Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,023 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang (25011 Views)

Seriake Dickson Blasts Amaechi, Jang, Others For Destroying Governors Forum / Amaechi, Jang Clash Again As NGF Faction Summons Meeting / Amaechi, Jang, Others Attend Jonathan’s Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 27, 2013
brixton: Jonah Jang says God helped him “defeat” Amaechi

The governor of Plateau State, Jonah Jang, has described his “victory” over Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, whom he claims to have defeated to become the new “chairman” of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, as the will of God.

Mr. Jang, was speaking in Jos, Sunday, at a special interdenominational church service held at Faith-way Chapel Church and organized by the Plateau State government as part of the activities marking the forthcoming 14th anniversary of uninterrupted democratic governance in Nigeria.

His remarks came two days after a controversial governors’ forum election in which Mr. Amaechi was declared winner after clinching 19 votes to defeat Mr. Jang who got 16. The result of the election however portrayed Mr. Jang as a usurper to the NGF chairman position.

Governors who supported Mr. Jang rejected the outcome of the elections, claiming it was rigged.

On Saturday, Mr. Jang convened a meeting of the protesting governors and presided as chairman.

“I can assure you that my emergence as the chairman Nigerian Governors’ Forum was the will of God because I went to Abuja for the NGF election not with the intention to contest but northern governors and the PDP governors’ forum endorsed my candidature. When (Ibrahim) Shema of Kastina stepped down, both forums insisted I should contest; I contested and won. So, it’s the will of God.”

He said he had never wanted to be chairman of the NGF.

Mr. Jang told the church that the allegation that a faction of the NGF rigged the elections in his favour was not true.
“God is a democrat, does not support rigging but if you rig and succeed, that means God approve of it.”

Mr. Jang called on Nigerians to pray for their leaders to enable the present administration at all levels succeed.
He said the current controversies being faced by government at the moment is a foreshadow of what is likely to happen at the 2015 general elections.

“I believe that God has anointed who will be President of Nigeria in 2015 but only him knows who it is,” he stated.
He also said democratic governance was the best form of government that takes care of every sector, pointing out that even the military enjoys more during democracy.

“The military enjoys better during democracy. I’m a living example because I was opportune to serve as governor during the military era and now again as a civilian; so, to my mind, the military should not carry guns to force out democratic governance again,” he said.

During the church service, prayers were offered for the restoration of permanent peace in the country and stability of good governance in Nigeria and the entire African continent.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/136211-jonah-jang-says-god-helped-him-defeat-amaechi.html

Another episode from our new drama series titled "papa' deciet & pikins"... Enjoy!

LMAOOOO

WOOOOOOOOOOWWW

This guy took his lies to the church, and lied in front of man and God!!!! shocked

These people have no conscience. Happy, Obedient, Nigerian Christian! smh
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by sunnyprof: 8:33am On May 28, 2013
Jonah Jang is a liar. That's why his state has not known peace because he had never told us the truth about what was actually happening in Plateau. Even Boko Haram saga that came up later could be put in perspective now but what happens in Jos?

What baffles me is that Such men still rule us? That man who always look like an M. R. physically is this bold to declare winning by nomination the election he lost !! He is a fool who doesn't know he is being used.
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by igbo2011(m): 4:11pm On May 28, 2013
successcertain: You cannot destroy slavery by becoming a part of your Master’s cultural incubator." - John Henrik Clarke

Racism denies people's access to life, liberty, to the pursue of happiness, to proper education, to control over their own resources etc.

Today is African Liberation Day, but why are we celebrating? We are not free yet, we are still slaves and we don't even know it. We are economically, politically and mentally colonized. We export raw materials and agriculture, then we import finished goods just like colonialism. We import most of our products, many big industries are controlled by foreigners. We accept all these foreign aid and loans to make us debt slaves. We rely on foreign contractors to build everything for us. We value everything foreign. We cannot unite, there is tribalism. Global Africans are continually demonized and marginalized everywhere in the world. We don't control our media, so we are represented poorly in the media. We have the worst Human Development Index in the world. Many of us are illiterate and don't live too long. We only speak our colonizers languages such as English, French and Arabic. African nations are now trying to introduce Chinese in classes even though our languages are dying out. We have high maternity deaths, high infancy deaths. Our best doctors and minds move to foreign countries to develop them while our continent deteriorates. This is just like slavery. Most of us don't know our great history, we only know that we were slaves and colonized. African culture, languages, religions, clothes and names are dying. We still have self hatred and inferiority complex. We cannot work together. We still fight in proxy wars funded by foreign forces that allow other countries to benefit from our resources. Our resources are still coming from the ground to fund other countries while ours are poor. We are pawns for other country's foreign policy. There are more foreign troops in Africa than during colonialism. AFRICOM is coming to Africa to kick out the Chinese and and secure investments, mines and African resources. But we won't discuss real issues we only discuss things that don't matter like celebrity gossip and European/American sports leagues. And when we discuss real issues people label it as conspiracy theories. We are still neo-colonized and our government is controlled by foreigners. They serve to keep the entire country as permanent cheap labor source, cheap resources and a consumer market. We still have the ICC only putting Africans in jail. These bad International Monetary Fund, World Bank Loans and the World Trade Organization are not serving our interests. The United Nations peace keeping troops do nothing for Africa and actually causing more damage. The colonial Pact makes Francophone African countries slaves to France. So, I am NOT celebrating African Liberation Day. I will not celebrate this until we are free from mental, political, and economic slavery/colonization. We must control our own economies and produce what we consume. Love our own products, services and businesses. Go to tourism in our own countries. Build our own institutions instead of going to other ones. Work together worldwide in Pan Africanism. Working together for the uplift of ourselves.

Most black African women wanna date white men.....they still have the mentality that whites are superior,mostly economically,who will save mother Africa?

You need to give me credit on that piece on African Liberation Day. It came from my photo on my page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=523253767736043&set=pb.278164788911610.-2207520000.1369753788.&type=3&theater
Re: God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang by Mylove55(f): 10:05pm On May 28, 2013
eenuf: A beg who really win this NGF election
if i tell u who win,wil u accept d result.if u wil accept,ok.....it is amaechi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gumsu Sani Abacha's 42nd Birthday Party (Photos) / Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Stealing Is Not Corruption - Ekpo Nta, ICPC Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.