Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change (17932 Views)

Fayose Criticizes PDP Governors Visit To Obasanjo, Calls For His Suspension / 2015: “obasanjo And I Have Agreed To Save Nigeria” – Atiku / 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Orikinla(m): 1:31pm On May 30, 2013
[size=18pt]
“You know you can help somebody to get the job, but you cannot help him to do it. If somebody cannot do the job, we have Sule Lamido who we are confident can do the job,” he told a crowd of would-be investors, dignitaries and ordinary folks in Dutse, capital of Jigawa State.[/size]

[size=28pt]This is clearly an endorsement of Lamido and Amaechi 2015.

I said it months ago that the PDP is imploding.[/size]

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by olivertwist: 1:32pm On May 30, 2013
Arise O Lord and let all the ENEMIES of Nigeria be SCATTERED.

O Lord, let MISUNDERSTANDING and CONFUSION reign in their camps.

Let all CORRUPT politicians and their accomplices be put to SHAME.

If they fail to change for good, O Lord, pls don't hesitate to wipe them off.

In Jesus Name, I pray.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Gbawe: 1:36pm On May 30, 2013
Pukkah:

Slave and master relationship?

Now tell me, mention the names of those who fought the military governments of IBB and Abacha to have the democracy of today.

Even Tinubu, whom you guys deride and abuse today, funded the pro-democracy activists more than anyone else. He was also in the trenches.

Where was Jonathan then? Where was Clarke? Where was Odili?

Do you know the meaning of 'Abacha politicians'?

We still remember those folks who were begging abacha to continue in office.

Who's is the master and who's the slave?

Did the SW whine, cry or yell when Obasanjo was battling Atiku? Did the OPC or any other group threaten violence?

Now, who is a master and who is a slave or house boy?

Didn't the same SW support Jonathan against Turai/Yar'adua?

Now, who is the Master of the game and who is the Silly Slave?

It's obvious that you guys are getting emotional and worked up over this but it's in your interest not to trample on reason and make more enemies.

You could repeat this a million times and many would still not have the honesty or uprightness to admit the truth in what you say. We may hear ludicrous and unbelievable excuses such as how Tinubu had a crystal ball that told him where we would be today and that is why he pretended to fight for democracy back then.

They will tell you Fayemi heavily invested in Radio Kudirat and devoted himself to democracy, to the extent of becoming an internationally acclaimed champion for it, merely because he is a Yoruba man totally consumed with deceiving the ND, SE and others Even Femi Falana had an agenda when he was fighting tooth and nail to prevent the death of Ken Saro-Wiwa.

They will say anything but admit how Yorubas have always played their part, and never stood by merely to watch, in critical times. Sadly, this is the level of indoctrination to which some of our fellow Nigerians have fallen victim. They will shamefully and wilfully revise history we all witnessed , where they played nil positive roles, to the extent sane folks will have to wonder if Nigeria is one big asylum hosting millions of mad people.

This same OBJ, much as I despise him, was one of the first prominent Nigerian leaders, along with Buhari, to publicly state that Yar Adua should step down and hand over to GEJ if illness prevents him from continuing. Where were ND leaders then like Kuku, Clarke, Orubebe et al back then? Bakare, Soyinka and even my humble self, on the Streets of London, took to protesting in favour of GEJ being made President as the constitution provided. Where were the "brothers" of GEJ then who now revel in calling other ethnic groups unsavoury names today?

Today, and very conveniently for ingrates who mistake factual criticism of GEJ to be ethnic hatred of him, the Yorubas are "parasites", "slaves" and other unsavoury tags simply because they do not believe in blindly siding with "southern brother" GEJ and giving him blanket support in return for failing Nigeria woefully.

I will advise fans of GEJ to learn what democracy is about instead of thinking insults, name-calling and revisionism will get them anywhere.

11 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by EmperorOlu: 1:38pm On May 30, 2013
malele:

“You know you can help somebody to get the job, but you cannot help him to do it. If somebody cannot do the job, we have Sule Lamido who we are confident can do the job,” he told a crowd of would-be investors, dignitaries and ordinary folks in Dutse, capital of Jigawa Stat

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/2015-obasanjo-calls-for-leadership-change/

We have heard you Sir and we are ready for war in 2015.We are armed and ready to die for what we believe in.No more Jonathan come 2015.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by slimghost(m): 1:49pm On May 30, 2013
calapicha: [color=#006600]

How come 19 Governors attended Jang's inaugural meeting? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. 2015 is almost here bro, we shall see.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by slimghost(m): 1:51pm On May 30, 2013
ckkris: Does this Gbawe live in Nigeria? I wonder.If Gbawe lives in Nigeria and still writes the way he does, then Gbawe is naive, extremely naive.

Nah, dude is extremely politically naive and a born tribalist. I advise you ignore him because most of his posts here are arrant nonsense.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by slimghost(m): 1:53pm On May 30, 2013
icon aus:

Rubbish . GEJ all the way . GEJ is most marketable candidate now . He is capbale of wining SS , SE, NC some votes from SW and North . No other presidential candidiate is capable of this . No northern candidate will get vote from Ss and SE - this is the reality . Even if Amaechi or Rochas Okorocha contest as VP - no vote from SE and SS because those are regarded as saboteurs and are unpopular in both regions.

Its obvious you understand Naija Politics better than these touts and kids on Nairaland. carry go!!
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Olaolufred(m): 2:17pm On May 30, 2013
HolyTruth: May our good God grant common sense and wisdom to these set of Nigerian leaders.

The last time I checked, democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Why would OBJ detect, nominate,impose or rig in a Governor for the people of Jigawa? And even have the guts to openly announce it...congratulating him and himself as per being "the god" of the people of Jigawa.

This is an insult to the people of Jigawa...this is a let down and injustice. A show of shame!

THAT IS ANOTHER NAME OF PDP.
REMEMBER OBJ AND AKPABIO HAS SOMETHING IN COMMON
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by EmperorOlu: 2:26pm On May 30, 2013
No more nonsense leadership.We Yorubas have a right to self determination so if the wrong leader is elected we will opt our of the sham marriage called Nigeria.The Oodua nation is prepared to fight for freedom and good leadership.We are highly trained ,armed and ready.Semper fi Oodua Defence Force,For Honour and Glory.

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by kingdami(m): 2:38pm On May 30, 2013
Dike Chimezie: Obj +Lamido + Amaechi + ...< GEJ + power of incumbency.
Lets wait and see.
Non stopping GEJ.
Obj is such an hypocrite and with all indication still unrepentant.
Maybe u still need to go thro obj regime and GEJ regime and see b4 u start saIs America president elected by majority or minoritying wat u don't knw
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Bensonite: 2:41pm On May 30, 2013
Gbawe: OBJ saying GEJ has to go in 2015? Pretty much the opinion of most political stakeholders outside the ND. There is no way a Politician can be as openly treacherous, as wantonly divisive, as callously disappointing and anti-people as GEJ is (to virtually everyone including Political colleagues and ordinary Nigerians) yet said politicians can expect to have any form of support base outside his own region which the blindly ethnocentric nature of Nigerians guarantees. We wish GEJ 'goodluck' even getting the PDP ticket in 2014.
You are not tired of this your empty rants. You have often describe OBJ as the originator of these problems and yet his opinion about 2015 makes sense to you provided GEJ is involved. Grow up boy if you not a man already. You think NLers take you serious this days.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by kingdami(m): 2:51pm On May 30, 2013
Most of us we just luke criticizing and hold on sme1 single mistake, this was d man that give Nigerians another chance and hope by returning nigeria bck to civilian govt, even wen d power was hungry all d military man to take. As at 1991 Nigeria was still importing waters(eva waters). Dis same man fight with his life,wen d military plan again to take d power. Nigeria was debt free during dis man time. U stand dere comparing a die man and a living man together. I lve OBJ and for now u ar still d best man. Regthles of ur mistake as a human begin
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Xfactoria: 3:12pm On May 30, 2013
Pukkah:

Political investment from 1994 to 1998 when Abacha died? Abacha that didn't show any sign of death? Abacha that had been adopted by ALL the political parties then as their consensus presidential candidate?

Haba! Let's try to give credit to some people no matter what. Would you have made such investment? Did it make so much political sense then to spend hard-earned money against Abacha?

That was why it was only a handful of people that were against Abacha. Even fewer spent their resources against him. Tinubu was among the fewer few! The rest conveniently chose the easier path.

I see no relationship between this issue and Obama/Civil War analogy? Was Obama alive then? My post didn't canvass for any birthright and Americans do not talk down on war heroes.

We are talking about where adults stand in difficult times and trying periods. Okay?

Where do 'masters' stand? And where do 'slaves' stand? That's the subject.

On the bolded, just stop right there. That was not hard earned money. That was drug money! How much did Tinubu make from working in Mobil?
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Pukkah: 3:18pm On May 30, 2013
Gbawe:

You could repeat this a million times and many would still not have the honesty or uprightness to admit the truth in what you say. We may hear ludicrous and unbelievable excuses such as how Tinubu had a crystal ball that told him where we would be today and that is why he pretended to fight for democracy back then.

They will tell you Fayemi heavily invested in Radio Kudirat and devoted himself to democracy, to the extent of becoming an internationally acclaimed champion for it, merely because he is a Yoruba man totally consumed with deceiving the ND, SE and others Even Femi Falana had an agenda when he was fighting tooth and nail to prevent the death of Ken Saro-Wiwa.

They will say anything but admit how Yorubas have always played their part, and never stood by merely to watch, in critical times. Sadly, this is the level of indoctrination to which some of our fellow Nigerians have fallen victim. They will shamefully and wilfully revise history we all witnessed , where they played nil positive roles, to the extent sane folks will have to wonder if Nigeria is one big asylum hosting millions of mad people.

This same OBJ, much as I despise him, was one of the first prominent Nigerian leaders, along with Buhari, to publicly state that Yar Adua should step down and hand over to GEJ if illness prevents him from continuing. Where were ND leaders then like Kuku, Clarke, Orubebe et al back then? Bakare, Soyinka and even my humble self, on the Streets of London, took to protesting in favour of GEJ being made President as the constitution provided. Where were the "brothers" of GEJ then who now revel in calling other ethnic groups unsavoury names today?

Today, and very conveniently for ingrates who mistake factual criticism of GEJ to be ethnic hatred of him, the Yorubas are "parasites", "slaves" and other unsavoury tags simply because they do not believe in blindly siding with "southern brother" GEJ and giving him blanket support in return for failing Nigeria woefully.

I will advise fans of GEJ to learn what democracy is about instead of thinking insults, name-calling and revisionism will get them anywhere.

I tire for many of those guys.

Most times I don't really feel like or have the time for commenting. But does one have a choice when you see charlartans, ignoramuses, mischievous people, minions and mercenaries spreading hate and falsehood?

In trying to show 'support' for Jonathan 2015, they're day by day creating enemies and alienating themselves. They issue threats and talk down on anybody and everybody that gives a word of advice,

Honestly, do they think many people (even within the SS) would like the kind of statements from Kuku and Dokubo?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Xfactoria: 3:19pm On May 30, 2013
Bensonite:
You are not tired of this your empty rants. You have often describe OBJ as the originator of these problems and yet his opinion about 2015 makes sense to you provided GEJ is involved. Grow up boy if you not a man already. You think NLers take you serious this days.

If you know that guy well, you'll just ignore him. His opinion on GEJ is much more about hatred than objectivity.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Pukkah: 3:21pm On May 30, 2013
X-factoria:

On the bolded, just stop right there. That was not hard earned money. That was drug money! How much did Tinubu make from working in Mobil?

I don't know how much he made. You may tell me or how you got to KNOW it was drug money.

But wait, was he the only one with 'drug money' back then? What did the others do with theirs?

Give credit when it's due regardless of who is involved.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by UyiIredia(m): 3:22pm On May 30, 2013
Gbawe:

Laudable write-up. It is indeed true that the Yorubas have contributed positively (and negatively) to the Nigerian polity. The sacrifice claimed by M.K.O helps to put everything in its proper context.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Xfactoria: 3:28pm On May 30, 2013
One thing I'm sure of is that OBJ is an expired fellow! He is very selfish and overrated.

I knew from the start that no right thinking person could be his friend for long because he is just an impossible guy. He asks for impossible things. His grouse with Jonathan are based on his daughter's loss in PDP that Jonathan could not do anything about and the revoke of the Lagos - Ibadan concession contract made to Bi-Courtney in which he has interest. Yar'Adua had wanted to boot out Bi-Courtney but OBJ insisted and he was let alone but nothing changed on that road since then. It took so much crying out for GEJ to call the bluff of him to do the needful on that contract.

OBJ as much as Tinubu is a businessman. In 2015, we will show them that everything is not about them.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Ogbonaikenna(m): 3:28pm On May 30, 2013
Let the north and SW exhaust all they have in their armory. We are watching and at the right time we(SS &SE) will hit them real hard.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Gbawe: 3:29pm On May 30, 2013
X-factoria:

If you know that guy well, you'll just ignore him. His opinion on GEJ is much more about hatred than objectivity.
Can I beg you and others to ignore me from now on and show the forum you are men of your word? I challenge you to do so. I don't care for your opinion and that of the chap you quote. It is you people who follow me around and respond to all I say slavishly and obsessively because you are irritable and effeminate twits who will never admit that the written truth bothers you more than you care to admit.

Instead you all start attacking posters instead of their message. Please.please,please, pullllllleeeeeeasssse be my guest and ignore me from now henceforth. As if I gain anything talking to an airhead like you who is only full of petty hatred and nothing else. I don't have time for crybabies and little boys who came here looking for others to hold their hands.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by UyiIredia(m): 3:33pm On May 30, 2013
X-factoria:

@ bolded: Source ?
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Xfactoria: 3:34pm On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Laudable write-up. It is indeed true that the Yorubas have contributed positively (and negatively) to the Nigerian polity. The sacrifice claimed by M.K.O helps to put everything in its proper context.

Kai...Nigerians have short memories. Which sacrifice did MKO make? Wasn't he one of the financiers of military coups that truncated democracy in this country? People who knew him like OBJ knows that they are of the same stock - Rogue businessmen with unbridled self interest above all others. That is why OBJ never immortalized him. He had been scheming dirty for the Presidency since 1978. MKO paid for his sins bro.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Pukkah: 3:35pm On May 30, 2013
X-factoria:
One thing I'm sure of is that OBJ is an expired fellow! He is very selfish and overrated.

I knew from the start that no right thinking person could be his friend for long because he is just an impossible guy. He asks for impossible things. His grouse with Jonathan are based on his daughter's loss in PDP that Jonathan could not do anything about and the revoke of the Lagos - Ibadan concession contract made to Bi-Courtney in which he has interest. Yar'Adua had wanted to boot out Bi-Courtney but OBJ insisted and he was let alone but nothing changed on that road since then. It took so much crying out for GEJ to call the bluff of him to do the needful on that contract.

OBJ as much as Tinubu is a businessman. In 2015, we will show them that everything is not about them.

Hmmm, Obasanjo is expired and overrated...I wish Jonathan would agree with you.

By the way, I'm not a fan of Obasanjo.

But know this, a leper may not be able to milk a cow, but he can sure spill a jug of milk.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Xfactoria: 3:38pm On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

@ bolded: Source ?

Common, don't be lazy, ask google and try to answer the question that followed the part of the post you highlighted. You can read up the thread with link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/172825/us-agents-exposes-bola-tinubus
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Xfactoria: 3:39pm On May 30, 2013
Pukkah:

Hmmm, Obasanjo is expired and overrated...I wish Jonathan would agree with you.

By the way, I'm not a fan of Obasanjo.

But know this, a leper may not be able to milk a cow, but he can sure spill a jug of milk.

The same way he spilled the milk by stopping Anenih from being PDP BOT Chairman? Or the way he installed Sam Egwu as PDP Chairman?
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by PEREP: 3:41pm On May 30, 2013
Gbawe: OBJ saying GEJ has to go in 2015? Pretty much the opinion of most political stakeholders outside the ND. There is no way a Politician can be as openly treacherous, as wantonly divisive, as callously disappointing and anti-people as GEJ is (to virtually everyone including Political colleagues and ordinary Nigerians) yet said politicians can expect to have any form of support base outside his own region which the blindly ethnocentric nature of Nigerians guarantees. We wish GEJ 'goodluck' even getting the PDP ticket in 2014.
Did you just say Anti People? The last time I checked, you represent the 'Eko Oni Baje' Clique on Nairaland
I am sure you are in Lagos and can see how everywhere is fast becoming sold to few individuals with thinner space or hope for survival by the ‘Masses’. Lagos hosts the most vibrant members of the social media and as such the loudest voice of frustration has been coming from this end of the country. Almost all state roads in Lagos causes Head Ache because they are patched all over, the big boys (Lekki,Ikoyi,Ajah) themselves are paying daily tolls which must not be challenged or they are bullied to high heavens, water plants are just ‘nearing completion’ after almost 16 yrs of very stable democracy of Lagos, 4th Mainland is still been planned after 14 years, LASU is a no-go-area for the lower end of the populace, Multiple Taxation everywhere, companies are folding up due to harsh business environment and multiple bills from many agencies of Lagos , you have to pay for almost everything except air in Lagos and kept wondering the exact responsibility of Lagos government to Lagosians. Someone even said LASTMA was given a target to deliver certain revenues sometimes and you can imagine a Police force with target to deliver part of Govt revenues.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Xfactoria: 3:44pm On May 30, 2013
Gbawe:
Can I beg you and others to ignore me from now on and show the forum you are men of your word? I challenge you to do so. I don't care for your opinion and that of the chap you quote. It is you people who follow me around and respond to all I say slavishly and obsessively because you are irritable and effeminate twits who will never admit that the written truth bothers you more than you care to admit.

Instead you all start attacking posters instead of their message. Please.please,please, pullllllleeeeeeasssse be my guest and ignore me from now henceforth. As if I gain anything talking to an airhead like you who is only full of petty hatred and nothing else. I don't have time for crybabies and little boys who came here looking for others to hold their hands.

Just so you know how unaware and foolish you are, did you notice that was an advice to someone and not a direct response to you? Did you also notice that I have ignored all your posts and wouldn't waste time to take you up on your bigoted and myopic views?
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Pukkah: 3:45pm On May 30, 2013
X-factoria:

The same way he spilled the milk by stopping Anenih from being PDP BOT Chairman? Or the way he installed Sam Egwu as PDP Chairman?

Or the way Oyinlola was removed as PDP Secretary?

Or the way his daughter lost in Ogun state?

We can go on and on...

I repeat, Jonathan won't agree with you.

Time will tell. Let's continue to watch events. May God keep us.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by jaybee(f): 3:46pm On May 30, 2013
mr_man: 2015 is definitely going to be bloody. The old era of political assasinations is probably going to creep back into the polity.

mr man will wake up from your slumber? WHEN DID THE ERA OF POLITICAL ASSASSINATIONS BECOME OLD?
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by slimghost(m): 3:46pm On May 30, 2013
X-factoria:

Just so you know how unaware and foolish you are, did you notice that was an advice to someone and not a direct response to you? Did you also notice that I have ignored all your posts and wouldn't waste time to take you up on your bigoted and myopic views?

You should have ignored that kid like most sensible people do.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by UyiIredia(m): 3:49pm On May 30, 2013
X-factoria:

Kai...Nigerians have short memories. Which sacrifice did MKO make? Wasn't he one of the financiers of military coups that truncated democracy in this country? People who knew him like OBJ knows that they are of the same stock - Rogue businessmen with unbridled self interest above all others. That is why OBJ never immortalized him. He had been scheming dirty for the Presidency since 1978. MKO paid for his sins bro.

Indeed, he had his faults. I hear from some people his wealth was ill-gotten (?) but that does not erase the fact that he died in the struggle to be elected in the freest and fairest election within a military regime.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by sunnyprof: 3:50pm On May 30, 2013
As much as Obj may not seem relevant now politically, we should not despise his native intelligence to depose those who have been arrogant in power in all his life time. Abiola, Abacha, Babangida, Atiku, Aneneh, Etete, Tam David-West, Lukman Rilwan, kaduna Mafia, Minna Mafia, Langtang mafia, Asari Dokubo, Victor malu, Egbesu shrine in ODI (the shrine was the issue, their confidence, not the gangs), Odili, Alameisiagh, Ibori, Gbenga Daniel, Tinubu, Saraki olusola, ETc....; whether in Power or not. Some were mere speech while not in Power and he knows who to contact to do the dirty game... He can "still dey laugh ooo" with some strategies that he has diversely tested.

Bad as he may be, he is a man who demonstrates the will to achieve whatever he conceives is for the people (even though it may not be so). Also he could just go and sit down to enjoy his final retirement but he still meddle in National issues (which is most of what he comments on really). Where you should fear people like him is that he has never pretended that he controls the politics in his state or the west even when in power but he gets the things he decides to meddle in. How? he has disciples all over Nigeria, he is the only live elder statesman among all his peers, just name them.

What we need now is not political rehtorics but men who can act their words, especially on perceived national issues. Jonathan's clout may not be able to stand the salt taste of Obj in the water of Nigerian History. lets be careful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Makes U-turn, Passes Confidence Vote On Jega / Darius Ishiaku Wins Taraba Governorship Election / Seven Boko Haram Members Die In Explosive-laden Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.