Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang (25007 Views)

Seriake Dickson Blasts Amaechi, Jang, Others For Destroying Governors Forum / Amaechi, Jang Clash Again As NGF Faction Summons Meeting / Amaechi, Jang, Others Attend Jonathan’s Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by usayab(m): 7:49am On May 27, 2013
iwanchop: Daddy,could you please tell us how you won?
How many governors voted in the elections that brought you in?
My mathematics is very poor,is 16 now greater than 19?
Daddy Jang,please explain to us
u suppoz 2 knw na, 16 is greata dan 19/2.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by JungleBoot: 7:59am On May 27, 2013
If 35 votes can not be counted accurately by the 35 sopposedly 'wisest men' in Nig,if rigging can be alledged in Aso-Rock with regard to such a twitlet figure, then I think the Nation owes Uncle Murice Iwo an unreserved appologia

2 Likes

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Babzrockman: 8:04am On May 27, 2013
Like d Hausas will said 'AKOI MOSALA' Jonathan and his crew, are not concern abt d general public but about d powers dey want to acquired at all course. God, dnt watch us like dis b4 dis heartless leaders of ours kill our economy n d masses. God help us oooooo. Jonah u beta b tinkin of ur grave n not NGF. Am so embarrassed by ur action towards d NFG's election. Old fool!
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Pdizzle(m): 8:10am On May 27, 2013
Its actually funny hw church has been a platform for more pple to go to hell
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Parisbee5(m): 8:37am On May 27, 2013
Am not surprised at all with this blasphemous statement from Jona Jang, this has been and will always be the Ideology behind every actions of these PDP croonies to justify rigging., that's why PDP members are perpetually RIGGING in every election. I make bold to say that even 2011 election was massively rigged electronically in the north in favour of GEJ and I have my facts. I was a Presiding officer and I saw it all. But am afraid the same thing WILL HAPPEN in 2015 except we Stand up to say NO. Nigerians are simply dosile if not this man should be facing heavy protest this morning.

1 Like

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by eenuf: 8:49am On May 27, 2013
A beg who really win this NGF election
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by DrTee1(m): 8:57am On May 27, 2013
successcertain:

THEY ARE BEING PAID TO ALLOW US TO BE DESTROYED....

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD STOP CURSING NIGERIA!!!!

Gawd! Yes Jang said trash. Yes, the men at the top are corrupt and inefficient. But please stop cursing the country!!!!!!! Stop!

You yourself are part of the problem by cursing the Nation. If you can't do anything, then pray for the country or contest an election!!! These 'politicians' read nairaland. Amechi & Jang may be here for all we care. And they'll only be laughing at the whole charade. They may even write to blame 'Jang' & 'Amaechi' too - themselves!

These curse against our nation would only destroy the land and leave it desolate. I'm a christian and the Bible is emphatic about praying for Zion and praying for one's country. I know Islam isn't against such too. We must pray for our land.

The deluge of curses and swear words against the country on this thread show the exact reason behind our stagnation. Even those of us who are being ruled are hardly better. And we voted them into power anyway: yes. The 2011 elections were fairer than previous elections in the annals of Nigeria. Those men are duly elected leaders from right among us. They are a reflection of our corporate & collective existence.

My Governor, who is someone I respect so much, is the worst & most shameful bat in the whole scenario: Olusegun Mimiko. It is so shameful. But it is him who we overwhelmingly voted in Ondo state to lead us for 8 years. It only indicates that one of our best politicians from Ondo State is unfortunately a shameless fellow or inexplicable enigma at the national stage! Abi which one is he: PDP, APC or LP

We must as followers stop the cursing. Let's say good things about our country. The Bible says in the book of Chronicles "If my people would turn away from their Sins ... and call upon my Name... I will heal their land." The book of proverbs states the essence of saying good of the country/land.

Let us say good of this country. Let us be honest in our everyday activities. Poverty and greed is the primary problem with Nigeria. Believe me, the day we have 24hr stable electricity in this country, 95% of our problems would vanish in 12months! That's the truth.

What is the NGF? Is it in the constitution of the country? Ebi, Okonjuwa, which means Greed&Avarice in yoruba, is the problem of the average Nigerian. When he finds himself in power, that mentality doesn't leave his psyche. That's the overall problem. That's why they wouldn't fix the nation. They just want to steal as much as they can for themselves and their nuclear families. Meanwhile the Bible asserts that the FOOLISH man amasses wealth without knowing who would spend it!

Let us re-orientate ourselves. Let the social re-engineering start from within. Stop blaming Goodluck & Amaechi, Jang and Obasanjo. Ask yourself: would you do better? Do you do better where U live and work? Are you honest, consistent and forthright in all your dealings If yes, then you are one of the 10% that exist in this country. Let is pray that that 10% increases significantly in this country.

Americans pray for their country everyday. Let's learn from them.

God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by tunex23: 8:59am On May 27, 2013
What a Shame 2 GEJ and is PDP Thieves. Just an election Of 35 men who are the number one citizen in their various state, no sincererity and no act of truthfulness @ all.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by tunex23: 9:00am On May 27, 2013
What a Shame 2 GEJ and is PDP Thieves. Just an election Of 35 men who are the number one citizen in their various state, no sincererity and no act of truthfulness @ all. GEJ is a disgrace!
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by kenlash1(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2013
Mogidi: Imagine Amaechi being his own INEC chairman at his own election. My congratulations to Gov Jang for pulling this feat which many thought was impossible.
pls y didn't they oppose it before d election, NW dey find faults, very pitiable
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Wadeoye(m): 9:02am On May 27, 2013
Wsdm: The same way Jonathern have been talking. Honestly the so called men of God have turned christianity into a mockery religion. You cant try this nonsense in the mosque.

Xtianity has lost its values. Still wondering what they learn in those churches. People will plan and execute sinful/devilish acts and then rush back to their churches to give testimony of how God has helped/blessed them. Isn't that interesting? This religion is fast turning into an incubator of all forms of corruption in Nigeria.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by free13: 9:09am On May 27, 2013
Wadeoye:

Xtianity has lost its values. Still wondering what they learn in those churches. People will plan and execute sinful/devilish acts and then rush back to their churches to give testimony of how God has helped/blessed them. Isn't that interesting? This religion is fast turning into an incubator of all forms corruption in Nigeria.

What is this islamic bigot saying?
lslam the terrorist religion
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by kelvincoll(m): 9:16am On May 27, 2013
“God is a democrat, does not support rigging but if you rig and succeed, that means God approve of it.”

............ And JESUS wept sad sad
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by matoyeh(m): 9:33am On May 27, 2013
okpara ugo:

Go and remove him from his seat nah if you can.

You too are among those under oppression.
i hate people that talks like this... cry cry cry cry cry i cry for you and your future cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by matoyeh(m): 9:35am On May 27, 2013
Wadeoye:

Xtianity has lost its values. Still wondering what they learn in those churches. People will plan and execute sinful/devilish acts and then rush back to their churches to give testimony of how God has helped/blessed them. Isn't that interesting? This religion is fast turning into an incubator of all forms of corruption in Nigeria. sometime, i dont blam Boko Haram... Jesus has made everything so easy for Xtians to the extend that they are even misusing the opportunities.... Who are you in front of Sharia Law... They will cut off your hands if u cheat. shocked shocked shocked how can 16votes beats 19 in PDP... This is just clear that they have been cheating us since all these while...

PEE DEEE PEEEE!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by matoyeh(m): 9:36am On May 27, 2013
Wadeoye:

Xtianity has lost its values. Still wondering what they learn in those churches. People will plan and execute sinful/devilish acts and then rush back to their churches to give testimony of how God has helped/blessed them. Isn't that interesting? This religion is fast turning into an incubator of all forms of corruption in Nigeria. sometime,

i dont blam Boko Haram sometimes... some of them are seriously angry... Jesus has made everything so easy for Xtians to the extend that they are even misusing the opportunities.... Who are you in front of Sharia Law... They will cut off your hands if u cheat. shocked shocked shocked how can 16 votes beats 19 votes but its possible in PDP... This is just clear that they have been cheating us Nigerians since all these while...

PEE DEEE PEEEE!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Flygeriansteve: 9:38am On May 27, 2013
Dear God, the things that are here done--and undone in your name *sighs*
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by matoyeh(m): 9:39am On May 27, 2013
iwanchop:

And what is ur business with what I call him?E dey give u headache?
If u no get what to contribute go and sleep now
i cry for you and your future cry cry cry cry
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by matoyeh(m): 9:40am On May 27, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
How can this senile old retařd claim to have won when he got only 16 votes?

[size=28pt] Sai Amaechi!!!
[/size]

Ask them oooo
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Wadeoye(m): 9:44am On May 27, 2013
free13:

What is this islamic bigot saying?
lslam the terrorist religion

Man, I condemn any forms of terrorism, just the same way I condemn hypocrisy which is the hallmark of xtianity. Mahatma Gandi alluded to this when he said " I love your Christ but not the xtians..."

You see, most of those Islamic fanatics that go into terrorism are encouraged by the wayward ways of the so called xtians. Again, there is no justification for terrorism - it is equally evil.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by free13: 9:54am On May 27, 2013
Wadeoye:

Man, I condemn any forms of terrorism, just the same way I condemn hypocrisy which is the hallmark of xtianity. Mahatma Gandi alluded to this when he said " I love your Christ but not the xtians..."

You see, most of those Islamic fanatics that go into terrorism are encouraged by the wayward ways of the so called xtians. Again, there is no justification for terrorism - it is equally evil.

You are an islamic terrorist, just like your muslim brothers. Islam is a religion of death and hypocrisy.
The government is taking care of your brothers boko-haram.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by BLACKPANTHER(m): 10:11am On May 27, 2013
ddippset: Jona jang must have skipped his cathecism lessons. Does he not know not to use the name of our God in vain?

Guy am a Catholic, did you and Jang do Catechism at the same period? Dont attach his politics with Catechism. I use God beg you. If not you are no different from him
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Nobody: 10:13am On May 27, 2013
Habaaa,with your grey hair.What are you teaching Adama and your other children?Don't allow the selfish interest of these young men cloud your vission as an old man.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by coolchimex: 10:39am On May 27, 2013
Some people never cease to amaze me, imagine this funny old indomie noodle coming to the house of God to celebrate a SELECTION! By the way, why did the church allow him to do an illegitimately obtained thanksgiving(because he's a Governor right)? Christianity is no longer what it used to be anymore, I'm highly disappointed.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by bigtt76(f): 11:17am On May 27, 2013
....And you are over joyed at defeating a fellow party and governor? When you guys should be rallying round at providing the much need amenities? I wonder what this country has turned into. Like seriously ....since when has such a trivial get-together forum turn into a 'national priority' that nobody would let us breathe again? Everywhere you turn to NGF ...NGF haba!

Why are we so focus-less in this country?
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by nkemKalu: 11:36am On May 27, 2013
Mogidi: Imagine Amaechi being his own INEC chairman at his own election. My congratulations to Gov Jang for pulling this feat which many thought was impossible.
EWU GAMBIA
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by victorD3: 11:57am On May 27, 2013
koruji: Listen to Mr. Jang:

This is the kind of thoughtless folks that rule large sections of our country.
"If you rig and succeed, that means God approve it"?
What about "if you steal and succeed"?
What about "if you murder and succeed"?
Oh the patience of God !!!

Well he didn't mention the name of he's god which may not necessarily be your own God
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by successcertain: 12:31pm On May 27, 2013
Dr. Tee:

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD STOP CURSING NIGERIA!!!!

Gawd! Yes Jang said trash. Yes, the men at the top are corrupt and inefficient. But please stop cursing the country!!!!!!! Stop!

You yourself are part of the problem by cursing the Nation. If you can't do anything, then pray for the country or contest an election!!! These 'politicians' read nairaland. Amechi & Jang may be here for all we care. And they'll only be laughing at the whole charade. They may even write to blame 'Jang' & 'Amaechi' too - themselves!

These curse against our nation would only destroy the land and leave it desolate. I'm a christian and the Bible is emphatic about praying for Zion and praying for one's country. I know Islam isn't against such too. We must pray for our land.

The deluge of curses and swear words against the country on this thread show the exact reason behind our stagnation. Even those of us who are being ruled are hardly better. And we voted them into power anyway: yes. The 2011 elections were fairer than previous elections in the annals of Nigeria. Those men are duly elected leaders from right among us. They
are a reflection of our corporate & collective existence.

My Governor, who is someone I respect so much, is the worst & most shameful bat in the whole scenario: Olusegun Mimiko. It is so shameful. But it is him who we overwhelmingly voted in Ondo state to lead us for 8 years. It only indicates that one of our best politicians from Ondo State is unfortunately a shameless fellow or inexplicable enigma at the national stage! Abi which one is he: PDP, APC or LP

We must as followers stop the cursing. Let's say good things about our country. The Bible says in the book of Chronicles "If my people would turn away from their Sins ... and call upon my Name... I will heal their land." The book of proverbs states the essence of saying good of the country/land.

Let us say good of this country. Let us be honest in our everyday activities. Poverty and greed is the primary problem with Nigeria. Believe me, the day we have 24hr stable electricity in this country, 95% of our problems would vanish in 12months! That's the truth.

What is the NGF? Is it in the constitution of the country? Ebi, Okonjuwa, which means Greed&Avarice in yoruba, is the problem of the average Nigerian. When he finds himself in power, that mentality doesn't leave his psyche. That's the overall problem. That's why they wouldn't fix the nation. They just want to steal as much as they can for themselves and their nuclear families. Meanwhile the Bible asserts that the FOOLISH man amasses wealth without knowing who would spend it!

Let us re-orientate ourselves. Let the social re-engineering start from within. Stop blaming Goodluck & Amaechi, Jang and Obasanjo. Ask yourself: would you do better? Do you do better where U live and work? Are you honest, consistent and forthright in all your dealings If yes, then you are one of the 10% that exist in this country. Let is pray that that 10% increases significantly in this country.

Americans pray for their country everyday. Let's learn from them.

God bless Nigeria!

Maybe you should as well take a look at my earlier post to see how the truth is analize with the clear statement of the solution to our problem. I don't buy into God and religious crap. Africa problem is everybody responsibility, coming together as one to liberate and admit to the truth of our woes, find a lasting solution to it isn't hard to do. I don't curse Nigeria and will never curse out Africa. So please spear me the crap and focus on liberating the brainwashed and handicap people who are sank into tribal hatred abd religious bigots. My problem is am peaceful and you at the other hand I am not sure of.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 27, 2013
...if you rig and succeed, that means God approve of it.”
Imagine that kind of statement from a leader angry
Is Gov Jang trying to call God an accomplice of crime? Because rigging is the same thing as stealing the mandate of the people. What baffles me is that he made that statement in a church during his thanksgiving service and no member of the church, not even the pastor, could rebuke him for such blasphemous statement. That's a slap on God's face! No wonder God says judgement will start from the church.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 27, 2013
"...if you rig and succeed, that means God approve of it.”
Imagine that kind of statement from a leader angry
Is Gov Jang trying to call God an accomplice of crime? Because rigging is the same thing as stealing the mandate of the people. What baffles me is that he made that statement in a church during his thanksgiving service and no member of the church, not even the pastor, could rebuke him for such blasphemous statement. That's a slap on God's face! No wonder God says judgement will start from the church.
What sorts of leaders we got in this country?!
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by DrTee1(m): 5:49pm On May 27, 2013
successcertain:

Maybe you should as well take a look at my earlier post to see how the truth is analize with the clear statement of the solution to our problem. I don't buy into God and religious crap. Africa problem is everybody responsibility, coming together as one to liberate and admit to the truth of our woes, find a lasting solution to it isn't hard to do. I don't curse Nigeria and will never curse out Africa. So please spear me the crap and focus on liberating the brainwashed and handicap people who are sank into tribal hatred abd religious bigots. My problem is am peaceful and you at the other hand I am not sure of.

Someone wrote here on his Nairaland signature "Arguments are unnecessary, and are often a waste of time" or something like that...

I'll not condescend to venturing into a roforofo or a bolekaja thing with you. I respect your agnostic opinion though.

I quoted the comment of yours wherein you had endorsed someone who made a distasteful comment about the country in general. You quoted him and wrote something like "They are being paid by us to destroy us."

I wasn't attacking you my brother. Your mentality, or better still, especially as you have now repudiated that disposition, that which a lot of people have exhibited about/against motherland is what I wrote about and attempted to speak against.

I don't intend to fight anyone. I respect all men. I'm not unduly bothered that you don't 'buy into God'; what is important is your conscience & character & that often has little to do with what religion you profess. Aren't Jang, Akpabio & Mimko religious?

My article wasn't against your person. It was to draw an attention to the negativity and vituperative expressions which most people have smeared the country with on this thread.

Peace!
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by FolaAribilola: 8:40pm On May 27, 2013
brixton: Jonah Jang says God helped him “defeat” Amaechi

The governor of Plateau State, Jonah Jang, has described his “victory” over Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, whom he claims to have defeated to become the new “chairman” of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, as the will of God.

Mr. Jang, was speaking in Jos, Sunday, at a special interdenominational church service held at Faith-way Chapel Church and organized by the Plateau State government as part of the activities marking the forthcoming 14th anniversary of uninterrupted democratic governance in Nigeria.

His remarks came two days after a controversial governors’ forum election in which Mr. Amaechi was declared winner after clinching 19 votes to defeat Mr. Jang who got 16. The result of the election however portrayed Mr. Jang as a usurper to the NGF chairman position.

Governors who supported Mr. Jang rejected the outcome of the elections, claiming it was rigged.

On Saturday, Mr. Jang convened a meeting of the protesting governors and presided as chairman.

“I can assure you that my emergence as the chairman Nigerian Governors’ Forum was the will of God because I went to Abuja for the NGF election not with the intention to contest but northern governors and the PDP governors’ forum endorsed my candidature. When (Ibrahim) Shema of Kastina stepped down, both forums insisted I should contest; I contested and won. So, it’s the will of God.”

He said he had never wanted to be chairman of the NGF.

Mr. Jang told the church that the allegation that a faction of the NGF rigged the elections in his favour was not true.
“God is a democrat, does not support rigging but if you rig and succeed, that means God approve of it.”

Mr. Jang called on Nigerians to pray for their leaders to enable the present administration at all levels succeed.
He said the current controversies being faced by government at the moment is a foreshadow of what is likely to happen at the 2015 general elections.

“I believe that God has anointed who will be President of Nigeria in 2015 but only him knows who it is,” he stated.
He also said democratic governance was the best form of government that takes care of every sector, pointing out that even the military enjoys more during democracy.

“The military enjoys better during democracy. I’m a living example because I was opportune to serve as governor during the military era and now again as a civilian; so, to my mind, the military should not carry guns to force out democratic governance again,” he said.

During the church service, prayers were offered for the restoration of permanent peace in the country and stability of good governance in Nigeria and the entire African continent.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/136211-jonah-jang-says-god-helped-him-defeat-amaechi.html

Another episode from our new drama series titled "papa' deciet & pikins"... Enjoy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Can't Win South West For APC - PDP / How Can You Sleep While Owing Workers? | Buhari Blasts Governors / Saraki Hosts IGP, Mohammed Adamu, Over Police Reform Bill (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.