Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? (2989 Views)

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / My Husband Wants Me To Be A Full House Wife After Graduating With A First Class / Is It True That Short Ladies Donot Make Good House Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by Dreloaded(f): 3:43pm On Apr 29, 2008
[Hope you are not referring to me, yemi? 
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by bawomolo(m): 3:46pm On Apr 29, 2008
what if the man was donald trump and u get part of his assets whether he dies or divorces. would u ladies agree to be a baby factory??
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by yemivictor: 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2008
same here! kiss
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by Dreloaded(f): 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2008
You are already getting the assets by being his wife alone

Ivana *(his first wife) wasnt a "housewife" and had kids for him, she worked with a big business and when they divorced, she made more money than him for a while infact. She was floating on top while he was sinking in bankruptcy. If she had sat and done nothing, that would have never happened  tongue
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by Dreloaded(f): 3:51pm On Apr 29, 2008
obviously you dont know the meaning of "werepe", dont respond to my posts anymore. Thanks
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by bawomolo(m): 3:51pm On Apr 29, 2008
ha gold-diggers shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by Ebonyj(f): 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2008
bawomolo:

what if the man was donald trump and u get part of his assets whether he dies or divorces. would u ladies agree to be a baby factory??
Nope !
I would still work, as someone mentioned earlier, it is good to be a submissive wife but then you need to be independent.
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by yemivictor: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2008
Roger that! cool
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by TheSly: 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2008
Well i guess this thread is none of ma bizznizz. cool
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by janami(f): 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2008
being a full house wife is not a good thing, even if the man is super rich. He shld give her smtg to do
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by yemivictor: 8:36am On Apr 30, 2008
janami:

being a full house wife is not a good thing, even if the man is super rich. He shld give her smtg to do

Yes o!

Idle mind, na devil workshop hin dey!! grin
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by Zandra1(f): 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2008
It works for some people but def. not for someone like me. Way too boring.
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by SexxyNaija(f): 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2008
I like the idea of being a mom and spending time with the kids, cooking and cleaning, BUT I also want to have my career and I didnt go to school and graduate for nothing. So it needs to be in balance. There is something about me, I love to be independant. I love making my own money and spending my own money. I dont want to be at home, living off of someone, because guess what they will do or say when you argue, "WHO PAYS THE BILLS" And the mistake that some make is that they dont have any income, so they are stuck there with someone like that.

That is what I dread, I dont want to be trapped in the house, although Id like to be a mommy and stay at home wifey for until the kids can go back to school. I could not be a housewife forever.
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by chisimdi(f): 5:31pm On Apr 30, 2008
SexxyNaija:

I like the idea of being a mom and spending time with the kids, cooking and cleaning, BUT I also want to have my career and I didnt go to school and graduate for nothing. So it needs to be in balance. There is something about me, I love to be independant. I love making my own money and spending my own money. I don't want to be at home, living off of someone, because guess what they will do or say when you argue, "WHO PAYS THE BILLS" And the mistake that some make is that they don't have any income, so they are stuck there with someone like that.

That is what I dread, I don't want to be trapped in the house, although Id like to be a mommy and stay at home wifey for until the kids can go back to school. I could not be a housewife forever.
@ poster;it 's fun spending time with my kids,but it culd b boring atimes,i tried it but it wasn't 4 mua,so i had 2 go back 2 wat i luv doing best working.It's fun wen u spend d money u worked 4. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by kellyp: 11:57pm On Apr 30, 2008
Being a house wife is good sometimes. Of course one can never go without education, but if im married n my husband is rich,why bother working,as far as he gives me money without my asking everytime or i have a credit card i can get money from. Some guys can make the ladies totally financial independent n still b a house wife. perfect world for me. When the wife gets bored, she can get a job cos she's educated so being a housewife is good provided ur educated.
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by Dreloaded(f): 12:00am On May 01, 2008
kellyp:

Being a house wife is good sometimes. Of course one can never go without education, but if im married n my husband is rich,why bother working,as far as he gives me money without my asking everytime

What a ridiculous question. What if he loses his job?

It's women that rely on others for good that end up being trapped if the marriage becomes hell.
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by chisimdi(f): 12:03am On May 01, 2008
kellyp:

Being a house wife is good sometimes. Of course one can never go without education, but if im married n my husband is rich,why bother working,as far as he gives me money without my asking everytime or i have a credit card i can get money from. Some guys can make the ladies totally financial independent n still b a house wife. perfect world for me. When the wife gets bored, she can get a job because she's educated so being a housewife is good provided your educated.
@ kelly;don't get me wrong,but is mur fun wen u spend d money u worked 4. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by senetee(m): 6:17pm On May 01, 2008
Wow, its obvious from this thread that the contemporary woman prefers to work for her money, good for me. It only shows that i can plan towards getting that yatch instead her dubai trips and gold apparels grin.

Seriously, its good for the woman's self esteem but what is the effect of both parents running after money at the expense of family life? I know couples who have never attended their kids school functions before; some kids really need plenty of support from their parents while growing up.
In a place like Lagos where it is possible to find husband and wife out of the house by 5.30, only, to come back after 7 pm fagged out reduces parent-children communication. On weekends, church, friends and social outings take up parents time so where is the quality family time? Delegating kids guidance and monitoring to third-parties like house helps, drivers, extended family members may not necessarily be the best with all these house help stories.

I think the term house wife should be changed to home - maker as it associated with gossiping, low IQ, begging, nagging etc). Note it takes an intelligent woman to make a happy and succesful home. Not every so called house wife is into all these stereotype activities because if she is really into parenting, she would not even have time for all that crap.

Anyways, I believe in a societal system which allows outsourced jobs which allows women to start 9 - 5 jobs when they anticipate more idle time as they are educated and skilled plus with growing internet penetration, what stops a woman from working from home e.g writing articles, research, mentorship etc.

My 2 cents
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by Dreloaded(f): 6:22pm On May 01, 2008
senetee:

Anyways, I believe in a societal system which allows outsourced jobs which allows women to start 9 - 5 jobs when they anticipate more idle time as they are educated and skilled plus with growing internet penetration, what stops a woman from working from home e.g writing articles, research, mentorship etc.

So women should only study certain types of majors so they can get "stay at home" jobs?

No wonder 95% of Nigerian females that live in Nigeria study bullshit like "Business Administration", to appease men like you eh?
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by senetee(m): 6:34pm On May 01, 2008
@D-reloaded
Nope, women can study whatever they like and enjoy doingbe it biohemistry, architecture, engineering, whatever. I have friends who had full time jobs when they were single, resigned when they started having kids and picked up jobs after some years of parenting. So if a system is flexible, they can always resume at something related to what they enjoy doing.

Ah an is studying business administration bull**** now? As long as managing a business is a needed skill, it certainly does not sound like a useless study path.
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by oziomatv(m): 6:36pm On May 01, 2008
These has only being Nigerian thing to be a house wife, but think of it this way. apart from divorce if the man dies and he happened to be an industrialist or a company owner what will you do to take over the business?
  If he's a salary earned man what will you do in case of death? live on his pension?
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by Dreloaded(f): 6:44pm On May 01, 2008
senetee:

@D-reloaded
Nope, women can study whatever they like and enjoy doingbe it biohemistry, architecture, engineering, whatever. I have friends who had full time jobs when they were single, resigned when they started having kids and picked up jobs after some years of parenting. So if a system is flexible, they can always resume at something related to what they enjoy doing.

Ah an is studying business administration bull**** now? As long as managing a business is a needed skill, it certainly does not sound like a useless study path.

Not everyone can afford to just rely on one person for income. Dont know why it's always the "mother/wife" that has to give up something. In the midst of leaving her job with the excuse of raising children and the husband dies or loses the job, what happens? What if she can't get that old job back? What happens then? The children starve? what?

Not saying that those who decide not to work are evil, that is their business. I think it's a stupid idea but na their own but for people to EXPECT women to do this? Um No. Doesnt work that way and i don't know why people keep claiming that those with parents who work are raised by strangers, don't know what kind of family set up you people might have but some of us have good extended family members if the need for help arises
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by oziomatv(m): 6:48pm On May 01, 2008
sometimes you're wonderful with ideas. when not fighting.
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by Dreloaded(f): 7:11pm On May 01, 2008
people look for my trouble, ozii tongue
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by senetee(m): 7:15pm On May 01, 2008
Not everyone can afford to just rely on one person for income. Dont know why it's always the "mother/wife" that has to give up somethingb. In the midst of leaving ehr job wityh the excuse of raising children and the husband dies or loses the job, what happens? What if she can't get that old job back? What happens then? The children starve? what?

Not syaing that those who decide not to work are evil, that is their businee. I think it's a stupid idea but na their own but for people to EXPECT women to do this? Um No. Doesnt work that way and i don't know why people keep cliaming that those with parents who work are raised by strangers, don't know what kind of family set up you people might have but some of us have good extended family members if the need for help arises

Oh yes, it is very true that several couples cannot depend on one person's salary and not all couples have a good alternative financial plan if death occurs. It is also true that the nigerian extended family system can be very helpful in situations like this but there are exceptions and does not always play out well in the future.
   For a couple to take the home maker route, there has to be good financial planning, jobskill acquisiton strategies and so is necessarily not a stupid idea.
      In all situations there are always the what-ifs? I guess its a matter of opportunity cost i.e what values are deemed most important by couples and extended family. And if extended family is really family, i suppose they would come around when the chips go down.

Yes, there are always risks, life itself is a risk.

I'm out. Its 12 am here
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by lucabrasi(m): 1:56pm On May 02, 2008
i dont see anything wrong in being a housewife IF both the husband and wife agree to it,dont forget according to women's lib being a housewife is a form of occuppation when u think of what goes into it,taking care of the house,cooking,taking care of kids e.t.c
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by HRhotness(f): 1:58pm On May 02, 2008
As long as she decides to and not have d decison made for her
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by yemivictor: 2:14pm On May 02, 2008
senetee:

I think the term house wife should be changed to home - maker as it associated with gossiping, low IQ, begging, nagging etc). Note it takes an intelligent woman to make a happy and succesful home. Not every so called house wife is into all these stereotype activities because if she is really into parenting, she would not even have time for all that crap.
Anyways, I believe in a societal system which allows outsourced jobs which allows women to start 9 - 5 jobs when they anticipate more idle time as they are educated and skilled plus [b]with growing internet penetration, what stops a woman from working from home e.g writing articles, research, mentorship etc.[/b]My 2 cents

Salient points right there, brother!

I second them all!!
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by bridget007(f): 9:46pm On May 02, 2008
It works for some, and yea if I was married to a rich man wjo paud me to be solely there for my family, yea why not with money for me if he chose to divorce me yea, butr in reality land, no, I need to know if all falls on my shoulders I can support my family, as it stands I work and have man in lufe but he cointributes nothing so I have no choice but to be breadwinner, wife and mother, what is his role? I wonder, i just love him but could sure kick his ass!
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by Imani(f): 12:39am On May 03, 2008
The idea of a housewife in the 21st century cannot work. In those days of complete housewives, families were a lot larger and there were not enough opportunities for women. With rising costs of living, women have to support their families, and more people live far away from where they grew up so there is not much to do around the same environment. Although, i do have respect for those that can organise and co-ordinate the unending tasks of the home everyday and still feel good about themselves. Strictly speaking, most women classified as "housewives" are probably "part time workers", in the sense that most have small scale side businesses that they fall on during the quiet times. Unless you are the queen or married to a very rich man, women have to "work" in some form. "Work" doesn't mean being employed only. It also involves working from home, self employment, contract jobs, that won't be classed as "regular" work. Most organisations are recognising the uniqueness of the situation involving women with children and therefore have policies that assist women to work and still maintain their homes.

The worst a woman can do is get all the degrees possible and decide to sit on her bum because hubby is rich. shocked
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by U1(m): 1:53am On May 03, 2008
@ Topic

Your ego would determine that. But, a working class lady would be better, no busy body business which could be causing the husband awful lot of problems. Just my kobo undecided
Re: What Do You Think About Being A House Wife ? by iice(f): 7:35am On May 03, 2008
Imani:

The worst a woman can do is get all the degrees possible and decide to sit on her bum because hubby is rich. shocked

Know lots of girls like that.
I wondered why they went to school

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He's Bisexual / I,m Pissed Off. / Some Nigerian Girls And Their Craftiness!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.