Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change (17931 Views)

Fayose Criticizes PDP Governors Visit To Obasanjo, Calls For His Suspension / 2015: “obasanjo And I Have Agreed To Save Nigeria” – Atiku / 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Mogidi: 3:50pm On May 30, 2013
Gbawe is fast turning out as the biggest joke of nairaland(after Eko Ole).

Hear him :
As if that is not enough, doubly sad for OBJ that GEJ also has the most clannish, most ungrateful, most foul-mouthed and most divisive supporters any leader can have.

Your continuous assertion that the ND are foul-mouthed and ungrateful is probably the biggest doublethink this year on nairaland. If you don't want us to be foul mouthed then stop being foul mouthed.

Now where were you when the feral crew of Bluetooth,dayokanu, Eko ole and the rest of your degenerates use insults as arguements?
Were we supposed to keep quiet when you and your bonehead crew resort to denigrating the president post after post, thread after thread?

How can you castigate us(assuming you're not insane) for "clannishness" yet turn a blind eye to the fact Yorubas support by default Yoruba parties/politicians.

Times have changed and you,re angry because it sucks to be a Yoruba man now politically?
Seems Yoruba youths are in no hurry to abandon the traitorous meme of their forebears.

Goodluck in 2015 or their will be no Nigeria. You lot can align with the North to create Oduduwa/Arewa republic post 2015.
Have you checked the prize of cocoa and ground nut lately?

Anyway, must say I wish Yoruba political elites good luck even though the future looks bleak.

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by UyiIredia(m): 3:54pm On May 30, 2013
X-factoria:

Common, don't be lazy, ask google and try to answer the question that followed the part of the post you highlighted. You can read up the thread with link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/172825/us-agents-exposes-bola-tinubus

Google doesn't answer all questions. I'd prefer archived articles on such topics in outmoded magazines such as Newswatch, African Concord etc.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by UyiIredia(m): 3:54pm On May 30, 2013
X-factoria:

Just so you know how unaware and foolish you are, did you notice that was an advice to someone and not a direct response to you? Did you also notice that I have ignored all your posts and wouldn't waste time to take you up on your bigoted and myopic views?

Gbawe bigoted and myopic ! How ?
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by UyiIredia(m): 4:04pm On May 30, 2013
Mogidi: Gbawe

How can you castigate us(assuming you're not insane) for "clannishness" yet turn a blind eye to the fact Yorubas support by default Yoruba parties/politicians.

A very hasty generalization. Because there are well-known cases of Yorubas (e.g Falana, Fawehinmi, Bakare etc) who dislike certain Yoruba politicians. Your statement is revealed all the more pathetic given the coalition of APC which involved Yorubas synergizing with CPC (a Northern-biased) and ANPP (an Eastern-biased party if I'm correct).

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 30, 2013
I hope you were protesting as loudly when Thief Obasanjo was in power for eight ruinous years.
EmperorOlu: No more nonsense leadership.We Yorubas have a right to self determination so if the wrong leader is elected we will opt our of the sham marriage called Nigeria.The Oodua nation is prepared to fight for freedom and good leadership.We are highly trained ,armed and ready.Semper fi Oodua Defence Force,For Honour and Glory.

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Xfactoria: 4:06pm On May 30, 2013
sunnyprof: As much as Obj may not seem relevant now politically, we should not despise his native intelligence to depose those who have been arrogant in power in all his life time. Abiola, Abacha, Babangida, Atiku, Aneneh, Etete, Tam David-West, Lukman Rilwan, kaduna Mafia, Minna Mafia, Langtang mafia, Asari Dokubo, Victor malu, Egbesu shrine in ODI (the shrine was the issue, their confidence, not the gangs), Odili, Alameisiagh, Ibori, Gbenga Daniel, Tinubu, Saraki olusola, ETc....; whether in Power or not. Some were mere speech while not in Power and he knows who to contact to do the dirty game... He can "still dey laugh ooo" with some strategies that he has diversely tested.

Bad as he may be, he is a man who demonstrates the will to achieve whatever he conceives is for the people (even though it may not be so). Also he could just go and sit down to enjoy his final retirement but he still meddle in National issues (which is most of what he comments on really). Where you should fear people like him is that he has never pretended that he controls the politics in his state or the west even when in power but he gets the things he decides to meddle in. How? he has disciples all over Nigeria, he is the only live elder statesman among all his peers, just name them.

What we need now is not political rehtorics but men who can act their words, especially on perceived national issues. Jonathan's clout may not be able to stand the salt taste of Obj in the water of Nigerian History. lets be careful.

Well...what you don't understand is that people like him in history always end up being disgraced. Most recently, Bukola Saraki demystified "almighty Baba Oloye" - Olusola Saraki (his father) in Kwara State. Until it happened, no one believed it could happen. Did you also notice how Oshiomole put Anenih in his place in Edo? Did you notice how "almighty IBB" who popularly stepped aside was checked by OBJ? The examples are endless.

Just wait and see, 2015 is not far.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by ckkris: 4:14pm On May 30, 2013
Ilaje Omuro:

How dare you compare Jonathan and Obama. The two not in any way close! I always laugh at your delusion when you compare this seemingly cursed country with America's. Whitemen may not be always right but they are bnot as crude as your folks here. They won't justify a flout of individual's right and describe it as politics. They won't rationalise intolerance and call it politics! They won't conduct an election of 35 voters and declare the man with 16 votes winner etc etc.
Really! They count ballots three times and their Supreme Court award unjustifiable victory to Republicans, that in turn award themselves unjustifiable defence contracts, and force everyone to pay tax to cover their fraud. Make I de write?
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Mogidi: 4:20pm On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

A very hasty generalization. Because there are well-known cases of Yorubas (e.g Falana, Fawehinmi, Bakare etc) who dislike certain Yoruba politicians. Your statement is revealed all the more pathetic given the coalition of APC which involved Yorubas synergizing with CPC (a Northern-biased) and ANPP (an Eastern-biased party if I'm correct).

Mind explaining why majority of Yorubas on nairaland support ACN or vice versa?

Is any one stopping you from forming an opinion? (am surprised you keep answering post meant for Gbawe)
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Koffiman: 4:25pm On May 30, 2013
This old monkey that slept with his daughter- inlaw and misruled d country is at it again. He foisted sick Y'ardua on us without knowing his offshoot- GEJ will boomerang on him. It's high time we nigerians consigned OBJ to political oblivion and irrelevance through our votes. Please, let us vote wise.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Onasa22: 4:31pm On May 30, 2013
Obi is politically dead. He has nothing to offer Lamido in South West
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Gbawe: 4:37pm On May 30, 2013
X-factoria:

Just so you know how unaware and foolish you are, did you notice that was an advice to someone and not a direct response to you? Did you also notice that I have ignored all your posts and wouldn't waste time to take you up on your bigoted and myopic views?

Ha ha. Joker. You have a funny comprehension of what "ignored" means. Look at your rant only yesterday that contradicts the part in bold above and shows you as an irritable, petty and personality-centred liar:

https://www.nairaland.com/1306745/cpcs-fashakin-replies-reuben-abati

Gbawe, you are the one that should check your desperate self! You and Fashakin have a beclouded sense of judgment that belongs to the stone age as rightly pointed out by Abati. You should have been born when men walk around unclad.

The President, by choice, elected to speak at the conference. It was never compulsory. So what is the fuss to you if he delegates that duty and chooses to attend to what is obviously more beneficial than addressing the summit on generic issues?

Nigeria should be rid of all you jobless noisemakers for good!

Kindly tell the forum whether I addressed you to gain the vile and inexcusably uncouth response above from you - given that I never spoke to you on that thread to warrant such a tirade. Sadly your conduct on that thread, captured by the reference-database modern blog sites are, now ridicules your lie that you "ignore" what I write. Olodo grin grin grin

See how you are now a discredited liar simply because of your petty hatred for those who speak against your incompetent and clueless messiah? .You and others are merely immature creatures of hate who cannot deal with facts and the truths.

There may still be salvation for you and your sycophantic co-travellers if you simply accept that you don't have to sink with "fresh air" wink wink
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Gbawe: 4:55pm On May 30, 2013
Pukkah:

I tire for many of those guys.

Most times I don't really feel like or have the time for commenting. But does one have a choice when you see charlartans, ignoramuses, mischievous people, minions and mercenaries spreading hate and falsehood?

In trying to show 'support' for Jonathan 2015, they're day by day creating enemies and alienating themselves. They issue threats and talk down on anybody and everybody that gives a word of advice,

Honestly, do they think many people (even within the SS) would like the kind of statements from Kuku and Dokubo?

Same here. If you are devoted to equity and fairness always, which sadly exclude many Nigerians, then prepare to be the enemies of some people the minute you are not backing them blindly. The good you have done is but a distant memory to be replaced with lies and revisionism. Many Nigerians are not enduringly committed to what is right. They only subscribe to that consideration when it suits them and their ethnic group.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 30, 2013
You know you can help somebody to get the job, but you cannot help him to do it. If somebody cannot do the job, we have Sule Lamido who we are confident can do the job,” he told a crowd of would-be investors, dignitaries and ordinary folks in Dutse, capital of Jigawa State.

When it comes to passing a strong political message in a coded language, give it to OBJ. The day/date, location and choice of words simply nailed it.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by camelus: 5:43pm On May 30, 2013
icon aus:

Rubbish . GEJ all the way . GEJ is most marketable candidate now . He is capbale of wining SS , SE, NC some votes from SW and North . No other presidential candidiate is capable of this . No northern candidate will get vote from Ss and SE - this is the reality . Even if Amaechi or Rochas Okorocha contest as VP - no vote from SE and SS because those are regarded as saboteurs and are unpopular in both regions.
Definitely GEJ must clinch PDP ticket for Presidential Election or the Party will be destroyed.So when u compare GEJ and other Parties Candidate coming out for 2015 Presidential Election then u announce result yourself.
GEJ till 2019 !
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Bolan123: 6:12pm On May 30, 2013
oddy4real: Even in Ogun PDP, Obasanjo has no relevance, his faction IS NOT recognized and he cannot control delegates that would vote during the PDP Presidential Primaries.Obasanjo has lost a lot of relevance and to gain relevance, he has to say Controversial things to make the Headlines.
he doesnt have enough clout to stop GEJ from clinching the PDP ticket.
Somebody that lost in his own ward. He is irrelevant. He will soon join people like Buhari, always making noise.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by sunnyprof: 6:15pm On May 30, 2013
: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Prof Corruption: 5:02pm

When it comes to passing a strong political message in a coded language, give it to OBJ. The day/date, location and choice of words simply nailed it.(Quote)

Like you got what I meant earlier on too. Obj seems to form an opinion and knows how to sell it.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Bolan123: 6:21pm On May 30, 2013
I want to believe that those supporting OBJ will vote for Sule Lamido? People will never cease to amaze me. Imagine people thinking with their anus.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by sunnyprof: 6:22pm On May 30, 2013
X-fACTORIAL: Well...what you don't understand is that people like him in history always end up being disgraced. Most recently, Bukola Saraki demystified "almighty Baba Oloye" - Olusola Saraki (his father) in Kwara State. Until it happened, no one believed it could happen. Did you also notice how Oshiomole put Anenih in his place in Edo? Did you notice how "almighty IBB" who popularly stepped aside was checked by OBJ? The examples are endless.

You understood my theory very well and that's where I say we should be careful. If we must also root out all these old wagons(which we need to do), we would have to think deep and be strategic. The dimension you are taking it with GBAWE's comments and how it sound by 'bravado' GEJ can just clinch 2015 may not be the way to go. Sentiments, Tribalism and Anger against the Ego-lords alone will not do and these approaches may even expose the GEJ cause for them to crush.

Lets work on what we need and let our people know why we need them, while as well passing the info derived to the GEJ caucus to focus on, is the beginning class of the required strategy.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by kinguwem: 7:01pm On May 30, 2013
OBJ the 'do or die' politician is not very relevant in the modern day Nigerian politics of one man, one vote. As an elder statesman, he should not heat up the polity. Sule Lamido is not the man. He abandoned M.K.O. Abiola after the June 12 elections in 1993 to became a minister in a dictator's government. How much internally generated revenue does his state produce in a month? He is a political light weight despite his age. Without the help of OBJ he couldn't have become a governor. Despite the large expanse of land, how much does Jigawa State contribute to the GDP through agriculture.
Though Jigawa State is peaceful & devoid of the activities of Boko Haram, as long as the the neighbouring states are not safe, genuine investors will not be attracted to the state.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by EmperorOlu: 7:03pm On May 30, 2013
GenBuhari: I hope you were protesting as loudly when Thief Obasanjo was in power for eight ruinous years.

[b]Check my post and you will see how i protested against him.I am not an obasanjo fan but he was way better than Jonathan. Jonathan has taken us backwards instead of forward and corruption under him has become open and shameless.All i am saying here is that there are new kids on block .The OOdua Defence Force is an Armed Revolutionary Group that will fight for the secession of the OOdua Nation from Nigeria if Jonathan is relected as President. If Igbos want Jonathan to be their President ,they can have him.We Yorubas don't want him and don't need him.The Igbos and The naija delta can keep their oil ,we don't need it.What we need is freedom and the opportunity to elect credible honest and intelligent leaders who can make good use of all the resources available in Oodua land.

Unlike MEND and Boko Haram ,we will not attack innocent civilians ,we will only target politicians if need be and if the Nigerian Military chooses to get involved we will also engage them.We have a right to self determination and will not want to be led by Jonathan after 2015.This may seems like a bluff to many but come 2015 we will see what is happening.Ours is not an organisation of militants but a formidable force of highly trained tactical combatants with advanced weaponry and systems.We are well funded and our men are ready to die for the motherland.We have chosen to wait till 2015 to see how this all turns out but one thing that is certain is that Jonathan will not rule over Oodua beyond 2015.[/b]

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by malele(m): 7:06pm On May 30, 2013
I made front page again
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by kinguwem: 7:17pm On May 30, 2013
Gbawe:

You could repeat this a million times and many would still not have the honesty or uprightness to admit the truth in what you say. We may hear ludicrous and unbelievable excuses such as how Tinubu had a crystal ball that told him where we would be today and that is why he pretended to fight for democracy back then.

They will tell you Fayemi heavily invested in Radio Kudirat and devoted himself to democracy, to the extent of becoming an internationally acclaimed champion for it, merely because he is a Yoruba man totally consumed with deceiving the ND, SE and others Even Femi Falana had an agenda when he was fighting tooth and nail to prevent the death of Ken Saro-Wiwa.

They will say anything but admit how Yorubas have always played their part, and never stood by merely to watch, in critical times. Sadly, this is the level of indoctrination to which some of our fellow Nigerians have fallen victim. They will shamefully and wilfully revise history we all witnessed , where they played nil positive roles, to the extent sane folks will have to wonder if Nigeria is one big asylum hosting millions of mad people.

This same OBJ, much as I despise him, was one of the first prominent Nigerian leaders, along with Buhari, to publicly state that Yar Adua should step down and hand over to GEJ if illness prevents him from continuing. Where were ND leaders then like Kuku, Clarke, Orubebe et al back then? Bakare, Soyinka and even my humble self, on the Streets of London, took to protesting in favour of GEJ being made President as the constitution provided. Where were the "brothers" of GEJ then who now revel in calling other ethnic groups unsavoury names today?

Today, and very conveniently for ingrates who mistake factual criticism of GEJ to be ethnic hatred of him, the Yorubas are "parasites", "slaves" and other unsavoury tags simply because they do not believe in blindly siding with "southern brother" GEJ and giving him blanket support in return for failing Nigeria woefully.

I will advise fans of GEJ to learn what democracy is about instead of thinking insults, name-calling and revisionism will get them anywhere.
I'm not surprised that Dora Akunyili's role has not been mentioned. Because somebody sponsored NADECO he must be compensated by embezzlement of state funds? Most of the cowards that abandoned M.K.O Abiola & went on self-exile abroad are the ones enjoying the dividend of democracy.

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 30, 2013
Fair enough.

However whilst I am no supporter of GEJ, I can not judge him to be worst than OBJ since most of the mess he is facing was created not by him, but by OBJ and since he has just had over 2years compared to OBJ.

EmperorOlu:

[b]Check my post and you will see how i protested against him.I am not an obasanjo fan but he was way better than Jonathan. Jonathan has taken us backwards instead of forward and corruption under him has become open and shameless.All i am saying here is that there are new kids on block .The OOdua Defence Force is an Armed Revolutionary Group that will fight for the secession of the OOdua Nation from Nigeria if Jonathan is relected as President. If Igbos want Jonathan to be their President ,they can have him.We Yorubas don't want him and don't need him.The Igbos and The naija delta can keep their oil ,we don't need it.What we need is freedom and the opportunity to elect credible honest and intelligent leaders who can make good use of all the resources available in Oodua land.

Unlike MEND and Boko Haram ,we will not attack innocent civilians ,we will only target politicians if need be and if the Nigerian Military chooses to get involved we will also engage them.We have a right to self determination and will not want to be led by Jonathan after 2015.This may seems like a bluff to many but come 2015 we will see what is happening.Ours is not an organisation of militants but a formidable force of highly trained tactical combatants with advanced weaponry and systems.We are well funded and our men are ready to die for the motherland.We have chosen to wait till 2015 to see how this all turns out but one thing that is certain is that Jonathan will not rule over Oodua beyond 2015.[/b]

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by ckkris: 7:35pm On May 30, 2013
EmperorOlu:

p_f94d6c3c52_m.jpg[/img]
ocom/5342/8892860111_4907c29fdc_m.jpg[/img]
No one will force anyone to remain in Nigeria. That keep Nigeria one at al cost was a mistake.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by dayokanu(m): 7:42pm On May 30, 2013
When OBJ saw trusted performers like Donald Duke there but he rather threw his weight behind Retardeen the worst governor in the SS

Na dem get themselves, They are all PDP, and we are kicking PDP out whether in the form of Retardeen Jonathan, OBJ or Lamido

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by redsun(m): 7:46pm On May 30, 2013
GenBuhari: Fair enough.

However whilst I am no supporter of GEJ, I can not judge him to be worst than OBJ since most of the mess he is facing was created not by him, but by OBJ and since he has just had over 2years compared to OBJ.

Obj is an epitome of evil,anything worse than obj will be in the ranks of hitler and stalin.

Gej on the other is a new kid on the block that seems to be towing the line of the same corrupt practices with relatively new gangs.

Same as the opposition.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by dayokanu(m): 7:49pm On May 30, 2013
moodswing: Tinubu did not do that for the sake of democracy. Nadeco was a political investment to him.

By the way where was Obama during the American civil war?. Why didn't the Americans allow families of the war heroes to inherit the birthright of being presidents.

Make we hear abeg.

Obama wasnt born during the American civil war.

Are you telling us Retardeen , Clarke etc were not born during the military rule
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by dayokanu(m): 7:59pm On May 30, 2013
Where was Asari, Clarke and orubebe when Bakarae, Soyinka protested against the cabal

[img]http://babajidesalu.files./2010/01/yaradua-protest1.jpg[/img]
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 30, 2013
Wow!
So OBJ is alive!
When Amaechi was provoking the power that is, no one bothered, when he got knocked, bigots remembered democracy.

My adivice to OBJ is to sit tight cause Amaechi has hardly jumped the likely set hurdles yet.
He has to overcome the challenges of being kicked out of PDP, possibly being impeached, convictions of financial mis-appropriation before Obasanjo, the job giver can find him to give him the job. Apart from that, am thinking Amaechi might have to relocate to Ota farm or Taraba while he drives his campaign, cause the multitude of Niger Delta militants can easily be instigated against him with Obasanjo-styled withdrawal of police protection.

Last but not the least, What is the difference between Obasanjo's revelation to Taraba People about rigging their elections, and the so called statement credited to Akpabio. Where are the so called upholders of democracy, did they read his revelation with eyes closed or the rules do not apply in this case.

Two years is enough for a sitting president to consolidate power, especially when his enemies have revealed themselves. OBJ should go back indoors, the Ajofia is still in the market square.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by SPSpecial(m): 8:05pm On May 30, 2013
No story....... i only pray for 2015
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by russellino: 8:06pm On May 30, 2013
Imagine Obasanjo talking about leadership. "Mr Sell my country's heritage to self and the new kids on the block in the name of privatization", "Mr. Do or Die to get third-term" that described Adedibu as garrison commander. Chai!!

After pissing away our return to democracy after so many years of sweat and blood he's talking about leadership. Why did he set Goodluck up to be president in the first place. Let him live with his creation
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change by maximunimpact(m): 8:07pm On May 30, 2013
HolyTruth: May our good God grant common sense and wisdom to these set of Nigerian leaders.

The last time I checked, democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Why would OBJ detect, nominate,impose or rig in a Governor for the people of Jigawa? And even have the guts to openly announce it...congratulating him and himself as per being "the god" of the people of Jigawa.

This is an insult to the people of Jigawa...this is a let down and injustice. A show of shame!

Barking behind ur cupbod, show ur face n tell it 2 him, den I will knw u a real man! Anyway love him or hate him, OBJ is a gr8 mind, he rigged GEJ in and u ar lovin it......y nt do same 4 Lamido and Jigawa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdulsalam Badamasi Dies In Hotel In Maiduguri / Omo-agege: Senate Panel Chair, Marafa, Ndume Trade Words / Fayose Hopes To See Osinbajo Patronize Barbing Saloons In Ajegunle, Baga Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.