Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. (18960 Views)

Lapo Loan Funding In Conjunction With Central Bank Of Nigeria. (cbn). / The Viability Of Crowd Funding In Nigeria - Will You Participate / Is Sme Funding In Nigeria A Fact Or Fiction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by charcoalblaq(m): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2013
So now wee have a possible legal structure thanks to our onboard lawyer.

Thanks for the new show of interest, would be sending out an email soon.

There is progress people, and i have you all to thank for that.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by charcoalblaq(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
Why are we here?
We are here because there is a problem in Africa, a large gap almost impossible to cross, the gap from what is possible to what is available, the gap from an idea to its realities, the gap from poverty to wealth. We are here because we have decided to become the solution, a solution once non-existent, a solution that would make us pioneers. We are here because we know the problem is unique for our continent, and we have decided to be unique in solving it.
We are here because we have decided that it is achievable.
That is why we are here.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by ifihearam: 11:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by tysontim(m): 7:44am On Jul 05, 2013
Will be expecting your email soon
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Sammy107d(m): 12:42am On Jul 07, 2013
Send me an e-mail, Charcoalblaq. I think I can be of tremendous help.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by charcoalblaq(m): 12:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
Done
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by iniobong888(m): 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
I welcome this initiative because we cant use the present thought pattern to solve our current challenges. We must think outside the box to conquer our present challenges. One of the areas that needs serious attention is agric, value must added to agric, in so doing it will employ and help to shape the future. I'm passionate about agric value chain and i could be of help. Please roll me in thanks.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by jjjkkkooo: 8:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
Charcoalblaq, this is a fantastic idea. Having studied our environment very well, I believe this is the way forward for most of the economic problems around here. I'm based in Abuja. Pls count me in on dis project. Have u found out SEC's policy in Crowdfunding yet.
It will be better to take this thread to another group either google or yahoo for easier management etc., my email is peacetopeace105@yahoo.com. Kindly add me.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by charcoalblaq(m): 11:17am On Jul 08, 2013
iniobong888: I welcome this initiative because we cant use the present thought pattern to solve our current challenges. We must think outside the box to conquer our present challenges. One of the areas that needs serious attention is agric, value must added to agric, in so doing it will employ and help to shape the future. I'm passionate about agric value chain and i could be of help. Please roll me in thanks.

Mr Iniobong, thank you for your post.
One of our team mates had already suggested your name infact. I would get in touch with you soonest.

Thank you.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Negro1: 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
Im not interested in joining right now because rite now i dont have d luxury of cash to contribute. However i'll like to drop a tip dat u may adopt when u finally start. I'll suggest dat u focus ur investment spotlight on certain sectors that will bring assured returns both for d group and d enterpreneurs.my reason for saying this is that u don't want to exhaust ur early funds on ideas that may not work. U may want to look into technology, energy and agriculture.
My humble contribution.
BTW I'm a law student with spectacular knowledge in private and business law, if you need my humble assistance in any way that i can help. U can contact me.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by charcoalblaq(m): 9:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
@Negro.

At this stage it is people like you with ideas like that that we need, not cash, that abounds given a solid structure is in place. Our Focus for now is Agriculture and Real Estate, nothing entirely new rather an improvement on the "old".

Really Good thinking.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Negro1: 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
charcoalblaq: @Negro.

At this stage it is people like you with ideas like that that we need, not cash, that abounds given a solid structure is in place. Our Focus for now is Agriculture and Real Estate, nothing entirely new rather an improvement on the "old".

Really Good thinking.
well then i'll love to be part of this great program. But before any starting i suggest that we look for experts in agric n real estate with at least 10 years experience. And by experience i do not mean ordinary farmers and people that just sell lands and houses or just some agent.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by charcoalblaq(m): 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
I agree with that completely. In fact the team is already working on that. Its almost like you have some info on our current activities.

Would love to have you on board.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Negro1: 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
Just basic instinct sir, so where do we share updates, is it on this board?
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Negro1: 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Nuke: 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
I'm interested, tmiddlecom2@yahoo.com
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Nichobabe(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2013
I have taken my time to read through and make some research too. I am very sure it will work well in Nigeria if we have serious people on board. I am interested to join and my email addy is nichobabe81@yahoo.co.uk
thanks again OP for bringing this up. together we shall succeed
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by charcoalblaq(m): 8:46am On Jul 11, 2013
Awesome!

Would get to email sending.

Thank you, let us make magic happen!
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Negro1: 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
still expecting ur mail
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by jidowu84: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
charcoalblaq: Done
@op, welldone. Am using dis medium to tell you not to omit anybody dat have shown interest in this initiative behind cos omission of such could cos fight. Lol.
Jidowu84@gmail.com
Eexpecting to read from you soon.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by charcoalblaq(m): 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
Am so sorry, i have been away without my laptop.

Would get it today.

I am definitely not omitting anyone. Lol.

Thanks for your patience @Negro1 and all.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by jidowu84: 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
U dnt need lapy to do dis kind of task oh else u will sit in front of ur lapy truaut d day. Get one Q10 or Z10 , or F7 phantom for yasef
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by charcoalblaq(m): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
I have sent out the mails.

Love the enthusiasm though @jidowu84, it shows you have a strong belief in the prospects of this initiative.

Thanks for your patience and impatience.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Sunglow: 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2013
@charcoalbalq,am still unable to get whatsapp woking on my phone.pls bear with me.Thanks
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
What's your phone?
Sunglow: @charcoalbalq,am still unable to get whatsapp woking on my phone.pls bear with me.Thanks
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by charcoalblaq(m): 1:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
Just watched black hawk down, my gawd! War is not COOL. But then the need for war and the spirit that drives it is commendable. But is worse than fighting a war? I think is being in the middle of one without realizing it.

We are in the middle of a war, one that becomes less metaphorical by the day, it is a war that would continue to plague us until we come together and something about it.

Every day births new stories of boko haram fightings, politicians looting, 419ners defrauding, people starving and an unemployment rate that is the highest in the history of this country.

Boko Haram.
Quite frankly I believe one cannot be easily manipulated with religion if properly educated and on a full belly, I could be wrong, but I believe that poverty is a major reason for the existence of boko haram and other forms of militancy rising in our country.

Politicians Looting
If there is a strong middle class, let us say 60-70% of the population were average income earners who are employed and educated the occurrence of looting politicians would reduce if not completely stop. An empowered people determine the political destiny of their nation. Unfortunately, this is not the case here, 80% of the population lives on less than a dollar a day, and the extremely rich 1% continue to put money on a stick to use in swaying the uneducated and hungry masses to become thugs that help subdue the rest through force. This would not be possible if there was a strong middle class. A strong middle class would not sit idly and vote for political thugs to determine their collective destinies, they would vote in their own at every level. They would vote in an enlightened individual.

419ners
Nigeria has recently been deemed the 8th most corrupt country in the world. The 8th out of more than 100 countries. In cyber fraud I believe we are number 1.

What do you expect from a population of more than half being under 25 and an unemployment rate of 24 %, I believe it is more like half the population, what the do you expect? 40 MILLION unemployed people in this great country of ours! A product of continued corruption at every level. People are dying everyday, everyday, everyday. I am angry, I am mad, very mad at what is going on, and I have decided not to be a statistic.

If you think this does not concern you then you are foolish beyond belief and it is for thinking like yours that the movie black hawk down paints a picture of what is to come in our beloved country.

If this crowd funding is not political then you are deluded, it is as political as running for president and worse because it upsets the balance and THEY know it.

Everyday I come here and I see people supporting one political party over the other, it would have been funny if it was the UK or the US, where the issues are mostly along the lines of pro-gay or something that you can think about on a full stomach and a working system. It is not funny because you paint shiit green and blue and my people go into a full scale e-war on which is better for them.

Are we lobotomized, did I miss the water that turned my people into educated zombies, is this evolution of desensitization a result of decades of being under? What exactly is this? What is going on? Can we not see that for the first time we have a small shot at affecting the lives of many? Can we not see that we cannot do it ON OUR OWN!

Go through the business section on a forum with way less than a million actual people and see the number of people putting up millions that they would want to invest but cannot find anything to do with their monies because the reality is that they do not have the skills or the time from their day job or trust anyone to actually have their interest at heart. Then some people would come along and tell them to save, a very bad idea simply because it does not put real people on the field working and making a living. But a better option than loosing the relatively small amount on some harebrained scheme.

Africa has a High net individual net worth at 1 trillion dollars. Nigeria probably take a quarter if not more of that. Nigeria’s middle class have 50 billion dollars in investible capital.
We don’t need aid, we need foreign direct investment, we won’t get foreign direct investment unless we start taking some initiatives and create sustainable businesses that can scale up significantly. We collectively can create employment using our intellectual, financial and professional resources. We cannot do it as an individual, NO, but together we can. Iroko Tv did not get international finance till someone put up close to 20 million Naira in it, now they have gotten more than 1 billion Naira in investments, and that is an internet company.

We have real problems from housing to agriculture to manufacturing, they are not structured because several private individuals do not equal growth, but a collective effort does, and only a collective effort can gain the confidence of outside investors who are currently looking to invest in our continent. And this would create massive employment, increase our middle class gradually till when several people start similar initiatives, and then if we continue this way, we would have a genuine shot at fighting corruption and taking back a severely damaged country through a process that would guarantee that our children and their children can live in a country that was once going down the path of implosion.

The future is quite literally in your hands, no cliché.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by flexxzzy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hmmm.. Mr muyi the visionary
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by jethro2: 6:55am On Aug 03, 2013
When and where is the first meeting? Great and wonderful idea. Big weldone
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by surveycash(m): 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
Following your mail, I have painstakingly gone through the read. This is commendable, achievable and attainable to any heights if properly managed and controlled. I once read about kiva last year and I admire the idea and dreamt of its workability in Nigeria. Here, you have it.

The problem of funding for startups in Nigeria & Africa as a whole is gigantic and here comes the gigantic solution. My concerns are in the area of security of investors' funds and monitoring. This is where the engagement of professionals in various fields is a necessity.

Though my hands are full now with other engagements, I'll be available to offer my contribution when needed.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by styveke(m): 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
@charcoalblaq. I've been enjoying this post and I'm feeling kinda leftout bcus it took me this long to actually find a thread that profers solution to 1 of our major problems
I'm in and would be looking forward to working with you and all other well meaning and like-minded NL. my email is styveke@gmail.com. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Delafruita(m): 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
i got your mail with a link to this thread and i painstakingly went through.its a great idea and i'd love to be part of it.i dont have a niche so i dont consider myself an expert in any line of work or business.however,i started a real estate firm from scratch and we're moving forward.we constantly have projects that can be invested in for long term benefits.for example,we seek out dilapitated buildings,offer to renovate it and collect rent on it for 20-30years.thats just one example.please forward further correspondence to cornellrealtors@gmail.com

thanks

1 Like

Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by toluxa1(m): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
[size=15pt]@OP

First we want to know what is happening with the business yourself and your wife (or fiance) created here, the charcoal business, where are all the investors? What is happening with people's money? A friend said none of your contacts are going through.
[/size]
https://www.nairaland.com/1213086/charcoal-production-investors-needed-pics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? / Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable / Can 1.5 Million start up a phone accessories business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.