Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

Punishment You Hated As A Child - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Punishment You Hated As A Child (13812 Views)

You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up / The Punishment You Will Never Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by desodgi(m): 11:08pm On May 04, 2008
Cadet:

@muki
lol!! na wa o
Ashewo buruku! people, see this bobo using style! shocked shocked shocked Egba mi o!!

Thats no style, its openly. Cos youve bin policing me everywhere I go, disturbing my peace. . .abi wetin omoboy wan do na? cheesy
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by SamMilla1(m): 11:11pm On May 04, 2008
I guess mine was one of thw worst.
I grew up in a rural village and whenever i did something that my parents disapprove of,
i will be sent to the stony stream to fetch water at night, very scary place. angry
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by desodgi(m): 11:14pm On May 04, 2008
That wasnt a punishment, that as just becos there was no one else they could send. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Dreloaded(f): 11:14pm On May 04, 2008
ojuju grin

when you got the water did you see an egbeere carrying a mat and crying in the bush? grin
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by desodgi(m): 11:26pm On May 04, 2008
grin grin grin grin calling out : SAM MILLA, SAM MILLA, come to me grin grin grin
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Cadet(f): 11:30pm On May 04, 2008
@desodgi:

grin grin grin grin calling out : Adesodgi, adesodgi, come to me grin grin grin
I think I once heard that.

@desodgi:

Thats no style, its openly. Cos youve bin policing me everywhere I go, disturbing my peace. . .abi wetin omoboy wan do na? cheesy
Omoboy can kick rocks!
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by desodgi(m): 12:04am On May 05, 2008
omo gurl can kick blocks :p
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Cadet(f): 2:34am On May 05, 2008
@desodgi:

omo girl can kick blocks :p
After you jump inside a quicksand, obo grin cheesy
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Gamine(f): 8:53pm On May 05, 2008
@Topic

All Punishments!

Was there a punishment someone was supposed to love?? undecided
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by SeanT21(f): 9:21pm On May 05, 2008
Gamine:

@Topic

All Punishments!

Was there a punishment someone was supposed to love?? undecided

some punishment you didn't mind some you absolutely hated. One punishment i didn't mind was reading. my mother use to let me read half a book and explain it to her. i didn't like reading but i didn't mind. Some i absolutely hated,
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by AKO1(m): 9:27pm On May 05, 2008
Touch your toes, grin
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by lysaa(f): 9:43am On May 06, 2008
wasn't really punished as a kid, just got some thrashes from my mum. But I was more afraid of her 'one-unapproval-look' OMG, it was scary.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Nwaka77: 3:27am On May 07, 2008
kneel down, hands up, close eyes, flogging, flogging, and more flogging! Thank God for adulthood. Make anyone try am today, na ambulance go come carry the person comot angry
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by tRoOE(f): 7:24am On May 07, 2008
down on my knees, hands up and closing my eyes.
The other one was taking my TV, radio or anything i can play with away from my room
I can't use the phone for 2wks cry cry cry, aftertime someone calls my mom is like A can't speak to you right now becos she's on punishment
Will i call abuse punishment grin grin because that makes me cry a lot
I don’t mind the flogging because I know my mom will beg me afterwards

A_K_O:

Touch your toes, grin
My mom hated that particular punishment, i actually knew a girl that died from it, the blood wasn't circulating well so it resulted to a blood clot
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by aloib(f): 10:09am On May 07, 2008
lmaooooooooooo, the regular beating wasnt really painfu;;/ collect the thing, cry and fashy

the one i hated most is shouting, goshhhh i hate those lectures ehnn.

my dad wouldnt even care and would even scold and talk to u in front of visitors, "dont mind her, very lazy, so forgetful, just like her mother, ive always told yu, use that brain, its not for decoration, that gray matterin that head(he would now use his fore finger and start hitting my head), ive told u times without number, when i tell yu to do something, dont postpone it, thats how you would start behaving wehn you start working for other people"
kai i hated it o, ill nnow start crying, lol

mumsis own was screaming,," you make me sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk", shell now give yu some crazy slaps ehn, from head to ur foot, pais pais po pah, as in me i'll normally bend to doge and be sayingouch, chei, itys painful now, or ill start laughing, grin,

pinching was also badddddddddddddddd, my mum can pinch ehn

ringing of ear, chinekeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, my dad would ring continously and then now lift u up with ur ear, kaiii
i have suffered,
i liked the beating sha cool collect that shit and vamoose, i go even dust, would only cry if i know i didnt do anythn bad, lol
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Spermdrops(m): 10:05pm On May 07, 2008
Time outs. angry
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by loffers(m): 5:57am On May 09, 2008
i culd remember those gud old days when i was in school, there is this fine art teacher, if he wants 2 punish u, he will ask u to do frog-jump and he will be jisting and laughing wit u, while u on d other hand will be crying and sweating profu
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by loffers(m): 6:05am On May 09, 2008
when you got the water did you see an egbeere carrying a mat and crying in the bush?

@ D-Reloaded

i've heard similar stories of egbere crying and going about wit their mats when i was in secondary school, to the xtent that we are always scared to go out at nite especially when there is no lite, but is this thing 4 real
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by bunmii(f): 6:14am On May 09, 2008
unexpected slaps & knocks
when my mum says "no meat for you tonight" lol

& when i was in boarding school our seniors will tell us to go and kneel down in a very stony sunny place with our hand straightened in front of us can't remember the name of the punishment
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by mamaput(f): 4:15pm On May 09, 2008
cutting grass
going to the farm
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Princessty(f): 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2010
All U People had harsh punishments but my parents just yelled at me and lectured me and didnt beat okay maybe wen i was small but not anymore cuz i waz born in d USA and lived in a white neigborhood
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by KennyG6(m): 10:55am On Jul 14, 2010
at school: angle 90o,
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Iyineda(m): 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2010
Koboko lashes on the tip of the fingers.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by chi21: 5:06am On Aug 18, 2010
for  me a lot of things cook, clean, take care of one kid and still go to school. Will not sleep about 12 midnight i will sleep. and still sleep out side of the house in cold any were i can sleep. i dont want to remeber my punishment in abroad. Thank God that am free
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Okijajuju1(m): 5:18am On Aug 18, 2010
My own too plenty

1. Go and pound Okazi (If anyone of you have ever pounded okazi with Mortar & Pestle you go understand)

2. Go and fetch water and fill all the drums

3. Kneel down hands up & close your eyes.

4. Go & harvest cassava from the farm.

5. Go & cut the grass in the farm.

6. The good ol' floggin. (And another thing that hurts bout this is wen they say "Go & bring your cane"
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by skybeauty(f): 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2010
there is this kind of beating mum normally gives us, she will squeeze your ear, you trying to save yourselff will bend and position your back for her the next thing you go hear na "hammer beating" 4 your back.

I hate it when one tries to flog me on my back or anyother part of my skin apart from my palms
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by bustode(m): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
Too many people mentioned hands in the air, but it sounds quite easy to do. I mean, as an adult even, I am sure I can go on without much pain. Couldn't have been that hard.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by damiso(f): 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
bustode: Too many people mentioned hands in the air, but it sounds quite easy to do. I mean, as an adult even, I am sure I can go on without much pain. Couldn't have been that hard.

Reallyshocked shocked.Its horrible mainly because my mum had hawk eyes.Try raising your hands for 2 hrs straight.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by bustode(m): 3:36am On Jun 16, 2013
Well, having never done this hands up punishment b4, I will give it a try, but need some body to witness. How exactly is this done by the way? I need some one who's done this before to supervise so that I don't appear as if I am cheating.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message / My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise / Please Which Good Cream Can I Use For My Kids 9m - 3yrs??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.