Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change (17929 Views)

Fayose Criticizes PDP Governors Visit To Obasanjo, Calls For His Suspension / 2015: “obasanjo And I Have Agreed To Save Nigeria” – Atiku / 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by redcliff: 11:20am On May 30, 2013
[size=14pt]OBASANJO IS A BAS.TARD FOR FORCING GEJ ON US IN THE FIRST PLACE. GOD PUNISH ALL THE EVIL MEN THAT ARE MAKING THIS COUNTRY THE WAY IT STILL IS>[/size] cry. I am saying this with so much pain in my heart
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Nobody: 11:21am On May 30, 2013
OBJ and all his yoruba brothers relationship to the North is like Master and Slave that will never end. The SS and SE never supported the North to take away power from OBJ even when He was battling Atiku, we now know the Game SW is playing with the North, this is pathetic but time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Gbawe: 11:26am On May 30, 2013
ckkris: Does this Gbawe live in Nigeria? I wonder.If Gbawe lives in Nigeria and still writes the way he does, then Gbawe is naive, extremely naive.

What is better than having the patience to see who is proven right? 2015 is not far away and I think GEJ may even be done as early as the 2014 Primaries of the PDP. Even American analysts who do not live in Nigeria know more about how the Country is set up than the average Nigerian so what exactly is your point about living in Nigeria? When has domiciliary status alone ever singularly qualified anyone to be an authoritative voice regarding the affairs of a nation? If that was the case, should ordinary Nigerians, like you, not be far more politically sophisticated than they are currently?

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Nobody: 11:32am On May 30, 2013
Sule Lamido ! Some years back, this same Obasanjo told us that Goodluck Jonathan is the messiah that will take us to the promise land. Few years latter, Obasanjo is singing a different tune.

Now it's Sule Lamido, whom you super - imposed on the good people of Jigawa state, thereby denying them the oppurtunity to elect the leader they want. An oppurtunity which you know is their right.

Once you impose mr. Lamido on nigerians, the circle starts recycling again. Things might get worse. We all know that you're trying to clean up your 8 years mess, but i think it's time you allow nigerians to choose their leaders by themselves.

You have been bitten once, you should be twice shy.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Nobody: 11:33am On May 30, 2013
redcliff: [size=14pt]OBASANJO IS A BAS.TARD FOR FORCING GEJ ON US IN THE FIRST PLACE. GOD PUNISH ALL THE EVIL MEN THAT ARE MAKING THIS COUNTRY THE WAY IT STILL IS>[/size] cry. I am saying this with so much pain in my heart

He wanted a puppet he will control, yet he has been reduced to a MUGU spectator.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Demdem(m): 11:33am On May 30, 2013
Gradually but surely the retardeens supporters are dwindling by the day even within the killer party.
At the rate this is going, I hope he won't be impeached even before the elections. That will be goodnews for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Fadelex(m): 11:34am On May 30, 2013
chidindufrank: He has spoken and we heard him. OBJ is envious of GEJ because GEJ conducted the most free and fair election ever known in the history of Africa. OBJ's daughter lost because GEJ refused to toll the line of rigging and thuggery. Era of Corruption is over in this country, sule Lamido's son was caught with millions of dollars he intended to deposit into his family's a secret account in Egypt. The case is still on and OBJ expects us to accept the father of a thief as our leader come 2015? Never! GEJ has brought smiles to scores of Nigerians world over and he accepts both negative and positive criticism in good fates. He has always shown that human feelings towards ones fellow creatures by giving Boko Haram more than enough time to repent. He built schools for Almajiri's in other to safe/save them from self destruction. 50% of Northern population will vote GEJ in 2015 60 southwest will vote for him while 100% southeast and the IBB's politically created south south will vote GEJ respectively. OBJ count your losses in advance jare.
1. goodluck would av won d 2011 election if not rigged but d election was rigged
2. gej is weak and indecisive (d issue of boko haram is another case, amnesty on one hand and state of emergency on d other hand)
3. av u forgotten that patience was accused of embezzling 300million belonging to local govt prior to 2007 election, did u hear about d case again?
conclusively, all of them are corrupt bt obj is far better than gej
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Pukkah: 11:40am On May 30, 2013
alaoeri: By know GEJ should have see the hand writing on the wall that some big guns are throwing their weight behind Lamido/Amaechi come 2015.

This is what I have been saying. It's only a deluded person that thinks Amaechi is all by himself.

Amaechi knows. GEJ knows. The informed and discerning people know.

If you wonder why GEJ (who's is yet to declare his interest in 3rd term) is descending hard on Amaechi (who is also yet to declare any interest); then ponder on this.

I don't even think Amaechi will run eventually. He might just be a red herring for the Jonathan camp. The jonathan camp hasn't handled the amaechi issue with maturity at all; and this is the plan of the people behind it.

Why did Jonathan promise to serve only one term?

Why did the Northern governors support Jonathan against fellow Northerners? Why was Asari Dokubo silent then? What did Clarke say then?
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by ckkris: 11:42am On May 30, 2013
Gbawe:

What is better than having the patience to see who is proven right? Even American analysts who do not live in Nigeria know more about how the Country is set up than the average Nigerian so what exactly is your point? When has domiciliary status alone ever qualified anyone to be an authoritative voice regarding the affairs of a nation?
Americans generally look down on people in order to steal from them to enhance their own lifestyle. Americans rigged George Bush twice into power. Nigerians also understand how to win election in Nigeria more than any American professor. You talk a lot of theories, but on election day you can't show your face in Bauchi, where Boko Haram will seize all ballot papers for Buhari. The way things stand TODAY Jona will win 2015, just like Obama won 2012 in spite of enormous distractions. Whitemen are not always right, especially in human relationships.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Nobody: 11:44am On May 30, 2013
Im so loving this grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by UyiIredia(m): 11:45am On May 30, 2013
Gbawe:
Anyone who knows Nigerian politics will understand that the NGF Chairman election should not have been won by Amaechi if GEJ was a moderately sagacious President even averagely liked/supported by his fellow political stakeholders. With the power available to GEJ, the NGF election should not have been close let alone end in the win of Amaechi that has now embarrassed the Presidency into the uncouth and undignified actions we are seeing.

Could you please explain why Amaechi wouldn't have won if GEJ was moderately liked ?
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Pukkah: 11:46am On May 30, 2013
kayci_d77: OBJ and all his yoruba brothers relationship to the North is like Master and Slave that will never end. The SS and SE never supported the North to take away power from OBJ even when He was battling Atiku, we now know the Game SW is playing with the North, this is pathetic but time will tell.

Slave and master relationship?

Now tell me, mention the names of those who fought the military governments of IBB and Abacha to have the democracy of today.

Even Tinubu, whom you guys deride and abuse today, funded the pro-democracy activists more than anyone else. He was also in the trenches.

Where was Jonathan then? Where was Clarke? Where was Odili?

Do you know the meaning of 'Abacha politicians'?

We still remember those folks who were begging Abacha to continue in office.

Who is the master and who is the slave?

Did the SW whine, cry or yell when Obasanjo was battling Atiku? Did the OPC or any other group threaten violence?

Now, who is a master and who is a slave or house boy?

Didn't the same SW support Jonathan against Turai/Yar'adua?

Now, who is the Master of the game and who is the Silly Slave?

It's obvious that you guys are getting emotional and worked up over this but it's in your interest not to trample on reason and make more enemies.

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Pataki: 11:47am On May 30, 2013
Things fall apart.

The only hope for PDP come 2015 is at the presidency. With the way things are going, even GEJ should start believing in the rise and fall of the titanic ship. For all those who believe that GEJ will be president come May 2015, please wake up and smell the coffee.....

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by iconaus: 11:55am On May 30, 2013
Pataki: Things fall apart.

The only hope for PDP come 2015 is at the presidency. With the way things are going, even GEJ should start believing in the rise and fall of the titanic ship. For all those who believe that GEJ will be president come May 2015, please wake up and smell the coffee.....

Rubbish . GEJ all the way . GEJ is most marketable candidate now . He is capbale of wining SS , SE, NC some votes from SW and North . No other presidential candidiate is capable of this . No northern candidate will get vote from Ss and SE - this is the reality . Even if Amaechi or Rochas Okorocha contest as VP - no vote from SE and SS because those are regarded as saboteurs and are unpopular in both regions.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by abokine: 11:57am On May 30, 2013
Theben: Nigeria major problems are Islam, corruption and obj.

Obj does not have any right to speak on leadership cos he never was a good leader. Talking about someone who is utterly corrupt. Rigs election openly and boast about it. It's time he shut his mouth up and allow GEJ abeit clueless to do his things his way.
Did I hear you say that Nigeria's major problem includes Islam? Well for your information with all the hate rate islam and muslims all over the world are facing yet the religion is the world's most growing religion.In the USA people keep poundring into islam same in europe and asia. So if you think islam is a problem then I say you better find a chair and seat to watch coz its not stopping until it dominates the world and no one is gonna force nobody to join. We muslims respect our religion so much that we do not seat and watch some one insulting it without protecting its dignity.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by ckkris: 12:05pm On May 30, 2013
Aboki please don't derail this thread. Just go to Religion section.
abokine:
Did I hear you say that Nigeria's major problem includes Islam? Well for your information with all the hate rate islam and muslims all over the world are facing yet the religion is the world's most growing religion.In the USA people keep poundring into islam same in europe and asia. So if you think islam is a problem then I say you better find a chair and seat to watch coz its not stopping until it dominates the world and no one is gonna force nobody to join. We muslims respect our religion so much that we do not seat and watch some one insulting it without protecting its dignity.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by oddy4real(m): 12:14pm On May 30, 2013
Gbawe:

One thing about the support base of GEJ is that it is not driven by innovation,ideas and intelligence. Rather, all those who gather behind GEJ are (1) mercenaries "chopping" his dollar or (2) ethnic/sectional jingoist who fail to accept the simple statistical inevitability of how GEJ and his ethnically loyal support cannot go it alone.

Anyone who knows Nigerian politics will understand that the NGF Chairman election should not have been won by Amaechi if GEJ was a moderately sagacious President even averagely liked/supported by his fellow political stakeholders. With the power available to GEJ, the NGF election should not have been close let alone end in the win of Amaechi that has now embarrassed the Presidency into the uncouth and undignified actions we are seeing.

This is only the NGF election as well with relatively little at stake !!! Folks like you simply do not have a clue. Why do you think the kinsmen of GEJ are issuing threats daily and going to grovel to the USA to help them solidify their threat of how only a GEJ win in 2015 can guarantee peace? It is because , unlike the sentimental folks on this forum, they fully appreciate the statistical number of the opposition to GEJ's ambition to appreciate he can never win in a democratic electoral test of popularity. GEJ, whether folks like you accept it or not, has sickened and alienated everyone deliberately. There is no way back for him.
The Head of the South West NURTW YOUTH WING HIMSELF.He types epistles without making any sense.
Carry on

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Pukkah: 12:19pm On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Could you please explain why Amaechi wouldn't have won if GEJ was moderately liked ?

Amaechi won in spite of the fact that the Presidency backed a candidate who was also backed by the PDP Governors' Forum, SE forum and SS forum.

Imagine if the other candidate that faced Amaechi had no such support!

Lesson: many of the governors that 'appear' to be supporting Jonathan today are not really with him. He's not in CONTROL of many of them.

Run through their names after leaving out Dickson and Akpabio.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by iconaus: 12:20pm On May 30, 2013
abokine:

Yes Islam is the problem the world has been facing now it has infitrated Nigeria . Islam underdevelops people. Islam murders people. Islam does not want any body else or an infedel as a leader except a muslim . then tell me why you re not the problem? And for ur info , some people i know especially in abroad who are muslims are isolating themselves from Islam
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 30, 2013
as long as Nigeria. politics is concerned, obj is overrated.
HE doesn't control Ogun pdp nor national pdp. in fact, not even his polling unit. HE HAS LOST all elections in every of his ward. He's a liability to pdp and a good riddance. If not for his age, i should have mouth washed him. This man only support lamido cos he was part of his govt. obj is a cancer to the pdp and its a thing of Joy to see him criticise the govt. December 2014 primaries, Jonathan will put him and others to shame like what Atiku got. Fresh Air Till 2019 and NO VACANCY in Aso Rock.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by tomakint: 12:26pm On May 30, 2013
abokine:
You guys are fond of deceiving yourselves about your growing religion, the global populations of the Catholic church, an arm of Christianity is more than that of Muslims worldwide! If protecting your integrity is tantamount to killing innocent lives, I wish you safe journey undecided

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by moodswing(m): 12:27pm On May 30, 2013
OBJ has finally gone senile.

I'd rather listen to IBB than this uncultured and grossly irrelevant ex-convict.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by mekus74: 12:28pm On May 30, 2013
wetin OBJ do when he was in power.?? basically nothing. employment was high, security was poor, corruption was high. And he was aiming for third term too. lol
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by ifihearam: 12:32pm On May 30, 2013
Obasanjo is an irrelevant punk just trying to be relevant. Whether he likes it or not,there is nothing he can do stop GEJ no matter what,this is where you will see power of incumbency.I wonder why you people give credit to obansanjo,the moment ACN took ogun state,i knew he was doomed politically,much less at the federal level,a man who has no loyalist in the part and in the presidency,what else can he do,even IBB is more relevant than OBJ.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by moodswing(m): 12:35pm On May 30, 2013
Tinubu did not do that for the sake of democracy. Nadeco was a political investment to him.

By the way where was Obama during the American civil war?. Why didn't the Americans allow families of the war heroes to inherit the birthright of being presidents.

Make we hear abeg.

Pukkah:

Slave and master relationship?

Now tell me, mention the names of those who fought the military governments of IBB and Abacha to have the democracy of today.

Even Tinubu, whom you guys deride and abuse today, funded the pro-democracy activists more than anyone else. He was also in the trenches.

Where was Jonathan then? Where was Clarke? Where was Odili?

Do you know the meaning of 'Abacha politicians'?

We still remember those folks who were begging abacha to continue in office.

Who's is the master and who's the slave?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Pukkah: 12:45pm On May 30, 2013
mekus_74: wetin OBJ do when he was in power.?? basically nothing. employment was high, security was poor, corruption was high. And he was aiming for third term too. lol

I agree with your post.

I would still agree with it if you replaced 'OBJ' with 'Jonathan', 'was' with 'is' and 'third term' with 'second term'.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by greenalwaz: 12:45pm On May 30, 2013
Do we need to alwaz take orders frm this rogues...we ve sum1 dat can do it,U nominated Yaradua nothin gud cud come out of it and again Ebele Jonathan d story is worse .And u are boasting u'll giv us Lamido...am sure it is goin to b a an irreparable calamity .We Nigerians want to elect our leaders,for affliction shall not come again the 2nd time..sorry i met 3rd time
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Pukkah: 12:55pm On May 30, 2013
moodswing: Tinubu did not do that for the sake of democracy. Nadeco was a political investment to him.

By the way where was Obama during the American civil war?. Why didn't the Americans allow families of the war heroes to inherit the birthright of being presidents.

Make we hear abeg.

Political investment from 1994 to 1998 when Abacha died? Abacha that didn't show any sign of death? Abacha that had been adopted by ALL the political parties then as their consensus presidential candidate?

Haba! Let's try to give credit to some people no matter what. Would you have made such investment? Did it make so much political sense then to spend hard-earned money against Abacha?

That was why it was only a handful of people that were against Abacha. Even fewer spent their resources against him. Tinubu was among the fewer few! The rest conveniently chose the easier path.

I see no relationship between this issue and Obama/Civil War analogy? Was Obama alive then? My post didn't canvass for any birthright and Americans do not talk down on war heroes.

We are talking about where adults stand in difficult times and trying periods. Okay?

Where do 'masters' stand? And where do 'slaves' stand? That's the subject.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Gbawe: 1:01pm On May 30, 2013
ckkris: Americans generally look down on people in order to steal from them to enhance their own lifestyle. Americans rigged George Bush twice into power. Nigerians also understand how to win election in Nigeria more than any American professor. You talk a lot of theories, but on election day you can't show your face in Bauchi, where Boko Haram will seize all ballot papers for Buhari. The way things stand TODAY Jona will win 2015, just like Obama won 2012 in spite of enormous distractions. Whitemen are not always right, especially in human relationships.

I never made the argument that they are. My point is that living in Nigeria does not make you an authority on what goes on in the echelons of power. If anything, majority of Nigerians are bystanders who do not even know as much as a neutral American who is able to look at issues before him dispassionately. This is my point.

I have no quarrel with you or any supporter of GEJ. I am merely asking you guys to accept that GEJ , merely because he is President, cannot unilaterally forge a 2015 win for himself when the system is vehemently against him.

If ordinary Nigerians embraced pragmatism and reality more, then we would be far more politically sophisticated and firmly beyond the age of voting along ethnic, religious or sentimental lines. What is more ridiculous and shameful than a people collectively ignoring the record of an administrator, that would have shown them he is a big zero and failure in the making, only to the vote for him because he had no shoes?

Bros, forget your angle of argument. Many Nigerians living in Nigeria are clueless. I mean no disrespect saying that but it is the reality of things vis-a-vis how successive leaders have underdeveloped Nigerians and left many of them unable to think effectively and critically.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by IlajeOmuro: 1:03pm On May 30, 2013
Theben: Nigeria major problems are Islam, corruption and obj.

Obj does not have any right to speak on leadership cos he never was a good leader. Talking about someone who is utterly corrupt. Rigs election openly and boast about it. It's time he shut his mouth up and allow GEJ abeit clueless to do his things his way.

You are wrong but if at any rate right your list remains incomplete. If Islam is a problem then you may not spare Christianity, especially the pentecostal wing whose pastors have continued to profit at the expense of the poor masses.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by IlajeOmuro: 1:12pm On May 30, 2013
ckkris: Americans generally look down on people in order to steal from them to enhance their own lifestyle. Americans rigged George Bush twice into power. Nigerians also understand how to win election in Nigeria more than any American professor. You talk a lot of theories, but on election day you can't show your face in Bauchi, where Boko Haram will seize all ballot papers for Buhari. The way things stand TODAY Jona will win 2015, just like Obama won 2012 in spite of enormous distractions. Whitemen are not always right, especially in human relationships.

How dare you compare Jonathan and Obama. The two not in any way close! I always laugh at your delusion when you compare this seemingly cursed country with America's. Whitemen may not be always right but they are bnot as crude as your folks here. They won't justify a flout of individual's right and describe it as politics. They won't rationalise intolerance and call it politics! They won't conduct an election of 35 voters and declare the man with 16 votes winner etc etc.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by 1025: 1:14pm On May 30, 2013
chidindufrank: He has spoken and we heard him. OBJ is envious of GEJ because GEJ conducted the most free and fair election ever known in the history of Africa. OBJ's daughter lost because GEJ refused to toll the line of rigging and thuggery. Era of Corruption is over in this country, sule Lamido's son was caught with millions of dollars he intended to deposit into his family's a secret account in Egypt. The case is still on and OBJ expects us to accept the father of a thief as our leader come 2015? Never! GEJ has brought smiles to scores of Nigerians world over and he accepts both negative and positive criticism in good fates. He has always shown that human feelings towards ones fellow creatures by giving Boko Haram more than enough time to repent. He built schools for Almajiri's in other to safe/save them from self destruction. 50% of Northern population will vote GEJ in 2015 60 southwest will vote for him while 100% southeast and the IBB's politically created south south will vote GEJ respectively. OBJ count your losses in advance jare.

many call jonathan clueless but i can bet my life than many nigerians including u have dusts inside the skulls instead of brain. who told u that elections understand/jega were free and fair? in bayelsea where governors were asked to live and governors were appointed. in abia where armoured tanks and military personnels were let loose. i can tell u that only in imo state where ordained men of God said no to fraudulent elections.
in the same imo state that Apga is heading, 300 out of the 300 counsellor-ship wards are pdp while 27 out of the 27 local govt chairmen are pdp, how do u explain that? u answer igbo name so tell me what u as an igbo man have to show for ebele azikiwe's 4 yrs as the president of nigeria. who are those benefitting from this govt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Days To Polls: PVC Now Sells For N10,000 / Ifeanyi Ubah Of Former YPP Is A Traitor And A Conman / Omo-agege: Senate Panel Chair, Marafa, Ndume Trade Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.