Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,164 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> - Literature (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> (645608 Views)

Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Romance Story- The Neigbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by MumZ(f): 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
HBD, MHR of dis day. Av fun.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by mesther96(f): 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
hapy bday repogal!smiley
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by domido(m): 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
HAPPY BIRTHDAY OOOOOO
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by ShehuAba(m): 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
@repogal, I must confess to you i started reading this story yesterday.
And wow since then i have actually been glued to my phone like never before. Hmmm, The Suspense, The What's Next e.t.c were just out of this world.
Well thank God have caught up with you Guys and hopefully we'l continue rocking this Novel together.
On A lighter and delightful note, Am wishing you a very Nice and happy Birthday.
W.U.L.L.N.P
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Khemhyte(f): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
HBD, wishin u d very best in lyf. Cheers!cheesy
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by olekubaby: 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2013
baidey kee, huhuhuhhuuuu. repo baby. hugs n kisses on ur BD. God's favour all the way
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Dayzzy(m): 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
*singing 2chainz's birthday song*
all i want for my birthday z a big........
HAPY BIRTHDAY MRS PEJU AMADI AKA REPOGIRL;;;;;; LONG LIFE AND PROSPERITY
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
Happy Birthday repogirl, wishing u de best in life
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by tobex23(m): 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
happy birthday aunty repo
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by goldwaters(f): 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
shocked Today? Birthday? And I wasn't told? Oh no!!! Wld have ordered a human size barbie cake. No wahala sha.
Repo representer, this is to wish u God's many blessings now and always. Happy birthday! Make sure to have a blast*wink*
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Missonas(f): 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
Happy birthday Repogirl!!!!!!!!av a fab 1
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
Awwww, thanks guys, I'm grateful, done writing now, expect in a bit.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2013

Izu was mad, stark raving mad! So mad he wanted to punch his fist into that Joshua’s thick skull, good thing Nedu had kept him away or he’d have received the thrashing of his life.. “Nedu! You brought this guy in, you vouched for him, you claimed he could do this without any hassles, what the fu’’ck am I hearing now? He hit the butt of the gun on Kite and she went unconscious? Is that what you’re saying?”

His friend spared him a glance but couldn’t bring himself to answer. Brenda was also seated quietly in a corner of Izu’s living room, she didn’t make a squeak, she had never seen Izu like this before.

“Talk to me, dammit!” He demanded from him

“Yes Izu, when Kite saw the guns, she refused to hand the keys over. He didn’t know what else to do?”

“Oh, so you expected her to hand the keys over to you lovingly, right” Izu asked sarcastically.

“He was scared she would blow the whole operation and he had to act fast.”

“Oh? Act fast by damaging her brain, right? So you agree with what he did?” He asked but Chinedu shook his head vehemently.

“No, ofcourse I don’t, but I guess he wasn’t thinking straight at the time.”

Izu continued “Wasn’t I specifically clear to the both of you, most especially him, because I didn’t know him, that I wanted no one hurt? You know Kite and her stupid stubbornness, there could have been another way…”

“I know but I was handling the other lady and before I knew what was up it was too late.”

“It’s a good thing he’s not here, just keep him away from me or I swear I will make him a paraplegic, infact, just get going right this minute. You guys leave now, get the car down to Brenda’s place in one piece, I’m sure that wouldn’t be too much for you would it? She’ll be in Benin tomorrow morning.”

“I’m really sorry about this Izu..”

“Save it, Chinedu. That guy should hope she doesn’t sustain serious injuries or I swear he will pay dearly. Now just leave already.”
With a resigned sigh, Chinedu left and Izu dropped on the sofa, worried. He hoped Kite would be okay, the stubborn girl, he should have known she would never have cooperated easily especially as she’d seen the guns. He’d kept that part from her knowing she wouldn’t agree to it but the guys had needed it, even if they weren’t loaded, the guns were needed to put some scare in the Williams girl. What sort of robbers would they be if they were there without weapons?

“Baby.” Brenda was by his side, her arm around his shoulder “Baby cheer up, the guys were only doing what they had to do, here, let me make you feel better.” Her hands were going for his shirt buttons.

“Get your hands off me if you don’t want a resounding slap right now!” He thundered, and she jumped back.

“Baby,” She protested “But..”

“But what? But what Brenda? Did you hear what happened? Kite was left unconscious by that stu’pid id’iot and you’re here saying you want to make me feel better with sex?” He spat “Is that all you know? To give yourself freely and cheaply all the time? Well let me educate you, my dear, sometimes even sex is not enough!”

“Izu! Are you really talking to me this way? Because of that.. that your self righteous bi’tch? The bi’tch brought it upon herself and got what she deserved.”

Izu took a steadying breath, reining in all of his self control, he was tempted to release all his anger, frustration and annoyance on her “I swear Brenda, watch yourself or I will forget you’re a stu’pid female and give you the thrashing of your life! If you don’t want to become brain dead, I suggest you shut up right now!”

Brenda shook her head as she stared at him “You’re pathetic, Izu, I can see you still have feelings for her, you’re still in love with her. Wake up from your slumber, fo’ol! She’s moved on to a better person, hell, I don’t know why I’m still with you, I don’t know why…” She looked away as her voice shook “Why I feel so strongly for you, I’m such a stu’pid girl to think….to think…I could make you love me. I’m so fu’’cking stupid.”

Izu knew he had to calm down here, this bi’tch was unpredictable and he still needed her for a while, he didn’t need her going to the police or anything.
He sighed “Brenda.” He pulled her up to him, his next words were like vinegar against his tongue but he said them anyway, anything to get the stu’pid bi’tch to cool off and not act irrationally “I’m sorry.”

She melted into him on hearing those words, her petit form holding him tight “I think I’m making a mistake being with you, Izu, forcing you to love me the way I love you but all you see is her, you still see that damn girl, what is it about her for crying out loud?”

“Brenda….baby…she was my girl for seven long years, you can’t expect me not to care for her. Yes, I hate her sometimes but then I once also loved her so much, a huge part of me still cares deeply for her and that’s why I’m so annoyed right now. I’m sorry, I really didn’t mean those things I said, I could never raise my hand to any woman, I’m sorry, babe.”

“It’s just that I love you so much, baby.” She said

“Yeah, I know you do, I know you do, I’m so sorry.” He told her.
“It’s okay, baby, I accept your apology.”

“Good! Now get ready to get down to Benin. When all this is over, we’ll be together and the name Kite won’t pop up, again.” He said for her benefit, all the while thinking how to find out if Kite was alright.

Kite woke up to a horrible headache “what the..?” She raised a hand to her head as she tried to sit up from bed “aaargh..”

“Don’t! don’t try to get up, Kite, just lie down.” That was Ise’s voice, was she dreaming? Ise was in South Africa, how could she be hearing him here, so close to her and was it his hands on her shoulder, urging her to lie down? She tried opening her eyes but had to squint at the sunlight coming in from the windows.

“Aaargh, close the drapes please!” in a flash she felt him get up, the room went dark shortly after.
“Sorry…” He said, “How you feeling?”

“Like I ran into a train, head first.” She said and heard his light chuckle, she’d not meant to be funny, it was exactly how she felt. She tried her eyes again “Ise, is it really you?”

“Yes, it’s me.” He replied, squeezing her hand reassuringly.

“but… I thought.. weren’t you in South Africa till Saturday?” her eyes widened “Or is today Saturday?”

“No honey, it’s Friday morning. I left as soon as I heard of the car jacking, last night.”

She frowned, it hurt so much to think but she tried it anyway “ but that means you just arrived?”

“Yes, for a few hours now, I got here at about seven thirty a.m, its ten now. Look, kite don’t stress yourself out too much okay, you need to rest. Do you recall the events of last night?”

“sort of,” She did remember but in flashes, “Why am I having head aches?”

“You received a blow to the head.”
She closed her eyes, that idiot Joshua! She knew it was him, Nedu would never have hurt her, she suddenly remembered the guns, she’d seen the guns and had been pissed. Izu had never told her guns would be involved, she’d made to hold back the key from Joshua and that was the last she could remember.

“for the life of me, Kite, I can’t figure out why you’d struggle with robbers, you were lucky you didn’t get yourself shot in the process.” She closed her eyes again, groaning, the last thing she needed now was a lecture from Ise, she deserved that blow to the head for what she’d done to Jeje and the Williams family. Ise continued “ It’s just a car, a car can always be replaced, if it had been your life……”

“Ise please, lets just be grateful nothing tragic happened.”

“You can’t imagine how grateful I am.”

“ I can’t imagine you came back just because of this…. How bout the business you went for?”

“Kite, you are more precious to me than any stu’pid business deal, business can be put on hold for now. I could never have functioned not knowing the extent of your injury. You can’t imagine how worried I was, I was going to go on and on with you about this stubbornness of yours but I can’t bring myself to, seeing you like this. The doctor said there will be no lasting damages and your skull wasn’t fractured, so I guess all is well.”

She smiled, thinking up a joke “I guess I’ve got a thick skull literally.”

Ise shook his head “I can see you’ll definitely be better real soon since you can make jokes, I guess that’s a good sign.” He got up “I’ll leave you to rest now, I’ve got some work to finish up and…” he was already moving toward to the door when she called him back.

“Ise…” She said trying to sit up but wincing in pain.

“No, I said don’t sit up, goodness! Do you ever listen?” He was by her side in a flash.

“Why are you leaving just like that, as in really leaving?” She asked him, sensing something was wrong. Ise always wanted to be with her, why was he leaving? She wanted him beside her.

He frowned “What do you mean? I told you I had work to do.”

“No,” She shook her head slightly “You’re still mad at me.”

“ What are you talking about?” He asked frowning.

“The last time we spoke on the phone you accused me of lying and keeping things from you, and now you’re avoiding me, it’s not hard to put two and two together. If you’re leaving me, please just let me know so I’ll prepare my mind for it.”

“Christ! Where did you come up with that theory? I want you to rest, that’s why I’m giving you some space, I’m not leaving. Maybe I should call the doctor to come check you up some more for some brain damage, because I don’t understand where this is coming from.”

“So..you’re not mad?” She asked searching his face and seeing nothing, the guy was so damn hard to read, or was it guilty conscience worrying her?

He sighed “Not as much as I was last night, I’m more concerned about your health at the moment, I’m not leaving, all I want is for you to get better.”

She sighed, should she tell him about Kenny? Maybe she should, might make things better between them. “Okay, maybe its time I told you about…..”

“Hey! She’s awake.” Jeje exclaimed coming into the room “How you feeling now, Kite?”. Kite turned to see Jeje approach the bed with Ola behind her, she managed a smile for Jeje’s benefit noticing that Jeje ignored Ise’s presence in the room, walking to her instead and taking her hands.

“Crappy.” Kite said still smiling.

“I was so worried, but I’m glad you’re awake now. Are you comfortable, do you need anything?” She asked.

Ise spoke up “Well, I guess I’m not needed in here any longer, I’ll see you later Kite, let me get on with my work, I’ll be in the study.”

Kite felt the tension in the room, why didn’t these two hard heads just make up already, and he accused her of being stubborn. She saw the look that passed between him and Ola just before he walked out. Wow, Ise could be so unforgiving.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2013

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by yajoe(m): 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
Tot U̶̲̥̅̊'ll put d cake dia 4 me
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by tekel(m): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2013
Happy birthday
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Cutepie1(f): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
Hapi birthday 2 my 1 and only repogirl
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by SONFGOD12: 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
Well well well....finally its happening jst lyk i wanted to...#fingers crossed#

PS. Emrrm hapi birthday ma.am...uhrrrh if u dnt mynd hw r old ya #sniggers#
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by mabebe1(f): 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2013
Happy βy day dear, wullnp $ also waitin 4 d nxt update cheesy
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by AnnNini(f): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
;DHappy birthday dear.LLNP.update pls,as our birthday rice
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Switcommy(f): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2013
hapi bufdae repogirl..wish u llnp.....i ve been a silent follower btmust confess u ve a gud writer
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Ghozye(f): 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
Zhu ni shengri kuaile!
Happy Birthday,swt aunty repo.I wish u many more years ahead...

...n ehm,thnx a bunch 4 ds luvly update.I'm gettin rlly rlly rlly scared 4 Kite o! *heartbeat racing* cry
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
Happy Happy Buffday Aunty P!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope say Uncle Amadi flex u wella? If not make I send my private Keke to com nd pick u now,so we cn chill @ a 5star Buka
Wishing u wateva u wish ursef
Hip hip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hurray!

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Melancholy(m): 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
Repogirl the talented one, happy birthday!I so much love jeje for been pragmatic on her love life telling Ise what it actually takes to listen to ones parents cos the younger ones are watching, even though sometimes they do make wrong choices.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
Very funny, Vicki, been a while I saw ya.

Mel, yeah, u're so right, exactly what I was tryin to pass across.

ghozye, xiexie dear, glad you enjoyed it.

Ann,switcommy,mabebe,thanks dearies.

sonfgod, funny, if I tld you, u'd Neva believe, lemme save u a heartattack.

cutie pie, tekel, everyone, thanks.

yajoe, I for upload cake o but I'm a jjc on dis bloody phone and bringing in an image is not working. So no bday cake. sad.

guys thanks a lot, y'all made me feel so special.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Zeinymira(f): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2013
;DJust wondering what would ve happened if jeje had fallen inlove with sal and I can't wait to read ise kick kite a s s out of his heart and home
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
Zeinymira: ;DJust wondering what would ve happened if jeje had fallen inlove with sal and I can't wait to read ise kick kite a s s out of his heart and home

see bad belle o, instead of you to be hoping he loves her too much to let go.
anyway sha, lets see what will happen, me sef just siddon dey watch

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by 3ribalmarks: 9:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
I fear 4 kite oh! Thumps up 2 u repogurl and apy buf day WWLnP
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 14, 2013
Happy birthday to you Repoaunty I wish you plenty plenty years ahead and more wisdom and every good thing you want. smiley
Oya who dey share food? cheesy

Im loving this story with every new chapter.
Kite sef na wa.
Thumbs up Repomama, ive missed you o wink
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by princesa(f): 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2013
Zeinymira: ;DJust wondering what would ve happened if jeje had fallen inlove with sal and I can't wait to read ise kick kite a s s out of his heart and home

yes oh, its a good wonder grin atleast make story miss way sometimes grin

happy birthday Madam Repogirl cheesy
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by dandollaz: 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
Me I no go carry last to wish repooobaby hbd. Got. E dancing asoto in last update.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by MzLakore(f): 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
Cool .....happy birthday peju.....llnp

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (86) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo / My Husband.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.