’s because we have decided not to talk. They voted, we voted and we won. If they had won, I would have congratulated them”.
Governor Amaechi also assured children of the state of his administration’ s desire to provide good governance and quality education. He also said government was on track to provide adequate security all over the state.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by mmmustapha(m): 9:42pm On May 26, 2013
How can we have free n fair election in 15 while There's election malpractice even in d NGF, jang is really high
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by successcertain: 9:45pm On May 26, 2013
yeboyes:

Nigerians are doomed if this is the kind of leaders that they elect in to positions of power.In a civilized country ,this man would have been made to resign from politics for making the bolded statement above but under Jonathan's infectiously corrupt leadership ,he will be hailed as a performer.Nigerians enjoy your FRESH AIR,the Fresh Air of PDP the most cursed political party on earth led by the devil himself Goodluck Jonathan.

THEY ARE BEING PAID TO ALLOW US TO BE DESTROYED....

1 Like

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by nwaniSOC: 9:48pm On May 26, 2013

GOD HAS NEVER BEEN MORE DESECRATED. THIS JUNK CALLED JANG, AND THE PRIEST, WHO PRECIDED OVER THIS RITUAL SHOULD BE XCOMMUNICATED FROM CHRISTAINDOM. SHAME!!!!!!!
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by dulphines: 9:48pm On May 26, 2013
Fellow Nigerians, due to the unresolved controversy surrounding the NGF elections and the unscrupulous behavior of some of our Governors, I General Ibrahim Baban, formerly declares as follow:
Nigerian Governors Forum, dissolved!
All reistered and unregistered party, dissolved!
Any individual, groups of persons or representatives caught in violation of the above order shall be severely dealth with. Signed: Gen.I Baban (Pss, fss,daga, GCFRN, CCNA, ICAN )
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by cardoso111(m): 9:49pm On May 26, 2013
so what?whats the big deal?its just a pointer to what we should expect in 2015!
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by ifihearam: 9:49pm On May 26, 2013
Whether he rigged or not,its a. Lesson to amaechi,stop fighting a lost battle. With the powers that be. Its just the beginning.

1 Like

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Dee60: 9:59pm On May 26, 2013
I am speechless now. Politics in Nigeria is looking too dangerous these days. Why bring the name of God into this, and doing so in the sacred confines of a church? I dont understand anymore!
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Sagewood: 10:02pm On May 26, 2013
successcertain: You cannot destroy slavery by becoming a part of your Master’s cultural incubator." - John Henrik Clarke

Racism denies people's access to life, liberty, to the pursue of happiness, to proper education, to control over their own resources etc.

Today is African Liberation Day, but why are we celebrating? We are not free yet, we are still slaves and we don't even know it. We are economically, politically and mentally colonized. We export raw materials and agriculture, then we import finished goods just like colonialism. We import most of our products, many big industries are controlled by foreigners. We accept all these foreign aid and loans to make us debt slaves. We rely on foreign contractors to build everything for us. We value everything foreign. We cannot unite, there is tribalism. Global Africans are continually demonized and marginalized everywhere in the world. We don't control our media, so we are represented poorly in the media. We have the worst Human Development Index in the world. Many of us are illiterate and don't live too long. We only speak our colonizers languages such as English, French and Arabic. African nations are now trying to introduce Chinese in classes even though our languages are dying out. We have high maternity deaths, high infancy deaths. Our best doctors and minds move to foreign countries to develop them while our continent deteriorates. This is just like slavery. Most of us don't know our great history, we only know that we were slaves and colonized. African culture, languages, religions, clothes and names are dying. We still have self hatred and inferiority complex. We cannot work together. We still fight in proxy wars funded by foreign forces that allow other countries to benefit from our resources. Our resources are still coming from the ground to fund other countries while ours are poor. We are pawns for other country's foreign policy. There are more foreign troops in Africa than during colonialism. AFRICOM is coming to Africa to kick out the Chinese and and secure investments, mines and African resources. But we won't discuss real issues we only discuss things that don't matter like celebrity gossip and European/American sports leagues. And when we discuss real issues people label it as conspiracy theories. We are still neo-colonized and our government is controlled by foreigners. They serve to keep the entire country as permanent cheap labor source, cheap resources and a consumer market. We still have the ICC only putting Africans in jail. These bad International Monetary Fund, World Bank Loans and the World Trade Organization are not serving our interests. The United Nations peace keeping troops do nothing for Africa and actually causing more damage. The colonial Pact makes Francophone African countries slaves to France. So, I am NOT celebrating African Liberation Day. I will not celebrate this until we are free from mental, political, and economic slavery/colonization. We must control our own economies and produce what we consume. Love our own products, services and businesses. Go to tourism in our own countries. Build our own institutions instead of going to other ones. Work together worldwide in Pan Africanism. Working together for the uplift of ourselves.

Most black African women wanna date white men.....they still have the mentality that whites are superior,mostly economically,who will save mother Africa?

Most of your piece was spot on. I hope African leaders and the citizens of Africa will "open" their eyes to the realities of global domination by the Western countries and their allies.
We need African economic, political, and technological Renaissance.

3 Likes

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by ucheokpara100(m): 10:05pm On May 26, 2013
let me say dis and say it clearly, nigeria is nt goin 2 be betta no matta wat, i'm weepin now cos even pastors tht 're suppose 2 save us are still playn politice in d house of our creator witout fear, look anybdy who is nt afraid of his creator hv nt startd, hv u ever immagined he who provide food water and shelter 4 d whole world everyday and it never finishes 4rm generation to generations, and we are seeing dis as ordinary, look if african leaders cannot lead us proper pls lets return to slave in d hands of those who knws hw 2 rule and has arranged dia place na, our leaders are busy competing and dragin power up and down and 4get wat thy are surpose 2 do.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Mylove55(f): 10:05pm On May 26, 2013
Wao,both of them are claim 19 to 16,not 18 to 17 or 20 to 15.i expect Ameachi to have 22 vote,dat means those expected to vote 4 him,would have fail him.jang suppose to be impeach 4 saying God approve riggin.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by addicted268(f): 10:11pm On May 26, 2013
Phikom: i cant believe all dis ugly scenario is happening to my dear fatherland!!! Jang, u never had the intention to contest, but then ow did u eventually emerge as d winner? d fake and ugly document shows 19governors voted for u backdoor in a secret fraudulent cyberballot voting...ow would wu did not have d intention of contesting eventually emerge as the winner...dis is ridiculous
God is a democrat? oh my God...i can c how pathetic u are
9ja i hail thee!!!
Abi o my brother,if he left for abuja not knowing he would contest,how come the other governors saw into d future and voted him via the backdoor.maybe god revealed that in a dream to them all,except him.....the painful truth is that if a 36man-vote can be rigged shamelessly and blatantly lied about,then,there's really not much hope for the millions of nigerians who ll vote in d upcoming election.very shameful! sad
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by AdekunleBalogun: 10:12pm On May 26, 2013
Orikinla: [size=28pt]No wonder his state is in chaos, because he is a blatant liar.
There is no rest for the wicked says the Word of God in the Holy Bible.
[/size]

Gbam!!!! U hit the nail on the head... This jangan is an Old fool.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by iykofias(m): 10:14pm On May 26, 2013
Wot God is dis viral goat of a once shoeless boy referring to,Can u imagine ds ugly northern thing vommiting crap. I oly hope he was referring to dia islamic god cos my God works in righteous way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obiano, Tinubu, Amosun, Kalu And Akande At SUN Award: Caption The Photo / Prince Dayo Adeyeye Dumps PDP, Says He’s Being Wooed By Five Parties / Kenneth Okonkwo: Buhari Has Done More For Igbos Under APC Than PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.